What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Piazza and Rodriguez HOFers? (1 Viewer)

Do Piazza and I-Rod get in the HOF?

• Yes, both of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just Ivan Rodriguez

• Just Mike Piazza

• No to both

• Total voters

David Yudkin

Footballguy
I-Rod:

13 All Star Games

1 MVP

1 World Series title

11 Gold Gloves

7 Silver Slugger Awards

.304 lifetime average

271 HR

1,089 RBI

107 SB

.828 OPS

Piazza:

12 All Star Games

10 Silver Slugger Awards

.310 lifetime average

408 HR

1,259 RBI

.933 OPS

Of course.
I had a discussion with someone the other day who insisted that Piazza was a 1B or DH masquerading as a catcher and had no business being considered for the HOF. I said he was nuts, but he insisted that in the era of baseball we are in offensive numbers are so inflated that Piazza's stats were not in line with some of the other huge numbers out there.

Of course.
I had a discussion with someone the other day who insisted that Piazza was a 1B or DH masquerading as a catcher and had no business being considered for the HOF. I said he was nuts, but he insisted that in the era of baseball we are in offensive numbers are so inflated that Piazza's stats were not in line with some of the other huge numbers out there.
Ah, so all those years behind the plate, I was imagining?Yeah, he couldn't throw out a ton of baserunners...but any geek knows, SBs are one of the most overrated stats in baseball.

I voted yes to both, but Piazza is just a DH that plays catcher. His defense has hurt his team for years, so a case could easily be made for Piazza not making it.

edit: I'm not the one that will be making the case against Piazza.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted yes to both, but Piazza is just a DH that plays catcher. His defense has hurt his team for years, so a case could easily be made for Piazza not making it.

edit: I'm not the one that will be making the case against Piazza.
If he was a DH, you'd have a case, but the fact remains he put up those numbers while crouching behind the plate all of those years. Defense aside, he's a sure-fire. As is Ivan...unless we learn something about his "diet"

and I didn't realize that all that qualifies a catcher as being good defensively is his ability to throw out runners.

Piazza called a great game, working his pitching staff well, and was a bull at plays to the plate. I'll take a rock at home plate with a runner coming home anytime over someone whose % of throwing out runners sucks.

The SB's were way overblown.

Both will easily fly into the HOF, and deservedly so. And I'm one of the harshest critics about who should enter the HOF around.

Unless one of them fail a drug test, they're locks.

...and even if they fail - they're probably locks.

The bobblehead formerly known as I-Rod is still playing at a pretty good clip. Good thing he lost those 30 pounds of muscle to take the strain off his knees. ;)

Piazza is in. Most Hr's as a catcher. Greatest hitting catcher ever.

I-Rod should be in. 300 Hr's and keeping his BA over .300 will make his resume complete.

Users who are viewing this thread