Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
boofatty

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

6 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

felt like that episode was shot different than most, but I'm no cinematography nerd so who knows.

I definitely felt like there was something different. I was thinking maybe it was acted a little differently. I think they were trying to deliver a message and not just trying to be funny, so maybe that came out in the acting? I found the episode funny, but necessarily an all time great and I think it's because it felt different. Maybe a rewatch will help. I think the best thing about Always Sunny is I can watch so many episodes over and over and over and laugh every time. I know what's coming (the lines and jokes), yet it still makes me laugh every time. That's pretty rare in most comedies.

I have Hero or Hate Crime in my top 5 of Always Sunny and it is making a dash for the best episode ever.  There was so much crammed into this one that just made it terrific.

Dennis' "Well, now I have more questions!" and "Go back to the first smell!!!" still puts me in stitches.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TheAristocrat said:

I have Hero or Hate Crime in my top 5 of Always Sunny and it is making a dash for the best episode ever.  There was so much crammed into this one that just made it terrific.

Dennis' "Well, now I have more questions!" and "Go back to the first smell!!!" still puts me in stitches.

watched it a few more times this week.  great episode

23 hours ago, TheAristocrat said:

That whole exchanged cracked me up

On 2/12/2017 at 9:12 AM, Chase Stuart said:

Hero or Hate Crime was hilarious.  Great episode from start to finish.

Agreed.  The Twist of why they actually went to the lawyer in the first place was great.  Not about a hate crime at all, who gets the ticket?

29 minutes ago, TheAristocrat said:

So... does Mac stay out of the closet on Wednesday?

sure.... and I am willing to bet they do not treat or address him any differently than they have :shrug:

Just now, Jaysus said:

sure.... and I am willing to bet they do not treat or address him any differently than they have :shrug:

Of course.  "It's not a gay or straight thing, it's a Mac thing."

Just thought it was an interesting way to end the show.  And where it could go since they are just crushing it this season.

I see I'm not alone on opinion of last episode. After I watched I told my friend to watch it and it was best of season and top 25 of all time. I didn't want to overstate or over hype it.

My favorite episode of all time is where they go on road trip and it's Charlie's first time leaving Philadelphia.

Edited by crewmember
adding on

On 2/9/2017 at 11:07 AM, skillz said:

I like how they did the build up for the unveiling of Mac's bike.  They have them all talking about the bike and then Dennis saying "Ok, I guess we're gonna have to go get Mac's bike" and then they cut to commercial.  All I could think about over the commercial was "man, this bike is gonna be messed up" and it didn't disappoint!

Wonder where they go with things now in future episodes now that Mac is out of the closet.  Lots of potential there...

haha, I don't if it was obvious to other people or I'm just screwed up in the head but I knew what it was going to be, just didn't know it was going to come from under the seat, thought it might be on top of it.

On 2/9/2017 at 11:08 AM, PlasmaDogPlasma said:

It's cable though. I don't think the FCC will fine them anything.

I never understood why tv shows on cable never had the F word, like would anyone stop watching south park if they had it, it's not a family show. Sometimes it's funnier with bleeps, but you get my point.

6 hours ago, crewmember said:

I never understood why tv shows on cable never had the F word, like would anyone stop watching south park if they had it, it's not a family show. Sometimes it's funnier with bleeps, but you get my point.

Advertising dollars. 

• Like 1

P.S. the musical is still my favorite episode of the season :shrug: 

Just catching up but the waterpark episode is :lmao:

"You said you weren't gonna pee!"  :lmao:

On 2/14/2017 at 2:26 PM, Max Power said:

Top 5?

I could agree with top 3.  This was 1-3 my favorite episode.

Hard for me.  Gas Crisis is obviously the best.  The four episode stretch of "Frank's Back in Business"/"Charlie Rules the World"/"The Gang Dines Out"/Reynolds vs. Reynolds: The Cereal Defense" is as good as it gets

• Like 1

On 2/15/2017 at 1:08 AM, crewmember said:

I see I'm not alone on opinion of last episode. After I watched I told my friend to watch it and it was best of season and top 25 of all time. I didn't want to overstate or over hype it.

My favorite episode of all time is where they go on road trip and it's Charlie's first time leaving Philadelphia.

When they tried burning the furniture in the trailer to cook hot dogs and when they opened the trailer, Charlie and Dennis were passed out from the fumes

3 hours ago, Jules Winnfield said:

When they tried burning the furniture in the trailer to cook hot dogs and when they opened the trailer, Charlie and Dennis were passed out from the fumes

That they bought from the gypsies. 

8 hours ago, PlasmaDogPlasma said:

That's actually probably the most impressive thing Dee has ever pulled off.

I freaking lost it.  While it wasn't the best episode, that might have been the best "holy ####" moment.  I wasn't expecting that at all.

• Like 1

That episode was kind of all over the place but had a lot of :lmao: moments.  This has been a really good season thus far.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jules Winnfield said:

my favorite part https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLhEs_KDpMM I forgot about the airplane episode where charlie is trying to drink 107 beers to break wade boggs record, amazing episode. I'm obviously a sucker for comedy revolving around trips for whatever reason.

Mac: I'm saying I did an ocular assessment of the situation garnered that he was not a security risk and I cleared him for passage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jules Winnfield said:

Mac: I'm saying I did an ocular assessment of the situation garnered that he was not a security risk and I cleared him for passage.

Also funny as hell when Dee throws that piss out the window and hits mac

My wife watched the first season, and part of the second, in it's original run. I had never seen until I binged it right before last season. She's watched the last couple episodes with me and trying to catch her up or fill her in on things is exhausting because of all the crazy and absurd things that have happened since she last watched. Trying to go through Rickety Cricket's arc when he popped up last night was just too much. I told her to either catch up on Netflix or stop asking questions! 

10 minutes ago, The Noid said:

My wife watched the first season, and part of the second, in it's original run. I had never seen until I binged it right before last season. She's watched the last couple episodes with me and trying to catch her up or fill her in on things is exhausting because of all the crazy and absurd things that have happened since she last watched. Trying to go through Rickety Cricket's arc when he popped up last night was just too much. I told her to either catch up on Netflix or stop asking questions! 

That's another great episode.  The one when Dee ruins crickets life as a priest

On 2/16/2017 at 8:33 AM, Tiger Fan said:

I freaking lost it.  While it wasn't the best episode, that might have been the best "holy ####" moment.  I wasn't expecting that at all.

My wife actually called it halfway through the show. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matttyl said:

My wife actually called it halfway through the show. 

I totally expected that girl to be his daughter, but it being a Dee plan instead of a screw-up caught me by surprise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PlasmaDogPlasma said:

I totally expected that girl to be his daughter, but it being a Dee plan instead of a screw-up caught me by surprise.

A few pages back people tried to list the characters from most normal to least.  If we were going to list them by head smarts, I'd have to think Dee would be at the top of the list. 

17 hours ago, belljr said:

Lmao at Mac's dreams

that look on Mac's face every time Dennis dances up on him and almost kisses him. 

:lmao:

also, the women at the house and in the audience shouting, "Just take your ##### out!" 

Cricket is "AIDS Dallas Buyer's Club McConaughey", not "Magic Mike McConaughey

• Like 2

I think cricket is by far the best reoccurring character.   If sunny shoots a day in the life of cricket like they did the frank episode, I think that could be comedic gold.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Max Power said:

I think cricket is by far the best reoccurring character.   If sunny shoots a day in the life of cricket like they did the frank episode, I think that could be comedic gold.

I'm pretty sure I read that they are doing exactly that this season. 

Also, I LOVE that they're keeping the "old black man" in the bed gag going from last season. That just keeps paying off. :lmao:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Evilgrin 72 said:

I'm pretty sure I read that they are doing exactly that this season. 

Yep, in two more episodes! 

• Like 1

Three best revenges over a minor slight

- guy insults Dennis, so he bangs his girlfriend 

- Dennis and Dee insult Frank, so he makes them dig up the body of their dead mom

- Dee's revenge on stripper guy

8 hours ago, Rove! said:

Three best revenges over a minor slight

- guy insults Dennis, so he bangs his girlfriend 

- Dennis and Dee insult Frank, so he makes them dig up the body of their dead mom

- Dee's revenge on stripper guy

I'd add the poisoning of the frat in the game of flip cup. 

• Like 3

On 2/9/2017 at 7:38 AM, need2know said:

Mac's exercise bike.  Lmao

I went back and re-watched the episode (I've been doing that for every one this season since they've been so good) and in the opening scene Charlie and Mac walk around the corner, Mac is limping, Charlie asks him why and Mac says he's got a new exercise bike and his glute is sore.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, boilerdave said:

I went back and re-watched the episode (I've been doing that for every one this season since they've been so good) and in the opening scene Charlie and Mac walk around the corner, Mac is limping, Charlie asks him why and Mac says he's got a new exercise bike and his glute is sore.

Yeah I remember that.  He was working it hard