What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (2 Viewers)

boofatty

Footballguy
I just caught one of last nights episodes (I'm on vacation this week) and can't stop laughing. I've been watching the show for a while, it gets better every time I see it.

I love all forms of comedy, but I must say that this show is the best comedy to come out in a long time. I think this is up there with Chapelle show, Seinfeld, et al and they're still getting started.

Some of the critic reviews compare it to seinfeld, which you'll clearly see the similarities. Last night's episode where the rich kids start using crack to get welfare benefits just to spite their father was too much. I'm still laughing!

The two lazy screw ups go to the welfare to work program to hire "slaves" to do their chores. :thumbup:

To top it off, danny devito plays the insane, wealthy father of the two crack heads and he's great.

The post may be a honda; don't care. Just wanted to spread the word for a quality show, since there aren't too many out there these days.

You should DEFINITELY check this out at least once if you like to laugh.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the episode when they thought the two guys had gotten molested by the HS bball coach.

It was entertaining in a way, but not bust a gut Chappelle funny.

I watched the episode when they thought the two guys had gotten molested by the HS bball coach.

Keep watching. Every show may not be a home run, but I think they have all been quality entertainment so far.How would you compare it to other comedies on TV right now?

Keep watching. Every show may not be a home run, but I think they have all been quality entertainment so far.How would you compare it to other comedies on TV right now?
I'm not a big TV watcher.My usual rotation of non cartoon shows consists of Law & Order, House MD and Monk.

I'm not a big TV watcher.My usual rotation of non cartoon shows consists of Law & Order, House MD and Monk.
I see. Don't take this the wrong way, but your list of shows explains your lack of enthusiasm for IASIP.So, which of the thirty to forty law & orders do you watch? ;)

Watched the "So and so bangs so and so's mom" episode last night. Certainly funny. Think I'll try to start catching it.

i was lacking a description for this show but this sums it up nicely. funny show, but nothing i'd base my schedule around. good, but not that good.i did go to college with one of the main stars though - charles day.

There's another thread somewhere where I said I was disappointed because the bleeps ruin the funny. Apparently on FX they let them say the S word and boy does it make a difference that they're not censored.

Two QUALITY episodes were on last night. Glad I gave it a second chance.

If you need a tie in, one of the main characters in IASIP was in an episode of L&O as a repentent teen murderer who rolls on his unrepentent buddy, and sends the buddy to prison for life. The big theme of the episode was priest-penitent privilege.IASIP is extremely funny.

There's another thread somewhere where I said I was disappointed because the bleeps ruin the funny. Apparently on FX they let them say the S word and boy does it make a difference that they're not censored.
that's really interesting. i never knew that was possible - any ideas/reasons why it is? i thought FX was like any other cable station, like TNT. TNT has ruined many movies for me by censoring.

Where else are you watching this other than FX?

Where else are you watching this other than FX?
In the runup to the new season, they showed a few episodes on Fox. The bleeping totally killed it, though. They'd have been better served not to run it at all.The show is wicked funny. And Dee is a hottie. :pickle: I haven't watched last night's episodes yet, but DeVito added nicely to the first two. Solid addition. :thumbup:

Anybody have a clue why they're showing two episodes per week?

I hope adding a star like Devito won't ruin it but so far that doesn't seem to be the case.

We'll take 1 please.

1 what?

1...rock...1 crack rock. Is one crack rock enough? What would you suggest for first-time users?

That's interesting.I've always felt bleeps in comedies made it funnier.

The first episode last night was comedy gold. I was almost literally rolling on the floor laughing. The second one was a step down from the first, but it was still good.

:goodposting: Arrested Development

I see. Don't take this the wrong way, but your list of shows explains your lack of enthusiasm for IASIP.
That's fine. If Chappelle's Show were still on, that would've made my list of shows. I think this show doesn't quite match up with the humor I like to see on TV.
So, which of the thirty to forty law & orders do you watch? ;)
I like the original best. Criminal Intent is okay, but I prefer Monk for the eccentric detective show. Part of it is the show doesn't take itself seriously the way CI does.I watch SVU a good bit of the time, but some of the storylines creep me out. If they are getting ideas mainly from actual headlines that's okay... but if some guy is making all this up it's pretty creepy.

For the record, I plan on trying to catch some reruns of this show to give it a fair shake. Plus I probably should since I grew up in the Philadelphia area.

They have a myspace page too.

I see. Don't take this the wrong way, but your list of shows explains your lack of enthusiasm for IASIP.
That's fine. If Chappelle's Show were still on, that would've made my list of shows. I think this show doesn't quite match up with the humor I like to see on TV.
I like the original best. Criminal Intent is okay, but I prefer Monk for the eccentric detective show. Part of it is the show doesn't take itself seriously the way CI does.I watch SVU a good bit of the time, but some of the storylines creep me out. If they are getting ideas mainly from actual headlines that's okay... but if some guy is making all this up it's pretty creepy.
Monk has sucked balls ever since his original assistant left the show. Lets get real here.

It's funny once or twice...when they're bleeping every third word in a scene, it quickly gets annoying.

I've read that the humor is "South Parkish". Is that an accurate description?
yeah, kinda. it's a sitcom that does tweak the sensibilities. episodes like "the gang goes jihadi", "gun fever" and "charlie becomes a cripple" are just that. it's very irreverant.

I've read that the humor is "South Parkish".  Is that an accurate description?
yeah, kinda. it's a sitcom that does tweak the sensibilities. episodes like "the gang goes jihadi", "gun fever" and "charlie becomes a cripple" are just that. it's very irreverant.
The ending of the jihadi episode was hilarious.Cop: Anyone know anything about this video?

The gang: (long pause) Oh ####.

The ending of the jihadi episode was hilarious.Cop: Anyone know anything about this video?

i loved the whole discussion about whether and when the term "jew" was offensive. that and the part during the videotaping ("you know what would really make this? a gun...").they really have excellent comic timing, even if the writing isn't always so strong.

did you ever see the epi "charlie gets cancer" where he feigns cancer to get a pity date with his dream girl, who gets paid by his friends to go out with him? classic.

I've read that the humor is "South Parkish".  Is that an accurate description?

i loved the whole discussion about whether and when the term "jew" was offensive. that and the part during the videotaping ("you know what would really make this? a gun...").they really have excellent comic timing, even if the writing isn't always so strong.

did you ever see the epi "charlie gets cancer" where he feigns cancer to get a pity date with his dream girl, who gets paid by his friends to go out with him? classic.
I don't know who the principles are (besides DeVito), but I wouldn't be surprised if they were all sketch comics. The structure is all sketch, which might explain why the five-minute set pieces are so good, but the overall storytelling can be a little choppy.The actress playing the sister does a fantastic job at selling her role.

Edit - Haven't seen the cancer episode. I think I've only seen four so far.

It's funny once or twice...when they're bleeping every third word in a scene, it quickly gets annoying.
That's why opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one.

:lmao: :lmao: Actually it was more like, "oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ####."

Go see "Charlie got molested"...I almost died watching that.

You have an ###hole? Then how come #### spews out of your mouth all the time?Watch the AD's with bleeping and it's either a few times an episode or the same word getting bleeped repeatedly. That's funny. Watching a scene with four people speaking rapidly and having 15 bleeps in the 2-minute conversation is not funny. That's not an opinion.

Monk has sucked balls ever since his original assistant left the show. Lets get real here.
I hated the original assistant. She reminded me of some trashy Madonna character.The new chick is way hotter. :thumbup:

I hated the original assistant. She reminded me of some trashy Madonna character.The new chick is way hotter. :thumbup:
Traylor Howard is quite nice, although she's not aging very well. Try and catch a rerun of Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place...she had a serious case of the cutes back then. :thumbup: :thumbup:

And how dumb was that broad for leaving Monk? Like there were big-time directors clamoring for the services of Jennifer Esposito's not-really-hot older sister?

You have an ###hole? Then how come #### spews out of your mouth all the time?Watch the AD's with bleeping and it's either a few times an episode or the same word getting bleeped repeatedly. That's funny. Watching a scene with four people speaking rapidly and having 15 bleeps in the 2-minute conversation is not funny. That's not an opinion.
:yes:

Traylor Howard is quite nice, although she's not aging very well. Try and catch a rerun of Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place...she had a serious case of the cutes back then. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thought only chicks saw that show,oh, and THAT'S NOT AN OPINION.Don't like AD but watch that 2GAGAAPP? :lmao:

She isn't hot ENOUGH IMO. Show has gone waaaay down hill since she left. Shame.

Thought only chicks saw that show,oh, and THAT'S NOT AN OPINION.Don't like AD but watch that 2GAGAAPP? :lmao:
Who said I didn't like AD? It is one of the best sitcoms ever and fox executives need to be severely beaten for cancelling it.

I just discovered this this show this season and it is

now one of my TiVo season passes.

I've been spending the last few months try to patchwork

together a set of show that might barely fill the giant void

left by Arrested Development's untimely demise. None of

the following are as funny as AD, but they add up to a pretty

good list of current comedies:

Scrubs

My Name is Earl

The Office

Always Sunny Philly

Entourage

Curb

Extras

Colbert Report

Daily Show

Reno 911

Thank god someone is still trying to write good comedy for

those of us who hate the current reality TV craze.

2 pennies worth.

I just discovered this this show this season and it is

now one of my TiVo season passes.

I've been spending the last few months try to patchwork

together a set of show that might barely fill the giant void

left by Arrested Development's untimely demise. None of

the following are as funny as AD, but they add up to a pretty

good list of current comedies:

Scrubs

My Name is Earl

The Office

Always Sunny Philly

Entourage

Curb

Extras

Colbert Report

Daily Show

Reno 911

Thank god someone is still trying to write good comedy for

those of us who hate the current reality TV craze.

2 pennies worth.
Add Psych to your list. That looks like it has some serious potential.

Users who are viewing this thread