What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (1 Viewer)

Bit of a clunker last night.  Had a couple OK moments.  Not sure if it was the episode itself or because of last week's was so good

Bit of a clunker last night.  Had a couple OK moments.  Not sure if it was the episode itself or because of last week's was so good
It stunk compared to rest of this season.

Can't all be great I guess but yeah it was not up to their usual level of greatness. Besides the musical of this season I have loved all the others 

I think this season has been fantastic.  I really like that here in the 12th season, they are really trying some new and interesting things.  (Making a murderer, musical, the arbitration).  Even if I didn't laugh that much at this past week's episode, I admired it quite a bit, exploring what happens when a person in the gang tries to act normal (Dennis) and the gang wonders what the hell is wrong with him, by merely acting normal.

Charlie dropped another F Bomb in the open while discussing Jerry the Worm.

Really enjoyed the latest episode. "Yuck puddle" :lmao:

Ok, now I am totally interested in watching the entire Cricket arc. An episode list of all his appearances must exist somewhere already, right?

Ok, now I am totally interested in watching the entire Cricket arc. An episode list of all his appearances must exist somewhere already, right?
I got your back GB :wub:

1. The Gang Exploits a Miracle (27 July 2006)  
  2. The Gang Gets Whacked: Part 2 (1 November 2007)  
  3. The Gang Dances Their Asses Off (15 November 2007)  
  4. Mac and Dennis: Manhunters (18 September 2008)  
  5. Who Pooped the Bed? (9 October 2008)  
  6. The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell (6 November 2008)  
  7. The Gang Wrestles for the Troops (29 October 2009)  
  8. Mac's Big Break (7 October 2010)  
  9. Dee Gives Birth (9 December 2010)  
  10. The Storm of the Century (20 October 2011)  
  11. The High School Reunion (8 December 2011)  
  12. Pop-Pop: The Final Solution (11 October 2012)  
  13. The Gang Squashes Their Beefs (6 November 2013)  
  14. Psycho Pete Returns (28 January 2015)  
  15. The Gang Goes on Family Fight (4 March 2015)  
  16. Dee Made a Smut Film (27 January 2016)  
  17. The Gang Tends Bar (22 February 2017)  

I got your back GB :wub:

1. The Gang Exploits a Miracle (27 July 2006)  
  2. The Gang Gets Whacked: Part 2 (1 November 2007)  
  3. The Gang Dances Their Asses Off (15 November 2007)  
  4. Mac and Dennis: Manhunters (18 September 2008)  
  5. Who Pooped the Bed? (9 October 2008)  
  6. The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell (6 November 2008)  
  7. The Gang Wrestles for the Troops (29 October 2009)  
  8. Mac's Big Break (7 October 2010)  
  9. Dee Gives Birth (9 December 2010)  
  10. The Storm of the Century (20 October 2011)  
  11. The High School Reunion (8 December 2011)  
  12. Pop-Pop: The Final Solution (11 October 2012)  
  13. The Gang Squashes Their Beefs (6 November 2013)  
  14. Psycho Pete Returns (28 January 2015)  
  15. The Gang Goes on Family Fight (4 March 2015)  
  16. Dee Made a Smut Film (27 January 2016)  
  17. The Gang Tends Bar (22 February 2017)  
Well done.

The Gang Wrestles For the Troops is one of my top 5 most underrated episodes.  So GD funny - Rowdy Roddy Piper kills in that episode.  Top notch Artemis and Cricket in that one (The Talibum.) Frank as the Trash Man - the Maniac and his bucket of chestnuts, the "Birds of War" entry song and ensuing on-mike bickering.  Plus, Frank handing the soldier the jorts and then standing there saluting him solemnly as "KIss From A Rose" plays in the background going into commercial.  There's so much goodness in that one.

"The Maniac loves you...."  - RIP Roddy.  No one else could have played the Maniac.

Cricket episode wasn't that great but his pop-in scenes to do PCP in the bathroom is one of my favorite shticks this season

Evilgrin 72 said:
Well done.

The Gang Wrestles For the Troops is one of my top 5 most underrated episodes.  So GD funny - Rowdy Roddy Piper kills in that episode.  Top notch Artemis and Cricket in that one (The Talibum.) Frank as the Trash Man - the Maniac and his bucket of chestnuts, the "Birds of War" entry song and ensuing on-mike bickering.  Plus, Frank handing the soldier the jorts and then standing there saluting him solemnly as "KIss From A Rose" plays in the background going into commercial.  There's so much goodness in that one.

"The Maniac loves you...."  - RIP Roddy.  No one else could have played the Maniac.
Maniac : "No! I don't give a rat's ### about your collection agency! And as for the fifteen dollar co-payment, eat s### and die!"

Charlie : "$15?  He's upset about $15?"

Dee : "What's up with Hulk Hogan's hair?  It's blonde, but it's silken, like that of a Chinese man..."

Dennis : "Yeah, that's Hulk Hogan's signature look... blonde, Chinese hair and the skin of a hot dog.  It's awesome."

While I love RRP and that ep, pretty much any professional wrestler would have worked in that role.

Also, my GF got me this shirt and I actually wear it some times

Pigeon boys for life
That's awesome.

And while I agree that any pro wrestler would have worked for the role, I feel like Piper really brought a level of nuance to it, as odd as that sounds.  I don't know that anyone else would have been nearly as good.

The gang dances their asses off was another I had forgotten about. Another masterpiece
I love when Mac and Dennis are having their dance off and Dennis almost breaks character when Mac starts face thrusting at his dong from weight high.   Mac's motorcycle dance is always great too and my go to when I have to bust a move... or Frank's ''the moves''. 

Crap, the season is almost over. :sadbanana:

Official PDP ranking so far:

1. Hero or Hate Crime
  2. PTSDee
  3. Wolf Cola
  4. The Gang Tends Bar
  5. Old Lady House
  6. Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer
  7.  A Cricket's Tale
  8. The Gang Goes to a Water Park
  9. The Gang Turns Black
Because it's very important to rank things.

Crap, the season is almost over. :sadbanana:

Official PDP ranking so far:

1. Hero or Hate Crime
  2. PTSDee
  3. Wolf Cola
  4. The Gang Tends Bar
  5. Old Lady House
  6. Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer
  7.  A Cricket's Tale
  8. The Gang Goes to a Water Park
  9. The Gang Turns Black
Because it's very important to rank things.
I would have water park higher.  Lady house lower

Bill Brasky said:
Cricket episode wasn't that great but his pop-in scenes to do PCP in the bathroom is one of my favorite shticks this season
"These are my friends. They have a nice setup for me to take a shower in"

"Hey guys, mind if I wash up in the leaky urinal again?"

I was expecting more out of the Cricket episode but maybe my expectations were too high.  

Interstinf that the actor who played Scut Farkus in Christmas Story is Cricket's brother.  

I was expecting more out of the Cricket episode but maybe my expectations were too high.  

Interstinf that the actor who played Scut Farkus in Christmas Story is Cricket's brother.  
Holy hell I knew I seen that guy somewhere before

I thought that their use of the northern Midwest accent was stereotypical and offensive tonight.

That said, the finale was weird and WTF and absolutely funny.  Solid and impressive season.  Always Sunny has been getting better and started out as a I-think-I-need-to-watch-this.

I'm pretty confident in putting Hero or Hate Crime as my favorite episode ever after coming into this season with 10 episodes I would have ranked as the best episodes ever.  It was just too good.

Cheers to talent. 

I thought that their use of the northern Midwest accent was stereotypical and offensive tonight.

That said, the finale was weird and WTF and absolutely funny.  Solid and impressive season.  Always Sunny has been getting better and started out as a I-think-I-need-to-watch-this.

I'm pretty confident in putting Hero or Hate Crime as my favorite episode ever after coming into this season with 10 episodes I would have ranked as the best episodes ever.  It was just too good.

Cheers to talent. 
Lol. Where you from?

Sepinwall saying this could be last episode for Dennis, as Glenn Howerton has signed on to do an NBC pilot with Patton Oswalt. But said they could take a long break between seasons to get around his schedule, and of course there's a good chance the show doesn't get picked up or last long. I expect it will all work out.

Sepinwall saying this could be last episode for Dennis, as Glenn Howerton has signed on to do an NBC pilot with Patton Oswalt. But said they could take a long break between seasons to get around his schedule, and of course there's a good chance the show doesn't get picked up or last long. I expect it will all work out.
I read that the show might not return until 2019. Kaitlin Olsen's FOX show "The Mick" has already been renewed for a full second season, so she has her hands full. I don't know what McElhenney has on the agenda, maybe helping out his wife. Charlie and Ice Cube's movie didn't exactly light up the box office, so unless there is a "Horrible Bosses 3" coming out, he is probably looking for something to do. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaitlin Olsen does The Mick and Charlie does TONS of movies so I dont see an issue.

I read that the show might not return until 2019. Kaitlin Olsen's FOX show "The Mick" has already been renewed for a full second season, so she has her hands full. I don't know what McElhenney has on the agenda, maybe helping out his wife. Charlie and Ice Cube's movie didn't exactly light up the box office, so unless there is a "Horrible Bosses 3" coming out, he is probably looking for something to do. 
No Dennis?!! 2019?!!  Shut. Your. Whore. Mouth. SHUTYOURWHOREMOUTH!!!!!!!!! 

The show doesn't work without Dennis.  They'll find creative ways to shoot around his schedule just like they've done for the others.

Solid end to a really good season last night.  GD, I love this show.

Has anyone seen an animated .gif of the ###pounder 4000?  I'm in a work FF league where the last place team gets their team name and avatar changed for the following season by whoever wins the league and my buddy wants to saddle the HR chick that went 2-11 with the team name A$$pounder 4000.  I feel like an animated .gif rather than a still shot would really complete the look.

Users who are viewing this thread