What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (3 Viewers)

Charlie sitting in the dark room, huffing paint, writing that song. And then Dennis coms in and sees what he looks like.

:shrug: ;) :cry:

Charlie is still my favorite overall, but Dennis has become such an arrogant ##### that he is starting to gain ground.

"Sweet Dee Dates a ######ed Person" was the funniest episode of any episode of the three season so far and the funniest 30 minutes of TV since Arrested Development was on.

Day Man!

wooo-oooo-ooo

Fighter of the Night Man!

wooo-oooo-ooo

:goodposting: :confused:

that was my favorite episode ever!!

Day: We suspect him to be possibly, mildly mentally ######ed. But she says he's just from the streets, so he talks funny. He's a very successful rapper, so we figure if he can do it —Howerton: [Lowers voice] If a ######ed guy can have a successful music career—Day: And as usual, the joke's on us that we can't do it at all. We are the ones who are ######ed. You know, I don't mean to make light of that, but um—Howerton: [Laughs] But I do.Day: But I do. [sighs] It also makes me sad. But we start a band. It starts out me and Mac and Frank, and we won't let Dennis be in the band even though he's the best singer, because he's too into the '70s glam rock thing. So we start a more punk rock style band called Chemical Toilet, and I write a song called "Night Man," which I say is about the spirit of the Night Man, who comes into my room at night and fills me up, and that when he comes inside me, I become the Night Man. Mac seems to think that those lyrics mean something else, so he kicks me out of the band, and Dennis talks me into the glam rock. We get ourselves a cheap Casio and we perform "Day Man." Fighter of the Night man.Howerton: Champion of the Sun.Day: Master of karate and friendship.

:goodposting: "But it sounds like a song where a man breaks into your house and rapes you." :lol:
Anyone with lyrics to "Nightman" should really post them. I could use a laugh like that at work today.
every night you come into my roomand pin me down with your strong armsyou pin me down and i try to fight youyou come inside meits 2 men sharing the nightit might seem wrong but its just rightits just 2 men sharing each otherits just 2 men like loving brothersone on top and one on bottomone inside and one is outone is screaming, hes so happythe others screaming a passionate shoutits the night manfeeling so wrong, its right mani cant fight you manwhen you come inside meand pin me down with your cold handsi become the night manthe passionate, passionate, night man

Last edited by a moderator:
Nigel Tufnel said:
Print Is Dead said:
Every episode is money.
I saw 2 episodes tonight and I'm thoroughly impressed. I'll be buying the season 1 & 2 DVD soon.
:lmao:
So, why the #### is Danny DeVito on here? Have there been any Diarrhea Pearlman cameos?
I'm not sure what his role is or how they landed him. I assume he is involved in production and probably helped the show get made. Lovely Rhea hasn't made an appearance.

Nigel Tufnel said:
Print Is Dead said:
Every episode is money.
I saw 2 episodes tonight and I'm thoroughly impressed. I'll be buying the season 1 & 2 DVD soon.
:shrug:
So, why the #### is Danny DeVito on here? Have there been any Diarrhea Pearlman cameos?
I'm not sure what his role is or how they landed him. I assume he is involved in production and probably helped the show get made. Lovely Rhea hasn't made an appearance.
http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/10449447.html
Q. How did the producers of this famously low-budget show - I've read the pilot was shot on a home camcorder for under $200 - come to say, "Let's get Danny DeVito to star with our four unknowns!"

A. John Landgraf, who's now the head of FX, the big cheese over there, he recognized the show as being a one-of-a-kind unique show that a demographic of certain-age people would really relish. He and I had worked together. When It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia was just beginning, he said to me, "Danny, you and Rhea and the kids might really enjoy this." Long story short, we did love it, and less than a year later, he said they wanted to add a character and would I be interested? I said if they could come up with something that's not just tacked on. And they came up with Frank Reynolds.

Nigel Tufnel said:
Print Is Dead said:
Every episode is money.
:shock:
Q. How did the producers of this famously low-budget show - I've read the pilot was shot on a home camcorder for under $200 - come to say, "Let's get Danny DeVito to star with our four unknowns!"

A. John Landgraf, who's now the head of FX, the big cheese over there, he recognized the show as being a one-of-a-kind unique show that a demographic of certain-age people would really relish. He and I had worked together. When It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia was just beginning, he said to me, "Danny, you and Rhea and the kids might really enjoy this." Long story short, we did love it, and less than a year later, he said they wanted to add a character and would I be interested? I said if they could come up with something that's not just tacked on. And they came up with Frank Reynolds.
:shrug: Let me amend my statement: I haven't seen Rhea Perlman on the show. Has she ever been on?

Nigel Tufnel said:
Print Is Dead said:
Every episode is money.
:shock:

:shrug: Let me amend my statement: I haven't seen Rhea Perlman on the show. Has she ever been on?
Let me go look up another article . . . No, pretty sure she hasn't.

Nigel Tufnel said:
Print Is Dead said:
Every episode is money.
:link:

She appears in an internet short with them. Something about DeVito's contract clause. Very brief, mildly amusing.

;) "But it sounds like a song where a man breaks into your house and rapes you." :boxing:

Anyone with lyrics to "Nightman" should really post them. I could use a laugh like that at work today.
every night you come into my roomand pin me down with your strong armsyou pin me down and i try to fight youyou come inside meits 2 men sharing the nightit might seem wrong but its just rightits just 2 men sharing each otherits just 2 men like loving brothersone on top and one on bottomone inside and one is outone is screaming, hes so happythe others screaming a passionate shoutits the night manfeeling so wrong, its right mani cant fight you manwhen you come inside meand pin me down with your cold handsi become the night manthe passionate, passionate, night man
The worst part is the song is damn catchy and I am having a hard time singing it outloud in front of my students.

Just saw a clip of Charlie Day on youtube.

Apparently his real-life wife is the girl who works in the coffee shop that Charlie is in love with, but who hates him and loved Dennis at one point.

pretty good episodes last night. although the 2nd one was a repeat from season 2, it was still pretty funny.

this show just gets better week to week.

"I'm banging a tranny. It's complicated. She tapes it down."

My brother turned me onto this show last night. We had it Tivo'd. I'm "all-in" going forward! The crack scenes had me in hysterics.

Kudos to FX!!!

i laughed but last night's episode was one of the weaker ones.
I agree. Still funnier than most stuff on TV.
this is true. it was weird though. it was as though two or three different plots that were competing. the dennis/wendell thing could have been an entire epsiode unto itself. charlie courting frank could have been great, too, along with mac's dad returning. i don't know it was kind of all over the place.

this is true. it was weird though. it was as though two or three different plots that were competing. the dennis/wendell thing could have been an entire epsiode unto itself. charlie courting frank could have been great, too, along with mac's dad returning. i don't know it was kind of all over the place.
The whole Mac's dad thing bores me. That guy's comic tone just doesn't fit in with the rest of the show.

The whole Mac's dad thing bores me. That guy's comic tone just doesn't fit in with the rest of the show.
i can see what you mean. however, i tend to think he's just largely underwritten.

The only episode I've seen is the one where they think one of their friends is a serial killer.

Meh.

1980s production values + B-list actors + regurgitated "Three's Company" script = not a funny show.

The only episode I've seen is the one where they think one of their friends is a serial killer.Meh.1980s production values + B-list actors + regurgitated "Three's Company" script = not a funny show.
Just a thought. Maybe you should watch more than one episode before you deem it not a funny show. :goodposting:

Just saw a clip of Charlie Day on youtube.

Apparently his real-life wife is the girl who works in the coffee shop that Charlie is in love with, but who hates him and loved Dennis at one point.
One of the best episodes of all is the one where Frank makes Charlie the bar manager, and gives Dennis and Dee the "Charlie jobs" like cleaning out the restrooms. Dennis finds the coffee shop girl, starts to date her, and threatens to bang her if Charlie doesn't give him his old manager job back. Dennis is such a ##### in the episode - unbelievably funny.

Users who are viewing this thread