What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (3 Viewers)

Nothing that groundbreaking. Most of the jokes and devices were the same as usual, but it was still funny. Frank and Charlie talking to Carmen at the gym was awesome. Frank thinking they were going to cut his #### off and send it to China. :shrug:

Also liked Mac's frustration not being able say what he wanted to say about gay marriage. "Where is our bible?"

That tranny has one sick body. She's really held it together for a long time too.

Tend to agree that it was a let down as was The League.One thing I did notice about Sunny which kind of bothered me because it is normally more edgy and independent show is the massive produce palcement for Coors Light and Subway in the episode. I really felt they came on a little strong. I know this is the way of the future with televeision since people are skipping over commercials due to DVR and TiVo but it is a little annoying.
I agree 100%. The placement bothered me. I hope it doesn't mean they tone it down due to big corporate sponsors.

Was the trannie's husband in a earlier episode? The one where they try out for the Eagles? I feel like I've seen that guy somewhere before.

Nothing that groundbreaking. Most of the jokes and devices were the same as usual, but it was still funny. Frank and Charlie talking to Carmen at the gym was awesome. Frank thinking they were going to cut his #### off and send it to China. :)

Also liked Mac's frustration not being able say what he wanted to say about gay marriage. "Where is our bible?"

That tranny has one sick body. She's really held it together for a long time too.
Brittany Daniel..She's a hollywood actress in her early 30s, been in a ton of shows...is this surprising that she's "really held it together"?Best line in the whole show--"WHERE IS OUR GD BIBLE?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing that groundbreaking. Most of the jokes and devices were the same as usual, but it was still funny. Frank and Charlie talking to Carmen at the gym was awesome. Frank thinking they were going to cut his #### off and send it to China. :tinfoilhat:

Brittany Daniel..She's a hollywood actress in her early 30s, been in a ton of shows...is this surprising that she's "really held it together"?Best line in the whole show--"WHERE IS OUR GD BIBLE?"
i guess it feels like she is older because she's been on tv for so long, but i do think that it is impressive to be in that good of shape for that long.

Tend to agree that it was a let down as was The League.One thing I did notice about Sunny which kind of bothered me because it is normally more edgy and independent show is the massive produce palcement for Coors Light and Subway in the episode. I really felt they came on a little strong. I know this is the way of the future with televeision since people are skipping over commercials due to DVR and TiVo but it is a little annoying.
Yep. I didn't laugh much at this episode, either. Something about it felt really over produced compared to past seasons.

When Charlie and Frank were cracking each others backs, I was cracking up b/c all I could think of were the 3 stooges. In reality, I know it wasn't that funny.......but :lmao:

Nothing that groundbreaking. Most of the jokes and devices were the same as usual, but it was still funny. Frank and Charlie talking to Carmen at the gym was awesome. Frank thinking they were going to cut his #### off and send it to China. :thumbup:Also liked Mac's frustration not being able say what he wanted to say about gay marriage. "Where is our bible?"That tranny has one sick body. She's really held it together for a long time too.
Brittany Daniel also was in from Joe Dirt (which I thought she looked awesome in.........especially those cut-offs.)

sick product placement last night... this is where DVR is taking us.

I mean, beyond normal product placement... it was UBER product placement.

I think I would've been less offended by a coors light and subway banner around the show.

Nothing that groundbreaking. Most of the jokes and devices were the same as usual, but it was still funny. Frank and Charlie talking to Carmen at the gym was awesome. Frank thinking they were going to cut his #### off and send it to China. :goodposting:Also liked Mac's frustration not being able say what he wanted to say about gay marriage. "Where is our bible?"That tranny has one sick body. She's really held it together for a long time too.
Brittany Daniel also was in from Joe Dirt (which I thought she looked awesome in.........especially those cut-offs.)
OMG her in "Basketball Diaries" or whatever that old DiCaprio movie was.

sick product placement last night... this is where DVR is taking us.I mean, beyond normal product placement... it was UBER product placement.I think I would've been less offended by a coors light and subway banner around the show.
I barely noticed it. I think I'm already learning to just tune it out. Which thrills me, because this is going to be the norm VERY soon.

I love this show and thought last night's episode was forced. It was as if they were trying to hard to be funny and missed the mark. The lack of perceived effort to be funny is what makes this show IMO.

One thing about the show is that each episode is always it's own story, there are really no storylines or arcs. Much like Seinfeld in that way. This episode felt like it was done simply to set the stage for future episodes... the Dee (Kaitlin Olson) pregnancy, Dennis being married, etc. Reminds me of when Seinfeld did the whole Jerry/George doing the pilot storyline, it was the only time in the series that they wrote a multi-episode arc. It felt....I don't know, off.
I must have missed this...are you referring to her gagging with Bill Ponderosa???Agree with the other posters...LOVE this show but found this episode to be very disappointing, especially for a season premier. I laughed only twice...opening with seen with Mac and the Bible and Charlie/Frank with the Tranny at the end.

One thing about the show is that each episode is always it's own story, there are really no storylines or arcs. Much like Seinfeld in that way. This episode felt like it was done simply to set the stage for future episodes... the Dee (Kaitlin Olson) pregnancy, Dennis being married, etc. Reminds me of when Seinfeld did the whole Jerry/George doing the pilot storyline, it was the only time in the series that they wrote a multi-episode arc. It felt....I don't know, off.
I must have missed this...are you referring to her gagging with Bill Ponderosa???Agree with the other posters...LOVE this show but found this episode to be very disappointing, especially for a season premier. I laughed only twice...opening with seen with Mac and the Bible and Charlie/Frank with the Tranny at the end.
no, shes preggers in real life. so they are working it into the script

I felt like this episode was kind of forced and not all that funny. But I've pretty much felt that way about every episode since season 3 the first time I saw them. Then I'll watch it on DVD like 8 months later and be laughing my ### off. I think it's the kind of show that's best when you watch like three or four episodes all in a row.

I felt like this episode was kind of forced and not all that funny. But I've pretty much felt that way about every episode since season 3 the first time I saw them. Then I'll watch it on DVD like 8 months later and be laughing my ### off. I think it's the kind of show that's best when you watch like three or four episodes all in a row.
There's definitely a cumulative effect with this show. That's why I loved that Comedy Central ran them in a two-hour block.I'd sit down to watch one episode and invariably end up watching all four.

sick product placement last night... this is where DVR is taking us.I mean, beyond normal product placement... it was UBER product placement.I think I would've been less offended by a coors light and subway banner around the show.
I barely noticed it. I think I'm already learning to just tune it out. Which thrills me, because this is going to be the norm VERY soon.
Really? "barely"? They were shoving Coors light and subway so far down your throat you should be puking up the taste of the rockies and jared's semen.I wish I could tune it out, but I ALWAYS notice it. I thought Transformers had some of the sickest product placement i'd ever seen, and it didn't TOUCH Sunny last night.

Aside from that one episode where half the plot revolved around Dave & Buster's cards, I haven't noticed the product placement at all. Which probably means it's working on me. :goodposting:

LOL at being offended by product placement.
No, it's not just "product placement"it's over-the-top product placement where you can tell the cameras are really forcing showing you each and every sip of coors light.Normal product placement is a single or maybe 2 shots of someone drinking a coors light or walking BY a subway.Insane product placement includes shots where there's little else going on in the camera angle than making sure you see the fact that Paddy's has coors light napkins, that all the bar owners are enjoying a coors light, and when they set the beer down it's always "label towards the camera" to shove it down your throat.

you've never been on a double date to subway before :goodposting:I do love the fact that Mac is gay but isn't ready to admit it yet

you've never been on a double date to subway before :)I do love the fact that Mac is gay but isn't ready to admit it yet
are you saying the Dennis and Dee met the Ponderosas in a Subway? i didn't even notice.

you've never been on a double date to subway before :thumbdown:I do love the fact that Mac is gay but isn't ready to admit it yet
are you saying the Dennis and Dee met the Ponderosas in a Subway? i didn't even notice.
:goodposting: me neither

you've never been on a double date to subway before :thumbdown:I do love the fact that Mac is gay but isn't ready to admit it yet
:goodposting: me neither
That Ponderosa boy looked like he'd had a few hundred too many trips to the buffet

No, it's not just "product placement"it's over-the-top product placement where you can tell the cameras are really forcing showing you each and every sip of coors light.Normal product placement is a single or maybe 2 shots of someone drinking a coors light or walking BY a subway.Insane product placement includes shots where there's little else going on in the camera angle than making sure you see the fact that Paddy's has coors light napkins, that all the bar owners are enjoying a coors light, and when they set the beer down it's always "label towards the camera" to shove it down your throat.
perhaps you should stop watching or stick with HBO/SHO

I was watching that show about the roman empire or whatever the other day and 1 guy was drinking a Coke.

I was watching that show about the roman empire or whatever the other day and 1 guy was drinking a Coke.
:goodposting: :lmao: :lmao:

was preggers, had the baby.And I didn't notice any of th eproduct placement, did notice them in a subway but didn't think twice about it :thumbup:

Walton Goggins said:
Dr. No said:
Tried entourage the other day. Terrible.I quit DVRing Sunny after this episode.If you didn't notice the excessive product placement:1) congrats that doesn't annoy the piss out of you2) sorry for bringing it up because now you WILL notice it.3) I'm aware i have some type of problem where little things like this really bother me

I'm hoping the product placement is just this 1 episode. But to stop watching the best comedy on tv. Dumb

I didn't mind this episode as much as the mortgage crisis one with Dave & Buster's. Once the advertising starts taking over the dialogue, then you're starting to kill the comedy.

The Subway placement was extremely noticable, Coors wasn't nearly as bad.

As an earlier posted pointed out, the fact that this episode was open ended doesn't sit that well with me either.

Its the best comedy on TV, but this could be the year it jumps the shark.

was preggers, had the baby.
you do realize that these shows aren't live, right? she had to have been pregnant during the filming earlier this year.

Really? "barely"? They were shoving Coors light and subway so far down your throat you should be puking up the taste of the rockies and jared's semen.I wish I could tune it out, but I ALWAYS notice it. I thought Transformers had some of the sickest product placement i'd ever seen, and it didn't TOUCH Sunny last night.
True, but I guess I really have already learned to ignore it. The napkin holders with "Coors Light" on them were pretty obvious, but as far as them drinking Coors Light, meh. I actually prefer that to watching characters drink "Beer" brand beer. And the scenes in the Subway were fine too. At least they didn't have Dennis saying : "Hey, what say we rip into a Turkey, bacon, swiss and reminisce?" They're walking the line, but for now, it's not too pervasive for me to ignore.

I didn't mind this episode as much as the mortgage crisis one with Dave & Buster's. Once the advertising starts taking over the dialogue, then you're starting to kill the comedy.
It couldn't have been that memorable, because those were two different episodes. The Dave & Buster's one is the one where they try to start a self-sustaining economy by giving out Paddy's Bucks to the poor people living outside the bar.

Please See Mine said:
was preggers, had the baby.
you do realize that these shows aren't live, right? she had to have been pregnant during the filming earlier this year.
no way really? :wall: Of course she was pregnant during filming was just letting peeps know she no longer preggers in real life. :goodposting:

Jeebus, Dentist..........what show do you like, and not incessantly complain about?
I really enjoyed Three Sheets which was on the Mojo and then Travel/FLN network - yes there was product placement in that show, but it was a show about alcohol so it tied into the plot line in a very normal and not overbearing way.I enjoy the League.I enjoy the Red Zone NFL Channel thanks to no commercials.I would speak nothing but praise for all of the above.Oh, and I like Saved by the Bell re-runs on TBS in the mornings while i'm getting ready... no product or music placement there. everything was generic, which was awesome.

Next week looks more promising.. they need to get out of the "storylines" and back to simply putting together 30 mins of funny.

Surprised by the reactions to last night.

I liked it, thought it was funnier than last weeks episode and had less product placement. I was expecting rave reviews. :no:

Users who are viewing this thread