What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ANARCHY LEAGUE 1 (1 Viewer)

joffer said:
1.07 7 LHUCKS Jordan, Lamont OAK RB Sun Aug 6 5:34:26 p.m. ET 2006
still can't believe i got him at 1.14 in Anarchy II :pickle:
well, he's not tremendous value there but he was the safest bet IMHO. Almost took another player that probably would've surprised quite a few.

joffer said:
1.07 7 LHUCKS Jordan, Lamont OAK RB Sun Aug 6 5:34:26 p.m. ET 2006
still can't believe i got him at 1.14 in Anarchy II :pickle:
well, he's not tremendous value there but he was the safest bet IMHO. Almost took another player that probably would've surprised quite a few.
Surprising pick given this format.
Well, he finished 8th last year in this format so I don't see it as a huge surprise.(not including playoff points) I'm not as high on some of the similarly ranked RBs, even with the playoff points.

Last edited by a moderator:
####. I didn't really want Chambers. was hoping to get Harrison or Boldin.

timing out isn't so bad when you get to snipe people by doing so.

Guys, can we get more pre-drafting going here? It helps a lot -- especially on the turns. We can make this draft much easier on everyone if we aren't constantly waiting and/or checking -- I'm sure there are a lot of other things on our plates about now. It's not like this is big money, pick some guys. :thumbup:

As we say in California, gracias!

I have no idea what happened...my MFL site shows I was only on the clock for 3 hours.

Harrison would have been the pick by the way, I'm just not sure why I timed out.

Do we only have a 3 hour clock?

LHUCKS said:
LHUCKS said:
LHUCKS said:
I have no idea what happened...my MFL site shows I was only on the clock for 3 hours.Harrison would have been the pick by the way, I'm just not sure why I timed out.Do we only have a 3 hour clock?
Bump
Bueller?
Since no one is chiming in here - I will.This is my understanding of what happened:You had only 16 minutes left on the clock.You hadn't checked the site in about 24 hours.Yudkin had to jet off somewhere and since you hadn't checked in over a day and only had minimal time left, he made the pick for you.He did, however, point out that if you were to show up soon (prior to your time ending), he would fix things according to who you really wanted.16 minutes passed and you still hadn't checked into the site in just over 24 hours.Your time officially passed and you still hadn't checked into the site.Yudkin can clarify if this is right - but I am pretty sure it is.

LHUCKS said:
LHUCKS said:
LHUCKS said:
I have no idea what happened...my MFL site shows I was only on the clock for 3 hours.Harrison would have been the pick by the way, I'm just not sure why I timed out.Do we only have a 3 hour clock?
Bump
Bueller?
Since no one is chiming in here - I will.This is my understanding of what happened:You had only 16 minutes left on the clock.You hadn't checked the site in about 24 hours.Yudkin had to jet off somewhere and since you hadn't checked in over a day and only had minimal time left, he made the pick for you.He did, however, point out that if you were to show up soon (prior to your time ending), he would fix things according to who you really wanted.16 minutes passed and you still hadn't checked into the site in just over 24 hours.Your time officially passed and you still hadn't checked into the site.Yudkin can clarify if this is right - but I am pretty sure it is.
well, I've been on the site several times over the past 24 hours.Secondly, the draft report is currently showing I was only on the clock for 3 hours. Here is a cut and past from the website:
Code:
2.09 25 Dickey Moe Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR Mon Aug 7 2:29:40 p.m. ET 2006 2.10 26 LHUCKS Harrison, Marvin IND WR Mon Aug 7 6:13:31 p.m. ET 2006
Clearly I was only on the clock for 3.5 hours.Last, I received a PM from Dickey Moe stating it was my pick at 3:51 PM EST Time.Clearly a mistake was made here and I need to get it resolved so it doesn't happen again. WTF is going on??

LHUCKS said:
LHUCKS said:
LHUCKS said:
Bump
Bueller?
well, I've been on the site several times over the past 24 hours.Secondly, the draft report is currently showing I was only on the clock for 3 hours. Here is a cut and past from the website:
Code:
2.09 25 Dickey Moe Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR Mon Aug 7 2:29:40 p.m. ET 2006 2.10 26 LHUCKS Harrison, Marvin IND WR Mon Aug 7 6:13:31 p.m. ET 2006
Clearly I was only on the clock for 3.5 hours.Last, I received a PM from Dickey Moe stating it was my pick at 3:51 PM EST Time.Clearly a mistake was made here and I need to get it resolved so it doesn't happen again. WTF is going on??
Hey, don't shoot the messenger! I was merely answering your question.Not sure why you think you were on the clock for only 3 hours. 2:29 to 6:13 is almost 4 hours.To be more specific - the way I read the cut and paste is that you were on the clock for 3 hours and 44 minutes. With a 4 hour clock, that would only give you 16 minutes left.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger! I was merely answering your question.Not sure why you think you were on the clock for only 3 hours. 2:29 to 6:13 is almost 4 hours.To be more specific - the way I read the cut and paste is that you were on the clock for 3 hours and 44 minutes. With a 4 hour clock, that would only give you 16 minutes left.
No, that wasn't meant to be an angry message...apologies if it came off that way. I'm just trying to get some answers.Now I know we're on a 4 hour clock...didn't realize that. I'm in 6 drafts right now so I just need some clarity. Thanks. :thumbup:

Let's recap.

- The 4-hour timer for LHUCKS was down to about 10 minutes and I had my son's football practice to be at and we were already late.

- IIRC, there were 3 teams queued up with predraft picks as soon as LHUCKS was timed out.

- If I let LHUCKS time out, those teams would instantly get their players, leaving me a quandry as to what to do. I could give LHUCKS Harrison BEFORE the timing out, or I could try to give him AFTER the other teams picked, in which case I doubt he'd have gotten Harrison and then it would have been a bigger mess to make the other teams resubmit their picks.

- As for fair warning, I emailed the entire league TWICE that the timer was going on today and that there was a 4-hour window. In addition, it's in the rules on each league website and also in the Anarchy MB threads. I appreciate that we are all in multiple leagues (I've got a dozen drafting this week and next), so I can relate with getting signals crossed. However, it's been explained several times.

- As I mentioned in the draft thread, if things really got messed up we could call a "dover" from that point on.

All that being said, it looks like things worked out in the end. If there are still issues that I'm not aware of, PM or post in this thread.

I'm just trying to get some answers.Now I know we're on a 4 hour clock...didn't realize that. I'm in 6 drafts right now so I just need some clarity.
Answers to what, exactly? Not reading your emails or the rules like everyone else? A little earlier you said you thought it was only 3 hours or something, which is absurd (not being able to read a clock/timer correctly). Anyway, what answers are you talking about here? "Now you know"? You infer that there has been confusion in some form or another. The other 15 guys aren't confused. What's more is, you played last year so you know the routine. Look, just say you ####ed up or something, but don't try to cloak it in some "need some clarity" bullschitt.

Droughns, Reuben CLE RBJohnson, Larry KCC RBTaylor, Chester MIN RB
Can't say that I'm disappointed with this start. Didn't think Droughns would slide that far. Figured RB would be pretty picked over before I picked again. Having to start four is a killer!!!

Code:
Can't say that I'm disappointed with this start. Didn't think Droughns would slide that far. Figured RB would be pretty picked over before I picked again. Having to start four is a killer!!!
It's a huge advantage drafting at the top as you should be able to land three surefire starting RBs.

Code:
It's a huge advantage drafting at the top as you should be able to land three surefire starting RBs.
3.5 actually. :D I'm surprised where some of the second tier WRs went.

2.09 25 Dickey Moe Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR Mon Aug 7 2:29:40 p.m. ET 2006 2.10 26 LHUCKS Harrison, Marvin IND WR Mon Aug 7 6:13:31 p.m. ET 2006 Clearly I was only on the clock for 3.5 hours.Last, I received a PM from Dickey Moe stating it was my pick at 3:51 PM EST Time.Clearly a mistake was made here and I need to get it resolved so it doesn't happen again. WTF is going on??
you had 13 minutes left on your 4 hour clock. there was no mistake made.read Yudkin's comments:
Commissioner pick. Yudkin couldn't wait out the last few minutes. If LHUCKS really doesn't want him and responds in the couple minutes before timing out (and cries about it), then we'll fix things from here, but I can't stick around. Highest undrafted player based on ADP is Harrison.
he made the pick early b/c he had to leave and felt like you weren't going to show up. you didn't show up so things worked out just fine.

2.09 25 Dickey Moe Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR Mon Aug 7 2:29:40 p.m. ET 2006 2.10 26 LHUCKS Harrison, Marvin IND WR Mon Aug 7 6:13:31 p.m. ET 2006 Clearly I was only on the clock for 3.5 hours.Last, I received a PM from Dickey Moe stating it was my pick at 3:51 PM EST Time.Clearly a mistake was made here and I need to get it resolved so it doesn't happen again. WTF is going on??
you had 13 minutes left on your 4 hour clock. there was no mistake made.read Yudkin's comments:
Commissioner pick. Yudkin couldn't wait out the last few minutes. If LHUCKS really doesn't want him and responds in the couple minutes before timing out (and cries about it), then we'll fix things from here, but I can't stick around. Highest undrafted player based on ADP is Harrison.
he made the pick early b/c he had to leave and felt like you weren't going to show up. you didn't show up so things worked out just fine.
In re-reading what happened, the confusion from LHUCKS likely stemmed from the PM from Dickey Moe. LHUCKS apparently thought the clock started when the PM was date stamped, but it looks like Dickey's PM got sent almost an hour and a half after LHUCKS was on the clock.So the lesson we all should learn here is that a PM is clearly not what to use for how much time is left on the pick timer.It's all good and casualties were minimal. Let's move on to our plans of total worldwide domination.But if LHUCKS times out tomorrow morning after all this, I'm going to hurt someone.

In re-reading what happened, the confusion from LHUCKS likely stemmed from the PM from Dickey Moe. LHUCKS apparently thought the clock started when the PM was date stamped, but it looks like Dickey's PM got sent almost an hour and a half after LHUCKS was on the clock.So the lesson we all should learn here is that a PM is clearly not what to use for how much time is left on the pick timer.It's all good and casualties were minimal. Let's move on to our plans of total worldwide domination.But if LHUCKS times out tomorrow morning after all this, I'm going to hurt someone.
I PM'd LHUCKS simply to remind him that it was his turn to pick. I made no reference whatsoever to the time he had left to pick. :thumbup: LHUCKS, way to participate in the draft, guy.

Lots of hostility around here for somebody who just made their pick with only 90 minutes off the clock...if you guys want to get somebody to take my place feel free. I'm in six drafts right now, taking one off of my plate wouldn't kill me.

That being said, if you want to get smacked around like you did last year quit your #####ing, sit back in awe, and observe my sick drafting skills...f'ing amateurs.

You children keep up this feudin' and we're sending you DonnyT from Anarchy 2 for LHUCKS. That'll fix'em.

Lots of hostility around here for somebody who just made their pick with only 90 minutes off the clock...if you guys want to get somebody to take my place feel free. I'm in six drafts right now, taking one off of my plate wouldn't kill me.
:confused: Where are you drafting from? A telephone booth in Haiti?
That being said, if you want to get smacked around like you did last year quit your #####ing, sit back in awe, and observe my sick drafting skills...f'ing amateurs.
:thumbup:

To the letter of the law, LHUCKS was only on the clock for 89 minutes because the timer pauses from midnight until 8 AM.

I must say, though, that the whining about all this is on par with both my wife and kids, and for a bunch of big macho guys we should be able to just leave it behind us and move on.

To the letter of the law, LHUCKS was only on the clock for 89 minutes because the timer pauses from midnight until 8 AM.I must say, though, that the whining about all this is on par with both my wife and kids, and for a bunch of big macho guys we should be able to just leave it behind us and move on.
Yudkin, enough talking. If you are on, then go make your pick. You are up. :D

To the letter of the law, LHUCKS was only on the clock for 89 minutes because the timer pauses from midnight until 8 AM.I must say, though, that the whining about all this is on par with both my wife and kids, and for a bunch of big macho guys we should be able to just leave it behind us and move on.
Yudkin, enough talking. If you are on, then go make your pick. You are up. :D
I've banned people for talk like that . . .

You children keep up this feudin' and we're sending you DonnyT from Anarchy 2 for LHUCKS. That'll fix'em.
:D I can't believe that guy's real. He's certifiable.
:yes: I'd take a draft with 15 LHUCKS in it over a draft with 1 DonnyT.
Why would you want to guarantee yourself a 16th place finish? :D
Are you kidding? As long as I stayed away from the PAC 10 players, I'd be set.

7 picks so far today. At that rate, this would take over 40 days to complete.

No pre-dafting going on whatsoever. And mid-week is when this thing should motor...weekends will crawl.

All we have to do is pre-draft...that's IT (especially at the ends).

It will make this so much easier on everybody, as getting it done sooner will only free up the important time we all want as the month wears on. If we can do 2 rounds a day, we'll be done by next weekend.

Pre-draft, pre-draft, pre-draft...please. :)

Users who are viewing this thread