Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
boofatty

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Rick James said:

haven't liked most of this season, but the latest episode (PTSDee) was hilarious

Weird. This season has been fantastic sprinkled with some all time greats.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit of a clunker last night.  Had a couple OK moments.  Not sure if it was the episode itself or because of last week's was so good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, belljr said:

Bit of a clunker last night.  Had a couple OK moments.  Not sure if it was the episode itself or because of last week's was so good

It stunk compared to rest of this season.

Can't all be great I guess but yeah it was not up to their usual level of greatness. Besides the musical of this season I have loved all the others 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

I thought the last episode was damn near perfect :shrug:

 

I thought it was too. Didn't like the musical and wasn't as high on the water park as some. But since then it's been nothing but hits for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this season has been fantastic.  I really like that here in the 12th season, they are really trying some new and interesting things.  (Making a murderer, musical, the arbitration).  Even if I didn't laugh that much at this past week's episode, I admired it quite a bit, exploring what happens when a person in the gang tries to act normal (Dennis) and the gang wonders what the hell is wrong with him, by merely acting normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Charlie dropped another F Bomb in the open while discussing Jerry the Worm.

Really enjoyed the latest episode. "Yuck puddle" :lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

I thought the last episode was damn near perfect :shrug:

 

It was a slow burn for me...kind of stalled in the middle but thought it made up for it in the end :thumbup: 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Gator said:

It was a slow burn for me...kind of stalled in the middle but thought it made up for it in the end :thumbup: 

 

 

When Rickety asks Mac if he is gay for free or for money :lmao: 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, The Noid said:

Frank: "I bought poop on the dark web." :lmao:

and also, "Well, I'm done cooking the books." 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"booze for money scheme"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, need2know said:

Awesome.  Liked how they tied it into the stripper episode

Last week as well at the end.  So basically that Cricket ep took place between the two eps that preceded it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, now I am totally interested in watching the entire Cricket arc. An episode list of all his appearances must exist somewhere already, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jaysus said:

Ok, now I am totally interested in watching the entire Cricket arc. An episode list of all his appearances must exist somewhere already, right?

I got your back GB :wub:

  1. The Gang Exploits a Miracle (27 July 2006)  
  2. The Gang Gets Whacked: Part 2 (1 November 2007)  
  3. The Gang Dances Their Asses Off (15 November 2007)  
  4. Mac and Dennis: Manhunters (18 September 2008)  
  5. Who Pooped the Bed? (9 October 2008)  
  6. The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell (6 November 2008)  
  7. The Gang Wrestles for the Troops (29 October 2009)  
  8. Mac's Big Break (7 October 2010)  
  9. Dee Gives Birth (9 December 2010)  
  10. The Storm of the Century (20 October 2011)  
  11. The High School Reunion (8 December 2011)  
  12. Pop-Pop: The Final Solution (11 October 2012)  
  13. The Gang Squashes Their Beefs (6 November 2013)  
  14. Psycho Pete Returns (28 January 2015)  
  15. The Gang Goes on Family Fight (4 March 2015)  
  16. Dee Made a Smut Film (27 January 2016)  
  17. The Gang Tends Bar (22 February 2017)  
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

The Gang Gets Whacked: Part 2 (1 November 2007)  

Rise up! Gonna get higher and higher!   Hips and Nips, gotta keep it sexy or else I don't eat.

Amazing that was only his 2nd appearance.  He went off the rails fast. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

I got your back GB :wub:

  1. The Gang Exploits a Miracle (27 July 2006)  
  2. The Gang Gets Whacked: Part 2 (1 November 2007)  
  3. The Gang Dances Their Asses Off (15 November 2007)  
  4. Mac and Dennis: Manhunters (18 September 2008)  
  5. Who Pooped the Bed? (9 October 2008)  
  6. The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell (6 November 2008)  
  7. The Gang Wrestles for the Troops (29 October 2009)  
  8. Mac's Big Break (7 October 2010)  
  9. Dee Gives Birth (9 December 2010)  
  10. The Storm of the Century (20 October 2011)  
  11. The High School Reunion (8 December 2011)  
  12. Pop-Pop: The Final Solution (11 October 2012)  
  13. The Gang Squashes Their Beefs (6 November 2013)  
  14. Psycho Pete Returns (28 January 2015)  
  15. The Gang Goes on Family Fight (4 March 2015)  
  16. Dee Made a Smut Film (27 January 2016)  
  17. The Gang Tends Bar (22 February 2017)  

Well done.

The Gang Wrestles For the Troops is one of my top 5 most underrated episodes.  So GD funny - Rowdy Roddy Piper kills in that episode.  Top notch Artemis and Cricket in that one (The Talibum.) Frank as the Trash Man - the Maniac and his bucket of chestnuts, the "Birds of War" entry song and ensuing on-mike bickering.  Plus, Frank handing the soldier the jorts and then standing there saluting him solemnly as "KIss From A Rose" plays in the background going into commercial.  There's so much goodness in that one.

"The Maniac loves you...."  - RIP Roddy.  No one else could have played the Maniac.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cricket episode wasn't that great but his pop-in scenes to do PCP in the bathroom is one of my favorite shticks this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

Are seasons 1-11 still on Netflix?

Pretty sure most if not all of them are.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Evilgrin 72 said:

Well done.

The Gang Wrestles For the Troops is one of my top 5 most underrated episodes.  So GD funny - Rowdy Roddy Piper kills in that episode.  Top notch Artemis and Cricket in that one (The Talibum.) Frank as the Trash Man - the Maniac and his bucket of chestnuts, the "Birds of War" entry song and ensuing on-mike bickering.  Plus, Frank handing the soldier the jorts and then standing there saluting him solemnly as "KIss From A Rose" plays in the background going into commercial.  There's so much goodness in that one.

"The Maniac loves you...."  - RIP Roddy.  No one else could have played the Maniac.

Maniac : "No! I don't give a rat's ### about your collection agency! And as for the fifteen dollar co-payment, eat s### and die!"

Charlie : "$15?  He's upset about $15?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dee : "What's up with Hulk Hogan's hair?  It's blonde, but it's silken, like that of a Chinese man..."

Dennis : "Yeah, that's Hulk Hogan's signature look... blonde, Chinese hair and the skin of a hot dog.  It's awesome."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Evilgrin 72 said:

"The Maniac loves you...."  - RIP Roddy.  No one else could have played the Maniac.

While I love RRP and that ep, pretty much any professional wrestler would have worked in that role.

 

Also, my GF got me this shirt and I actually wear it some times

Pigeon boys for life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, cockroach said:

While I love RRP and that ep, pretty much any professional wrestler would have worked in that role.

 

Also, my GF got me this shirt and I actually wear it some times

Pigeon boys for life

That's awesome.

 

And while I agree that any pro wrestler would have worked for the role, I feel like Piper really brought a level of nuance to it, as odd as that sounds.  I don't know that anyone else would have been nearly as good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, need2know said:

The gang dances their asses off was another I had forgotten about. Another masterpiece

I love when Mac and Dennis are having their dance off and Dennis almost breaks character when Mac starts face thrusting at his dong from weight high.   Mac's motorcycle dance is always great too and my go to when I have to bust a move... or Frank's ''the moves''. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crap, the season is almost over. :sadbanana:

Official PDP ranking so far:

  1. Hero or Hate Crime
  2. PTSDee
  3. Wolf Cola
  4. The Gang Tends Bar
  5. Old Lady House
  6. Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer
  7.  A Cricket's Tale
  8. The Gang Goes to a Water Park
  9. The Gang Turns Black

Because it's very important to rank things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PlasmaDogPlasma said:

Crap, the season is almost over. :sadbanana:

Official PDP ranking so far:

  1. Hero or Hate Crime
  2. PTSDee
  3. Wolf Cola
  4. The Gang Tends Bar
  5. Old Lady House
  6. Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer
  7.  A Cricket's Tale
  8. The Gang Goes to a Water Park
  9. The Gang Turns Black

Because it's very important to rank things.

I would have water park higher.  Lady house lower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

Cricket episode wasn't that great but his pop-in scenes to do PCP in the bathroom is one of my favorite shticks this season

"These are my friends. They have a nice setup for me to take a shower in"

"Hey guys, mind if I wash up in the leaky urinal again?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was expecting more out of the Cricket episode but maybe my expectations were too high.  

Interstinf that the actor who played Scut Farkus in Christmas Story is Cricket's brother.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, skillz said:

I was expecting more out of the Cricket episode but maybe my expectations were too high.  

Interstinf that the actor who played Scut Farkus in Christmas Story is Cricket's brother.  

Holy hell I knew I seen that guy somewhere before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought that their use of the northern Midwest accent was stereotypical and offensive tonight.

That said, the finale was weird and WTF and absolutely funny.  Solid and impressive season.  Always Sunny has been getting better and started out as a I-think-I-need-to-watch-this.

I'm pretty confident in putting Hero or Hate Crime as my favorite episode ever after coming into this season with 10 episodes I would have ranked as the best episodes ever.  It was just too good.

Cheers to talent. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheAristocrat said:

I thought that their use of the northern Midwest accent was stereotypical and offensive tonight.

That said, the finale was weird and WTF and absolutely funny.  Solid and impressive season.  Always Sunny has been getting better and started out as a I-think-I-need-to-watch-this.

I'm pretty confident in putting Hero or Hate Crime as my favorite episode ever after coming into this season with 10 episodes I would have ranked as the best episodes ever.  It was just too good.

Cheers to talent. 

Lol. Where you from?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, need2know said:

Lol. Where you from?

Saint Paul, Minnesota.  They weren't wrong.  You drive 100 miles north in any direction from Saint Paul and they hit it spot on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sepinwall saying this could be last episode for Dennis, as Glenn Howerton has signed on to do an NBC pilot with Patton Oswalt. But said they could take a long break between seasons to get around his schedule, and of course there's a good chance the show doesn't get picked up or last long. I expect it will all work out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Shrugs said:

Sepinwall saying this could be last episode for Dennis, as Glenn Howerton has signed on to do an NBC pilot with Patton Oswalt. But said they could take a long break between seasons to get around his schedule, and of course there's a good chance the show doesn't get picked up or last long. I expect it will all work out.

I read that the show might not return until 2019. Kaitlin Olsen's FOX show "The Mick" has already been renewed for a full second season, so she has her hands full. I don't know what McElhenney has on the agenda, maybe helping out his wife. Charlie and Ice Cube's movie didn't exactly light up the box office, so unless there is a "Horrible Bosses 3" coming out, he is probably looking for something to do. 

Edited by Encyclopedia Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shrugs said:

Sepinwall saying this could be last episode for Dennis, as Glenn Howerton has signed on to do an NBC pilot with Patton Oswalt. But said they could take a long break between seasons to get around his schedule, and of course there's a good chance the show doesn't get picked up or last long. I expect it will all work out.

Kaitlin Olsen does The Mick and Charlie does TONS of movies so I dont see an issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shrugs said:

Sepinwall saying this could be last episode for Dennis, as Glenn Howerton has signed on to do an NBC pilot with Patton Oswalt. But said they could take a long break between seasons to get around his schedule, and of course there's a good chance the show doesn't get picked up or last long. I expect it will all work out.

 

7 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

I read that the show might not return until 2019. Kaitlin Olsen's FOX show "The Mick" has already been renewed for a full second season, so she has her hands full. I don't know what McElhenney has on the agenda, maybe helping out his wife. Charlie and Ice Cube's movie didn't exactly light up the box office, so unless there is a "Horrible Bosses 3" coming out, he is probably looking for something to do. 

No Dennis?!! 2019?!!  Shut. Your. Whore. Mouth. SHUTYOURWHOREMOUTH!!!!!!!!! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The show doesn't work without Dennis.  They'll find creative ways to shoot around his schedule just like they've done for the others.

 

Solid end to a really good season last night.  GD, I love this show.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.