What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ANARCHY LEAGUE 2 (2 Viewers)

You have some great writeups Cal Bear. Come over to Anarchy 1, when we finally ####### finish, and have at, if you will. :thumbup:
Kind of hard to write up a bunch of teams picked based off of ADP rather than actual picks. Waaaayyy too many time outs in that league. So bad I almost think you guys should scrap the draft and start over.

You have some great writeups Cal Bear. Come over to Anarchy 1, when we finally ####### finish, and have at, if you will. :thumbup:
Kind of hard to write up a bunch of teams picked based off of ADP rather than actual picks. Waaaayyy too many time outs in that league. So bad I almost think you guys should scrap the draft and start over.
I do think it's unfortunate that so many high picks were not made by the owners. I don't think I have time to really do analysis on the other leagues. I'd have to put the whole draft into DD to generate the numbers. (Future DD feature idea: upload/download capability for MFL and Antsports drafts).

Sinrman

I don't see this team as exemplary in any way, but it has some chances. I really dislike RB handcuffing in this format; it is not worth two high picks to lock up any running game: first of all, running games aren't that valuable in this format; and second, handcuffing is a conservative move, and a 16-team all-or-nothing league requires aggression. He made some nice WR picks which should generate decent points for him, so if one of Bell or Dayne winds up running in Denver, he'll probably be OK, but I don't see him threatening for the league title.
Very fair assessment. I would agree with on most of those points. :thumbup:

Here's my analysis of my draft.

1.02: Ladanian Tomlinson

For me, it's a choice between Tomlinson and Alexander. It's nice to get a proven stud (and much nicer to be drafting at 1.02 than 1.15, which I had last year), although I'm sure that at least one and probably two of the Big Three will not live up to expectations. I'm thinking that Tomlinson is marginally more likely to live up to expectations than Alexander, because his production is not as TD-based. It's a tough decision, though. I don't have the top TEs and WRs differentiated enough to be worth considering here; if there were a clear #1, I might look at him.

2.15: Anquan Boldin

I had Domanick Davis in my pre-draft queue, but he went a pick before me; I was kind of glad. I also was interested in Randy Moss who went two picks earlier, for boom or bust potential. I debated between Boldin, Chambers, Driver, and Droughns here; in this format, I think a solid WR is worth significantly more than a marginal RB, and with 1 PPR for WRs, I liked Boldin, with two 100-catch seasons to his name, over Chambers or Driver. There is some risk that targets shift to Fitzgerald and James in Arizona, but I like Boldin's chances.

3.02: Donald Driver

I actually had Driver rated above both Droughns and Chambers, who were grabbed by Yellow Dog, so I was very glad to get him at 3.02. With no other proven receiving option in Green Bay, Driver should get plenty of targets and should easily finish in the top 12 WRs; he's WR#11 off the board. The only other player I seriously considered was Darrell Jackson.

One thing worth noting about this pick is that it demonstrates the power of picking high in the first round. With Tomlinson anchoring my RB corps, I have no need to chase diminishing returns at RB; the RBs left on the board are guys like Reggie Bush, Warrick Dunn, and Jamal Lewis, none of whom I consider competitive with the WRs available. Driver outscored Dunn by over 50 points last year in this format, and Lewis by 100. In an all-starters league, it's all about maximizing value at every pick.

4.15: Dominic Rhodes

A lot of marginal TEs have flown off the board; we already have 10 taken! TE#10 did score 208 points in this format, but that's still less than WR#21, which is where we are in the WR list. I really was hoping Mason would fall to me, but rzrback snagged him two picks earlier. RBs remaining are not expected to score anywhere near as much as WRs or TEs, but I'm also looking at DVBD, which is predicting a bigger drop-off in RBs than WRs and TEs at this point. Rhodes looks to me like the only RB left on the board who has a good chance to finish in the top-10; if he gets even 80% of the touches Edge got in 2005, he should do it. There is risk here (Addai), but that's true of any of the situations from here on out, especially considering how early in the season we're drafting. I am willing to take risks in this format, since it's all-or-nothing. (My favorite crossword puzzle clue: "Came in second", four letters, beginning with L).

5.02: Joe Horn

I'm looking here at value and upside. Last year the two biggest difference-makers in this format were Joey Galloway and Steve Smith. Joe Horn is just one year removed from a #3WR finish, and like Galloway last year, may be flying under the radar due to last year's injuries and the general malaise of the team. Horn is younger than Galloway; I think he has a very solid chance to finish in the top 10, and here he's the #22 WR off the board. Other options are Galloway, Coles, and Lee Evans, none of whom seem to compare to Horn's potential in 2006.

6.15: Curtis Martin

According to my projections, Curtis Martin has been the strongest pick by DVBD for over two rounds now. However, as I said in the Player Spotlight on Martin, I don't really believe my own projections, which is why I let him fall this much. But as far as I can see, he's the only RB left (other than Barlow) who is even nominally the starter, and thus represents value, even if he doesn't reach my projections. If I can get 12 starts out of him, I'll come out ahead. Note: This pick was made before the FBG reports of weirdness with Martin in NYJ training camp.

7.02: Miami QB (Culpepper/Harrington)

It remains to be seen how well Culpepper will perform coming back from his injury onto a brand new team, but with team QBs and a very good receiving corps in Chambers, Booker, and McMichael, I think this unit is a total steal at QB13. The team QB is definitely more valuable than Culpepper as a single player, since I don't need to worry so much about his rehab; Harrington should be a servicable fill-in if necessary. No one else was close on my list.

8.15: Isaac Bruce

Bruce is another guy I think people are sleeping on; are there really 126 players better than him in this format? Including Samie Parker, Joe Jurevicius, Antonio Bryant and Keyshawn Johnson? He's the #44 WR off the board; he finished in the top 20 five years in a row prior to last year's injury-plagued season. Like Joe Horn, he is younger than Joey Galloway, and in a better offense. Other WRs left are Burleson, Toomer, Porter, Mark Clayton; I'm not impressed with that lot. TEs are still being over-bought; TE#18 just went off the board; several of the TEs just chosen may not even be the #1 TE on their own team. There are no starters left at RB.

9.02: Houston QB (Carr)

Carr as QB#23 off the board looks like a steal to me. This unit finished as #27 last year, just 15 points below #23, and that was with A.Johnson hurt and before Moulds was added. The new coaching staff is also very likely to be a positive for Carr. I expect him to finish in the top-20, and he could even get up around #10 if things go well. Also note, Carr himself finished in the top 20 each of the past two years, although partly that is because he's been very healthy, despite taking a beating in the backfield.

10.15: Pittsburgh D

I had the Pitt D as #1, so I'm glad to get it as the #3 D off the board. It's not likely to provide huge value here, but I'm pretty satisfied with the core of my team, and the WR and RB pickings are getting pretty slim. I don't see any need to jump on a TE yet, either; defenses have risen to the top in VBD and DVBD.

11.02: Cedrick Wilson

We're definitely in "your guess is as good as mine" territory here. I like Wilson as someone who's very solidly a WR2 on a team with a decent passing game that should be used more often this year with Bettis retiring. Other possibilities are Reche Caldwell, Randle El, Reggie Williams, none of whom have situations as good as Wilson's. He played well at the end of last year.

12.15: Courtney Anderson

Finally I get a TE! TE value has been creeping up, as only two have been taken in the past 50 picks, and Anderson seems overlooked to me here as TE#24. He finished in a virtual tie for TE#24 last year in his rookie season, and the Raiders seem like they might want to use him more with Shell at the helm. Some TE had at least 33 receptions each year Shell coached the Raiders in his first stint, and Ethan Horton finished as #2 overall in 1991. I'm glad to fill my roster with a solid starter. Also, Yellow Dog still doesn't have a TE, so I'm grabbing a TE before he tries to get one at the turn.

13.02: Najeh Davenport

I still need at least one RB, and Davenport is the only guy left on the board who plausibly could win the starting job in training camp, even without an injury. (Some might argue Maurice Drew, but I almost always let someone else try to shoot for the sleeper rookie RB; they are a lot more rare than people expect). I expect everything resembling RB value to be gone by the time I get another chance to pick, so I'm filling out my roster.

14.15: Eric Johnson

Johnson already has two top-15 seasons to his credit; he's slipped this far due to the prospect of Vernon Davis taking over the pass-catching TE role. But I think it's likely that Johnson will perform well in training camp and fight the rookie for touches all year. The SF passing game isn't a huge pie to slice up, but it's not like there are real WRs to throw to, anyway (Bryant notwithstanding). I'm hoping for 30 catches and 3 TDs.

15.02: Ryan Longwell

I didn't have good net access, and did some pre-drafting with 20+ picks to go before my selection. I was anticipating a kicker run and hoping to get Longwell on the end of it. My timing was a bit off, as this was only K#9 off the board, and seven more went in the next 17 picks. Longwell could easily wind up as K#9 or better (he's an extremely accurate kicker, just moved to a dome), but with the uncertainty in the Minnesota offense, if I were actively following the draft I probably would have passed on Longwell and hoped he came back to me at 16.15 (which he probably wouldn't have, given how it went, but still). I also considered Arnaz Battle, but it's against my religion to own two players from last year's #32 offense. At least I wound up with a token Golden Bear.

16.15: Daniel Graham

Another case of "what have you done for me lately?" Graham was the #9 TE in 2004, and in this format was #31 in 2005 despite missing 5 games. As TE#29, he's a great prospect here; New England spreads the ball around, but even if he only repeats his 2003 (38 receptions, 4 TD) he should significantly out-perform anyone left for my flex spot. Other players I was considering were Andre Davis and Rod Gardner, but I like the TE performance possibility better. Plus Yellowdog still has no TEs, so I know he's planning to take at least one on the turn.

17.02: Mike Nugent

I'm not a huge fan of Nugent, but he's the most solidly entrenched in his job of all the kickers left; he should put up at least acceptable numbers, and could be decent if it turns out Pennington's return revives the Jets offense.

18.15: Raiders Defense

Whatever. It's a defense, the last one on the board. It even has a Cal connection (Nnamdi Asomugah).
6.15: Curtis MartinAccording to my projections, Curtis Martin has been the strongest pick by DVBD for over two rounds now. However, as I said in the Player Spotlight on Martin, I don't really believe my own projections, which is why I let him fall this much. But as far as I can see, he's the only RB left (other than Barlow) who is even nominally the starter, and thus represents value, even if he doesn't reach my projections. If I can get 12 starts out of him, I'll come out ahead. Note: This pick was made before the FBG reports of weirdness with Martin in NYJ training camp

weirdness? And what do you do base everything you do on FBG reports? I knew Martin was in big trouble for months now..come on dude that's a pretty lame comment and a very lame pick..just admit it that you totally blew that one..12 games? I doubt you will get ONE game out of martin this year..when and if he is ready the jets will be 1-7 and that will be it for Martin this year and maybe forever..not busting thme just telling it like it is..

Here's my analysis of my draft.

For me, it's a choice between Tomlinson and Alexander. It's nice to get a proven stud (and much nicer to be drafting at 1.02 than 1.15, which I had last year), although I'm sure that at least one and probably two of the Big Three will not live up to expectations. I'm thinking that Tomlinson is marginally more likely to live up to expectations than Alexander, because his production is not as TD-based. It's a tough decision, though. I don't have the top TEs and WRs differentiated enough to be worth considering here; if there were a clear #1, I might look at him.

I had Domanick Davis in my pre-draft queue, but he went a pick before me; I was kind of glad. I also was interested in Randy Moss who went two picks earlier, for boom or bust potential. I debated between Boldin, Chambers, Driver, and Droughns here; in this format, I think a solid WR is worth significantly more than a marginal RB, and with 1 PPR for WRs, I liked Boldin, with two 100-catch seasons to his name, over Chambers or Driver. There is some risk that targets shift to Fitzgerald and James in Arizona, but I like Boldin's chances.

I actually had Driver rated above both Droughns and Chambers, who were grabbed by Yellow Dog, so I was very glad to get him at 3.02. With no other proven receiving option in Green Bay, Driver should get plenty of targets and should easily finish in the top 12 WRs; he's WR#11 off the board. The only other player I seriously considered was Darrell Jackson.

One thing worth noting about this pick is that it demonstrates the power of picking high in the first round. With Tomlinson anchoring my RB corps, I have no need to chase diminishing returns at RB; the RBs left on the board are guys like Reggie Bush, Warrick Dunn, and Jamal Lewis, none of whom I consider competitive with the WRs available. Driver outscored Dunn by over 50 points last year in this format, and Lewis by 100. In an all-starters league, it's all about maximizing value at every pick.

A lot of marginal TEs have flown off the board; we already have 10 taken! TE#10 did score 208 points in this format, but that's still less than WR#21, which is where we are in the WR list. I really was hoping Mason would fall to me, but rzrback snagged him two picks earlier. RBs remaining are not expected to score anywhere near as much as WRs or TEs, but I'm also looking at DVBD, which is predicting a bigger drop-off in RBs than WRs and TEs at this point. Rhodes looks to me like the only RB left on the board who has a good chance to finish in the top-10; if he gets even 80% of the touches Edge got in 2005, he should do it. There is risk here (Addai), but that's true of any of the situations from here on out, especially considering how early in the season we're drafting. I am willing to take risks in this format, since it's all-or-nothing. (My favorite crossword puzzle clue: "Came in second", four letters, beginning with L).

I'm looking here at value and upside. Last year the two biggest difference-makers in this format were Joey Galloway and Steve Smith. Joe Horn is just one year removed from a #3WR finish, and like Galloway last year, may be flying under the radar due to last year's injuries and the general malaise of the team. Horn is younger than Galloway; I think he has a very solid chance to finish in the top 10, and here he's the #22 WR off the board. Other options are Galloway, Coles, and Lee Evans, none of whom seem to compare to Horn's potential in 2006.

According to my projections, Curtis Martin has been the strongest pick by DVBD for over two rounds now. However, as I said in the Player Spotlight on Martin, I don't really believe my own projections, which is why I let him fall this much. But as far as I can see, he's the only RB left (other than Barlow) who is even nominally the starter, and thus represents value, even if he doesn't reach my projections. If I can get 12 starts out of him, I'll come out ahead. Note: This pick was made before the FBG reports of weirdness with Martin in NYJ training camp.

It remains to be seen how well Culpepper will perform coming back from his injury onto a brand new team, but with team QBs and a very good receiving corps in Chambers, Booker, and McMichael, I think this unit is a total steal at QB13. The team QB is definitely more valuable than Culpepper as a single player, since I don't need to worry so much about his rehab; Harrington should be a servicable fill-in if necessary. No one else was close on my list.

Bruce is another guy I think people are sleeping on; are there really 126 players better than him in this format? Including Samie Parker, Joe Jurevicius, Antonio Bryant and Keyshawn Johnson? He's the #44 WR off the board; he finished in the top 20 five years in a row prior to last year's injury-plagued season. Like Joe Horn, he is younger than Joey Galloway, and in a better offense. Other WRs left are Burleson, Toomer, Porter, Mark Clayton; I'm not impressed with that lot. TEs are still being over-bought; TE#18 just went off the board; several of the TEs just chosen may not even be the #1 TE on their own team. There are no starters left at RB.

Carr as QB#23 off the board looks like a steal to me. This unit finished as #27 last year, just 15 points below #23, and that was with A.Johnson hurt and before Moulds was added. The new coaching staff is also very likely to be a positive for Carr. I expect him to finish in the top-20, and he could even get up around #10 if things go well. Also note, Carr himself finished in the top 20 each of the past two years, although partly that is because he's been very healthy, despite taking a beating in the backfield.

I had the Pitt D as #1, so I'm glad to get it as the #3 D off the board. It's not likely to provide huge value here, but I'm pretty satisfied with the core of my team, and the WR and RB pickings are getting pretty slim. I don't see any need to jump on a TE yet, either; defenses have risen to the top in VBD and DVBD.

We're definitely in "your guess is as good as mine" territory here. I like Wilson as someone who's very solidly a WR2 on a team with a decent passing game that should be used more often this year with Bettis retiring. Other possibilities are Reche Caldwell, Randle El, Reggie Williams, none of whom have situations as good as Wilson's. He played well at the end of last year.

Finally I get a TE! TE value has been creeping up, as only two have been taken in the past 50 picks, and Anderson seems overlooked to me here as TE#24. He finished in a virtual tie for TE#24 last year in his rookie season, and the Raiders seem like they might want to use him more with Shell at the helm. Some TE had at least 33 receptions each year Shell coached the Raiders in his first stint, and Ethan Horton finished as #2 overall in 1991. I'm glad to fill my roster with a solid starter. Also, Yellow Dog still doesn't have a TE, so I'm grabbing a TE before he tries to get one at the turn.

I still need at least one RB, and Davenport is the only guy left on the board who plausibly could win the starting job in training camp, even without an injury. (Some might argue Maurice Drew, but I almost always let someone else try to shoot for the sleeper rookie RB; they are a lot more rare than people expect). I expect everything resembling RB value to be gone by the time I get another chance to pick, so I'm filling out my roster.

Johnson already has two top-15 seasons to his credit; he's slipped this far due to the prospect of Vernon Davis taking over the pass-catching TE role. But I think it's likely that Johnson will perform well in training camp and fight the rookie for touches all year. The SF passing game isn't a huge pie to slice up, but it's not like there are real WRs to throw to, anyway (Bryant notwithstanding). I'm hoping for 30 catches and 3 TDs.

I didn't have good net access, and did some pre-drafting with 20+ picks to go before my selection. I was anticipating a kicker run and hoping to get Longwell on the end of it. My timing was a bit off, as this was only K#9 off the board, and seven more went in the next 17 picks. Longwell could easily wind up as K#9 or better (he's an extremely accurate kicker, just moved to a dome), but with the uncertainty in the Minnesota offense, if I were actively following the draft I probably would have passed on Longwell and hoped he came back to me at 16.15 (which he probably wouldn't have, given how it went, but still). I also considered Arnaz Battle, but it's against my religion to own two players from last year's #32 offense. At least I wound up with a token Golden Bear.

Another case of "what have you done for me lately?" Graham was the #9 TE in 2004, and in this format was #31 in 2005 despite missing 5 games. As TE#29, he's a great prospect here; New England spreads the ball around, but even if he only repeats his 2003 (38 receptions, 4 TD) he should significantly out-perform anyone left for my flex spot. Other players I was considering were Andre Davis and Rod Gardner, but I like the TE performance possibility better. Plus Yellowdog still has no TEs, so I know he's planning to take at least one on the turn.

I'm not a huge fan of Nugent, but he's the most solidly entrenched in his job of all the kickers left; he should put up at least acceptable numbers, and could be decent if it turns out Pennington's return revives the Jets offense.

Whatever. It's a defense, the last one on the board. It even has a Cal connection (Nnamdi Asomugah).
11.02: Cedrick WilsonWe're definitely in "your guess is as good as mine" territory here. I like Wilson as someone who's very solidly a WR2 on a team with a decent passing game that should be used more often this year with Bettis retiring. Other possibilities are Reche Caldwell, Randle El, Reggie Williams, none of whom have situations as good as Wilson's. He played well at the end of last year.

your telling us thge Reche Caldwells position is not better than Wilsons? If your gonna talk like you know what your talking about as least get it right. Caldwell is the #1 WR option here with now for the Pats.. and Brady is his QB. Branchs hold out is getting more ugly every day..so much so that he may be out till late in the year now

now to give you soem credit..i really like all your picks after Martin and think you did a really good job of drafting after that major mistake..all in all pretty good I like EJohson alot this eyar and would have taken him if had the chance or went three TE's..but i still say i will finish up ahead of your team

Following up CalBears post with comments on my draft.

In this format total points scoring all players I agree with CalBear that taking 2nd place is not somthing that I would strive for. I took more risks with players I picked than I would in a head to head league, where I can manage my roster with trades, free agency and starting lineups. I didn't come into this draft planning to do this. But that defintly became my tendency from the very 1st pick.

1.03 Clinton Portis I believe Portis will be the 2nd best Rb in the league this year after LT. I have owned Portis since he was a rookie n dynasty leagues so I am very familiar with him. He could have easily scored 6 more TDs last year in Gibbs offense. TDs that went to players such as Sellers and Cooley in short yardage situations. I don't see that happening again in 2006 now that Portis is in the KC offense that funnels most of its TDs through the feature Rb. I see Portis having a huge year this year. The offensive line returns intact. And the recievers have been upgraded.

Most people will consider it a risk to pass on the proven production of Alexander over the past 3 years for Portis. But I see several negatives for Alexander this year while I see none for Portis.

2.14 Domanic Davis I was not expecting Davis to fall to the 30th pick. I took him as the 17th Rb off the board. I have him ranked much higher than that. He was the last of a nd tier of RBs I consider possible Rb 1 or strong Rb 2. I was more hoping for Holt Moss or Heap here actualy but all of them were gone. I strongly considered taking Boldin here even though I saw DD as the highest ranking player and best value to have dropped to me. Boldin has some injury past issues also though and there were no Rbs that I see comparing to what DD has done before availale. There were still several Wrs available that I think can put up comparable or better numbers than I expect Boldin will and I knew I would be able to pick again and take one of the Wrs from this tier. DD was in a tier by hmself that I did not expect to fall to me. So I took DD knowing that his knee is hurting and it could be a wasted pick if he misses a lot of time due to injury. News circulatng about DD after I picked him has had a much more negative tone to it. But from my perspectve nothing really has changed in regards to him. He just doesen't appear ready to play the 1st preseason game. This doesen't mean he wont still be the man in Kubiaks offense that could propell DD to even higher totals than what he has put up before. Which is very good. Boom/Bust pick high risk.

3.03 Reggie Wayne. Honestly I am very high on Reggie Wayne this year. Waynes catches have been steadily increasing every season he has been with Manning. Last year he actualy caught one more than Harrison did. I think Wayne will steadily continue to improve and the Colts will certainly throw the ball a lot more this year wth Edge gone. I have Wayne and Boldin performing so close to each other and honestly I think Wayne has more upside to suprise while Boldin has been performing at a peak level. Getting them both could have been good if Wayne dropped with one more Wr targeted most likely before this pick.. That will depend on how DD does. But I like Wayne here as a solid WR 1 for me.

4.14 Rod Smith I really wanted Mason here. But it looks like so did everyone else. I was kind of hoping a decent TE would be available with this pick also. But Witten LJ Smith Cooley even Watson and McMichael were all gone before it came back to me. TE is a sore spot for me in this draft and mainly because of how quickly the top 10 came off the board. Which happened before this pick. I just could not see value in taking one of the lesser TE here. I considered taking Horn instead. But I am uncertain if he will rebound to previous levels or if Stallworth has taken over as the Wr 1 now. Im also not sure how well Brees will do and how the targets will be distributed. Rod Smith on the other hand has been a solid performer for a long time. His lower TD numbers do not matter as much in pts/reception leagues. I like Rod Smith as the 20th Wr off the board. Worries with him are age (now 36) and the possibility of Walker taken some of his receptions in a run heavy offense. But Smith has thrived with a good Wr opposite him before. I saw the value of players shifting to the QBs here. And I considered taking 2 of them sensing a Qb run about to come. But I was hoping to find value later landing Oak or Az QB in round 6. I did not expect Calbear or Yellowdog to take QB here because Calbear still only had one Rb and Yellowdog only had Chambers at Wr. So I felt safe to wait and take Palmer with my next pick. If Brady would have still been available I might have taken him and then planned to take another Qb with my 5th pick and be strong at that position.

5.03 Bengals TMQB I like the Bengals OLine and Wrs. Rudi gives thier offense great balance also. As a team Qb I like the Bengals even more than I just like Palmer. Because I think thier passing offense will still be productive even if Palmer is out for a short period of time. I really like this pick and I am glad yellowdog didnt steal it away from me. If Horn would have fallen to me here I would have considered going with a 3rd Wr. But I doubt I would have passed on Palmer to do that. Horn just worries me too much and I was still targeting Stallworth later if I could get him.

6.14 Lendale White I was allready planning to take 2 Rbs with picks 6 and 7 as long as some Rbs fell that I thought had reasonable chances to become feature Rbs. White fits the bill. I don't think the Titans have a lot of confidence in Brown. White to me here as 37th Rb off the board offers great value. I like his chances to be a feature Rb about as well as Rbs like Rhodes Foster Benson who were being taken several rounds before. If it works out how I hope my team should be dominating from the Rb position.

7.03 Samkon Gado This pick totaly depends on Ahman Green's recovery. If Green cannot come back then I expect Gado to be the man and a 4th feature Rb for me. There was not many other Rbs left that I felt had a similar opportunity. Possibly Morency but since I have DD I would not consider him. Handcuffing is a strat for head to head not total points leagues imho. The only other guy I liked to be a feature Rb quickly is Cedrick Houston. I was hoping people might sleep on him more and I could get him later. I knew Gado would be too tempting for some owner.

8.14 Zack Hilton Honestly I am not really happy with this pick here. The Tes got picked over so hard. It really bothered me. I wanted Troupe here. But honestly I did not expect him to fall as far as he had. And then it was just a tease when I was only a few picks away from being able to get him. I considered Alex Smith Marcedes Lewis and Bubba Franks here. But I gambled that Brees will target the Te Hilton a ton like he was doing with Gates. It remains to be seen how well Hilton fares with Brees though. Another high risk pick.

9.03 Amani Toomer Honestly I really don't like Toomer. He has a poor reception percentage over his career and is getting older. However I really needed a Wr and I recognised that Eli and the Giants will throw the ball a lot. Toomer did much better the 2nd half of the season and got Eli's trust I think. Plax is a minor injury risk as well which would really help Toomer if Plax misses time. Wrs have been picked over pretty hard by this point. I got Toomer as the 45th Wr off the board. I also considered Eric Moulds with this pick. But I had to go with the better Qb in Eli over Carr as well as Giants possible post season points. Although honestly post season points was not much of a consideration for me in evaluating players.

10.14 Bubba Franks I was looking for Moulds or Givens to possibly slide here as many teams allready had a lot of Wrs. But its a long wait with 16 teams getting to these even numbered picks. They were gone and Houston was gone which disapointed me. So I went with the other TE I was considering 2 rounds before. I saw the 1st 2 defenses were off the board and a likely DT run was about to begin but I did not think they were valuable enough yet and would let others pick over the obvious defenses trusting my ability to take some sleeper Ds later that will perform well for me.

11.03 Troy Williamson The Wrs available here have been really diminished. I expect Willamson to explode this year and think he will be better than Koren Robinson or any other Viking Wr. He is very good on slant patterns and I think Brad will be able to get him the ball in position to make things happen YAC wise. As Wr 62 and my Wr 4 I think he will prove to be great value for me. He has a lot of upside and could outperform my expectations. I also considered taking Caldwell here but liked Williamsons prospects much better. I thought about Duckett as my Rb 5 but TDs just don't matter as much imo in leagues that reward points for receptions.

12.14 Atlanta Falcons DT I saw the defenses get picked over pretty hard and there was only a few left that I liked. Atlanta Bills Seahawks Packers. Atlanta was my 1st choice. They added Abraham to bookend with Kerney. They have Babineux developing as a NT to pair with Coleman and a formidible front 4. As good or close to any other Dline unit in the league. Thier Lbers are decent also and they have Hall and a new rookie in the same mold as him at the other CB position. I think they will force a lot of sacks and turnovers with this unit that struggled last year and s perhaps being overlooked.

13.03 Buffalo Bills DT Another defense that is very talented but had a poor year last year when they lost Pat Williams (free agency) and Takeo Spikes (injury). Spikes will be back and they developed another good Lber in Crowell last year during Spikes absense. They have switched to a cover 2 defense and brought in Tripplett from the Colts as a DT to work with thier underated DEs. Clemons is a elite Cb. They need thier rookie SS to make a impact and this can be a top 5 defense again. The offense wont be helping them out much in that regard. But I like this defense to be one that can create turnovers and sacks even if they give up a lot of points.

14.14 MIke Bell DING!! High risk high reward. If this guy becomes the Broncos starter even in RBBC he will really help my team. Otherwise he is a waste. Been reading the training camp reports and trying to add him in dynasty for over a week (bids on him have gotten huge now that the word it out). Was good timing that the news hit while I was still on the clock though giving me more hope in taking him.

15.03 Troy Brown The wrs left are just brutal. I took Brown in hopes that Brady turns to him now with Givens gone and Branch holding out. But we'll see...

16.14 Jets Qb They have 3 Qbs. I figure at least one of them will be decent. I didn't want the other Qbs left here.

17.03 Olindo Mare Still a very good kicker.

18.14 Robbie Gould This guy has a fan club. I figure he will keep the job because of that.
Hook likes your team but not me I think its brutally bad..had a chance at SA and dont take it???? The guy is a stat whore and you let him get by you? Then you followed it up with DD who has water on the knee and is very shaky to play at all anytime soon. Lundy looks really good there also...this team is so bad its hard to not say soemthing bad about every pick...I like Wayne a lot this year and had you not LUCKED out on Mike Bell this team would be the favorite for the last three spots IMO(now looking it over it is anyways)..Your WRs are ancientthe Te's stink...Rb's after Portis a joke..Lendale White will be a bust! I may drop dead in my tracks if you finish ahead of me..that's all..you had the nerve to yap at me and then go draft this farce of a team?

In this format total points scoring all players I agree with CalBear that taking 2nd place is not somthing that I would strive for. I took more risks with players I picked than I would in a head to head league, where I can manage my roster with trades, free agency and starting lineups. I didn't come into this draft planning to do this. But that defintly became my tendency from the very 1st pick.

1.03 Clinton Portis I believe Portis will be the 2nd best Rb in the league this year after LT. I have owned Portis since he was a rookie n dynasty leagues so I am very familiar with him. He could have easily scored 6 more TDs last year in Gibbs offense. TDs that went to players such as Sellers and Cooley in short yardage situations. I don't see that happening again in 2006 now that Portis is in the KC offense that funnels most of its TDs through the feature Rb. I see Portis having a huge year this year. The offensive line returns intact. And the recievers have been upgraded.

Most people will consider it a risk to pass on the proven production of Alexander over the past 3 years for Portis. But I see several negatives for Alexander this year while I see none for Portis.

2.14 Domanic Davis I was not expecting Davis to fall to the 30th pick. I took him as the 17th Rb off the board. I have him ranked much higher than that. He was the last of a nd tier of RBs I consider possible Rb 1 or strong Rb 2. I was more hoping for Holt Moss or Heap here actualy but all of them were gone. I strongly considered taking Boldin here even though I saw DD as the highest ranking player and best value to have dropped to me. Boldin has some injury past issues also though and there were no Rbs that I see comparing to what DD has done before availale. There were still several Wrs available that I think can put up comparable or better numbers than I expect Boldin will and I knew I would be able to pick again and take one of the Wrs from this tier. DD was in a tier by hmself that I did not expect to fall to me. So I took DD knowing that his knee is hurting and it could be a wasted pick if he misses a lot of time due to injury. News circulatng about DD after I picked him has had a much more negative tone to it. But from my perspectve nothing really has changed in regards to him. He just doesen't appear ready to play the 1st preseason game. This doesen't mean he wont still be the man in Kubiaks offense that could propell DD to even higher totals than what he has put up before. Which is very good. Boom/Bust pick high risk.

3.03 Reggie Wayne. Honestly I am very high on Reggie Wayne this year. Waynes catches have been steadily increasing every season he has been with Manning. Last year he actualy caught one more than Harrison did. I think Wayne will steadily continue to improve and the Colts will certainly throw the ball a lot more this year wth Edge gone. I have Wayne and Boldin performing so close to each other and honestly I think Wayne has more upside to suprise while Boldin has been performing at a peak level. Getting them both could have been good if Wayne dropped with one more Wr targeted most likely before this pick.. That will depend on how DD does. But I like Wayne here as a solid WR 1 for me.

4.14 Rod Smith I really wanted Mason here. But it looks like so did everyone else. I was kind of hoping a decent TE would be available with this pick also. But Witten LJ Smith Cooley even Watson and McMichael were all gone before it came back to me. TE is a sore spot for me in this draft and mainly because of how quickly the top 10 came off the board. Which happened before this pick. I just could not see value in taking one of the lesser TE here. I considered taking Horn instead. But I am uncertain if he will rebound to previous levels or if Stallworth has taken over as the Wr 1 now. Im also not sure how well Brees will do and how the targets will be distributed. Rod Smith on the other hand has been a solid performer for a long time. His lower TD numbers do not matter as much in pts/reception leagues. I like Rod Smith as the 20th Wr off the board. Worries with him are age (now 36) and the possibility of Walker taken some of his receptions in a run heavy offense. But Smith has thrived with a good Wr opposite him before. I saw the value of players shifting to the QBs here. And I considered taking 2 of them sensing a Qb run about to come. But I was hoping to find value later landing Oak or Az QB in round 6. I did not expect Calbear or Yellowdog to take QB here because Calbear still only had one Rb and Yellowdog only had Chambers at Wr. So I felt safe to wait and take Palmer with my next pick. If Brady would have still been available I might have taken him and then planned to take another Qb with my 5th pick and be strong at that position.

5.03 Bengals TMQB I like the Bengals OLine and Wrs. Rudi gives thier offense great balance also. As a team Qb I like the Bengals even more than I just like Palmer. Because I think thier passing offense will still be productive even if Palmer is out for a short period of time. I really like this pick and I am glad yellowdog didnt steal it away from me. If Horn would have fallen to me here I would have considered going with a 3rd Wr. But I doubt I would have passed on Palmer to do that. Horn just worries me too much and I was still targeting Stallworth later if I could get him.

6.14 Lendale White I was allready planning to take 2 Rbs with picks 6 and 7 as long as some Rbs fell that I thought had reasonable chances to become feature Rbs. White fits the bill. I don't think the Titans have a lot of confidence in Brown. White to me here as 37th Rb off the board offers great value. I like his chances to be a feature Rb about as well as Rbs like Rhodes Foster Benson who were being taken several rounds before. If it works out how I hope my team should be dominating from the Rb position.

7.03 Samkon Gado This pick totaly depends on Ahman Green's recovery. If Green cannot come back then I expect Gado to be the man and a 4th feature Rb for me. There was not many other Rbs left that I felt had a similar opportunity. Possibly Morency but since I have DD I would not consider him. Handcuffing is a strat for head to head not total points leagues imho. The only other guy I liked to be a feature Rb quickly is Cedrick Houston. I was hoping people might sleep on him more and I could get him later. I knew Gado would be too tempting for some owner.

8.14 Zack Hilton Honestly I am not really happy with this pick here. The Tes got picked over so hard. It really bothered me. I wanted Troupe here. But honestly I did not expect him to fall as far as he had. And then it was just a tease when I was only a few picks away from being able to get him. I considered Alex Smith Marcedes Lewis and Bubba Franks here. But I gambled that Brees will target the Te Hilton a ton like he was doing with Gates. It remains to be seen how well Hilton fares with Brees though. Another high risk pick.

9.03 Amani Toomer Honestly I really don't like Toomer. He has a poor reception percentage over his career and is getting older. However I really needed a Wr and I recognised that Eli and the Giants will throw the ball a lot. Toomer did much better the 2nd half of the season and got Eli's trust I think. Plax is a minor injury risk as well which would really help Toomer if Plax misses time. Wrs have been picked over pretty hard by this point. I got Toomer as the 45th Wr off the board. I also considered Eric Moulds with this pick. But I had to go with the better Qb in Eli over Carr as well as Giants possible post season points. Although honestly post season points was not much of a consideration for me in evaluating players.

10.14 Bubba Franks I was looking for Moulds or Givens to possibly slide here as many teams allready had a lot of Wrs. But its a long wait with 16 teams getting to these even numbered picks. They were gone and Houston was gone which disapointed me. So I went with the other TE I was considering 2 rounds before. I saw the 1st 2 defenses were off the board and a likely DT run was about to begin but I did not think they were valuable enough yet and would let others pick over the obvious defenses trusting my ability to take some sleeper Ds later that will perform well for me.

11.03 Troy Williamson The Wrs available here have been really diminished. I expect Willamson to explode this year and think he will be better than Koren Robinson or any other Viking Wr. He is very good on slant patterns and I think Brad will be able to get him the ball in position to make things happen YAC wise. As Wr 62 and my Wr 4 I think he will prove to be great value for me. He has a lot of upside and could outperform my expectations. I also considered taking Caldwell here but liked Williamsons prospects much better. I thought about Duckett as my Rb 5 but TDs just don't matter as much imo in leagues that reward points for receptions.

12.14 Atlanta Falcons DT I saw the defenses get picked over pretty hard and there was only a few left that I liked. Atlanta Bills Seahawks Packers. Atlanta was my 1st choice. They added Abraham to bookend with Kerney. They have Babineux developing as a NT to pair with Coleman and a formidible front 4. As good or close to any other Dline unit in the league. Thier Lbers are decent also and they have Hall and a new rookie in the same mold as him at the other CB position. I think they will force a lot of sacks and turnovers with this unit that struggled last year and s perhaps being overlooked.

13.03 Buffalo Bills DT Another defense that is very talented but had a poor year last year when they lost Pat Williams (free agency) and Takeo Spikes (injury). Spikes will be back and they developed another good Lber in Crowell last year during Spikes absense. They have switched to a cover 2 defense and brought in Tripplett from the Colts as a DT to work with thier underated DEs. Clemons is a elite Cb. They need thier rookie SS to make a impact and this can be a top 5 defense again. The offense wont be helping them out much in that regard. But I like this defense to be one that can create turnovers and sacks even if they give up a lot of points.

14.14 MIke Bell DING!! High risk high reward. If this guy becomes the Broncos starter even in RBBC he will really help my team. Otherwise he is a waste. Been reading the training camp reports and trying to add him in dynasty for over a week (bids on him have gotten huge now that the word it out). Was good timing that the news hit while I was still on the clock though giving me more hope in taking him.

15.03 Troy Brown The wrs left are just brutal. I took Brown in hopes that Brady turns to him now with Givens gone and Branch holding out. But we'll see...

16.14 Jets Qb They have 3 Qbs. I figure at least one of them will be decent. I didn't want the other Qbs left here.

18.14 Robbie Gould This guy has a fan club. I figure he will keep the job because of that.
Hook likes your team but not me I think its brutally bad..had a chance at SA and dont take it???? The guy is a stat whore and you let him get by you? Then you followed it up with DD who has water on the knee and is very shaky to play at all anytime soon. Lundy looks really good there also...this team is so bad its hard to not say soemthing bad about every pick...I like Wayne a lot this year and had you not LUCKED out on Mike Bell this team would be the favorite for the last three spots IMO(now looking it over it is anyways)..Your WRs are ancientthe Te's stink...Rb's after Portis a joke..Lendale White will be a bust! I may drop dead in my tracks if you finish ahead of me..that's all..you had the nerve to yap at me and then go draft this farce of a team?
Biabreakable...I'd hit him up for a cash wager, but he'll never commit to sending the funds to a 3rd party.

Look you whining SOB, I never said anything about his team (or anyone else's team).Are you so punch drunk you can't tell one person in the league from another?

You can apologize for that (yeah you can do it privately so you don't lose face if you are not man enough to do it here) or hope you never get within proximity or I will make you apologize to whomever is there.

Be a man - if you have something to say, don't hide behind "someone said"

LOL Donny

You allready said (if I understand your english correctly.. hard to be sure..) that your afraid of my team then come back and say that if not for my LUCK of getting Mike Bell late (let that sink in) I would be in the bottom 3?

I don't think your team is that bad Donny you should have more confidence in yourself. There has not even been any games played yet. I realise you finshed poorly last year but that doesen't mean you will be scraping the barrel again this year neccessarlily.

You seem to have somthing personal against Lendale White.. its understandable a lot of people do because of his actions this offseason and then more recently with him spitting on a team mate. White got benched for that recent incident and Fisher is a great HC imho. I am no fan of White but it seems pretty clear to me that he is going to be a factor for the Titans this year. Chris Brown is crying for a new contract or a trade allready. I also read he has hurt himself (although somthing minor) in limited action from the 1st game.

White even if he splits time is likely going to see goal line duty. Like him as a person or not he is going to put up some points for me. I do not see Henry being a factor and Chris Brown is a fragile player that could easily give way to White seeing the majority of the work for the Titans as they further transition to Chows offense.

As far as Domanic Davis goes I am fully aware that he could be putting up zero's for me all season long. However I see Davis as a gamer. That guy is nothing but sheer force of will as the source of his success. I like players like that and I think he will play through his injury when the games matter. I don't disagree with people not taking a risk on him otherwise he never would have fallen to pick 30. But when he did I had the nutz to roll the dice on him playing because I believe in him. He has heart.

Wali Lundy doing well in a preseason game only shows you how capable the Texans offense is of producing very good Rb numbers. As they have proven before. I see this team as being even better in this regard with Kubiak now in charge. Davis with his injury risk is in a position to vastly outperform where I was able to draft him if he can play through pain (which I believe he can) or his knee recovers (which it can).

I have no issue with Calbears assesments. He uses FBG projections as an objective means to evaluate everyones teams. I allready KNOW my team is not going to stand out based on those projections. If it did there is no way I would have been able to assemble it. I drafted based on MY projections and assesments.

I could have taken the safer route and passed on DD for a Wr. If I did that I was looking at a Wr tier that included Wayne Boldin DJax Chambers Driver. I could have tried to double up on Wrs there or hoped that DD would fall to my next pick at 3.03

My 1st choice was Wayne. I think he will catch more than 90 balls this year. Boldin was next but I see him losing targets to Edge running the ball and as a reciever as well as to Az 3 Wr sets that we just saw them executing. Boldin is a minor injury risk also. DJax is still hurting right now as well. Chambers concerns me because of his poor catch percentage. Culpepper may not be up to speed and when/if he is I know he will take the open target and not just force the ball to Chambers. So I don't see Chamber maintaining his huge target numbers this year. Driver was actualy the safer of the Wrs here imho but I did not feel he offered as much upside as DD not even close.

So I made my decision and took DD who if he can overcome his knee injury will likely outperform MANY of the Rbs taken ahead of this pick and really push my team ahead of the compitition. I still ended up getting Wayne with my following pick.

I know people probobly do not think my Wrs are that great but I trust my ability to evaluate Wrs and passing games enough to know that the Wrs I have are being overlooked. If a lot of people thought the Wrs I took were the next big thing I wouldn't have been able to draft them where I did. Rod Smith is old but he is still the man when the Donkeys need a 1st down. Defenses must play the run and account for Javon Walkers speed. I see lots of single coverage for Rod Smith and he is a true pro and still going to be thier number one Wr. He is not as exciting as Mason/Mcnair combo reuniting or other break out Wrs people were drafting there but he is a solid performer. One of the few risky picks I made as I recognised I needed a high catch Wr to counter other teams high Wr investments. Troy Williamson is going to break out this year. I think he will catch 60-80 passes with good YAC numbers, above 14 YPC and be the best Wr the Vikings have in 2006. While Caldwell has been the talk of Pats camp its because he is the new guy. Troy Brown is thier veteran and a true team player who will be called upon if Branch continues to hold out. Perhaps people forget that Brown used to catch 90 passes a season with the Pats before Branch and Givens developed and offered a bit more than Brown did in terms of speed and other measurables. Toomer has a decent chance to outperform Plexiglass or at least be close in a offense that throws the ball a ton.

I don't expect to win this league because of my Wrs. But I think they can hold thier own.

Bass I honestly have not really looked at Donnys team nor am I looking for side wagers with strangers. I joined this league because of the zero maintence it offered and for a fun redraft league to test out my projections against other knowledgable players.

Captain Hook scooped me more than any other drafter. Razorback and Joffer were close ties for 2nd in that regard.

Now back to my "LUCK" drafting Mike Bell. I forgot to mention before that I was thinking about him when I passed on TJ Duckett Donny. That is why I went another direction with that pick. Because I wanted to leave my flex open for a late pick that could really push my team over the rest. I always planned to draft a 5th Rb as my flex because they offered me the best utility of the flex position in this format. I was going to use Houston there but he got scooped from me. I considered Duckett later but because of Norwood Duckett does not offer the same feature Rb opportunity if Dunn gets injured.

That is another factor of risk while drafting.. trying to maximise each pick by waiting on your targets. I could have taken Mike Bell earlier but rolled the dice that he would still be there for me later while I picked my defenses. So at least from my perspective it is not so much luck as it is calculated risk. I was lucky no one else drafted him before the news came out I guess.

I have no issue with Calbears assesments. He uses FBG projections as an objective means to evaluate everyones teams. I allready KNOW my team is not going to stand out based on those projections. If it did there is no way I would have been able to assemble it. I drafted based on MY projections and assesments.
To be accurate, I start with FBG projections but add my own modifications for players where I differ significantly from FBG; that's probably 10-20% of the top part of the player pool.

LOL DonnyYou allready said (if I understand your english correctly.. hard to be sure..) that your afraid of my team then come back and say that if not for my LUCK of getting Mike Bell late (let that sink in) I would be in the bottom 3?HUH..no you got it wrong..how could anyone be afraid fo that mess..ya my english and spelling ius bad..real bad if you got that out if itI don't think your team is that bad Donny you should have more confidence in yourself. There has not even been any games played yet. I realise you finshed poorly last year but that doesen't mean you will be scraping the barrel again this year neccessarlily.I know my team is good..again you have it backwardsYou seem to have somthing personal against Lendale White.. its understandable a lot of people do because of his actions this offseason and then more recently with him spitting on a team mate. White got benched for that recent incident and Fisher is a great HC imho. I am no fan of White but it seems pretty clear to me that he is going to be a factor for the Titans this year. Chris Brown is crying for a new contract or a trade allready. I also read he has hurt himself (although somthing minor) in limited action from the 1st game.I do becasue he is VERY slow..reminds me of Dayne..just not as good..ans much more injury proneWhite even if he splits time is likely going to see goal line duty. Like him as a person or not he is going to put up some points for me. I do not see Henry being a factor and Chris Brown is a fragile player that could easily give way to White seeing the majority of the work for the Titans as they further transition to Chows offense.As far as Domanic Davis goes I am fully aware that he could be putting up zero's for me all season long. However I see Davis as a gamer. That guy is nothing but sheer force of will as the source of his success. I like players like that and I think he will play through his injury when the games matter. I don't disagree with people not taking a risk on him otherwise he never would have fallen to pick 30. But when he did I had the nutz to roll the dice on him playing because I believe in him. He has heart. yet the are begging him to learn how to play with pain as he will have to for the rest of his career..the guy sits when he has a hang natl.wtf you talking about?Wali Lundy doing well in a preseason game only shows you how capable the Texans offense is of producing very good Rb numbers. As they have proven before. I see this team as being even better in this regard with Kubiak now in charge. Davis with his injury risk is in a position to vastly outperform where I was able to draft him if he can play through pain (which I believe he can) or his knee recovers (which it can).I have no issue with Calbears assesments. He uses FBG projections as an objective means to evaluate everyones teams. I allready KNOW my team is not going to stand out based on those projections. If it did there is no way I would have been able to assemble it. I drafted based on MY projections and assesments. your team is dead in the water now..YOU PASSED ON SA FOR PORTIS!!!!!! ROLMAO!!!I could have taken the safer route and passed on DD for a Wr. If I did that I was looking at a Wr tier that included Wayne Boldin DJax Chambers Driver. I could have tried to double up on Wrs there or hoped that DD would fall to my next pick at 3.03 WISH YOU DID IT NOW?My 1st choice was Wayne. I think he will catch more than 90 balls this year. Boldin was next but I see him losing targets to Edge running the ball and as a reciever as well as to Az 3 Wr sets that we just saw them executing. Boldin is a minor injury risk also. DJax is still hurting right now as well. Chambers concerns me because of his poor catch percentage. Culpepper may not be up to speed and when/if he is I know he will take the open target and not just force the ball to Chambers. So I don't see Chamber maintaining his huge target numbers this year. Driver was actualy the safer of the Wrs here imho but I did not feel he offered as much upside as DD not even close.I LOVE WAYNE.So I made my decision and took DD who if he can overcome his knee injury will likely outperform MANY of the Rbs taken ahead of this pick and really push my team ahead of the compitition. I still ended up getting Wayne with my following pick.I know people probobly do not think my Wrs are that great but I trust my ability to evaluate Wrs and passing games enough to know that the Wrs I have are being overlooked. If a lot of people thought the Wrs I took were the next big thing I wouldn't have been able to draft them where I did. Rod Smith is old but he is still the man when the Donkeys need a 1st down. Defenses must play the run and account for Javon Walkers speed. I see lots of single coverage for Rod Smith and he is a true pro and still going to be thier number one Wr. He is not as exciting as Mason/Mcnair combo reuniting or other break out Wrs people were drafting there but he is a solid performer. One of the few risky picks I made as I recognised I needed a high catch Wr to counter other teams high Wr investments. Troy Williamson is going to break out this year. I think he will catch 60-80 passes with good YAC numbers, above 14 YPC and be the best Wr the Vikings have in 2006. While Caldwell has been the talk of Pats camp its because he is the new guy. Troy Brown is thier veteran and a true team player who will be called upon if Branch continues to hold out. Perhaps people forget that Brown used to catch 90 passes a season with the Pats before Branch and Givens developed and offered a bit more than Brown did in terms of speed and other measurables. Toomer has a decent chance to outperform Plexiglass or at least be close in a offense that throws the ball a ton.I don't expect to win this league because of my Wrs. But I think they can hold thier own.Bass I honestly have not really looked at Donnys team nor am I looking for side wagers with strangers. I joined this league because of the zero maintence it offered and for a fun redraft league to test out my projections against other knowledgable players.WILL SEND THE CASH TO YOUR MOM IF YOU WOULD BET ME..THATS FOR SURE..PUT UP OR SHUT UP IS HOW IT GOES WITH MECaptain Hook scooped me more than any other drafter. Razorback and Joffer were close ties for 2nd in that regard.AND CAL BEAR TO I BET..Now back to my "LUCK" drafting Mike Bell. I forgot to mention before that I was thinking about him when I passed on TJ Duckett Donny. That is why I went another direction with that pick. Because I wanted to leave my flex open for a late pick that could really push my team over the rest. I always planned to draft a 5th Rb as my flex because they offered me the best utility of the flex position in this format. I was going to use Houston there but he got scooped from me. I considered Duckett later but because of Norwood Duckett does not offer the same feature Rb opportunity if Dunn gets injured.OH YOU WERE THINKING OIF HIM BEFORE THYE NAMED HIM #1? IF SO YOIUR A LIAR.That is another factor of risk while drafting.. trying to maximise each pick by waiting on your targets. I could have taken Mike Bell earlier but rolled the dice that he would still be there for me later while I picked my defenses. So at least from my perspective it is not so much luck as it is calculated risk. I was lucky no one else drafted him before the news came out I guess.
BS IF YOU ARE AT ALL SAYING YOU WOULD HAVE TAKEN BELL BEFORE HE WAS NAMED #1...BS INDEED!YOU GOT LUCKY YO GET HIM AS ANYONE WHO WAS ON THE BOARD AT THE TIME WOULD HAVE HI, IT WAS YOU...ONLY BECASUE I MIGHT ADD OF THE FACT THAT FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME INB MY LIFE LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF LEAGUES i DECIDED TO PREDRAFT FOR JUST ABOUT EVERY PICK...THIS GROUP IS TERRIBLE FOR RUSHING YOU AND IF YOU DONT WITH LIGHTNING PICK YOUR SOME KIND OF A LAME ####### FOR IT AND I JUST DID NOT WANT TO HEAR IT THIS YEAR...NOT SURE WHY THERE IS EVEN A CLOCK IN THIS ONE...HAD I DRAFTED THIS LEAGUE LIKE ANY OTHER THAT I FEEL IS COMPETITVE OR FOR CASH I LKIKELY OWN bELL AS I NEVER EVER EVER PREDRAFT..AND THAT GOES FOR SO MANY REASON I CONT CARE GO OVER THE ALL RIGHT NOW AGAIN HERE...BUT JUST PUT IT THIS WAY...HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TON HAVE HAD PORTSIN PREDRAFTED AT 8:PM TONIGHT BUT SATILL HAD 8 HOURS ON YOUR CLOCK? NEVERMIND THE TIMES I HAD FRED LANE AND RICKY WILLIAMS ALL LOADED UP IN THE PREDRAFT TOOLS..F THAT CRAP ANYMORE..HEY WHO HAD PORTIS? THANK GOODNESS YOU HAD THE THRE HOLE AND LOCKED UP ONE OF THE BIG THREE HUH? :hey: (BIA) :cry: (BIA)

BS IF YOU ARE AT ALL SAYING YOU WOULD HAVE TAKEN BELL BEFORE HE WAS NAMED #1...BS INDEED!YOU GOT LUCKY YO GET HIM AS ANYONE WHO WAS ON THE BOARD AT THE TIME WOULD HAVE HI, IT WAS YOU...ONLY BECASUE I MIGHT ADD OF THE FACT THAT FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME INB MY LIFE LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF LEAGUES i DECIDED TO PREDRAFT FOR JUST ABOUT EVERY PICK...THIS GROUP IS TERRIBLE FOR RUSHING YOU AND IF YOU DONT WITH LIGHTNING PICK YOUR SOME KIND OF A LAME ####### FOR IT AND I JUST DID NOT WANT TO HEAR IT THIS YEAR...NOT SURE WHY THERE IS EVEN A CLOCK IN THIS ONE...HAD I DRAFTED THIS LEAGUE LIKE ANY OTHER THAT I FEEL IS COMPETITVE OR FOR CASH I LKIKELY OWN bELL AS I NEVER EVER EVER PREDRAFT..AND THAT GOES FOR SO MANY REASON I CONT CARE GO OVER THE ALL RIGHT NOW AGAIN HERE...BUT JUST PUT IT THIS WAY...HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TON HAVE HAD PORTSIN PREDRAFTED AT 8:PM TONIGHT BUT SATILL HAD 8 HOURS ON YOUR CLOCK? NEVERMIND THE TIMES I HAD FRED LANE AND RICKY WILLIAMS ALL LOADED UP IN THE PREDRAFT TOOLS..F THAT CRAP ANYMORE..HEY WHO HAD PORTIS? THANK GOODNESS YOU HAD THE THRE HOLE AND LOCKED UP ONE OF THE BIG THREE HUH? :hey: (BIA) :cry: (BIA)
:shock: Okay, I'm now at the point where I can't believe he's real.

BY the way did you guys go trash the league one guy who took Indy team QB a pick before i did here? Did BNB rip him over there or what? Just wondering..I am of the opinion that Manning may have his best all around year this year knowing he has to pick up the slack for the departed Edge..and with 6 points fro TD's I felt it was my only pick there..
No :bag: But it's not as fun as busting on you, especially after all the trash you talked last year. Go look at league 3 and 4 if you really want some laughs. Your team actually looks serviceable this year. Still not sold on the Manning pick, but you did find some late value that could very well turn it into a very solid pick. I'll get into more detail later as the drafts are still in progress.
What's that supposed to mean? :fishing:

DonnyT33 said:
The excuses are starting early this year. :thumbup:

<-----cool calm and collected.

You won't be hearing any excuses or crying from me. If my top guys won't help me then I will just have to beat you all with my 2nd string.

:banned:

Wow, vicious league here, glad I'm in league 4, regardless of Bass N Brew's comment :mellow:

I'd like to start lobbying now for a position in league 1 next year :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:

Biabreakable...I'd hit him up for a cash wager, but he'll never commit to sending the funds to a 3rd party.
Bass you backing him for the $50? if so i will send Aaron and Aaron only my end(total of a hundred this one and only time after this i will take your word and you take mines..like we should be doing now!)..let me know. I really dont like to play this thrid party thing but i will this once..all that might happen is a push and its just a waste of time and hold up of monies..plus anything can happen...i will do it but think its the dumbest thing i ever heard of, personally speaking....If you are really that worried about my end then this would be the one and only time i would do this...and think your very low for asking..really what is your probolem with a simnple bet our words...I have ben a bookmaker for almost 30 years now. Now you understand why you would ask such a thing..payment and collection of wagers is my living..unreal it had to go this far guy...let me knowe

:shock: Okay, I'm now at the point where I can't believe he's real.
guy your the one who needs the blow up doll..not me..dont you think your act is getting a bit old and lame around here? Not sure who you think you are or talking to but you need to realize your nothing to me and your comments even less to me so why would you even waste your time? Go blow up your doll..time to get your action.

When it's closer to the year BNB..don't worry you did not win anything yet..tell me did you send your money yet, because I PM'd you long ago and told you do not send it until I do because as i told you why send it 4 months before the season and screw up our/my checking accounts?. This is BS..stop..when i send it i, will let you know never know we might be sending $100..OK so stop this BS please....what was so hard about that? BNB we can find ways to gamble of FF in 1,000s of ways i spend 20k a year on such things..so if there is a league say at xpertsports.com you would like to get in with me and play for side action i would LOVE to take your cash..just point me to the league and make sure there is an opening for me. if you want to play for good cash i would prefer you made it a no trade league, then we could play for what ever you can afford to lose..total points me and you..name the amount BEFORE THE DRAFT. You have an account there at xperts right? I have seen a bass type name there and think its you if so please stop timing out of picks and pick more promtly on SL's and DM's, if it is you)..go there and get in a $50 league there I am in lots of them already..just pick a $50 no trade league ( I am in 15) or $100 no trade (I am in 14 already) and we can gamble for as much as your little heart desires.BNB you can ask Aaron here I pay my FF debts and I COLLECT then as well. he knows this and is another reason why I am in no hurry to send this and usually don't do this kind of business until after the season. But I can understand that if you are not familiar with certain guys to want to do it this way. But rest assured I am not one of those type guys, the exact opposite actually. I have been stiffed on FF wagers out here and think it's one of the worst things one can do and if you go check my sig and FF philosophy that has been on my account since day one at Xperts you will understand this as i mention it. So please post like this are very unnecessary and when dealing with me will not get you anywhere. I will do things my way even more after seeing things like this. I specifically told you exactly how and when i would send the money and really don't have the time for you or this until I really feel i need to. Again as I told you..i trust you not to send anything because i doubt you would want to see my sig here after you stiffed me a bet..same would go for me although myself stiffing a bet is 100% out of the question..especially because I have lost very few but won very many. I would rather lose the $50 than have to come back here after stiffing a another poster a bet..get it now BNB?...lateryou have given be a good reason to add to my sig here..thanksLet me know,DTnow if anyone else could let me know when and where this draft will be that would be great..thanks
ahh Donny :lmao:

17.16 272 Construxboy Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK Wed Aug 9 8:59:27 a.m. ET 2006 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
18.11 283 MLBrandow Gramatica, Martin NEP PK Wed Aug 9 6:57:52 p.m. ET 2006 Looks like someone picked the wrong kicker....
someone was released today :bye:

Hi guys.....How we feeling now?
Well, I REALLY wish I could take my 4.05 pick back (Dayne). :bag: The Mike Bell insertion just killed my RBs. Tatum Bell will still do well, but I was really thinking he'd get the starting spot and be worth a high pick like that.Stallworth's move to Philly gave me a slight boost, I think. Now, if only he could stay healthy.......

Miami QB: +

Houston QB: =

Tomlinson: =

Rhodes: =

Martin: --

Davenport: =

Boldin: =

Driver: =

Horn: ++

Bruce: =

C.Wilson: =

C.Anderson: +

E.Johnson: +

D.Graham: =

Longwell: =

Nugent: =

Pitt D: =

Oakland D: =

Looking OK. I do need Rhodes to at least be decent in IND, and Davenport to at least get some garbage time numbers through the season.

QB – Atlanta & San Francisco - still think SF will be a much better value than a few Team QBs taken several rounds earlier. Like Atlanta better with Duckett gone and Lelie added.

RB - Shaun Alexander, Reggie Bush, Verron Haynes, and Maurice Morris - Alexander and a prayer. I think R Bush is in full blown RBBC with Deuce behind a poor OL. Need Haynes to outperform expectations here.

WR – R Moss (2.13), D Mason (4.13), TJ Housh (5.4), J Porter (9.4), Reg Williams (11.4) A Battle (13.4) - Love this group of WRs.

TE – J Stevens (7.4) Wiggins (8.13) - Stevens injury hurts an already lower ranking TE tandem

PK – Kasay (14.13) and Scobee (16.13) - OK here

Defense – Chicago Bears and Arizona Cardinals - Hope that the Bears find a little offense

At this point in the season I'm sitting in second place, 31 points off the lead. I thought I'd go back through and see how my draft went and why things are the way they are. Examining things pick by pick, there are three themes that pop out:

* Limit zeroes (I have just one, Curtis Martin)

* Get decent value on most picks (only missed on 3 or 4)

* Draft Ladanian Tomlinson

Other than Tomlinson, I don't have any other picks which are supremely outperforming their draft position (unless you count the Raiders D), but almost all of my picks are producing decent points, and a few are performing well. I did well to avoid chasing low-value RBs with my second and third picks (getting Boldin and Driver instead). But mostly the team is sitting there chugging away with decent but not spectacular numbers, except for Tomlinson, whose run has pushed me to the top of the league. I still am sitting on just one zero, and a number of players, including Tomlinson, have playoff prospects, so I definitely still have a shot.

Looking back, I think this was the right pick.

I probably would have taken Tomlinson even at 1.01. In any case, he's clearly been driving my team so far. He's also my best shot for playoff production. Season-changer, choosing Tomlinson over Alexander.

Boldin is currently the #16 WR, so is marginally underperforming where I took him (WR#9). But he's doing a lot better than Chambers or Droughns, and I wound up getting Driver anyway. I think he's likely to perform better than WR#16 for the rest of the regular season, though obviously Arizona has no playoff hopes. Decent pick.

Taken as WR#11, performing as WR#11. Bush, Dunn, and Lewis are nowhere to be seen (Driver is outperforming the best of them, Dunn, by over 50 points). Very slim playoff hopes, but a good pick. Reggie Wayne would have been better.

Rhodes was drafted as RB#29 and is performing as RB#33, 8 points behind #29. He'll probably get up to #29 on playoff scoring. Decent pick. Javon Walker or Fred Taylor would have been better.

I picked Horn as WR#22, and he's currently sitting at WR#29 after missing two games. With Colston slowed or out, Horn is likely to produce decent numbers. He's also very likely to be in the playoffs. Decent pick. Houshmandzadeh, Lee Evans, and Kellen Winslow were still on the board.

Bust. It happens. The best realistic replacement would have been Marion Barber, but more likely I would have wound up with someone like Gado or Mewelde Moore, who haven't done much anyway. Bad pick, still.

The unit did not turn out to be a steal as QB#13, although it's performing better recently. The real winner here would have been New Orleans, but I doubt many would have seriously considered them at this point (they lasted to 8.05). Poor pick.

Money in the bank: Bruce is WR#30, outproducing WR#44 by 23 points. The loss of Pace has hurt the St. Louis offense, but they still have playoff prospects and talent. There are no WRs taken in the next two rounds which have come near Bruce's production. Good pick.

Inversion of my other Team QB: Houston is performing as QB#13, 35 points ahead of QB#23. Chargers QB would have been even better, but this is still an excellent pick.

Performing as D#14; not so good. Ravens D would have been a lot better (D#2). Poor pick.

He's managed to come in as WR#63 so far. He was drafted as WR#61. Precision drafting! Fliers that would have worked out better were Caldwell and Jennings, but this was a decent pick.

He's actually performing as TE#26, so another par value pick. Decent. The winner would have been Desmond Clark.

Despite switching teams and missing the first three games of the season, Davenport has produced as RB#57, so this turned out to be a value pick (and could even be better, given his somewhat increased role in the offense). Still, there were several other picks to make here, Maurice Jones-Drew, Mike Bell, Michael Turner, who would have worked out better. Decent pick.

Big value here, as Johnson has performed as TE#17, the best of all the remaining TEs taken. He already has 29 catches, although only 1 TD. Good pick.

Longwell started out well but has declined with Minnesota's offense; this pick was slightly below par, but not bad overall. Stover would have been better, but only 6 points different. Decent pick.

He's performed as TE#33; he will probably get back above TE#29 now that he's back in the lineup. Good pick, better than the alternatives.

He's K#30, which is a little below par value. Best pick would have been Mare, K#11. Poor pick, but at least it's not a zero.

The Raiders D is outperforming D#32 by over 50 points; that's some serious value as the next to last pick in the draft. Good pick, not that I had any choice.

Users who are viewing this thread