Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
HERBERT THE HIPPO

C'mon parents....stopped with the EFFed up names..

To you, the names shout "LOOK AT ME....I'M BEING ORIGINAL!!!!

To everyone else it says "HOLY CRAP....THAT POOR KID!!!!

Names I've heard recently:

Duncan :X

Zander :X:X

Jefferson :X:X:X

Sailor :o

and todays effed up kids name.......

Parsons :X:X:X:X:X Parsons????....WTF????

You are right.

John for boys. Mary for girls.

Anything else is just bonkers.

Howdy, Sailor. :bye:

To you, the names shout "LOOK AT ME....I'M BEING ORIGINAL!!!!

To everyone else it says "HOLY CRAP....THAT POOR KID!!!!

Names I've heard recently:

Duncan    :X

Zander    :X  :X 

Jefferson  :X  :X  :X

Sailor        :o     

and todays effed up kids name.......

Parsons    :X  :X  :X  :X  :X  Parsons????....WTF????

You are right.

John for boys. Mary for girls.

Anything else is just bonkers.

I could not agree more. :thumbup:

Oh yeah, I forgot I had a kid 2 years ago named Maverick. I used to mess with him all the time by saying "Talk to me Goose".

:lmao:

I would actually encourage more parents to name their children after names like this just for my enjoyment.

I forgot the magazine & actual #, but last year there were around 250 babies named "Unique", then of course a ton of "Classy", "Cristal", "Moet" etc.

Man, I wish I could have gotten in on this yesterday instead. Of course getting loaded in a luxury suite at the Cards game was fun too.....

I would like to add that my cousin Jim has promised us $2500 if we name our next son Jim. He says nobody names their kid Jim these days and they are all ####ed up names. :thumbup:

Edited by St. Louis Bob

Man, I wish I could have gotten in onthis yesterday instead. Of course getting loaded in a luxery suite at the Cards game was fun too.....

I would like to add that my cousin Jim has promised us $2500 if we name our next son Jim. He says nobody names their kid Jim these days and they are all ####ed up names. :thumbup:

You know what would happen if his wish were to come true...

Hi, this is my son, Jimm!

How do you spell your name?

Jim

That's an interesting way to spell it, our son's name is spelled Jimm.

Oh yeah, I forgot I had a kid 2 years ago named Maverick. I used to mess with him all the time by saying "Talk to me Goose".

That is my dog's name.

Just added......

Cody....

my brother's name, and my parents are very normal

how about:

Peyton

Not spelled correctly (Payton) and regardless, it's a ####ty, stupid name.

Edited by RKMoney

how about:

Peyton?

This is already on HIPPO's list and my nephew hates you. :angry:

Just added......

Cody....

Pretty sure thats not a new f###ed up name. Sounds normal to me.

how about:

Peyton?

Is it spelled 'Peyton'? If so, why?

how about:

Peyton?

Actually, no, it's spelled with an "a."

how about:

Peyton?

At least they didn't buther it and decided to spell it Peyton. Edited by RKMoney

how about:

Peyton?

At least they didn't buther it and decided to spell it Peyton.

Also, is Payton/Peyton stictly a southern name? This is classic!

Reviewer: Paypay's Mommy (South Carolina) - See all my reviews

I was very disappointed that out of all the names available to use my child's name (Payton)was not an option. The main reason for buying this item was to hear her name, without that the toy is really of no use or value.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000DZCR...827901?v=glance

Lady, you gave your child a name that shouldn't be, don't blame the toy, blame the parent.

Man, I wish I could have gotten in onthis yesterday instead.  Of course getting loaded in a luxury suite at the Cards game was fun too.....

I would like to add that my cousin Jim has promised us $2500 if we name our next son Jim.  He says nobody names their kid Jim these days and they are all ####ed up names.  :thumbup:

Jim

I would also like to add that I blame the stupid soap opera's for this plague on humanity.

Man, I wish I could have gotten in onthis yesterday instead. Of course getting loaded in a luxury suite at the Cards game was fun too.....

Jim

I would also like to add that I blame the stupid soap opera's for this plague on humanity.

;)

Guest mojorizin

Have a Peyton (girl) in family. Thought it was bad until they named her sister "McKinley"

Was hoping they'd just name all their kids after presidents. "Harding, get your ### in here!" "Polk, if I gotta tell you ONE MORE TIME!"

I know people with the following names (none of them are strippers) -

Unique

Precious

Destinye

Love

Jagger

When my wife was rotating through a hospital in Milwaukee some woman deliverd a bouncing baby girl and named her......

Acetaminophen. Not kidding. She said she had alway's liked that word.

Now, if it's a boy you call him Ace (I guess), but a girl? That is a name that would give anyone a headache.

Guest mojorizin

When my wife was rotating through a hospital in Milwaukee some woman deliverd a bouncing baby girl and named her......

Acetaminophen. Not kidding. She said she had alway's liked that word.

Now, if it's a boy you call him Ace (I guess), but a girl? That is a name that would give anyone a headache.

Aceta? Non-aspirin pain relief?

I worked with a girl named Kissimmee. Apparently her mom saw it on a map and decided, "That's what I'm gonna name my baby." To make it worse, the poor girl's maiden name was Cherry. Of course she goes by Kay.

My buddy named his daughter Ilyssa. His mother-in-law, Irene, died recently, so they wanted to honor her by giving their daughter a name beginning with I. Of course, they just sentenced their poor daughter to a life of correcting the spelling of her name.

Acetaminophen.  Not kidding.  She said she had alway's liked that word.

Now, if it's a boy you call him Ace (I guess), but a girl?  That is a name that would give anyone a headache.

Aceta? Non-aspirin pain relief?

Maybe Minny?

Guest mojorizin

These threads always remind me of the black chick at the relish tray during office Christmas Party. When someone asked who brought the "Crudite"....

"Crudite!? Thassa purty name!"

Her daughter Crudite should be around 7 years old by now. :lmao:

These threads always remind me of the black chick at the relish tray during office Christmas Party. When someone asked who brought the "Crudite"....

Rotunda

This was a popular name for children right after JFK died and they showed his funeral on TV.

Sadly, I wish I was kidding about this.

Guest mojorizin

These threads always remind me of the black chick at the relish tray during office Christmas Party.  When someone asked who brought the "Crudite"....

Her daughter Crudite should be around 7 years old by now.  :lmao:

Rotunda

This was a popular name for children right after JFK died and they showed his funeral on TV.

"Please, call me Mary." :no:

Maximus...

No kidding. I witnessed two very proud and culturally gifted parents chasing their child around a McDonald's play pen recently. The child's name was Maximus.

Not Max. Not Maximilian. Not a family name either, as I asked. I had to despite the wife's request to let it go.

I guess Indiana Jones, Han Solo, Obi Wan and Luke are probably over done so I can see how the happy couple came to this decision.

Guest mojorizin

Maximus...

No kidding. I witnessed two very proud and culturally gifted parents chasing their child around a McDonald's play pen recently. The child's name was Maximus.

Not Max. Not Maximilian. Not a family name either, as I asked. I had to despite the wife's request to let it go.

I guess Indiana Jones, Han Solo, Obi Wan and Luke are probably over done so I can see how the happy couple came to this decision.

I would still have no qualms about naming my kid SHAZAM, however.

Maximus...

:confused:

These threads always remind me of the black chick at the relish tray during office Christmas Party.  When someone asked who brought the "Crudite"....

Rotunda

Oh, bullsh##.

Moxie Crimefighter!

Rotunda

Oh, bullsh##.

I wish I was.

Rotunda

Oh, bullsh##.

I wish I was.

Go look it up. Rotunda was not among the top 1000 most popular baby girls or boys names at any point in the last 55 years.

Rotunda

Oh, bullsh##.

I wish I was.

Go look it up. Rotunda was not among the top 1000 most popular baby girls or boys names at any point in the last 55 years.

It was pretty popular in the Dallas area, promise.

Again, I have no reason to make it up.

Rotunda

Oh, bullsh##.

I wish I was.

I can vouch for this. I live in Dallas and I have, like, 30 friends named Rotunda.

Except to pass on an urban legend. The most popular name in 1964 was Lisa, with more than 50,000 across the country. The number 1000 name had just 100, again, across the country. So unless Dallas become the epicenter of the name rotunda, it just wasn't that popular. I know the city feels guilty about the assassination and all, but guilty enough that 100 parents gave their daughters a ridiculous name? I doubt it.

Rotunda

Oh, bullsh##.

I wish I was.

I can vouch for this. I live in Dallas and I have, like, 30 friends named Rotunda.

Rotunda

Oh, bullsh##.

I wish I was.

Maybe that's what the R in RKade stands for?

Except to pass on an urban legend. The most popular name in 1964 was Lisa, with more than 50,000 across the country. The number 1000 name had just 100, again, across the country. So unless Dallas become the epicenter of the name rotunda, it just wasn't that popular. I know the city feels guilty about the assassination and all, but guilty enough that 100 parents gave their daughters a ridiculous name? I doubt it.

no urban legend, I was born in dallas (not named Rotunda) and grew up in texas. Where did I ever say it was the most popular name? I said it was popular. Last time I looked popular doesn't mean MOST popular.

Lets just say that while the JFK funeral was on TV, the name 'rotunda' was said over and over and over and there were enough people who named their children rotunda that it brought awareness.

Or, you can think that I'm sly enough to pick out a word from the air and attach it to a moment in time and a made up story. Go for it.

Rotunda

Oh, bullsh##.

I wish I was.

Maybe that's what the R in RKade stands for?

:excited:

tell you what, if you go do a google you will see where people have named their child Rotunda. I am almost willing to bet that nobody did this before JFK's televised funeral.

no urban legend, I was born in dallas (not named Rotunda) and grew up in texas. Where did I ever say it was the most popular name? I said it was popular. Last time I looked popular doesn't mean MOST popular.

Lets just say that while the JFK funeral was on TV, the name 'rotunda' was said over and over and over and there were enough people who named their children rotunda that it brought awareness.

Or, you can think that I'm sly enough to pick out a word from the air and attach it to a moment in time and a made up story. Go for it.

By that logic, Blaise, DaQuan, and Montserrat were also "popular" names this year, despite the fact that about .01 percent of parents gave their kids that name. And I don't think you're sly. I think you just heard a story at some point in your life, and rather than admit that it was likely made up, are digging in your heels despite the evidence to the contrary.

By that logic, Blaise, DaQuan, and Montserrat were also "popular" names this year, despite the fact that about .01 percent of parents gave their kids that name. And I don't think you're sly. I think you just heard a story at some point in your life, and rather than admit that it was likely made up, are digging in your heels despite the evidence to the contrary.

Again, the name was given to enough kids during that period that it brought attention to it. I didn't make it up but thanks for thinking that I did. The names you mentioned I have never heard of but I have heard and know more than one Rotunda.

:lmao: thought at thinking I just made it up or heard about it. :thumbup:

Guest mojorizin

She named me Dale Darryl Waltrip Richard Petty Rusty Awesome Bill Irvin Gordon Earnhart Smith....Johnson....Junior :whistle:

I heard "Kayden" at the zoo the other day. 

wtf?  It was a guys name btw

I think the name you heard was Hayden.....that's one of the "now" names for boys. :X

that's our daughters name

Kayden or Hayden? :unsure:

I think Hayden as a first name came from the name after the mothers maiden name trend. Likewise Ryan, Brien, etc. A woman I know whose maiden name is Kirby actually called her daughter Kirby-Lynn. :X Took some time to get used to that one.

I also know of a woman with twins that named them after both grandfathers, William and Peter. She named the twins William Peter and Peter William. :loco:

Hayden.

wife was a big Alli McBeal fan and liked the name of the little girl that was on the show the last couple years (she's been in several movies lately also)...hayden panettiere...

I heard "Kayden" at the zoo the other day.

wtf? It was a guys name btw

I think the name you heard was Hayden.....that's one of the "now" names for boys. :X

that's our daughters name

Kayden or Hayden? :unsure:

I think Hayden as a first name came from the name after the mothers maiden name trend. Likewise Ryan, Brien, etc. A woman I know whose maiden name is Kirby actually called her daughter Kirby-Lynn. :X Took some time to get used to that one.

I also know of a woman with twins that named them after both grandfathers, William and Peter. She named the twins William Peter and Peter William. :loco:

Hayden.

wife was a big Alli McBeal fan and liked the name of the little girl that was on the show the last couple years (she's been in several movies lately also)...hayden panettiere...

Wasn't that the character's name of the coach on the show, Coach?