Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David Yudkin

ANARCHY LEAGUE 2

Thanks guys for all your well wishes and your understanding. And thanks to Sinrman for posting the short reply from the Mrs.

Now onto catching up on the weeks worth of news and happenings that I missed!!

OK, time for the Donnyt33 trifecta. I've got $10 on Donny:

1) Taking Brady in the second round

2) Posting about how great his QBs are and how no one else has a chance

3) Finishing in the bottom third of the league again

Who's in?

Who's in?

I believe the first kicker may be taken........................

Who's in?

I believe the first kicker may be taken........................

:lmao:

Who's in?

Oh, I'm in, no doubt.

I was drafting at the 15 spot last year, and the value was clearly with the WRs at that point in the draft. This year, we've had fewer QBs taken, but just as many RBs.

In this format, a team led by two top-5 WRs will do a lot better than a team led by the #12 RB.

Just got here, give me a few and we will roll. Sorry for the tardiness, more info to come!

Sorry

Hey Old M sorry to hear about your family matter. I hope you and your family are doing better soon. Take your time the rush around here to pick in these drafts should not be happening and this is just one of many reasons why. That and the fact it did not even start yet.

SunnyDoll could you please explain to me what i have done this eyar to top last year? Before i go off on you and let you know how I feel about you saying that in the first place....thanks I will be waiting anxiously..was it my opinion on TE's in this league that topped last year? I mean what did I say other than that? NOTHING..and while were on it what did i do last year...pile on i am used it it and LOVE it..please dont turn this into FF for women ONLY league.

Construx going with a WR strategery. Interesting.

Last year, there were only 10 RB that scored 200 points in this format . . . and two of them have almost no chance of repeating (Anderson and Jones).

Top 5 WR scored almost 300 points last year. While there is more depth at WR, there is less value left with the remaining RB.

Looking at the guys that RANKED in the RB 25+ range, there were some pretty big names that were drafted as top picks last year: Holmes, KJones, Lewis, Taylor, Green Williams, Benson, etc.

If you get stuck with guys in that bracket for an early round pick, you are looking for trouble.

IMO, this league is set up to try to get maximum scoring when possible and avoid getting stuck with the muck at the bottom as best as possible.

In the WR-WR scenario, it's possible that those WR combined could score 2-3 times what two mediocre RB would in the same slots. (600 vs 200-300 for the RB).

Who's in?

and the math genius here did what last year? Or are you proud of you finish? also i got killed by injury last year and last time i checked that was nothing I could control. Worry about your own team Cal and the math book you use to draft it. I will take care of mine. Myabe I will get my boy from MIT hgere to help me run the numbers....LMAO. Don't wory about my finish from last year be much more worried about how i do this year..Just imagine if i finish high or anywhere above you?

Yeah, would have taken James if he was there, but without the 1 pt per rec for RBs, the next tier of RBs was much less appealing. My RBs will suffer, but with 5 WRs counting, I like the risk of doing this. Heck, if people keep leaving the good WRs out there for 3rd tier TEs, I may grab 2 more at the turn. :excited:

Who's in?

and the math genius here did what last year? Or are you proud of you finish? also i got killed by injury last year and last time i checked that was nothing I could control. Worry about your own team Cal and the math book you use to draft it. I will take care of mine. Myabe I will get my boy from MIT hgere to help me run the numbers....LMAO. Don't wory about my finish from last year be much more worried about how i do this year..Just imagine if i finish high or anywhere above you?

QB: DENVER DEN

MINNESOTA MIN

RB: BENNETT,MICHAEL MIN

JONES,JULIUS DAL

PERRY,CHRIS CIN

SPROLES,DARREN SD

WR: BRANCH,DEION NE

CLAYTON,MICHAEL TB

FINNERAN,BRIAN ATL

KENNISON,EDDIE KC

PATTEN,DAVID WAS

WILSON,CEDRICK PIT

TE: KINNEY,ERRON TEN

KLEINSASSER,JIM MIN

PK: HALL,JOHN WAS

REED,JEFF PIT

Def: BALTIMORE BAL

BUFFALO BUF

Who there got injured? I don't see a single injury with significant missed time.

I gave my analysis of my draft and results in last year's thread. Go read it, you might learn something.

Last year, there were only 10 RB that scored 200 points in this format . . . and two of them have almost no chance of repeating (Anderson and Jones).

Top 5 WR scored almost 300 points last year. While there is more depth at WR, there is less value left with the remaining RB.

Looking at the guys that RANKED in the RB 25+ range, there were some pretty big names that were drafted as top picks last year: Holmes, KJones, Lewis, Taylor, Green Williams, Benson, etc.

If you get stuck with guys in that bracket for an early round pick, you are looking for trouble.

IMO, this league is set up to try to get maximum scoring when possible and avoid getting stuck with the muck at the bottom as best as possible.

In the WR-WR scenario, it's possible that those WR combined could score 2-3 times what two mediocre RB would in the same slots. (600 vs 200-300 for the RB).

Dave i am sure you got my email about being able to keep the leagues where they are all year. I did not get a response and would think that is a no? Please let me know so i can move on and use my sponsorships in another way. Also can you tell me if there were any rule changes from last year in this league please?

Thanks

Who's in?

and the math genius here did what last year? Or are you proud of you finish? also i got killed by injury last year and last time i checked that was nothing I could control. Worry about your own team Cal and the math book you use to draft it. I will take care of mine. Myabe I will get my boy from MIT hgere to help me run the numbers....LMAO. Don't worry about my finish from last year be much more worried about how i do this year..Just imagine if i finish high or anywhere above you?

MINNESOTA MIN

JONES,JULIUS DAL

PERRY,CHRIS CIN

SPROLES,DARREN SD

CLAYTON,MICHAEL TB

FINNERAN,BRIAN ATL

KENNISON,EDDIE KC

PATTEN,DAVID WAS

WILSON,CEDRICK PIT

KLEINSASSER,JIM MIN

REED,JEFF PIT

BUFFALO BUF

Who there got injured? I don't see a single injury with significant missed time.

I gave my analysis of my draft and results in last year's thread. Go read it, you might learn something.

Culpepper and Jones did not lose significant time? Come on kid..stop now it obvious you are clueless in the hobby..Or did you expect to have a bigger year from BJ and Cullp and i am sure that BJ would be drafted in the same spot as Culpin the same draft again? Lets see this year where they go in the draft..Perry..Klein..HALL.. Bennett....Kinney PATTEN..Clayton.. BALT D RAY LEWIS BUUFF D SPIKES!!! ETC ETC they were ALL RIDDLED WITH INJURY ALL YEAR WHAT ARE YOU TALKING AOBUT?? your an dope for talking like this ANDHAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT..OBVIOUSLY!!! MY WHOLE TEAM WAS CRUCIFIED BY INJURY..HOW CAN YOU SAY ANYTHING BUT??: ENOUHG OF THIS BS!!! OBVIOUSLY!!!..please

Construx going with a WR strategery.  Interesting.

Dave i am sure you got my email about being able to keep the leagues where they are all year. I did not get a response and would think that is a no? Please let me know so i can move on and use my sponsorships in another way. Also can you tell me if there were any rule changes from last year in this league please?

Thanks

Rules stayed the same from last year to this year. Still mulling over the MFL thing. Could you get us 4 free leagues?

Who's in?

and the math genius here did what last year? Or are you proud of you finish? also i got killed by injury last year and last time i checked that was nothing I could control. Worry about your own team Cal and the math book you use to draft it. I will take care of mine. Myabe I will get my boy from MIT hgere to help me run the numbers....LMAO. Don't worry about my finish from last year be much more worried about how i do this year..Just imagine if i finish high or anywhere above you?

THAT'S IT FOR ME HERE GUY I WILL JUST DRAFT AND STAY OUT OF HERE...A RESPONSE LIKE THIS IS SO OFF THE WALL BACKWARDS THAT IF YOU GUYS THINK THIS IS TRUE..YOU ENJOY THIS WITHOUT ME AS I KNOW BETTER THAN YOU ALL IF THIS IS THE CASE...WHO HAD SIGNIFACANT INJURIES? MY TEAM WAS KILLED BY INJURIES BOTH DIRECTLY AND INDIRECTLY(MY D'S)..WHAT THE NHECK MY #1 AND #2 RB GOT HURT EARLY AND NEVER WERE THE SAME AND I WAS OUT IF IT DIRECTLY BECASEU OJ LOSEING JONES AND BENNETT..NOT TO MENTION MY #1 WR CLAYTON WAS HURT AND COULD BARELY PLAY ALL YEAR..OK ENOUGH OF THIS CHARADE.....UN FN BELEIVABVLE...OUT OF HERE... HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DRAFT AND GREAT FF SEASON..BUT I CAN DO OR SAY NO RIGHT HERE AND ITS JUST NOT WORTH MY TIME TO TAKE PART IN THIS ASPECT OF THE DRAFT..ALL CAN THANK CAL AS I AM SURE YOU LIKE CHASING GUYS OUT OF HERE....LATER AND TAKE CARE ALL..GOOD HEALTH AND GOOD LUCK..LATER

MINNESOTA MIN

JONES,JULIUS DAL

PERRY,CHRIS CIN

SPROLES,DARREN SD

CLAYTON,MICHAEL TB

FINNERAN,BRIAN ATL

KENNISON,EDDIE KC

PATTEN,DAVID WAS

WILSON,CEDRICK PIT

KLEINSASSER,JIM MIN

REED,JEFF PIT

BUFFALO BUF

Culpepper and Jones did not lose significant time? Come on kid..stop now it obvious you are clueless in the hobby..Or did you expect to have a bigger year from BJ and Cullp and i am sure that BJ would be drafted in the same spot as Culpin the same draft again? Lets see this year where they go in the draft..Perry..Klein..HALL.. Bennett....Kinney PATTEN..Clayton.. BALT D RAY LEWIS BUUFF D SPIKES!!! ETC ETC they were ALL RIDDLED WITH INJURY ALL YEAR WHAT ARE YOU TALKING AOBUT?? your an dope for talking like this ANDHAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT..OBVIOUSLY!!! MY WHOLE TEAM WAS CRUCIFIED BY INJURY..HOW CAN YOU SAY ANYTHING BUT??: ENOUHG OF THIS BS!!! OBVIOUSLY!!!..please

You didn't draft Culpepper, you drafted MIN QB, and said at the time, "BJ can get it done." This is all you can come up with for being "crucified" with injuries? 241 points from a team QB and 185 points (#10 overall) for a team defense? And 3 games missed from Juliis Jones. You were in 15th place, over 600 points behind. If Minnesota performed as the #1 QB and Baltimore performed as the #1 defense that would have left you still 400 points behind. That'd have to be some mighty big games from J.Jones!

Thanks

Rules stayed the same from last year to this year. Still mulling over the MFL thing. Could you get us 4 free leagues?

Yes I could but four would be the limit but as I stated in the email these leagues would also have to be considered League of Champions Qualifier leagues which would mean the winners would hopefully accept there invite into the 2007 Champions league of the LOC. I not sure how much of an issue this might be here but the LOC is a pretty good thing for the FF hobby. It was started five years ago with the hopes of it someday being on of the best leagues on the internet and it is getting better every year...below is a link to our homepage so you guys can look it over. But please don't use anything about me against the LOC. I am really not the bad guy some of you think and love FF and do much work on it free of charge while letting others also have there chances to play vs top competition around the net for free. If this all is Ok and sounds OK to you it would be my pleasure to have all four Anarchy leagues as LOC Qualifiers. In the case that the Champion did not take his spot next year( I hope this would not be the case) the invite would go to the next highest point owner and so on. But I would hope we could get most of the winners first. Let me know and guys it would be great if you gave me the chance at a new beginning here instead of putting me down for every and anything I might say or have an opinion on. If so i will do my best to keep in good standing and try not to do what in the past has caused me to be in this spot in the first place. Dave let me know as i think this could be a match made in heaven and save twilight and myself from a lot of work also.

http://www.ufflonline.com/LOC.html

For someone who talks a lot of trash, you sure have a thin skin, Donny.

1.14 14 joffer Jordan, Lamont OAK RB

I hope you guys at least got a kiss from joffer after this anal rape.

1.09 9 DonnyT33 Colts, Indianapolis IND TMQB

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Some one please tell me this is a joke? It's really not possible that the guy who anchored his 2005 abortion with a QB acutally did it again? What do they call it when you do the same thing over and over and get the same results???

Jordan was the #9 RB in this format last year, he is very likely to see fewer passes in 2006, and here he's the 10th RB off the board. I could see him representing value, but frankly I'd rather have my choice of WRs.

not even a reach around..............

Thanks

Yes I could but four would be the limit but as I stated in the email these leagues would also have to be considered League of Champions Qualifier leagues which would mean the winners would hopefully accept there invite into the 2007 Champions league of the LOC. I not sure how much of an issue this might be here but the LOC is a pretty good thing for the FF hobby. It was started five years ago with the hopes of it someday being on of the best leagues on the internet and it is getting better every year...below is a link to our homepage so you guys can look it over. But please don't use anything about me against the LOC. I am really not the bad guy some of you think and love FF and do much work on it free of charge while letting others also have there chances to play vs top competition around the net for free. If this all is Ok and sounds OK to you it would be my pleasure to have all four Anarchy leagues as LOC Qualifiers. In the case that the Champion did not take his spot next year( I hope this would not be the case) the invite would go to the next highest point owner and so on. But I would hope we could get most of the winners first. Let me know and guys it would be great if you gave me the chance at a new beginning here instead of putting me down for every and anything I might say or have an opinion on. If so i will do my best to keep in good standing and try not to do what in the past has caused me to be in this spot in the first place. Dave let me know as i think this could be a match made in heaven and save twilight and myself from a lot of work also.

Looks good to me.

I'm surprised at the lack of predrafting.

Last year it was the only thing to keep us moving.

Well, we're not officially on the clock yet, and there is still a lot of uncertainty in the selections in this tier.

I want to thank Wheelhouse for saving me from deciding if I want Willie Parker or not. He's one guy I'm very conflicted on.

I'm surprised at the lack of predrafting.

Last year it was the only thing to keep us moving.

Well, we're not officially on the clock yet, and there is still a lot of uncertainty in the selections in this tier.

I want to thank Wheelhouse for saving me from deciding if I want Willie Parker or not. He's one guy I'm very conflicted on.

He was one I was very conflicted on at 2.05. I decided to go with Chester Taylor, an even bigger unknown! :P

Love how the guys that finished at the bottom half of the league last year continue their pissing contest. Don't worry 'other guys' their bark is worse than their bite. :bye:

Just got here, give me a few and we will roll.  Sorry for the tardiness, more info to come!

Sorry

Hey Old M sorry to hear about your family matter. I hope you and your family are doing better soon. Take your time the rush around here to pick in these drafts should not be happening and this is just one of many reasons why. That and the fact it did not even start yet.

SunnyDoll could you please explain to me what i have done this eyar to top last year? Before i go off on you and let you know how I feel about you saying that in the first place....thanks I will be waiting anxiously..was it my opinion on TE's in this league that topped last year? I mean what did I say other than that? NOTHING..and while were on it what did i do last year...pile on i am used it it and LOVE it..please dont turn this into FF for women ONLY league.

Nobody talked more trash than you last year...NOBODY.

1. You failed miserably...then disappeared. :lmao:

2. I could care less about your strategy...don't even know what it is.

3. You're somewhat entertaining, nonetheless.

Yeah, would have taken James if he was there, but without the 1 pt per rec for RBs, the next tier of RBs was much less appealing. My RBs will suffer, but with 5 WRs counting, I like the risk of doing this. Heck, if people keep leaving the good WRs out there for 3rd tier TEs, I may grab 2 more at the turn. :excited:

Oh don't get me wrong. I actually like it...that's why I thought it worth mentioning.

Contrarian. :thumbup:

Oh don't get me wrong. I actually like it...that's why I thought it worth mentioning.

Thanks. Very suprised that I was the first to draft a WR. I think people are reaching a bit on lesser RBs and TEs, esp with RBs not getting a ppr.

Thanks. Very suprised that I was the first to draft a WR. I think people are reaching a bit on lesser RBs and TEs, esp with RBs not getting a ppr.

One of the basic things I tried to do last year was go where the herd wasn't. Seemed to work pretty well. With 16 teams, and being on the turn, the last thing you should be doing is getting involved with/following runs.

if Jordan hadn't been there, I would have taken a WR. he was the last RB i had ranked over the 1st tier WRs.

if Jordan hadn't been there, I would have taken a WR. he was the last RB i had ranked over the 1st tier WRs.

FWIW, I _probably_ would have taken Jordan, but I think he is due for a bit of a fall as he won't get as many yards receiving this year and he won't get a point for those receptions he does make.

1.10: Ronnie Brown, RB Dolphins

2.07: Torry Holt, WR Rams

Not a bad pair to have as 'hole cards' to build the rest of the hand around...

3.04 36 rzrback77 Bush, Reggie NOS RB

Hey, Kool-Aid!

3.14 46 joffer Ward, Hines PIT WR Tue Aug 1 10:59:21 p.m. ET 2006 4.03 51 joffer Witten, Jason DAL TE Tue Aug 1 11:21:45 p.m. ET 2006

:pickle:

1.10: Ronnie Brown, RB Dolphins2.07: Torry Holt, WR RamsNot a bad pair to have as 'hole cards' to build the rest of the hand around...

My team from league 3:1.11: Ronnie Brown2.6: Torry Holt :thumbup:

I think Witten will take a substantial hit this year with Owens in town. I would have taken a few TEs above him at that spot.

I think Witten will take a substantial hit this year with Owens in town. I would have taken a few TEs above him at that spot.

Fair point. I read somewhere how the more successful TE's play on weaker WR units...so that would support your opinion, FWIW.

Fair point. I read somewhere how the more successful TE's play on weaker WR units...so that would support your opinion, FWIW.
CoughCoughCooleyCoughCough

Wide receiver UNITS. Name me one guy not named Moss that did one iota of anything in Washington last year.

David Patten had the second most receptions (22) and yardage (217) and NO WR OTHER THAN MOSS SCORED A TD.

Wide receiver UNITS. Name me one guy not named Moss that did one iota of anything in Washington last year.

David Patten had the second most receptions (22) and yardage (217) and NO WR OTHER THAN MOSS SCORED A TD.

:confused:

Right, so overall, the Wide Receiver Unit in WAS should be pretty poor, leading to a good season for Cooley.

Am I missing something?

Right, so overall, the Wide Receiver Unit in WAS should be pretty poor, leading to a good season for Cooley.

Am I missing something?

I thought you were pointing to WAS as an example of a team with strong WRs and a high scoring fantasy TE as an example AGAINST what SLBD was saying.

I guess I misinterpreted what you were saying (certainly wasn't the first time I did this and it won't be the last time either)

Am I missing something?

I thought you were pointing to WAS as an example of a team with strong WRs and a high scoring fantasy TE as an example AGAINST what SLBD was saying.

I guess I misinterpreted what you were saying (certainly wasn't the first time I did this and it won't be the last time either)

:shrug: i just like Witten :)

Am I missing something?

NP. I had just drafted Cooley over Witten based partly upon that principle (and the fact that I own Owens).

Am I missing something?

:shrug: i just like Witten :)
:lmao:

It's probably not going to get back around to me before I leave town early tomorrow morning. I'll try to predraft but there are a lot of picks in between. My net connectivity will probably be spotty through the weekend; I get back to town on Monday night. I'll try to check in but I can't guarantee it.