What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Travis Hafner: 5 GS's before the all star break (1 Viewer)

mr blond

Footballguy
The record for grand slams in a season is 6 by Don Mattingly...Travis Hafner has 5 before the all star break. After Hafner was just walked after hitting that slam, the TV announcer said that Travis leads the league in walks, on-base percentage, slugging percentage, and the only way he'll be at the all star game is if he buys a ticket.

Huge snub

The record for grand slams in a season is 6 by Don Mattingly...Travis Hafner has 5 before the all star break. After Hafner was just walked after hitting that slam, the TV announcer said that Travis leads the league in walks, on-base percentage, slugging percentage, and the only way he'll be at the all star game is if he buys a ticket.

Huge snub
I'm sure major league players are allowed to watch for free if they want.

With Ozzie Guillen picking the All Star team, there was NO WAY Hafner was going to make it.

1st base is always the toughest position to crack for the All Star game. Especially in the AL with the DH.

Ortiz

Thome

Konerko

Hafner

Morneau

They are all having a great season.

With Ozzie Guillen picking the All Star team, there was NO WAY Hafner was going to make it.

1st base is always the toughest position to crack for the All Star game. Especially in the AL with the DH.

Ortiz

Thome

Konerko

Hafner

Morneau

It should have been:Konerko

Hafner

Morneau

DH's should not count as "Starters" in NL parks. But then again, baseball should completely do away with the DH, but that will never happen. The MLB player's union is the most powerful union on the planet, next to the NJ Teachers Union.

I've got news for you, Hafner is a DH. He has played about as many games at first as Ortiz this year.

I should have added Giambi to this list as well. Too many 1B that put up big numbers.

The bigger accomplishment from tonight's game was that Martinez actually caught someone stealing.

Ortiz

Thome

Konerko

Hafner

Morneau

Hafner

Morneau

DH's should not count as "Starters" in NL parks. But then again, baseball should completely do away with the DH, but that will never happen. The MLB player's union is the most powerful union on the planet, next to the NJ Teachers Union.
LOL, this is a horrible argument. Hafner has played 5 games there the last 2 years.

I'm a big Hafner fan, but the fact of the matter is he plays in a smaller market than Boston/Chicago.

Furthermore, if he hits a game winning HR in the ALCS and/or World Series like Konerko has, it'll go a long way.

....and of course we know how clutch Ortiz is - and he's had his share of HRs in the playoffs.

Give him time, and give him a first basemen's mitt once in awhile.

Hafner's snub I can understand because of the plethora of quality 1B in the AL.

Francisco Liriano's snub was a complete joke. If he played in New York, Boston, or Chicago, he would have been one of the leading vote getters. But, since he plays in a smaller market, baseball's fans flipped him the bird in favor of AJ "Punching Bag" Pierzynski. If AJ played in, say, Tampa Bay, he wouldn't have stood a snowball's chance in hell in making the All-star team, but because he plays in a big market, he's in.

That's what's wrong with the all-star voting. End of rant.

Francisco Liriano's snub was a complete joke. If he played in New York, Boston, or Chicago, he would have been one of the leading vote getters. But, since he plays in a smaller market, baseball's fans flipped him the bird in favor of AJ "Punching Bag" Pierzynski. If AJ played in, say, Tampa Bay, he wouldn't have stood a snowball's chance in hell in making the All-star team, but because he plays in a big market, he's in.

IMO, Liriano was snubbed because he plays for the Twins when the A.L. manager is from the White Sox and he picked his own players instead.

1. Hafner is the best 1B/DH right now in the AL.2. Fans don't vote for pitchers.

Francisco Liriano's snub was a complete joke.  If he played in New York, Boston, or Chicago, he would have been one of the leading vote getters.  But, since he plays in a smaller market, baseball's fans flipped him the bird in favor of AJ "Punching Bag" Pierzynski.  If AJ played in, say, Tampa Bay, he wouldn't have stood a snowball's chance in hell in making the All-star team, but because he plays in a big market, he's in.

That's what's wrong with the all-star voting.  End of rant.
IMO, Liriano was snubbed because he plays for the Twins when the A.L. manager is from the White Sox and he picked his own players instead.
There's an easy solution for Liriano. Win a World Series.

Francisco Liriano's snub was a complete joke.  If he played in New York, Boston, or Chicago, he would have been one of the leading vote getters.  But, since he plays in a smaller market, baseball's fans flipped him the bird in favor of AJ "Punching Bag" Pierzynski.  If AJ played in, say, Tampa Bay, he wouldn't have stood a snowball's chance in hell in making the All-star team, but because he plays in a big market, he's in.

1. Hafner is the best 1B/DH right now in the AL.2. Fans don't vote for pitchers.
2. Fans do vote for the "last man" on each squad and the fans voted for Pierzinski over Liriano. A stupid, stupid vote.

Tell that to A-Rod.

How's a rookie supposed to win a World Series before the All-Star break? :drive:

It should have been:

Konerko

Hafner

Morneau

:lmao: okayYou can rail against the DH all you want, but Ortiz leads the league in HR and RBI including multiple walk off shots already this year.... all while also being one of the most popular players in the league (if not the most popular).

He deserves the slot.

1st base is always the toughest position to crack for the All Star game.  Especially in the AL with the DH.

Ortiz

Thome

Konerko

Hafner

Morneau

Hafner

Morneau

LOL, this is a horrible argument. Hafner has played 5 games there the last 2 years.
:lmao: wait.. you thought ThisGuy's arguements were well founded? New Here?

]
It should have been:

Konerko

Hafner

Morneau

DH's should not count as "Starters" in NL parks.  But then again, baseball should completely do away with the DH, but that will never happen.  The MLB player's union is the most powerful union on the planet, next to the NJ Teachers Union.
:lmao: okayYou can rail against the DH all you want, but Ortiz leads the league in HR and RBI including multiple walk off shots already this year.... all while also being one of the most popular players in the league (if not the most popular).

He deserves the slot.
David Ortiz and Derek Jeter should receive lifetime passes to play in the All-Star game. It just wouldn't feel right if either of them weren't there, being that they are the two best clutch hitters in all of baseball.Sorry, I don't have stats to back that up. I'm basing it on the antiquated notion that I always see them come through in big spots. :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread