Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
boofatty

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

1 hour ago, TheIronSheik said:

Side notes, Dee has had waaay too much work done.  Her face no longer moves like a human's face and it's starting to look like a Housewife's plastic face.  And I can't tell if Rob got some work done, too, but his face looks odd.  I know he worked out a lot for last year and maybe it's just that, but I don't think so.  Something looks off.  Like surgical off.

Glenn looked off in a few scenes. Kinda looked older but not quite sure.

Rob's beard seemed different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, brianj74 said:

Glenn looked off in a few scenes. Kinda looked older but not quite sure.

Rob's beard seemed different.

Yeah, I noticed this, too.  Not as bad as the other two, but a couple scenes he looked older.

On 11/12/2018 at 2:00 PM, Evilgrin 72 said:

Basic cable pays dog ### compared to network and film.  I'm sure merchandising helps, but I don't even know how much they get from that or if they own the IP (as opposed to Fox owning it.)

Charlie Day just talked about this (a little) on Dax Shepard podcast.  When the show started, FXX essentially said we're not putting in any $, but you guys get to own the show.  They've done alright with the show. 

2 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

Not a bad episode.  Was worried after the finale of last season.  The whole point of this show is that they are bad people doing bad things.  Why did they feel the need to do a "Very Special Episode of Sunny"?

Anyhoo, not a bad start.  

Side notes, Dee has had waaay too much work done.  Her face no longer moves like a human's face and it's starting to look like a Housewife's plastic face.  And I can't tell if Rob got some work done, too, but his face looks odd.  I know he worked out a lot for last year and maybe it's just that, but I don't think so.  Something looks off.  Like surgical off.

Agree w Dee assessment. 

I think Rob just really leaned out. If you look at his body (chest + shoulders + delts) he’s not as big as he used to be even post Putting On Mass. Makes his head look bigger, and it’s a little off-putting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brony said:

Charlie Day just talked about this (a little) on Dax Shepard podcast.  When the show started, FXX essentially said we're not putting in any $, but you guys get to own the show.  They've done alright with the show. 

If they have merchandising rights, I bet they are doing pretty well. I used to see stuff like greenman costumes at halloween and nightman t-shirts everywhere at one point, although I am sure sales have dropped off over the last few years. I still have a #### towel at home!

• Like 1

There was some cross-talk between Frank and Charlie in the bed with the two women, but I’m almost certain Charlie said, “This European ###-play is really aggressive.” 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

3 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

I’m a big Kaitlin Olsen fan - I’m not really seeing anything beyond maybe Botox. 

I don’t think she’s had any major plastic surgery done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I’m a big Kaitlin Olsen fan - I’m not really seeing anything beyond maybe Botox. 

I don’t think she’s had any major plastic surgery done. 

Go back and look at her from old.  My wife stopped watching the show probably 5 seasons ago and she walked in when I was watching it and was like, "Damn.  When did Dee start getting work done to her face?"  Maybe we're wrong, but it looks plastic and odd.

1 minute ago, TheIronSheik said:

Go back and look at her from old.  My wife stopped watching the show probably 5 seasons ago and she walked in when I was watching it and was like, "Damn.  When did Dee start getting work done to her face?"  Maybe we're wrong, but it looks plastic and odd.

They used to ugly her up a little.   So maybe a little of that

1 minute ago, belljr said:

I don't think so, because it's not about makeup.  And I was always of the opinion that she was a good looking female.  Her face looks stretched now.

1 hour ago, belljr said:

Exactly - a lot of it’s makeup. 

She had her own show for a little while (was pretty funny actually) and I marveled at how good she looked compared to the same season of ASIP. Lighting, makeup, etc. 

they definitely played up the barfly skank look on ASIP. 

• Thanks 1

I have. And I just spent some time on the google. IMO it’s makeup. Maybe a little Botox tightening up her skin is what’s giving you that “stretched” impression. She also appears to be a little skinnier than she used to be (and she was already pretty thin) 

Hard to believe the show's been on 14 years now, I think Kaitlyn Olsen is in her mid-40's now as is the rest of the cast (except DeVito obviously.) Gonna look pretty different after that much time and going from early 30's to mid 40's. Plus she's had a couple of kids right? I remember they worked that into a whole season of episodes, my favorite being the one where she messes with the guys telling them that one of them knocked her up at a Halloween party.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Buckna said:

Hard to believe the show's been on 14 years now, I think Kaitlyn Olsen is in her mid-40's now as is the rest of the cast (except DeVito obviously.) Gonna look pretty different after that much time and going from early 30's to mid 40's. Plus she's had a couple of kids right? I remember they worked that into a whole season of episodes, my favorite being the one where she messes with the guys telling them that one of them knocked her up at a Halloween party.

“Brownout”

classic. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Quint said:

I think Rob just really leaned out. If you look at his body (chest + shoulders + delts) he’s not as big as he used to be even post Putting On Mass. Makes his head look bigger, and it’s a little off-putting. 

The "###-Pounder 4000" burns a lot of calories. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

20 hours ago, Buckna said:

If they have merchandising rights, I bet they are doing pretty well. I used to see stuff like greenman costumes at halloween and nightman t-shirts everywhere at one point, although I am sure sales have dropped off over the last few years. I still have a #### towel at home!

it's extremely syndicated as well.  While they might not have ridiculous per episode contracts, i'm sure they're doing fine financially and have the freedom to do whatever they want creatively.

12 minutes ago, Tiger Fan said:

it's extremely syndicated as well.  While they might not have ridiculous per episode contracts, i'm sure they're doing fine financially and have the freedom to do whatever they want creatively.

Looks like they all have a Net Worth in the $25-$50M range

On 9/27/2019 at 5:27 PM, Buckna said:

Yes.  I understand how aging works.  I'm not saying she looks different because she's older.  I'm saying she looks different because she's trying to keep from looking older by having work done.

On 9/27/2019 at 7:11 AM, TheIronSheik said:

Not a bad episode.  Was worried after the finale of last season.  The whole point of this show is that they are bad people doing bad things.  Why did they feel the need to do a "Very Special Episode of Sunny"?

Anyhoo, not a bad start.  

Agreed on both.  It was a bit distracting because I sat there trying to figure out what was off about their appearance instead of paying attention to the show

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

new episode tonight - super funny. Shout out to Dolph Lungren for his cameo as a d-list action hero. 

• Like 1

I don't see the evidence of Olson having any type of plastic surgery. It just seems like she has her makeup applied very precisely. All four of them are very fit--even DeVito looks in pretty good shape for someone who turns seventy-five in about a month. Kaitlin was born in August of 1975, so she's not going to look like a girl anymore. 

The only obvious thing I've noticed is Charlie having some sort of hair restoration. His hairline has gotten much lower over the years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

How did the episode end last night?  I can't remember if I fell asleep before it was over or not?  (I finally had a chance to catch up on my DVR, and that was the last thing I had queued after the season premier)

6 hours ago, Jaysus said:

How did the episode end last night?  I can't remember if I fell asleep before it was over or not?  (I finally had a chance to catch up on my DVR, and that was the last thing I had queued after the season premier)

Watching a pirate version of the movie on Dennis phone

On 9/29/2018 at 9:26 AM, The Noid said:

Am I the only one that thinks they have a mortician doing the makeup on the show this season?

Regarding how the cast "looks" this season, I said the above last year after the first episode. It's definitely carried over again this year. Maybe it the HD effect, too. Watching old episodes that were filmed in SD really contrasts things, too. 

• Like 1

Best show ever! Loving they did a shot out to the girl living in Roxborough!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For anyone who looks at Dee in that episode and doesn't think she's had a ton of work, I now know why women get work done.  I used to think, "Do they really think she's fooling anyone with that plastic face?"  But it turns out, yes, they actually are fooling people out there. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheIronSheik said:

For anyone who looks at Dee in that episode and doesn't think she's had a ton of work, I now know why women get work done.  I used to think, "Do they really think she's fooling anyone with that plastic face?"  But it turns out, yes, they actually are fooling people out there. :lol:

Honestly never crosses my mind unless it's a train wreck like Joan rivers

• Like 1

I could see she had some work done, but, I don't think she's looks bad. It's still fresh. I'm sure it'll be jacked in five years, but, that's the tradeoff. Extend the clock two or three years on the good side, then look weird forever after. 

Awesome episode. Amazing quotes.

No game Dennis :lmao:

"I want what's in your pants" 

"I know this is where society is headed, I'm just not ready for it yet"

• Like 1

Ok but its going to take me awhile to hammer through the door

Saw it coming and still made me laugh

• Like 1

I don't think this season is bad by any means, but I don't think it's been great.  Honestly, Charlie is the one thing holding this together.  

• Like 1

I don't think this season is bad by any means, but I don't think it's been great.  Honestly, Charlie is the one thing holding this together.  

If you didn’t laugh at Mac’s texts to Dennis then I don’t know what to tell you. :shrug: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AAABatteries said:

If you didn’t laugh at Mac’s texts to Dennis then I don’t know what to tell you. :shrug: 

I didn't say I haven't been laughing.  I just said this season hasn't been great.  

15 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

I didn't say I haven't been laughing.  I just said this season hasn't been great.  

I agree, starting to show some decline. Mac and Dennis seem to be caricatures of the characters so far this year. Just seem to be missing something.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

I agree, starting to show some decline. Mac and Dennis seem to be caricatures of the characters so far this year. Just seem to be missing something.

Exactly.  It's like they've lost something.  They used to be bad on so many different levels.  Now Dennis is a rapist and Mac is a gay horndog.  

• Thanks 1

I think it's great