What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL IV Reunion HTH 2006 Team Commentaries (1 Viewer)

rzrback77

Footballguy
Rzrback77 returns for the third consecutive year. Grouse was our champ in 04 and I finished middle of the pack. Last season, I drafted out of the 4th slot and led the league in points scored, but lost in the championship game to Family Matters.

This year, I drafted 13th and my goal today is to sneak into the playoffs with all of my players healthy and then kick tail.

RB1 - Caddilac Williams 4 12th RB 1.13

RB 2 - Domanick Davis 5 13th RB 2.2

RB3 - Ahman Green 6 32nd RB 6.2

After a review of my rankings, I had decided to go RB-WR with my first two picks. I believe that in these survivors, the RB position is devalued somewhat relative to most drafts, especially with the PPR scoring. I had a list of 14 RBs and 2 WRs for the top 16. When Legacy took both of my WRs, I went with Plan B and took Davis, even with all the knee trouble talk on-going. I hope that his knee will be ok and if it is, both of these guys have great potential for 2005. Since, I took these two early and I consider the RB slot a little less important here, I waited patiently to grab my third, as did several others. Seven RBs were taken between 5.7 and 6.5, including Addai, Dayne, Rhodes, A Green, Gore, F Taylor, and C Brown. I really like Ahman Green from that group, but it really is a little like roulette at that point. With these three in hand, I decide to wait to the very last couple of rounds and add either a handcuff or a boom/bust candidate.

WR1 - Roy Williams 8 14th WR 4.2

WR2 - Drew Bennett 7 36th WR 7.13

WR3 - Jerry Porter 3 37th WR 8.2

WR4 - Roddy White 5 50th WR 9.13

WR5 - Marty Booker 8 58th WR 12.2

WR6 - Troy Williamson 6 70th WR 13.13

WR7 - Sinorice Moss 4 72nd WR 14.2

WR8 - Drew Carter 9 78th WR 16.2

I doubt that many in our league will speak favorably of this WR stable, but I believe it is the strength of my team. The bad news is that I had to go with a very deep bench to achieve that strength. The good news is that there is no bench, all get to play every week, you only count the three top scorers. One of the most overlooked factors in survivors is the lack of consistency with WRs. You simply must have 6 or 7 contributors to get three solid scores every week. And unlike the RB position, more teams achieve those solid scores with WRs. So when you go with a five man roster and three guys have byes or off weeks, you miss a scoring position. If you lose a guy to injury, then the affect is made even worse.

I like Roy Williams, Drew Bennett, and Jerry Porter a lot for 06. After that I was trying to draft for value, to minimize bye week affect, and to grab some potential big play guys. I don't mind the occasional zero or two point week, if I can get a couple of 20-plus point games.

QB1 - Drew Bledsoe 3 7th QB 5.13

QB2 - Billy Volek 7 27th QB 11.13

QB3 - Alex Smith 7 29th QB 15.13

I had not planned on taking a QB early. I was actually targeting WR here, but when Rod Smith and Kennison went at 5.2 and 5.3, I did not see value at WR. I knew that I did not want two other RBs, so I narrowed my search to one QB and RB each. Eli Manning and Bledsoe were the last two that I expect to have realistic top five QB potential, so I was happy to get one of them along with Green. Securing Bledsoe allowed me to select several WRs and wait a long time on QB as he is similar to Favre and rarely misses games. In round 13, I grabbed Volek who although may be a tentative year long starter, should play a minimum of half the year. He will most likely be playing from behind and had some success two years ago in a similar situation. I will be happy with three or four big scoring games, with one being week three. I added Alex Smith as I fully expect him to start all year and is likely to be at his best when Young overtakes Volek and Bledsoe falls off in the downstretch. All in all, a very nice tandem.

TE1 - Tony Gonzalez 3rd TE 3.13

I really like having a top TE in this format with two points per reception. Gonzalez is coming off a less successful fantasy year as he did not get many TDs. I expect him to perform as well as or better than last year and hope for a top five season. I considered backing him up, but all of the guys I like went earlier than expected. I will be handicapped in week three and severely, if Gonzo or even Roaf gets injured.

Defense 1 - Steelers 1st Def 10.2

Defense 2 - Chargers 22nd Def 18.2

I used to go with a one defense strategy, but reviewed the scoring from a few leagues and discovered that to be a flawed strategy. Defensive team scoring is radically divergent week to week and having two is an absolute necessity. I really like the Steelers and was willing to take them a round early to get them. I have submitted a "Value Defense" article for footballguys.com and the Chargers are one of those two values. I really like them to finish top ten and matching them with the Steelers give me a solid one-two punch on defense.

Kicker 1 - John Hall 21st K

This is the most overvalued position is survivor, especially with no extra points for long field goals. In retrospect, I probably should have selected Vanderjagt in the 16th round, instead of Carter. I made those two (15th and 16th) picks in haste to go pick up my wife to go see a movie. But, thems the breaks. I need for Mr. Hall to stay active all season and perform reasonably well and I'll be ok.

All in all, this team is not terrible. I need for the three RBs to all play at least most of the season, and having D Davis as one of the three makes that very suspect. I need for Gonzalez and Hall to not be injured. I need for TO to just shut up and play. It could happen

I greatly enjoyed the challenge of drafting with all of y'all and look forward to some interesting commentaries on all of the teams, including mine.

Good Luck to All, except those weeks that you face the HOGS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to coorect 1 thing. We have only played H2H 1 year and that was last year of which I won. You must be thinking of the the first survivor year.

Just to coorect 1 thing. We have only played H2H 1 year and that was last year of which I won. You must be thinking of the the first survivor year.
FM is correct. It started on 2004 as just one of the SSL Survivors. The reunion brought back most participants last year for the first HTH League.

A qucik review review of teams and here's who I see as strong contenders in no peticular order:

PAE:

QB: Cpep & Vick

Getting Cpep late was huge. Having Vick in hand allowed him to steal Cpep and potentialy creat a mismatch for an end of season run that might make us all pay if he can overcome the wait that might be Vick in the beginning.

RB: LJ, McGahee, Duckett & Bennett. LJ alone sets this group apart. LJ will carry this team a long way. McGahee should be a nice RB2.

WR: Galloway, Burleson, Brown, Horn, Jenkins & Lelie are a nice group to have. They should be a solid group for you.

TE: Shockey & Kinney will do Great!

PK-D/ST: Longwell, Philly/Dallas: All will do fine.

All in all a solid team if the QB situation works out. The key might come down to Cpep. If he heals in time this team could rock.

Frank Black:

QB: Delhomme & Kitna: Many are more excited about Kitna than I am. I like Delhomme however. He's not a great FF scorer but he can keep you in games.

RB: LT, J.Jones, Dillon, G. Jones & Turner: A great group that could be the best of the league.

WR: D. Jax, R. Smith, Curtis, Bruce, M.Bradley: 3 scorer group that lacks depth due to the RB depth. Could be problamatic in the playoffs.

TE: Cooley & Hilton: I like this combo because I think Hilton will have some nice games.

PK/D/ST:Feeley/Hanson/Pats: Nice group that will score well.

Valence:

QB: Favre/Brunell: If Favre still has the magic then watch out.

RB: Alexander/Bush/Droughns?Staley: will be a very good group and should score well all year at both positions.

WR: TJ Houshmandzadeh, Kennison, Jurevicius, Lloyd, Ma. Clayton, C.Wilson: There's strength in numbers with this group and you may have just enough to make it work.

TE: LJ Smith, Pollard. I love LJ at 2 PPR.

PK-D/ST: Kaeding/Cinn/Az: Good group at D.

Jeff Pasquino:

QB: Brady/Simms: What's not to like about Brady? Simms comes with risk. Who knows if he'll even be the QB by the time the playoffs comes around. But Brady will.

RB: Jordan/Addai/Pittman?White: 3 great PPR guys and 1 very good goalline back make for a solid group. Should get good scoring all year.

WR: Boldin/Chambers?Ke Johnson/Engram/Givens/Caldwell: Great group in this format. You should be looking at 3 good scores every week.

TE: McMichael/Wiggins: Both steady and good in this format.

PK/D/ST: Vanderjagt/Scobee/Miami/SF: Outside of SF the scoring should be solid all year. This team is balanced and could contend.

rzrback77:

QB: Bledsoe/Volek/Smith: Just because Bledsoe is on the team. Not sure Volek will be the starter or how well Smith will do.

RB: Caddy/Green/Davis: This group is volital but could be very good. If Davis and Green are healthy this group rocks. If not this team sucks. That's just how it is.

WR: R. Williams/Porter/Bennett/R.White/Booker/Si Moss/D.Carter/T.Williamson: What's not to like about this group? They're deep and talented and should put up solid numbers.

TE: Gonzo: He will score.

PK/D/ST: Hall/Pitts/SD: Not reall happy with Hall but I like the Pitts and SD combo.

This team comes down to the RB health.

SHADOWMASTER SELF ANALYSIS

Taking a few key lessons learned from past FBG drafts, I went in with the idea that I would take a bit of a WR hit to secure 2 top QBs, 2 good Running GAMES, and a good TE. I would try to fill the WR slots with committee players and accessorize early with a top TD and PK.

I feel I was able to execute my plan. I got 2 strong QB, stronger than even I planned for. I’ve struggled to get the QBs I wanted in past years and I wanted to close out the position early in this draft. I got two solid starting backs and I was able to handcuff both in case of injury or TD vultures. I got a strong TE, my top TD and PK.

I one negative to my team is the WR position. I knew it would not be strength, but it is weaker than expected. I lost more WR targets to you guys than anything else. That creates a gapping problem based on the strategy I used. Fortunately, I got just about everything else I wanted and if I get the expected production I should be able to compete. I’ll need to hit on a few sleepers to have a chance to win.

My draft journal follows. Keep in mind, I wrote this as we went along:

1.06 C.Portis RB WSH – From the 6 slot, I had 5 guys I really liked (Isn’t that always the case?) I was happy one fell to me. I’m big on the Washington O under Saunders and I think Portis could be huge… Plus, he played for the U! An EASY handcuff was also a consideration.

2.09 P.Manning QB IND – I have the plan to go 2 QBs early, but none of my test runs came out with Payton to me in the 2nd. I’ll take the top QB 9 spots after his ADP and grin. The DEEP RB choices in 2006 makes this less risky that usual.

3.06 C.Taylor RB MIN – I like the former Raven as the new head dog in Minny. He can run and catch and should be Westbrook x 2 because he can go between the tackles as well. Again, another RB I should be able to handcuff without much risk. 2 handcuffs is the target. (I wanted Shockey but Pimpin’ f*ed me on the turn with the double ‘cane nab. Nice picks!)

4.09 J.Walker WR DEN – With Walker moving to Denver, the #5 O from last year just got even better. All reports have the injury as healed. I view the Denver WRs as interchangeable WR1s, but Walker has the higher ADP. I hope to get R.Smith in round 6/7 (ADP 7.09). Yeah, he’s a ‘nole, but I’m going to look the other way…

5.06 M.Hasselbeck QB SEA – The monster QB tandem is complete. I never planned on having Payton as one half, so maybe this is overkill. QBs seem to go early in this bunch after the first tier is gone and I wanted 2 before that happened. I’m going to take abuse but I’m sticking to the game plan.

6.09 J.Witten TE DAL – This guy is my sleeper TE of the year. Parcells and Bledsoe LOVE going to the TE and Owens will open him up. I see Ben Coates Pro Bowl like potential here and missing Shockey, I giddy to get Witten.

7.06 K.McCardell WR SD – The TE pick proved costly as my WR target Smith and 2 others (R.Brown/D.Stallworth) I liked went as well. McCardell should see 100ish targets and should be a stable WR2 for me. Rivers, age, and Marty-ball are all a big concern here and I see his upside as limited to average at best.

8.09 M.Moore RB MIN – RB handcuff 1 complete. WAY early for his ADP, but the DD application had him up near the top of the available RBs and I did not want someone getting cute trashing my plans.

9.06 E.Wilford WR JAX – Again, my previous pick is costly as I’m killed at the turn. I need a WR3 starter and the crops are getting thin. David Dodds has Wilford projected high (WR26) and so we will take his advice and hope for the best. JAX does pass at the goal and spread it around, so this could work out.

10.09 Carolina TD – Great last year and projected as great again this year. I like the Panther team overall in 2006. I like coach Fox. I have Carolina as TD1.

11.06 A.Vinatieri PK IND – As usual, I got PK first in this group and get my PK1. Getting my TD and PK targets will help with the weaker WR corps.

12.09 R.Ferguson WR GB – Finally I’m able to get another WR I want where I want him. Ferg is the favorite for Walkers old job and that can be a productive position. His QB is pretty good too. Targeting Stokley for the doubles in the next round.

13.06 G.Lewis WR PHIL - Well grouse snuffed my next WR idea seconds after my last pick. I continue to loose more players on the 10 pick wait then on the 16 pick wait every time. Banking on the fact that Reid and McFro spread it around and Lewis could have a few nice games. Jeff has informed me that Lewis will be WR4 or 5 on this team. I hope not.

14.09 L.Betts RB WASH – I’m not about to trust he will get through the 10 picks of death to come. Handcuff #2 is complete. Again early for his ADP, but Jeff snagged the fish D away 1 pick before mine (I think Capers will do great things in Miami) and I was steaming a little.

15.06 S.Holmes WR PIT – A ‘bit’ of a homer pick. ;) Bit of a sleeper pick. I hope he can focus on football and make a contribution this year. C.Wilson is certainly obtainable for this rookie on the depth chart. Holmes is my WR6, but we may need him with how this has unfolded. My WRs are weaker than expected.

16.09 M.Alstott RB TB – While I have 4 backs, I really only sport 2 active players and bye weeks holes to fill. Gruden likes multiple backs to have a role and Alstott will get a few catches and the short TD calls. Comparable back like B.Jacobs (10.06), TJ.Duckett (11.01), G.Jones (12.13), and D.Staley (13.03) all going much earlier make this feel like a great value late in the 16th and so I’ll skip the backup TE.

17.06 O.Mare PK MIA – I get my PK backup and token Dolphin. Could have a lot of FG opportunity in what I see as the improved, but not dominant Miami O.

18.09 P.Holmes RB KC – Last pitch, so I’ll take a homerun swing. I’m going to take a stab on the Priest playing RB2 for KC this year over the backup TD. Call it a gut feeling that he will play. TD is also safe to not backup as the slot is safe from ‘IR’ and I’ll just loose the bye week coverage for the risk.

QB P.Manning, M.Hasslebeck - :flex:

RB C.Portis/L.Betts, C.Taylor/M.Moore, M.Alstott, P.Holmes - Solid, upside, and contingency planning

WR J.Walker, K.McCardell, E.Wilford, R.Ferguseon, G.Lewis, S.Holmes - :X

TE J.Witten - Solid

PK A.Vinatieri, O.Mare - Solid

TD Carolina - Solid

Remember now, today is all about comments and commentaries.

Get on your mark........

Get set.......................

GO!

:popcorn:

I've done better, I've done worse...we'll strap 'em w/the following and let the chips fall where they may:

QB

Brees 9.12

Lefty 10.3

For more drafts than I can remember, I'm last to grab a starting QB---and damn proud of it!

This year, the gap grows even more narrow, between QB4--QB13, then again from 14-21

while both Brees and Lefty are in the 14-21 bucket, I can't imaginge both finishing less than QB15---and combined, I see even better results from this pair

While others are scrambling to get WR3-4's rostered, I continue to practice patience w/the QB position and take 2 guys that I'm very happy with----while not the highest scoring pair, I doubt I'll be last and given the draft position I score this position "B"

RB

TJones 3.12

Gore 6.3

CPerry 7.12

Barlow 8.3

Pearman 15.12

While most critics will grade this as about the worst group of RB's in the league, the strategy was to try to land a decent RBBC combo (wanted Indy, but would have had to reach for that pair), and get several 3rd down guys that catch some passes and find the occassional TD grab...remember, I don't need to pick the starters each week in our format, just score the 2 highest from the position

The critical move regarding the position came right away, as I passed on Caddy to take Gates and his 2/PPR's---I trust Gates + my RB2 will out distance most RB1+ TE combos...if this is the case, my strategy is a winner...if not-- :X

WR

Fitz 2.3

Plax 4.3

MMuhammy 5.12

Reg Williams 11.12

AR-El 13.12

5 WR's with 5 different bye weeks, means I score 4 of 5, no matter what--I decided to go w/only 5 as a result of the bye week situation...injury could derail this strategy, but I decided I wanted 2-deep in every position, so that meant only a total of 10RB's/WR's...Griese to CHI makes the MM pick tolerable, otherwise I'd have passed on any Bears passing game players---regardless of the depth chart, Griese @QB gives the Bears the best chance to win, IMO

TE

Gates 1.12

EJohnson 18.3

Adding Gates to the "starting" WR corps of Fitz, Plax and Muhammad gives me 4 strong preformers, possibly the best group of 4 in the league, as the projections have this group ~1020 points...we'll see

Johnson in the last round was purely for insurance, in case Gates tweaked an ACL and got shelved---of course, if history has anything to say about it, Johnson has a great preseason and goes down in the 3rd qtr of week 1!

D/ST

Balt 12.3

Minny 17.12

"Deep Purple" X 2!

The Raven D disappointed last year, starting off 31st after the first few weeks of the season...they rallied to finish ~D14, which meant nice production from Oct on ...Minny is a boom/bust D, IMO, having the potential to equally score 4 or 14 on any given week---latest on KRob had him in rehab working on "prevent", as opposed to being admitted as a result of a relapse...hopefully he busts 1 or 2 for scores this year, as he gets himself back in true football shape

K

Elam 14.3

Akers 16.3

2 solid toes here, on 2 of the higher scoring teams in the league--didn't reach, IMO, for any of the D/K's, using 4 of the last 7 selection for this group...(the other 3 selections were for RB5, WR5 and TE2)

While I'm not overly thrilled w/this squad, I feel it has very strong potential, given the scoring system and "best ball" format we play in

As usual, this group is as strong a group from 1-14 I draft with each year and as such, a case can be made for any of the teams

Drafting from the 14 spot:

1.14 Steve Smith WR1 - Top WR of the field. Nobody, not even double teams can stop this guy. Keyshawn will take away some targets but he's the safest bet for a repeat top 5 performance.

2.1 Chad Johnson WR2 - I obviously could have taken Dom Davis, but this early in the year, you just never know how he's going to shake out. Come training camp, Dom could be back to a top 10 pick. He could also be a nagging injury prone back heading into the season. Why take the risk when I can have another sure thing WR? Hopefully, a WR run will start and I'll be sitting somewhere around RB 24-25.

3.14 Tatum Bell RB1 - Well, I really thought I'd be able to land a Thomas Jones or a Warrick Dunn with this pick, but Valence and Grouse both took a 3rd RB. Tatum is a nice play to be the Denver starter. Even with 50/50 action in Denver, it makes him a good bet to reach 1000 yards.

4.1 Deuce McAllister RB2 - In a normal draft, I would have passed and took Roy Williams. Having Chad, SS and Roy = Nasty!!... But alas, with this field, I couldn't pull the trigger. There's no guarantee that another starting back will make it back to me, so I have my choice of Benson, Dillon or Deuce. I like the addition of Reggie for Deuce. It will certainly open things up for him when he's in there. Deuce will have to get used to watching Reggie carry the rock as well, but I still see a solid season returning from injury. Dillon is always banged up and Benson is not guaranteed the carries that Deuce is. I went with the most carries still left on the board.

5.14 - Laverneous Coles - Outstanding WR3. I can afford to wait on adding anymore WRs for a while now and build the rest of my team.

6.1 - Marc Bulger - The QB I wanted to fall to me in the 6th did. I had an opportunity here to add a RB3 to the fold, but I'm not going to chase this draft around. I'll find an RB3 soon enough. The draft is going very smooth for me at this point.

7.14 - Kellen Winslow - What a tight end run! If I don't grab one here, I'll have Dallas Clark as my #1. You really need 2 TEs in this format unless you have Gates/Gonzo. The soldier provides nice value this late. In 2 PPR, I chose him over VD.

8.1 - Curtis Martin - Exactly the type of RB3 I want in the 8th. While I was targeting Maroney as a more exciting home run hitter, Curtis if he can stay healthy, should provide capable. Nice pick Twilight.

9.14 - Rothlisberger - QB16. Roth was QB18 last year and missed 5 games. If he can stay off the death machines, he should be top 10 and a solid complement to Bulger.

10.1 - Dallas Clark - Like I said, its important to have a good TE2 in this format. With Edge gone, the sky is the limit for Dallas. Had him targeted, and he fell. I am hoping Gado makes it back to me.

11.14 - Samkon Gado - Ahman hasn't been a model of health lately and I just may have snagged the RB I need to protect my thin corps.

12.1 - Travis Henry - Okay, so I'm OVERPAYING for this spot. I don't think anyone here has even drafted Henry, so it really made more sense for me to grab my WR4 here. (Stokely) I honestly don't believe Henry will get leapfrogged this year by Lendale. I think Brown could be out by the time the season starts and Henry is your starter. I've been saying it all year. Its not that I'm high on his talent, I just think its his "TURN" for his chance.

13.14 - Charles Rogers - Man o man, do I wish I would have taken Stokely one pick earlier. Having to count on this kid turns my stomach.

14.1 - DENVER DST - I'll grab my last wideout on the next turn. Champ Bailey makes this an easy decision.

15.14 - Todd Pinkston - The love for wideouts continues. I had targeted Sinorice Moss as an upside player here. If he wasn't available I had planned on Mark Bradley. They BOTH went in front of me, so I'll take the comeback player of the year. McNabb will not forget his old target. He'll have 5-6 startable games this year, 5-70 and a TD type games.

16.1 - Josh Brown - Great kicker.

17.14 - NYJ DST - Not bad for a # 2.

18.1 - Mike Nugent - Better offense should give him more opportunities. Hopefully the jitters are out of his system as he was terrible last year.

Okay lets recap:

QB - Bulger , Roth = A

Great combo.

RB - Bell, Mcallister, Curtis, Gado, T Henry = B-

No bye week issues. Plenty of upside in Bell, Gado and Henry. Balance in Deuce and Curtis.

WR - Chad, Steve Smith, Coles, Rogers, Pinkston = A

Its the thinnest group I've ever drafted, but by design. I have always drafted WR heavy and left other positions to fend for themselves. Having only 1 quality starter at QB and TE normally. Then, injuries always occur and I'm screwed. Wasted points behind Chad and Steve don't do much for a team. Sure I could have added more depth, but most weeks, it would just be wasted.

TE - Winslow and Dallas = B+

I like this tandem. I waited and am more than happy with the duo.

PK - Josh Brown and Nugent = A-

DST - Denver and Jets = B+

Overall, the only REAL question is Bell. If he gets the starting nod, this group will be hard to beat.

TOUGH, TOUGH DRAFT gang. Great job by all! I only see a crazy QB pick or two!

I like the team I have assembled, without any glaring weaknesses and some upside sprinked thoughout.

QB: Plummer and Warner.

Plummer is a consensus top 10. As for Warner, if two Ariz WRs are top 10, then it stands to reason that Warner would be as well. Bring on the Manning/Hasselbeck combo :boxing:

RB: Ronnie Brown, Kevin Jones, Ron Dayne and Brandon Jacobs.

Very comfortable with Brown and Jones. Dayne may or may not pan out. At worst, sharing time, at best, the starter in Denver. As for Jacobs, I watched enough last season to believe that he will get some more time this year. All of this Tiki is the greatest talk has me thinking that it may be time to go against the herd a little. No other team jumps out as being significantly better, even the boys with the no brainers in the top three :boxing:

WR: Wayne, Santana Moss, Mark Clayton, Arnaz Battle and Jabar Gaffney.

For some reason, I get Gaffney on my team alot. The first three are pretty good starters, I believe. As for Battle and Gaffney...hoping for the best. Certainly some upside with them.

TE: Troupe and Franks

A pretty weak combo. Certainly hoping that Troupe lives up to the FBGs hype of last season. Every time I targeted a value TE, he got swooped up.

K: Graham and Wilkens

No concerns here

D: Jax, TB and Tenn

I like having three defenses. A better chance that one will go off for some special teams scores. Better than taking a chance on an RB or WR who would need an injury to see the field.

This team fears no one :football:

Okay, going to give the draft recap and self analysis a shot

(note for future - would be easier if we all agreed to use the same format)

Looking forward to this draft as I have drafted with almost everyone in the league I think. Should be challenging and fun. Not thrilled with the 11 hole - if not in the top 4, would prefer to be at 14 (or 13) and have a little more control - or right in the middle and capitalize on judgment errors.

1-11 Rudi Johnson: should be solid and might even score better depending on

when Palmer really does start playing. Not the pass catcher, but dependable

2-4 Torry Holt: I think this is the year we see a lot more teams drafting

RB-WR or even WR-WR as there is a pretty solid group of secondary RB

Holt is the most consistent, if not the best, of the top WR

3-11 Hines Ward: and even RB-WR-WR Ward still gets it done every year

and with Randle El gone, should get more targets this year

4-4 Todd Heap: Stud TE who may even have upside with McNair at QB for

Balt this year. Might well have gone with second level TE if there had

been a RB here that merited the pick (still plenty left if they make it

back)

5-11 Dominic Rhodes: okay one of them made it back. While I like Addai, I

don't think the Colts hand him the keys and Rhodes has a chance to

retain a firm grip on the job with a good start.

6-4 Fred Taylor: amazed that he is still here - yes there is the injury concern

but the upside with a pick here of a good starting RB on a tough team

is worth the pick - downside for me is him having the same bye week

as Rhodes, but RB 4/5 can take care of that

7-11 Marion Barber: another player that shouldn't have fallen this far in my

opinion, as he could end up being RB1 in Dallas; but even as the backup

has good value for me as RB4

8-4 Trent Green: in normal formats I generally wait even longer for QB1, but

Green is solid and I can't afford to start QB 16 as my number one, but

with a solid if not sexy QB1, the format will allow me to mix in other QB

with upside much later in the draft

9-11 Braylon Edwards: not sure how much of a reach this was - I know that he

might not start until week 7, but he will be the #1 receiver on the Browns

and he might get back earlier - but to team with Holt and Ward, I can live

with half a season of his production

10-4 Justin McCareins: this might have been my worst pick of the draft - of

course he might play well as WR4 too - the QB situation there is a mess

and none of us know what will happen, but McCareins has the skills

11-11 Charlie Frye: I know most don't think as much of him as I do, but you

guys are putting pressure on the QB choices and I detest some of the

other choices. Thought I would have better choices here, but they were

taken

12-4 Chicago Bears DST: hard to believe there are a couple of DS off the

boards and the Bears aren't one of them. Besides they play in a terrible

division. There are a host of decent WR choices that will be available

much later, so maybe this will pressure some - if not I am going to

pair them up next time

13-11 New York Giants DST: if they were still here, I said I was going to take

them. In this format I would prefer to have three DS, but with short

rosters that won't be prudent. Easier to take two of the top five DS

14-4 Corey Bradford: yeah I know he isn't even on some cheatsheets, but

right now has a solid chance to be the WR2 for the Lions and in a Mike

Martz offense that is some upside for WR5 - plus he has a nonduplicated

bye week with my other receivers

15-11 Leonard Pope: unless I had burned a much earlier pick for a backup TE

I was going to have to take a shot. Since I think Heap will be the nuts, I

like Pope's upside - he has great size and speed and could be a great

target for Warner - esp if that O line is not improved

16-4 Jeff Reed: solid kicker with good bye week for me (want both to be

playing in the couple of weeks I have overlap in scoring positions

17-11 Rian Lindell: if you had started the season with him last year he would

have put you way ahead of the curve and then you could have replaced

him - don't think a lot has changed except they will have an easier

schedule - the offense is still sub par giving him extra chances

18-4 Last pick - could use a WR6 and there are a few I think will produce, BUT

they also have problems and I am going to take a different shot which

hopefully will give me extra points in three or four weeks

Matt Leinart - will be ready whenever Warner goes down.

QB - T. Green, Frye, Leinart = B- -

Could be better if Leinart is ready if/when or if Green has a top 10 season

RB - R. Johnson, D. Rhodes, F. Taylor, M. Barber = B

Will be much higher if Fragile Fred is the starter in Jax

WR - Holt, Ward, Edwards, McCareins, Bradford = B+

Assuming Edwards plays 10+games and Bradford is WR2

TE - Heap, Pope - B+

K - Reed, Lindell = B

DS - Bears, Giants = A+

Overall Team gets a solid B and could be a top team if above average scoring from QB and RB.

Looking forward to a great season of smack and giggles with you guys :thumbup:

1.2 LT - No explanation needed here.

2.13 J Jones - Really wanted an elite WR here, but the surefire elite WRs were somewhat surprisingly gone. There were a few good RB options here. I drafted Jones because I thought I could also draft Barber later. Turns out I waited too late to grab Barber. These drafts have shown that Jones owners have to pay too high a price for Barber.

3.2 Djax - Djax seemed to be the best top 10 WR left on the board at this point.

4.13 Dillon - It s rare in these drafts that I draft 3 starting RBs. I may have 3 good options with Dillon on my team. Dillon also is insurance of sorts re: J. Jones if (when) Jones gets hurt or surpassed by Barber.

5.2 R. Smith - I know Walker is the more exciting pick, but my money is on R. Smith to either outproduce him or equal Walker's numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if Smith's numbers go up ever so slightly from last year, even.

6.13 Delhomme - S Smith + Key = #####. I also believe Drew Carter will emerge as a very dangerous #3 WR this year. With more stability at RB, Delhomme should have a great season this year.

7.2 Cooley - This year perhaps not a good as last year due to additional WRs, but also consider that Cooley is still very young. I am counting on him to be a top 7 TE in this format.

8.13 Bruce - Underrated, and Holt can't catch them all. It was my design to draft him in tandem with Curtis.

9.2 Curtis - See Bruce above. The Bruce/Curtis combo is unconventional, but together, I think they put up #2 WR numbers for my team. The talk about St. Louis running the ball more doesn't scare me off. When you think about it, don't most teams who favor the pass usually talk about how they will run the ball more next season? Conversely, don't most teams to favor the run usually talk about opening up the offense? The prophecies simply don't come true most of the time.

10.13 Hilton - I believe in Cooley, but I want the TE position to be a major strength, and Hilton was an intriguing pick. I don't expect stable production from him, but I see a few big weeks.

11.2 Kitna - Delhomme is pretty steady, and I wanted a QB with major big game potential. I figure a Martz QB gives me that.

12.13 G. Jones - could end up starting a good number of games, or at least contributing in a considerable role.

13.2 J. Feely - didn't know Rackers was still available.

14.13 Bradley - depends on recovery from the ACL injury, but if healthy, seemed to show talent before he got hurt. The addition of Griese gives me confidence in the Bears WRs.

15.2 Turner - didn't really want 5 WRs, and maybe should have taken another WR here, but couldn't pass up the cheap LT insurance.

16.13 Pats - rebound.

17.2 Hanson - confidence in Martz offense to move the ball, but not to score tons of TDs.

18.13 Price - I don't really expect a lot, but why not take the gamble with the last pick, which for a while I didn't know that I would have?

Here are my grades:

QB: Delhomme, Kitna (B+)

RB: LT, JJones, Dillon, G. Jones, Turner (A- , would be an A if had Barber)

WR: Djax, RSmith, Bruce, Curtis, Bradley, Price (B- , risk/reward in St. Louis, risk with Bradley and Price)

TE: Cooley, Hilton (A- , good combo)

K: Feely, Hanson (?)

D: Pats (?)

Overall, I give my team a B+. My WR is my biggest weakness, but I worry about these WRs less in this H2H format than I would in an SSL.

BTW, there are 3 spots available in this free FBG league, which features SSL rules and a very challenging starting lineup: FBG League

It would be great to have anyone here in that league!

1.03 - Shaun Alexander - imo the safest choice of the big 3 this year.

2.12 - Reuben Droughns - It was between Droughns and JJ here. I went with the one that doesn't have a backup breathing down his neck. I think he will be a solid top 10-15 back.

3.03 - Reggie Bush - perhaps a tad early, but I wanted a big time ppr back and I think he could easily post westbrook like numbers this season. I was planning on DJax here but Frank grabbed him. Also considered. Foster and Chambers.

4.12 - T.J. Houshmanzadeh - Seriously considered grabbing Dillon here, but Cou;dnt pull the trigger on 4 RB's in 4 rounds. TJ's stats have increased every season as a pro and I believe he will hit 1k yards this season depending on when Palmer returns. I was hoping that Horn, Galloway, or Smith would make it back around to me, but...

5.03 - Eddie Kennison - None of the 3 I wanted made it back to me here. I felt really lost with this pick because I know I needed to take another WR, but there wasn't any value. I feel this was way early for Kennison, but my only other real option was QB and I never take one this early. I considered Crumpler and Hasselbeck, both of which would have been sexier picks, but I had to go with need here.

6.12 - Brett Favre - after watching a bunch of QB's go off the board that I had ranked lower than Brett, I grabbed him here. With no negative points for INT's Favre is a top 10 QB

7.03 - LJ Smith - Got the TE I was targeting all along and was very happy to get him this late. In 2 PPR I have him as top 5.

8.12 - Joe Jurevicius - I knew I was going WR\WR at this turn. I think I got a steal here. If Braylon is out longer than expected I can see top 20-25 numbers here for the cost of WR40. Despite what Twilight thinks, I'm pretty confident that Joe outproduces Dennis Northcutt.

9.03 - Mark Clayton - I'm locking onto this guy in nearly every draft this year. I see a pro bowl caliber season for him.

10.12 - Mark Brunell - Was hoping for Mcnair to drop here to double up with Clayton but Twilight snagged him. Washington's Offense is going to be big this year and if Brunell can hang on to the starting job, I think he definitely outproduces QB24. Considered Kitna and Simms also.

11.03 - Brandon Lloyd - Doubled up with Brunell. Will be a big red zone target if he doesn't duck any more passes thrown to him.

12.12 - Cedrick Wilson - Pretty confident that he holds on the the WR2 job, especially with Holmes' off the field issues.

13.03 - Duce Staley - Wanted Greg Jones, considered Moats, Cobbs, and Faulk. Went with this year's Bus. Unless of course Humes takes that role. Side note: I'm kind of surprised that Cobbs went undrafted.

14.12 - Cincinnati D - will score a lot of points in this format.

15.03 - Marcus Pollard - reeeeaaaalllly wanted Kinney here, but just lost out on him. Martz hasn't traditionally used a TE much, but he hasn't had one with Pollards talent and knack for the endzone. Will be a fine backup for LJ's bye.

16.12 - Nate Kaeding - solid Kicker, yada yada

17.03 - Arizona D - will be much improved this year.

18.12 - Greg Jennings - Again considered Cobbs here, but thought a 7th WR was more important than a WR5. Jennings will be WR2 in GB at some point this season when Ferguson gets injured again. Should be a nice double with Favre.

I feel pretty good about my team, it's hard not to when you get a top 3 pick. My WR corp has no studs but the depth and only 1 bye week double (giving me at least 6 scoring opportunities every week but 6) should easily produce 3 decent scores each week.

my RB crew is top 2 in the league with Frank's squad.

I got a bargain with LJ in the 7th. Easily a top 10 TE.

D's - got 2 solid ones

K- went with only 1 kicker with an early bye week and only 1 other player off week 3.

I happened to get the #3 slot in my upcoming No Mercy draft as well, so this one helped a great deal.

I'd love it if anyone could provide insight on what they would have done with the 5.03 Kennison pick

out for vacation til wednesday

Looking forward to a great season of smack and giggles with you guys :thumbup:
I choose "CliffNotes" version, Hook, as I feel most commentary on a pick-by-pick basis can be a bit much...I like looking at an owners group of players, by position, and try to see what he was trying to accomplish as opposed to wanting a blow-by-blow from each round---the reads can be alittle long in this format, when trying to digest 14 owners dropping several lines on each of the 18 rounds! :loco:

Looking forward to a great season of smack and giggles with you guys  :thumbup:
I choose "CliffNotes" version, Hook, as I feel most commentary on a pick-by-pick basis can be a bit much...I like looking at an owners group of players, by position, and try to see what he was trying to accomplish as opposed to wanting a blow-by-blow from each round---the reads can be alittle long in this format, when trying to digest 14 owners dropping several lines on each of the 18 rounds! :loco:
I like both formats. I really enjoy all the discussion and interaction. So, bring on the comments.

I will reserve my commentary until a list of all of the teams is available. Twilight's list is almost complete but is missing a few rounds. Unless there is a place I'm missing that has all final rosters.

1.03 - Shaun Alexander - imo the safest choice of the big 3 this year.

2.12 - Reuben Droughns - It was between Droughns and JJ here. I went with the one that doesn't have a backup breathing down his neck. I think he will be a solid top 10-15 back.

3.03 - Reggie Bush - perhaps a tad early, but I wanted a big time ppr back and I think he could easily post westbrook like numbers this season. I was planning on DJax here but Frank grabbed him. Also considered. Foster and Chambers.

4.12 - T.J. Houshmanzadeh - Seriously considered grabbing Dillon here, but Cou;dnt pull the trigger on 4 RB's in 4 rounds. TJ's stats have increased every season as a pro and I believe he will hit 1k yards this season depending on when Palmer returns. I was hoping that Horn, Galloway, or Smith would make it back around to me, but...

5.03 - Eddie Kennison - None of the 3 I wanted made it back to me here. I felt really lost with this pick because I know I needed to take another WR, but there wasn't any value. I feel this was way early for Kennison, but my only other real option was QB and I never take one this early. I considered Crumpler and Hasselbeck, both of which would have been sexier picks, but I had to go with need here.

6.12 - Brett Favre - after watching a bunch of QB's go off the board that I had ranked lower than Brett, I grabbed him here. With no negative points for INT's Favre is a top 10 QB

7.03 - LJ Smith - Got the TE I was targeting all along and was very happy to get him this late. In 2 PPR I have him as top 5.

8.12 - Joe Jurevicius - I knew I was going WR\WR at this turn. I think I got a steal here. If Braylon is out longer than expected I can see top 20-25 numbers here for the cost of WR40. Despite what Twilight thinks, I'm pretty confident that Joe outproduces Dennis Northcutt.

9.03 - Mark Clayton - I'm locking onto this guy in nearly every draft this year. I see a pro bowl caliber season for him.

10.12 - Mark Brunell - Was hoping for Mcnair to drop here to double up with Clayton but Twilight snagged him. Washington's Offense is going to be big this year and if Brunell can hang on to the starting job, I think he definitely outproduces QB24. Considered Kitna and Simms also.

11.03 - Brandon Lloyd - Doubled up with Brunell. Will be a big red zone target if he doesn't duck any more passes thrown to him.

12.12 - Cedrick Wilson - Pretty confident that he holds on the the WR2 job, especially with Holmes' off the field issues.

13.03 - Duce Staley - Wanted Greg Jones, considered Moats, Cobbs, and Faulk. Went with this year's Bus. Unless of course Humes takes that role. Side note: I'm kind of surprised that Cobbs went undrafted.

14.12 - Cincinnati D - will score a lot of points in this format.

15.03 - Marcus Pollard - reeeeaaaalllly wanted Kinney here, but just lost out on him. Martz hasn't traditionally used a TE much, but he hasn't had one with Pollards talent and knack for the endzone. Will be a fine backup for LJ's bye.

16.12 - Nate Kaeding - solid Kicker, yada yada

17.03 - Arizona D - will be much improved this year.

18.12 - Greg Jennings - Again considered Cobbs here, but thought a 7th WR was more important than a WR5. Jennings will be WR2 in GB at some point this season when Ferguson gets injured again. Should be a nice double with Favre.

I feel pretty good about my team, it's hard not to when you get a top 3 pick. My WR corp has no studs but the depth and only 1 bye week double (giving me at least 6 scoring opportunities every week but 6) should easily produce 3 decent scores each week.

my RB crew is top 2 in the league with Frank's squad.

I got a bargain with LJ in the 7th. Easily a top 10 TE.

D's - got 2 solid ones

K- went with only 1 kicker with an early bye week and only 1 other player off week 3.

I happened to get the #3 slot in my upcoming No Mercy draft as well, so this one helped a great deal.

I'd love it if anyone could provide insight on what they would have done with the 5.03 Kennison pick

out for vacation til wednesday
See bold red above. I continually felt this way. I believe that several of us were surprised by the timeliness and frequency at which the WRs went off the board. In several rounds, I would target a group of three or four, any of which I would have been happy with, only to see them all taken.Considering your Kennison pick, following that pick, there were 6 QBs, 3 RBs, 1 TE, and 1 WR in the next 11 picks so we all agreed with you that the WR value was missing. Now whether any of those would have included Kennison or not, I can't say. I definitely would have considered him at 5.13, my next pick.

Pimpin Ain't Easy

06.14 QB13 Michael Vick Atl/5

09.01 QB28 Daunte Culpepper Mia/8

18.14 QB38 Matt Schaub Atl/5

01.01 RB1 Larry Johnson KC/3

02.14 RB22 Willis McGahee Buf/8

11.01 RB50 T.J. Duckett Atl/5

14.14 RB96 Michael Bennett NO/7

05.01 WR28 Joey Galloway TB/4

07.01 WR31 Reggie Brown Phi/9

04.14 WR33 Joe Horn NO/7

12.14 WR50 Michael Jenkins Atl/5

08.14 WR66 Nate Burleson Sea/5

10.14 WR87 Ashley Lelie Den/4

03.01 TE4 Jeremy Shockey NYG/4

15.01 TE19 Erron Kinney Ten/7

17.01 PK18 Ryan Longwell Min/6

16.14 DEF17 Philadelphia Phi/9

13.01 DEF22 Dallas Dal/3

Millennium Presents Frank Black

06.13 QB7 Jake Delhomme Car/9

11.02 QB22 Jon Kitna Det/8

01.02 RB2 LaDainian Tomlinson SD/3

02.13 RB15 Julius Jones Dal/3

04.13 RB28 Corey Dillon NE/6

12.13 RB48 Greg Jones Jac/6

15.02 RB70 Michael Turner SD/3

03.02 WR12 Darrell Jackson Sea/5

05.02 WR20 Rod Smith Den/4

09.02 WR43 Kevin Curtis StL/7

08.13 WR47 Isaac Bruce StL/7

14.13 WR63 Mark Bradley Chi/7

18.13 WR68 Peerless Price Buf/8

07.02 TE10 Chris Cooley Was/8

10.13 TE20 Zach Hilton NO/7

13.02 PK5 Jay Feely NYG/4

17.02 PK17 Jason Hanson Det/8

16.13 DEF29 New England NE/6

Valence

06.12 QB9 Brett Favre GB/6

10.12 QB23 Mark Brunell Was/8

01.03 RB3 Shaun Alexander Sea/5

02.12 RB17 Reuben Droughns Cle/6

03.03 RB21 Reggie Bush NO/7

13.03 RB49 Duce Staley Pit/4

04.12 WR17 T.J. Houshmandzadeh Cin/5

05.03 WR23 Eddie Kennison KC/3

08.12 WR36 Joe Jurevicius Cle/6

11.03 WR45 Brandon Lloyd Was/8

09.03 WR51 Mark Clayton Bal/7

12.12 WR55 Cedrick Wilson Pit/4

18.12 WR86 Greg Jennings GB/6

07.03 TE13 L.J. Smith Phi/9

15.03 TE36 Marcus Pollard Det/8

16.12 PK14 Nate Kaeding SD/3

14.12 DEF8 Cincinnati Cin/5

17.03 DEF10 Arizona Ari/9

Family Matters

05.04 QB14 Carson Palmer Cin/5

10.11 QB18 Philip Rivers SD/3

18.11 QB37 Anthony Wright Cin/5

01.04 RB4 Tiki Barber NYG/4

03.04 RB16 DeShaun Foster Car/9

15.04 RB42 Kevin Faulk NE/6

04.11 RB43 Cedric Benson Chi/7

02.11 WR7 Marvin Harrison Ind/6

06.11 WR29 Terry Glenn Dal/3

08.11 WR39 Koren Robinson Min/6

12.11 WR58 Eric Parker SD/3

11.04 WR59 Amani Toomer NYG/4

17.04 WR72 Doug Gabriel Oak/3

07.04 TE8 Ben Watson NE/6

09.04 TE12 Jerramy Stevens Sea/5

14.11 PK6 Lawrence Tynes KC/3

16.11 PK7 Matt Stover Bal/7

13.04 DEF4 Indianapolis Ind/6

grouse

05.05 QB3 Donovan McNabb Phi/9

10.10 QB24 David Carr Hou/5

01.05 RB11 Edgerrin James Ari/9

02.10 RB19 Willie Parker Pit/4

03.05 RB27 Jamal Lewis Bal/7

14.10 RB57 Verron Haynes Pit/4

04.10 WR13 Deion Branch NE/6

06.10 WR27 Lee Evans Buf/8

07.05 WR30 Donte Stallworth NO/7

09.05 WR41 Samie Parker KC/3

08.10 WR53 Antonio Bryant SF/7

12.10 WR60 Brandon Stokley Ind/6

11.05 TE21 Jeb Putzier Hou/5

15.05 TE24 Desmond Clark Chi/7

13.05 TE41 Marcedes Lewis Jac/6

18.10 PK26 Phil Dawson Cle/6

16.10 DEF11 Atlanta Atl/5

17.05 DEF21 Buffalo Buf/8

ShadowMaster

02.09 QB1 Peyton Manning Ind/6

05.06 QB4 Matt Hasselbeck Sea/5

01.06 RB5 Clinton Portis Was/8

03.06 RB18 Chester Taylor Min/6

08.09 RB35 Mewelde Moore Min/6

16.09 RB51 Mike Alstott TB/4

14.09 RB65 Ladell Betts Was/8

18.09 RB118 Priest Holmes KC/3

04.09 WR19 Javon Walker Den/4

09.06 WR26 Ernest Wilford Jac/6

07.06 WR34 Keenan McCardell SD/3

12.09 WR57 Robert Ferguson GB/6

13.06 WR64 Greg Lewis Phi/9

15.06 WR85 Santonio Holmes Pit/4

06.09 TE6 Jason Witten Dal/3

11.06 PK1 Adam Vinatieri Ind/6

17.06 PK16 Olindo Mare Mia/8

10.09 DEF1 Carolina Car/9

Jeff Pasquino

04.08 QB2 Tom Brady NE/6

11.07 QB20 Chris Simms TB/4

01.07 RB6 LaMont Jordan Oak/3

05.07 RB31 Joseph Addai Ind/6

15.07 RB44 Michael Pittman TB/4

08.08 RB52 LenDale White Ten/7

02.08 WR6 Anquan Boldin Ari/9

03.07 WR8 Chris Chambers Mia/8

07.07 WR32 Keyshawn Johnson Car/9

12.08 WR42 Bobby Engram Sea/5

09.07 WR49 David Givens Ten/7

13.07 WR70 Reche Caldwell NE/6

06.08 TE7 Randy McMichael Mia/8

10.08 TE17 Jermaine Wiggins Min/6

16.08 PK11 Mike Vanderjagt Dal/3

17.07 PK15 Josh Scobee Jac/6

14.08 DEF15 Miami Mia/8

18.08 DEF23 San Francisco Ind/6

Twilight

05.08 QB5 Eli Manning NYG/4

10.07 QB25 Steve McNair Ten/7

01.08 RB7 Steven Jackson StL/7

03.08 RB20 Warrick Dunn Atl/5

15.08 RB46 Cedric Houston NYJ/9

07.08 RB53 Laurence Maroney NE/6

17.08 RB112 Jerious Norwood Atl/5

02.07 WR11 Randy Moss Oak/3

04.07 WR22 Andre Johnson Hou/5

06.07 WR37 Matt Jones Jac/6

12.07 WR61 Travis Taylor Min/6

11.08 WR69 Chad Jackson NE/6

13.08 WR81 Dennis Northcutt Cle/6

08.07 TE16 Vernon Davis SF/7

09.08 TE18 Heath Miller Pit/4

14.07 PK9 Neil Rackers Ari/9

16.07 DEF13 Washington Was/8

18.07 DEF28 Cleveland Cle/6

Chaz

06.06 QB11 Jake Plummer Den/4

08.06 QB21 Kurt Warner Ari/9

01.09 RB9 Ronnie Brown Mia/8

02.06 RB12 Kevin Jones Det/8

05.09 RB26 Ron Dayne Den/4

10.06 RB55 Brandon Jacobs NYG/4

03.09 WR14 Reggie Wayne Ind/6

04.06 WR21 Santana Moss Was/8

07.09 WR52 Michael Clayton TB/4

11.09 WR73 Arnaz Battle SF/7

17.09 WR83 Jabar Gaffney Phi/9

09.09 TE9 Ben Troupe Ten/7

14.06 TE23 Bubba Franks GB/6

15.09 PK2 Shayne Graham Cin/5

16.06 PK13 Jeff Wilkins StL/7

12.06 DEF6 Tampa Bay TB/4

13.09 DEF9 Jacksonville Jac/6

18.06 DEF24 Tennessee Ten/7

Radballs

07.10 QB8 Aaron Brooks Oak/3

12.05 QB27 Brad Johnson Min/6

01.10 RB8 Brian Westbrook Phi/9

06.05 RB34 Chris Brown Ten/7

10.05 RB40 Mike Anderson Bal/7

08.05 RB47 DeAngelo Williams Car/9

13.10 RB56 Ryan Moats Phi/9

02.05 WR5 Terrell Owens Dal/3

03.10 WR9 Donald Driver GB/6

04.05 WR16 Derrick Mason Bal/7

09.10 WR44 Eric Moulds Hou/5

14.05 WR46 Mike Williams Det/8

05.10 TE5 Alge Crumpler Atl/5

11.10 TE15 Alex Smith TB/4

16.05 PK12 John Kasay Car/9

17.10 PK23 Sebastian Janikowski Oak/3

15.10 DEF14 Seattle Sea/5

18.05 DEF20 Kansas City KC/3

Capt hook

08.04 QB10 Trent Green KC/3

11.11 QB26 Charlie Frye Cle/6

18.04 QB41 Matt Leinart Ari/9

01.11 RB10 Rudi Johnson Cin/5

05.11 RB24 Dominic Rhodes Ind/6

06.04 RB30 Fred Taylor Jac/6

07.11 RB41 Marion Barber III Dal/3

02.04 WR3 Torry Holt StL/7

03.11 WR10 Hines Ward Pit/4

10.04 WR38 Justin McCareins NYJ/9

09.11 WR75 Braylon Edwards Cle/6

14.04 WR129 Corey Bradford Det/8

04.04 TE3 Todd Heap Bal/7

15.11 TE63 Leonard Pope Ari/9

16.04 PK8 Jeff Reed Pit/4

17.11 PK19 Rian Lindell Buf/8

12.04 DEF2 Chicago Chi/7

13.11 DEF7 NY Giants NYG/4

ravnzfan

09.12 QB17 Drew Brees NO/7

10.03 QB19 Byron Leftwich Jac/6

03.12 RB23 Thomas Jones Chi/7

06.03 RB29 Frank Gore SF/7

07.12 RB33 Chris Perry Cin/5

08.03 RB39 Kevan Barlow SF/7

15.12 RB45 Alvin Pearman Jac/6

02.03 WR2 Larry Fitzgerald Ari/9

04.03 WR15 Plaxico Burress NYG/4

05.12 WR24 Muhsin Muhammad Chi/7

11.12 WR56 Reggie Williams Jac/6

13.12 WR67 Antwaan Randle El Was/8

01.12 TE1 Antonio Gates SD/3

18.03 TE22 Eric Johnson SF/7

14.03 PK3 Jason Elam Den/4

16.03 PK10 David Akers Phi/9

12.03 DEF5 Baltimore Bal/7

17.12 DEF12 Minnesota Min/6

rzrback77

05.13 QB6 Drew Bledsoe Dal/3

11.13 QB16 Billy Volek Ten/7

15.13 QB29 Alex Smith SF/7

01.13 RB13 Cadillac Williams TB/4

02.02 RB14 Domanick Davis Hou/5

06.02 RB38 Ahman Green GB/6

04.02 WR18 Roy Williams Det/8

08.02 WR35 Jerry Porter Oak/3

07.13 WR40 Drew Bennett Ten/7

09.13 WR48 Roddy White Atl/5

12.02 WR54 Marty Booker Mia/8

14.02 WR65 Sinorice Moss NYG/4

16.02 WR74 Drew Carter Car/9

13.13 WR79 Troy Williamson Min/6

03.13 TE2 Tony Gonzalez KC/3

17.13 PK25 John Hall Was/8

10.02 DEF3 Pittsburgh Pit/4

18.02 DEF26 San Diego SD/3

Team Legacy

05.14 QB12 Marc Bulger StL/7

09.14 QB15 Ben Roethlisberger Pit/4

03.14 RB25 Tatum Bell Den/4

04.01 RB32 Deuce McAllister NO/7

08.01 RB36 Curtis Martin NYJ/9

11.14 RB37 Samkon Gado GB/6

12.01 RB60 Travis Henry Ten/7

02.01 WR1 Chad Johnson Cin/5

01.14 WR4 Steve Smith Car/9

06.01 WR25 Laveranues Coles NYJ/9

15.14 WR76 Todd Pinkston Phi/9

13.14 WR78 Charles Rogers Det/8

07.14 TE11 Kellen Winslow Jr Cle/6

10.01 TE14 Dallas Clark Ind/6

16.01 PK4 Josh Brown Sea/5

18.01 PK29 Mike Nugent NYJ/9

17.14 DEF16 NY Jets NYJ/9

14.01 DEF25 Denver Den/4

I will reserve my commentary until a list of all of the teams is available. Twilight's list is almost complete but is missing a few rounds. Unless there is a place I'm missing that has all final rosters.
Forgot to upload. It's now complete on site as well.

I think that this was a very balanced draft all around. My believe is that the top three (LJ, LT, SA) and whichever team gets Portis have a substantial advantage this year. So, my first look is at those four teams.

PAE got LJ and that is my top choice as well. He backed him up with three others that I am not keen on however. Willis should get good scoring consistently though and teaming with LJ makes a solid position. I am not enamored with his WRs either, although taking six was a good step. He has two weeks where he will only have four to achieve three scores so he is a good bet to get a couple of low scores those two weeks. I like the remainder of his squad and expect him to finish in the top half at least.

Frank Black has a five man stable at RB, but has two very bad weeks. He should get good complimenatry scoring to LT from Dillon, JJones, and possibly GJones, but his use of five at RB limits his depth elsewhere. He also has 6 WRs, but beyond RSmith and DJackson, again not my favorite group. I fear the tandem of Curtis and Bruce, with the potential of the Rams increasing their running game. DJackson and Bradley come off injuries and PPrice in Buffalo doesn't add much for me. Overall weakness at WR. Delhomme and Kitna seem lower half of the league to me. Kitna could come up huge, but he could lose the starting gig. Kicker and TE solid, but I wouldn't like having the Pats solo. I foresee a 7-6 type record.

I really like Valence's RBs, SA, Droughns, and RBush. I probably wouldn't have added Staley, but he also has potential. Excellent WR group, without studs. I see the top six scoring consistently and he added Jennings who could come on for the Pack. I love LJSmith, Favre, the defense committee, and a nice kicker. I like Arizona for excellent value defense this year. I see Valence as top three squad.

I was amazed that Portis slipped to sixth. Shadow's RBs are awesome. I would be content with Portis, CTaylor and Moore. He adds Betts, Priest and Alstott. If Holmes plays its gravy, but I don't think he needed it. I'll be surprised if Alstott score counts for him, but you never know. At QB, he is awesome. Again potential overkill, but he should have this position covered. I like his top three WRs, Walker, McCardell, and Wilford, if Walker is healthy. Wilford and the Jags have a tough schedule and that team loves to run. The other three I just don't think give him value. I'll be very surprised if he gets consistent scoring from any of Ferguson, San Holmes, or GLewis. The rest of the team is great and he should finish top half also.

The other teams that I like (in addition to Valence) are Jeff Pasquino, Family Matters, and radballs.

But the truth of the matter is that there are many teams capable of winning it all. The more I look the better I believe the overall draft was. I will be shocked if one team runs away with the title.

Should be close competition all through the season.

As for my draft...

QB: MANNING,ELI NYG 4

MCNAIR,STEVE BAL 7

There were a couple of QBs I would have been happy with when I picked Manning, but they have a much higher injury risk than Eli, so that is why I jumped on him in the 5th. I waited a touch too long on Brees and Leftwich. McNair will put up similar numbers to those two, but the injury risk is much higher, which is also why I passed on Brunell there.

RB: DUNN,WARRICK ATL 5

HOUSTON,CEDRIC NYJ 9

JACKSON,STEVEN STL 7

MARONEY,LAURENCE NE 6

NORWOOD,JERIOUS ATL 5

Jackson is solid, especially in PPR. Dunn is also very solid, but health will be the issue, hence the late pick on Norwood, who has a better shot at getting carries if Dunn gets down than the perna-doghouse Duckett. Maroney will get something this year, and Houston was the best backup availiable at the time, as I waited a touch too long on Turner Pittman who I had targeted as RB4s.

WR: JACKSON,CHAD NE 6

JOHNSON,ANDRE HOU 5

JONES,MATT JAX 6

MOSS,RANDY OAK 3

NORTHCUTT,DENNIS CLE 6

TAYLOR,TRAVIS MIN 6

Solid, if unremarkable, group, if week 6 bye heavy (Pae should get an easy win that week). Moss hopefully will have a bounceback year, AJ should improve over last year's joke. Went with talent to fill the Jax #1 void, jumping on Jones to avoid getting him snatched. Chad Jackson will be able to fit right in to the NE attack. But that just means very unstable production, just like all the other NE receivers.

TE: DAVIS,VERNON SF 7

MILLER,HEATH PIT 4

Figured I need a second decent TE with the Rook, hence the 8/9 picks.

PK: RACKERS,NEIL ARI 9

Def: CLEVELAND CLE 6

WASHINGTON WAS 8

And to my big question of the draft was the final round. 2nd D or 3rd QB. McNair's injury risk had me looking at it a lot, Grossman is a bit undervalued, IMO, but obviously a big injury risk. Drafting the 3rd QB would have lessened the chance to go QB-less, but how often would his points have probably come into play? Would it add 40-70 pts?

A second D does that in this format. Chicago/Jax(#1D,#10) added 39 pts to just Chicago. Carolina/Cinci(#2,#14) adds 40. Indy/NYG(#3,#4) added 62. (All these were in combo's from last year.) Now, FM won last year with 1 D(The #28 D), but the 3-4 pts per week can make a difference, and was, to me, the better option here.

As for Kickers, the boost is a lot smaller with 2 K's, around 15-25 pts, so I elected to pass on the 2nd K in order to solidify my RB's

Team Family Matters:

QB:

Palmer, Rivers, Wright: If Palmer is healthy then is a solid group. If he misses a couple of weeks I can overcome that as long as a Rivers performs ok because Wright will at least give me some scoring although not much. Plamer should be there for there for the playoffs if I make it.

RB:

Barber, Foster, Benson, Faulk: Tiki is a nice player in this format. Foster is the wildcard for sure. If he stays healthy and is good for the playoffs then this group could be potent. Benson should be the man in Chicago and could be a decend option for several weeks as bye weeks options and off weeks for my starters. Faulk can provide and emergency start or two as well. A decent group all in all.

WR:

Harrison, Glenn, KRob, Parker, Toomer, Gabriel: Collectively this can be a decent group. Harrison is the clear cut leader of the group and KRob is the key to the group succeeding. If KRob becomes the leader in Minny then this group might do well enough to contend for another championship. Parker might surprise while Toomer has been known to have some good games for the NYG. Gleen might benefit from TO's prence in Big D as well. I sure settle for another 850-900.

TE:

Watson and Stevens: This duo has the potential to be very solid. Oh that word, potential. It's so big and yet so far. It could be nice or devastating. With the lack of big play WR's in NE Watson might be the man Brady leans on this year and he can bring it. If so this team could be huge this year.

PK/D/ST:

Tynes,Stover,Indy: Solid group that score all day. Tynes is in a big score machine that will put up alot of points and Stover will put up alot of FG's. Indy will be looking for sacks and TO's all day in that D. So rock on my friends.

If a few players go my way this team can score well and maybe compete for a repeat. I'm not saying it'll happen but it can. There are 3 teams I like better for sure but you never know. Best of luck my freinds! :thumbup:

Jeff Pasquino

04.08 QB2 Tom Brady NE/6

14.08 DEF15 Miami Mia/8

This will take a long time to break down, especially if I go through every team, but I'll try to at least go over my team and what I was thinking at the time.

Quarterbacks:

04.08 QB2 Tom Brady NE/6

Really didn't plan on taking a QB in Round 4, but Brady was too big a value to pass on - not to mention his stability allowed me to really let my QB2 go for a while.

Simms at 11.07 was a scary experience. I saw Carr go off the board, then realized I could be screwed on the Week 6 bye issue if Simms went before my next pick. Probably should have gotten Carr or Simms in the 10th, but got a little lucky here.

I targeted Carr and Simms just because I know that they can both last and have no one looking over their shoulders. That helps in this format - last thing I need is one hurt QB and one benched come December.

GRADE: A-

Runningbacks:

I love LamJ this year, ESPECIALLY in PPR. I think he will be a Top 3 RB in receptions (LT2, Westy), and he has virtually no competition for the job. He is a lynchpin for the Raiders this year and will get the rock early and often all year.

Addai and White are two rooks with big upside. Frankly, sluffing off RB2 was a plan early on - you can't get total studs at every starter position - so RB2 had to take the "fall". Both rooks should get touches, especially Addai, and could committee for RB2 nicely.

Pittman has big upside. He put up big number 2 years ago, and he is still the leading RB receiver for TB. Solid vet with big-play cability (big for Survivor / best ball).

GRADE: B+ (with A-/A potential if a rookie starts)

Wide Receivers:

Planned WR/WR at the 2/3. Got nice talent with Boldin and Chambers - who should do well with CPep and if he catches more of those 150+ targets he gets each year.

Keyshawn is $$ for PPR, and should compliment SSmith in CAR well.

Givens is a solid WR, and Volek likes throwing to the outside. Joe Jur or Samie Parker were also targeted here.

Adding Engram in the 12th and Caldwell in the 13th for my 5th and 6th WRs were big values to me. With this group, I knew that I needed to be one of the first teams to 6WRs, which is key in this format.

GRADE: B+

Tight Ends:

LJ Smith vs. McMichael was a personal debate. I mentioned earlier that I like both a lot, but McMichael will about equal LJ this year, especially with the PPR x 2 here. The TDs are kinda arbitrary / random events, so as long as both were getting 50+ catches I knew they'd get yards and some scores.

The tiebreaker was that I thought LJ might slip (so much for that) and if he did there was an outside chance of me taking TE/TE at 6 and 7. Randy would not have lasted another round - I was right on that run coming.

Getting Wiggins later in the 10th was another good value. He'll also have 50+ catches, so if he gets his handful of TDs again I could post solid scores here.

I like this pair.

GRADE: A-

Kickers:

Ok, I was really surprised that Vandy didn't go as one of the first kickers. Early bye, good offense, etc. etc. Not that I mind - I'll take him - but I was surprised.

Josh Scobee is a straight-up Mike Herman pick. Not much more. Probably should have gone DEF2 here and waited another round, but oh well.

GRADE: A+ (but they are kickers)

Defenses:

14.08 DEF15 Miami Mia/8

This one upset me. Thanks Twilight. :rant:

I was poised to grab Cleveland as I figured NO ONE wanted them. Then grouse takes a 3rd D and Twilight grabs the Browns right before me - on a morning I had to run out of the house - and I freaked.

Yes, over DEF2. What can I say. I'm a FBG.

So I looked at the bye week for Miami - Week 8 - SF is playing Chicago. Not bad.

Then I look at the playoff schedule and the other bad weeks for Miami, and things really lined up well.

Weeks 5 and 14 needed major help. SF plays OAK in Week 5 and GB in Week 14. Now I knew my choice. I'll take the team facing the human INT machine in December - and yes both are in SF.

Go Niners. :X

GRADE: B

Overall, I like the team. I have a good starting QB and RB, and two solid WRs to lead the way. Top 5 K and a capable defense, and I can contend.

RB2 and WR3 are a bit iffy, but committee is the way to go here and I like my depth.

No major bye week issues, so I'm ready to go.

Sure I lost some talent along the way, as this was a very tight draft. I had to make some tradeoffs and go best value available often, especially from a middle pick. Granted I lost my DEF2 of choice, but if that's my biggest complaint I'm doing well.

OVERALL GRADE: A-

Solid, solid draft gentlemen. I hope I get time to add comments about all the teams, but for now, let's go.

Eagles camp opens in two weeks.

:football:

So I've been looking over these rosters for a couple of days now and I'll tell you what - right now it is anyones race. Nobody stands out to me as poised to dominate. On the flip side, nobody has the vultures perched either as everyone looks at least solid overall.

With that in mind, here are the squads that seemed to catch my eye over the others:

MPFB

Delhomme will be great with 2 solid WRs to use. Only conservative coach Fox can hold him back. Kitna is a great sleeper in Detroit. I like him to revive the Lions as much as Martz will. I LOVE this RB stable of LT, JJ, and Dillon. Dillon was a steal that late. G.Jones should add vulture TD gravy. I view this as one of the toughest groups in the league. I think the WRs are strong with a legitimate 1 in DJax, 2 in Smith, and 3 in the STL combo. The utility is also stong with Cooley, Feely, and NE.

Chaz

Plummer also now has 2 solid WRs to use. Warner has upside if healthy. Again, the RBs seem to give Chaz an edge with Ron Brown, KJ, Dayne, and Jacobs. If Ron Dayne starts and produces big, Chaz could run with the whole pie. WRs have enough, led by Wayne, Clayton, and Hurricane Santana. Solid utility players with Troupe, Ghraham, and TB.

In a bunch of solid teams, these two seem like the toughest of the bunch IMO. I'm a bit conservative, and I see less weakness here and less reliance on upside to produce in these two squads. Good job to all! It was near impossible for me to pick a favorite.

BIG NEWS GANG....

We just took the test this morning and its POSITIVE!!

We're expecting our second Lil' Legacy!!

Simon is going to be a BIG brother in about 8 months!

1st...congrats to Team Legacy on the addition to the squad---best of health to the Mrs and the little oneVBD training to commense in spring '07!

2nd...Vegas just called and is setting the under/over on TL's FF league total for the '07 season @ 7 1/2

make me proud, as I take the over...with all the faith you'll continue to be a GREAT Dad!

BIG NEWS GANG....

We just took the test this morning and its POSITIVE!!

We're expecting our second Lil' Legacy!!

Outstanding! My best to you and your wife! Looks like the "team" is rounding into shape. :D

ravnzfan

a buck-55 and Gates still going tonite!

how do you like me now Jeff! :D :banned:

So much for my super QB Duo is Peyton and Hass - :X

5 players tonight, but MPFB still has LT2 - so I'm not feeling fuzzy

Nice opening week ravnz!

It's always the teams that receive little fanfare that seem to do well in this competition :)

ravnzfan

Nice week one, for sure.

Pulled it out on some nice play from Chester Taylor to pace a rested LT2

96 - 95

Whhhhooooooooshhhhhh

That's gotta hurt Frankie

ravnzfan

Nice week one, for sure.
Kicked my butt for sure. That's gonna leave a mark. :X

I could hear the snickers and hisses on draft day when I took Edgerrin James ahead of Clinton Portis. Don't mind me, I'm just 2-0 :whistle:

Game on :football:

I gloat my 1 point win and it is followed up with a 1 point loss....... Karma

All that My Name is Earl and still I learn nothing.

I gloat my 1 point win and it is followed up with a 1 point loss....... Karma

All that My Name is Earl and still I learn nothing.
Well I'm not sating anything that's for sure. :bag:
Well, then what did I do to earn the Karmic penalty of 2 losses by 5 pts? :wall:
That's tough for sure. Usually these things have a way of working themsleves out over the year. I'm sure you'll get some of those back. :D

Users who are viewing this thread