What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (2 Viewers)

I think my favorite episode might be "The Gang Gives Frank an Intervention."

I don't know how many years on this Earth I've got left. I'm gonna get real weird with it.

I don't know how many years on this Earth I've got left. I'm gonna get real weird with it.
One opening scene I love is when the guys walk in and ask Dee "what's going on? " (while pointing towards the camera).Dee: (nonchalant) "Just frank trying to kill himself"

They pan over and he's hanging there by his neck feet dangling.

The gang proceeds to make jokes about his neck, how he could never die that way, etc etc

Don't know how I missed this series for so long, but I saw an ep. at the beginning of the summer and have been hooked ever since. I've been trying to catch up via Netflix, but I'm only through season 3 so far. Looking forward to the start of the new season though - while it can be a bit uneven at times, the best episodes are hilarious and among the best things on tv right now. :thumbup:

I can't seem to get my friends into this show. I will randomly pull out some Sunny schtick and no one gets it. I feel deprived.

I can't seem to get my friends into this show. I will randomly pull out some Sunny schtick and no one gets it. I feel deprived.
Unfortunately, I think you may have to find new friends.
:shrug:
That happens to me all the time. I think I work with a bunch of stick in the mud 30 somethings, most don't watch the show and those that know of it only consider it "kinda funny".Oh well, it's their loss.

boofatty said:
sheerterror said:
the moops said:
Papa Georgio said:
:bye:
That happens to me all the time. I think I work with a bunch of stick in the mud 30 somethings, most don't watch the show and those that know of it only consider it "kinda funny".Oh well, it's their loss.
I sent them all the clip where Frank is eating the sauages out of his shirt pocket and all I got back was :crickets:The only one I heard back from was my buddy who has had 2 heart attacks wanting to know if Frank was supposed to be him. I mean if they can't find a guy eating sausages out of his shirt pocket pocket funny then maybe I am better off without them.

The show's out of control and not for everybody. You gotta know which friends to recommend it to and which one's to recommend Modern Family to.

One opening scene I love is when the guys walk in and ask Dee "what's going on? " (while pointing towards the camera).Dee: (nonchalant) "Just frank trying to kill himself"

They pan over and he's hanging there by his neck feet dangling.

The gang proceeds to make jokes about his neck, how he could never die that way, etc etc
:unsure: :lmao: :violin:

The show's out of control and not for everybody. You gotta know which friends to recommend it to and which one's to recommend Modern Family to.
Agreed. But if you have zero friends that appreciate it, I tend to think there may be something wrong.

Trust me this is their type of show, they have just never taken the time to watch it. I think they are too busy watching, "To catch a Predator."

boofatty said:
sheerterror said:
the moops said:
Papa Georgio said:
:fishing:
I sent them all the clip where Frank is eating the sauages out of his shirt pocket and all I got back was :crickets:The only one I heard back from was my buddy who has had 2 heart attacks wanting to know if Frank was supposed to be him. I mean if they can't find a guy eating sausages out of his shirt pocket pocket funny then maybe I am better off without them.
Wow, just the suggestion of that clip has me laughing. Who has ever seen or thought of a short, fat bald man eating sausages out of his shirt and not laughed?? Can't wait for the new season.I've given up with my friends/wife/coworkers. I'll let them have "insert BS laughtrack sitcom or TV drama HERE" while I enjoy the originality and hilarity of Sunny.

Was hoooked after first episode (pre DeVito) and surprisingly took me a good few seasons to turn some of my friends around to watching it. They all love that show now.

Mac and Dee just had their first child in real life, wonder if she'll "show" during any episodes.

Mac and Dee just had their first child in real life, wonder if she'll "show" during any episodes.
:popcorn: another couple I didn't know were together for reals.
I'm your daily E! news source. I really don't know how I know these things. I really don't keep up on it.
I read that they were at a Phillies game when she went into labor.
Yeah read it in SI. They were in LA. they had the si quote of the week "As soon as Ryan Howard hit a three-run home run, we felt comfortable leaving to go have our baby"

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I read somewhere that they were going to work her pregnancy into a plot line this season. Will have to check on that though to confirm.

I thought I read somewhere that they were going to work her pregnancy into a plot line this season. Will have to check on that though to confirm.
Here it is from the TV Guide website:It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: How Will The Gang Handle a Pregnancy?Jul 26, 2010 09:43 PM ETby Kate Stanhope5 Comments It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Paddy's Pub isn't the best place to turn for child care: The guys of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia once purposefully started serving underage kids to get more business, and adopted a Dumpster baby to exploit as a TV star. But now that star Kaitlin Olson is pregnant in real life, get ready to see Sweet Dee with child this season."Ultimately we realized we were never going to be able to hide it, realistically," co-creator, executive producer, star and baby daddy Rob McElhenney tells TVGuide.com. "So we knew we had to embrace it and put it into the show."Rob McElhenney and Kaitlin Olson expecting first childAlthough the writers could have felt limited by the development, co-creator, executive producer and star Glenn Howerton says the pregnancy provided new opportunities for Season 6, premiering Thursday, Sept. 16 at 10/9c on FX."Why not put our own spin on that, the way we put our own spin on a lot of other things," he says. "It has been done so many times, it became very challenging for us to try and figure out something that hadn't been done a million times."Olson, who's been married to McElhenney since 2008, says she was happy not to have to wear giant shirts and carry around boxes — TV's standard tricks for hiding an actress' pregnancy."Being able to write it into the show and document it has been really awesome," Olson said. "It just happened to work out perfectly where I was shooting during my second trimester and I felt really good."The cast and crew say the pregnancy will not be addressed in every episode, but promise a whodunit episode, in which the guys try to figure out who the father is, as well as a Dee-gives-birth episode this season. Just don't tell us that Mac, Dennis, Charlie and Frank will actually become — gasp — softies at the sight of Sweet Dee's growing belly."I wouldn't say that any of them are that compassionate," Olson says. "They do come around ... you get to see how they all kind of respond to it."The series will explore domesticity in various ways this season, as Dennis will get hitched to his high school sweetheart. Both Dennis' surprise nuptials and Sweet Dee's pregnancy are recurring storylines throughout the season, which will also welcome guest stars such as Dave Foley, Jason Sudeikis, and Tom Sizemore."It was an interesting challenge for us to do something a little different, which is to have a storyline that continues through more than one episode," Howerton says.The cast was tight-lipped on how Season 7 (the series' last on its current contract with FX) will address Sweet Dee's new addition."The resolution of the pregnancy, where we landed, is something no show has ever done, McElhenney says.

I just caught one of last nights episodes (I'm on vacation this week) and can't stop laughing. I've been watching the show for a while, it gets better every time I see it.I love all forms of comedy, but I must say that this show is the best comedy to come out in a long time. I think this is up there with Chapelle show, Seinfeld, et al and they're still getting started.Some of the critic reviews compare it to seinfeld, which you'll clearly see the similarities. Last night's episode where the rich kids start using crack to get welfare benefits just to spite their father was too much. I'm still laughing!The two lazy screw ups go to the welfare to work program to hire "slaves" to do their chores. :lmao: To top it off, danny devito plays the insane, wealthy father of the two crack heads and he's great.The post may be a honda; don't care. Just wanted to spread the word for a quality show, since there aren't too many out there these days.You should DEFINITELY check this out at least once if you like to laugh.Anyone agree or disagree?
this episode clinched it for me.... at the end when Charlie goes "that's why i did it!" --- haha you gotta be kidding me, that was hilarious.i was watching it today on the DVDs. classic.

Had a few conversations about the show with people in the lunchroom....one girl and her husband decided to watch the show on my recommendation that night. The episode was "The Gang Wrestles for the Troops" - they were so extremely offended at the "disrespect" against US soldiers that they turned the show off halfway through and refuse to ever watch it again. :( to each their own, I guess....

Had a few conversations about the show with people in the lunchroom....one girl and her husband decided to watch the show on my recommendation that night. The episode was "The Gang Wrestles for the Troops" - they were so extremely offended at the "disrespect" against US soldiers that they turned the show off halfway through and refuse to ever watch it again. :coffee: to each their own, I guess....
Your next recommendation should be some sort of service that removes the stick from one's rectum.

Had a few conversations about the show with people in the lunchroom....one girl and her husband decided to watch the show on my recommendation that night. The episode was "The Gang Wrestles for the Troops" - they were so extremely offended at the "disrespect" against US soldiers that they turned the show off halfway through and refuse to ever watch it again. :coffee: to each their own, I guess....
Not fans of jean shorts I take it?

Steve Tasker said:
Had a few conversations about the show with people in the lunchroom....one girl and her husband decided to watch the show on my recommendation that night. The episode was "The Gang Wrestles for the Troops" - they were so extremely offended at the "disrespect" against US soldiers that they turned the show off halfway through and refuse to ever watch it again. :unsure: to each their own, I guess....
Frank as The Trashman :lmao:

Steve Tasker said:
Had a few conversations about the show with people in the lunchroom....one girl and her husband decided to watch the show on my recommendation that night. The episode was "The Gang Wrestles for the Troops" - they were so extremely offended at the "disrespect" against US soldiers that they turned the show off halfway through and refuse to ever watch it again. :shrug: to each their own, I guess....
Frank as The Trashman :pics:
Assuming Cricket isn't dead, but it's kind of an open question....

:shrug: at the blurb for tonight's season premiere episode

"Mac Fights Gay Marriage" Mac pulls out the big guns to protect the sanctity of marriage, while the rest of the gang reap the rewards of marital bliss.

I was laughing my ### off at every scene with Frank and Charlie. Chuckling a bit at the Mac and Tranny scenes. Nary a smile at the Dennis scenes.

Good to have Sunny back. :thumbup:

Yeah, when I saw that it was going to be about gay marriage I got really excited. They definitely could have pushed the envelope further.

One thing about the show is that each episode is always it's own story, there are really no storylines or arcs. Much like Seinfeld in that way. This episode felt like it was done simply to set the stage for future episodes... the Dee (Kaitlin Olson) pregnancy, Dennis being married, etc. Reminds me of when Seinfeld did the whole Jerry/George doing the pilot storyline, it was the only time in the series that they wrote a multi-episode arc. It felt....I don't know, off.

Tend to agree that it was a let down as was The League.

One thing I did notice about Sunny which kind of bothered me because it is normally more edgy and independent show is the massive produce palcement for Coors Light and Subway in the episode. I really felt they came on a little strong. I know this is the way of the future with televeision since people are skipping over commercials due to DVR and TiVo but it is a little annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread