Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
boofatty

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

13 minutes ago, Jaysus said:

so.... I don't recall the "Charlie puking blood all over a chick in a limo" episode.  When was that?

Hoss Bonaventure, CEO !

That was the episode where Frank was going to marry the hooker - now THAT'S an all-timer.

"This jacket is awesome, it's tighter than dickskin !"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, Jaysus said:

I'm a casual millionaire from Texas. I made my fortune hustlin' and wrasslin', you know this and that. Made a decent penny in boiled denims and the bridge business, mostly.

Can I offer you a nice egg in this tryin' time?

• Like 1

Not a very good episode imo. Double Charlie would have been a solid 25 minutes though. 

2 hours ago, Jaysus said:

damn, they really nailed that contest scene... side by side:  https://streamable.com/wrb0x

I actually marveled to my wife when I watched it how Kaitlin Olson just nailed all of Julia-Louis Dreyfus' movements - the walk, the gestures, the head movement.  It was uncanny.

She said : "Yeah, I don't know, I haven't watched every episode of Seinfeld 138 times like you have."  :bag:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jaysus said:

so.... I don't recall the "Charlie puking blood all over a chick in a limo" episode.  When was that?

He was trying to get Frank laid for some reason.   He was a rich oil tycoon and was gonna act sick to hook Frank, his driver, up with his date. 

"I've been poisoned by my constituents!"

Edited by cockroach

8 hours ago, Evilgrin 72 said:

I'm a casual millionaire from Texas. I made my fortune hustlin' and wrasslin', you know this and that. Made a decent penny in boiled denims and the bridge business, mostly.

Can I offer you a nice egg in this tryin' time?

if you ever need a new avatar

• Like 1

When I saw the flashbacks I thought they must be having a hard time coming up with new material. But Charlie Kramer changed all that. And what's better than watching Bird falling down hard?

Liked it. I’m gonna miss this odd show when it finally ends. 

Another disappointing episode.   Jeez this is a bummer

love a good charlie centric episode

• Like 1

Mildly entertaining episode in spots (Charlie eating the rat, getting caught in the bear trap and drinking his own pee) but I've never really liked the centric episodes and this does nothing to make me like them.

You guys are ####ting me, right?  That episode was great!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Jaysus said:

You guys are ####ting me, right?  That episode was great!

I thought it was so-so.  It had its moments, but the real beauty of the show is the interplay/dialogue between the characters.  When you remove any of them, it suffers IMO.  Unfortunately, this is the new normal, if given the choice between this season and no season, I'll emphatically choose this.  Comparing to previous seasons is pointless.

I thought it was pretty bad. I don't think Charlie can carry an episode by himself. Jason Kelce was great, though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Maik Jeaunz said:

I thought it was pretty bad. I don't think Charlie can carry an episode by himself. Jason Kelce was great, though.

He confirms my theory that anything and everything a fan does on sunday directly impacts the game.

On 10/19/2018 at 4:50 PM, Evilgrin 72 said:

I actually marveled to my wife when I watched it how Kaitlin Olson just nailed all of Julia-Louis Dreyfus' movements - the walk, the gestures, the head movement.  It was uncanny.

She said : "Yeah, I don't know, I haven't watched every episode of Seinfeld 138 times like you have."  :bag:

:rolleyes:

women.

Found the part 2 of the Superbowl episode to be entertaining, but not overly funny. 

13 hours ago, Max Power said:

Found the part 2 of the Superbowl episode to be entertaining, but not overly funny. 

both this episode and last week were great "ode to Philly" episodes. i can see how everybody wouldn't like it, but the demonstration of passionate fandom was something i think all fans can appreciate

On 10/26/2018 at 1:15 PM, Maik Jeaunz said:

would love for them to find a way to write Joel Embiid into an episode. could be pretty good stuff

21 hours ago, Max Power said:

This.  I was entertained.

Still the worst season i can remember.  Kind of like that last season of curb.

I'll keep watching but it's a bummer watching it decline.

Enjoyed it. The usual level of stupid, disgusting and funny. 

My favorite part of the whole episode, though, was the real phone selfie videos from the end of the actual super bowl win, including Mac himself at the game. Resonates with us fanatics. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Mammy said:

Between Bohemian Rhapsody and this episode of Sunny I'd say I've had my gay fill for awhile. 

That's what he said.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joe Mammy said:

Between Bohemian Rhapsody and this episode of Sunny I'd say I've had my gay fill for awhile. 

Hit me up when that tank runs dry. ?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

I think i just watched my last episode of this show.   The entire season was just ok.  The finale was terrible.

It was A great run.

35 minutes ago, Dentist said:

I think i just watched my last episode of this show.   The entire season was just ok.  The finale was terrible.

It was A great run.

Man or woman, or anywhere in between: poop is always the same color.

On 10/19/2018 at 7:07 AM, Evilgrin 72 said:

Rob is also directing some big budget movie, I forget which. 

Bottom line is that FX probably pays ####. They love doing the show but have been doing it for 13 years now and are finding opportunities to make real $ somewhere else. As much as we love this show, it's a basic cable program that no one watches. 

So, in order to keep it going, they need to figure out ways to do it in even less time. The bathroom bottle episode, the all-female episode, the clip show are all ways to get episodes done with limited time or some of the cast unavailable. Remember, going into the season, we didn't even know if we were going to have Dennis at all. The key is not so much to compare it to prior seasons, you have to compare it to no show at all. That's the alternative now. 

they merchandize the hell out of the thing.  I always assumed that the 3 guys get a pretty good amount from that.

1 minute ago, Long Ball Larry said:

they merchandize the hell out of the thing.  I always assumed that the 3 guys get a pretty good amount from that.

Basic cable pays dog ### compared to network and film.  I'm sure merchandising helps, but I don't even know how much they get from that or if they own the IP (as opposed to Fox owning it.)

The new episode was hilarious. The toe spoon! 

Dee at the hardware store trying to seduce...rofl. 

I needed that. 

• Like 2

Very solid first episode of the new season.

Season 13 (last season) was nearly a write-off it was so bad. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, brianj74 said:

Very solid first episode of the new season.

Season 13 (last season) was nearly a write-off it was so bad. 

Sadly it’s been a little hit & miss for a few seasons. 

I imagine it’s hard to stay at such a high level for so long, especially given the fact that so many of the characters aren’t actually that likable & don’t ever learn from their mistakes. lol

But yeah - solid premier. Super awkward & uncomfortable in so many ways. 

Frank and Charlie's excited conversation grabbing more alcohol from the bar was great.

So nice to have the gang back. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not a bad episode.  Was worried after the finale of last season.  The whole point of this show is that they are bad people doing bad things.  Why did they feel the need to do a "Very Special Episode of Sunny"?

Anyhoo, not a bad start.  

Side notes, Dee has had waaay too much work done.  Her face no longer moves like a human's face and it's starting to look like a Housewife's plastic face.  And I can't tell if Rob got some work done, too, but his face looks odd.  I know he worked out a lot for last year and maybe it's just that, but I don't think so.  Something looks off.  Like surgical off.