What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Raiders/Titans Game Thread (1 Viewer)

Yes, it's premature, but after seeing the first real NFL game go off last night, I can't contain my excitement any longer. The autumn wind is a Raider, my hale and hearty friends, ready to blow unmercifully through Nashville once again.So this is the official thread for all my brethern Raider faithful to gather and discuss the upcoming war with Titan boosters before, during, and after the game. Called it, stamped it, no erasies, blackjack, one-two-three-around-the-corner, kings and queens jacks and aces, black (and silver) magic stamps it closed. ( :nerd: )There has been a bitter rivalry brewing between these two teams for a few years, now. Last year, the Raiders seemed to own the Titans, racking up 93 points over their two meetings, including a sound 41-24 thrashing in the AFC title game. With Kearse banged up, the Titans couldn't force pressure on Gannon, who shredded the Titans with middle and deep routes en route to a 4 TD game.It was a pretty sloppy game on the Tennessee side, marred by turnovers and the inability to get their potentially lethal offence clicking against some stout defensive play by the Raiders.The Titans must be chomping at the bit to exact some revenge as the Raiders look to reestablish their dominance. Should be an incredible game to watch.When the Raiders have the ball, it will be key to see how effective Gannon can be against a healthy Tennessee pass rush. If the Raiders O line keeps Freak & Co. off Gannon's back, he will still need to accurately thread the ball past some pretty hard-hitting corners in Rolle and Dyson. The strength of the Raider attack relies on keeping the pocket from collapsing (Stinchcomb will have his work cut out for him) and the playcalling fast and flexible, using weapons old (Rice and Porter) and new (Teyo). If the Titans can slow up the pace and knock Gannon off his game in front of a hometown crowd, it could go a long way to starting the season on the right foot.I imagine Garner will be up and running at full speed, but the Raiders will look to employ him as a receiver more than a runner. The Titan linbacking corps will have to do a good job sealing off screens and dumps, as well as receivers peeling off the line. They will have to rapidly adjust to backfield motion and the no-huddle offence, which the Raiders employ a lot of in their one-back set. With the Raiders having so many weapons to throw at you, the Titans will have to make sure to make the most of their speed off the line in blitz packages.When the Titans have the ball, the obvious player that needs to get going is Eddie George. Though McNair seemed to have faired very well even in losses against the Raiders (he racked up nearly 400 yards in their regular season loss last year), the Titans will need to establish the run in order to keep some very competent linebackers and safeties into the box. Though Woodson is incredibly solid at Cback, Terrence Shaw can sometimes be exploited, so the matchup between Shaw and Drew Bennett will be interesting.I think the Raiders can be very successful against the traditional run, but McNair can be a Raider killer if he sees a hole and takes off sprinting. The Raiders play with a lot of passion on D, so rocking them back on their heels early will aid the Titans go a long way in deflating the Raider D while getting ahead and staying ahead. Frank Wycheck, an incredible weapon when he's on, is listed with a concussion, so it will be interesting to see how the Titans can step up if Wycheck is not effective.This is no cakewalk for either team, and it should be an incredible cap-off to the first regular season Sunday.Let's have at it, ladies and gents, let the smack begin.Raiders 30, Titans 17

God, I hate the Raiders!! But I really need a nice game from Rice, so I will be pulling for 80-100 yd day and 1 TD.Besides that, I am thinking Tenn takes this one. Raiders looked flat as heck in pre-season (I know it is pre-season), but I think Tenn. squeaks out a closeone 24-20.......

I'm really not too concerned about the lackluster pre-season. After all, how do you get a team of established vets go all out duing a game that means nothing? I don't think it'll be the blowout last year (still remember when the Raiders we're up 21-0 last year before they even ran their 2nd offensive play) 24-10 Raiders.

I really think the Raiders are prime for a very disappointing season. Father time and injuries will ravage that team this year IMO. I also think the Titans are a top 3 AFC team as well.Titans 24Raders 13

27-10 Titans. And it won't look that close.I'll freely admit that Raiders lambasted the Titans last year 2 times. However, upon closer examination, the Titans made some catastrophic "high school" mistakes that helped the scores get out of hand. Would the Raiders have won both games regardless? Probably. But the Titans didn't help themselves much. Similarly, the Titans - like the rest of the NFL - have a "blueprint" for stopping the Raiders passing attack (Super Bowl film) and a full-offseason of preperation to be tuned in to this one game. The starters for the Titans have played and played well during the preseason. "It was just the preseason!" says Radierfan? Fine, but at least admit that part of you wishes you hadn't gotten your #### kicked by the Cowboys and you kind of wish Charlie Garner had been on the field a little and you kind of wish your star center hadn't gone loco since the last two times these teams played and you kind of wish Rich Gannon didn't look lethargic and you kind of wish the vaunted defense hadn't been torn up a number of times....Titans control the ball, the game, and the score.HERD

Similarly, the Titans - like the rest of the NFL - have a "blueprint" for stopping the Raiders passing attack (Super Bowl film) and a full-offseason of preperation to be tuned in to this one game. The starters for the Titans have played and played well during the preseason. Titans control the ball, the game, and the score.HERD
In relation to these two points, I think the Raiders just had a terrible game in the one game that truly mattered, so just watching the Superbowl tape is not going to lend some incredible magical key to unravelling the Raiders O. Granted, there are tendencies to exploit, but let's remember that the real advantage to stymying the Raiders was Gruden's intimate knowledge of both the playbook and the players on the opposing sideline.Also, while one has to respect the Titans D, and they did, indeed, look strong in the preseason, they are not as dynamic and opportunistic at every position like Tampa -- from Rice to Sapp to Quarles (although not right now) to Brooks to Barber to Lynch -- that's real depth, something the Titans do not have to the same extent.But as I mentioned in my first post, I have to agree with your second post -- if the Titans control the ball according to their own gameplan, and play proactively rather than reactively, then they have the potential to knock off my beloved Raiders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's premature, but after seeing the first real NFL game go off last night, I can't contain my excitement any longer. The autumn wind is a Raider, my hale and hearty friends, ready to blow unmercifully through Nashville once again.
If memory serves, the last time the "Raider wind" blew through Nashville it got beat and Eddie rushed for 200+ yards.

Yes, it's premature, but after seeing the first real NFL game go off last night, I can't contain my excitement any longer. The autumn wind is a Raider, my hale and hearty friends, ready to blow unmercifully through Nashville once again.
If memory serves, the last time the "Raider wind" blew through Nashville it got beat and Eddie rushed for 200+ yards.
Well if you think Eddie George is still in 1999 then yeah thats possible.. I some how think hes a bit older and slower.. :lol:

IRONY: Defined as a Raiders fan calling a player on another team "old and slow"HERD
The continued misguided thinking the Raiders are all OLD.. Only 12 of the 53 are over 30. But hey they are OLD!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In relation to these two points, I think the Raiders just had a terrible game in the one game that truly mattered, so just watching the Superbowl tape is not going to lend some incredible magical key to unravelling the Raiders O. Granted, there are tendencies to exploit, but let's remember that the real advantage to stymying the Raiders was Gruden's intimate knowledge of both the playbook and the players on the opposing sideline.

Also, while one has to respect the Titans D, and they did, indeed, look strong in the preseason, they are not as dynamic and opportunistic at every position like Tampa -- from Rice to Sapp to Quarles (although not right now) to Brooks to Barber to Lynch -- that's real depth, something the Titans do not have to the same extent.

But as I mentioned in my first post, I have to agree with your second post -- if the Titans control the ball according to their own gameplan, and play proactively rather than reactively, then they have the potential to knock off my beloved Raiders.

oh pullleeezze....the Bucs read them like a dimestore novel...

I agree...the Raiders "secret" is an open book.....You BET that Gruden knew the playbook....and he's shown the league how stop them..

Callahan wasn't smart enough to change a damn thing for the game of his life while he KNEW that Gruden was right across the field !! What makes anyone think he's smart enough to do anything now??

Its back to the basement with the "commitment to excrement"

The continued misguided thinking the Raiders are all OLD.. Only 12 of the 53 are over 30. But hey they are OLD!!!
And 4 of the 12 (Rice, Brown, Gannon, Garner) are responsilbe for scoring TDs. However, I'm not calling them old. I'm saying that pointing out Eddie George as being old is funny coming from a Raiders fan. HERD

Well if you think Eddie George is still in 1999 then yeah thats possible.. I some how think hes a bit older and slower.. :lol:
YOU are the one that made this point about the wind in NASHVILLE.I just clarified the statistics.

Lost in all the smack talk about how old the Raiders are and the Raiders offense is the youth and stability of the Raider defense. Call me crazy, but with a healthy Buccanon and Woodson, not to mention Napoleon Harris and the ever wacky Romo, I think Oakland's defense is primed for a very good year. Very good!Every year we hear the same old talk about how Oakland is a year older and will deteriorate into oblivion. Well, there was a lot of talk on this board last year about how the impending salary cap doom was going to destroy the Raiders for this season. IMO, I think Oakland is going to have another very solid year. Garner is healthy, and Porter is reportedly almost back to 100% There is no denying Rice's god-like status and Jolley and Teau are both solid. If you think Gannon is going to implode and suck this year, you are simply a Raider basher and not being objective.True, I love the Raiders, but I can honestly say I believe Oakland's offense is going to be just as good as last year, and maybe even better now that Tim Brown will be used a little less and Porter a little more. I happen to think the Titans are going to be a solid team this year. I also think George is going to rebound nicely and have a very good season, as will McNair. However, I think Oakland's defense is going to come out firing and be able to contain Tenn's offense. The titans may be able so slow Oakland's offense, but I dont see them stopping it.Bottom line: Oakland 31 - Titans 17.

Yes, it's premature, but after seeing the first real NFL game go off last night, I can't contain my excitement any longer. The autumn wind is a Raider, my hale and hearty friends, ready to blow unmercifully through Nashville once again.So this is the official thread for all my brethern Raider faithful to gather and discuss the upcoming war with Titan boosters before, during, and after the game. Called it, stamped it, no erasies, blackjack, one-two-three-around-the-corner, kings and queens jacks and aces, black (and silver) magic stamps it closed. ( :nerd: )There has been a bitter rivalry brewing between these two teams for a few years, now. Last year, the Raiders seemed to own the Titans, racking up 93 points over their two meetings, including a sound 41-24 thrashing in the AFC title game. With Kearse banged up, the Titans couldn't force pressure on Gannon, who shredded the Titans with middle and deep routes en route to a 4 TD game.It was a pretty sloppy game on the Tennessee side, marred by turnovers and the inability to get their potentially lethal offence clicking against some stout defensive play by the Raiders.The Titans must be chomping at the bit to exact some revenge as the Raiders look to reestablish their dominance. Should be an incredible game to watch.When the Raiders have the ball, it will be key to see how effective Gannon can be against a healthy Tennessee pass rush. If the Raiders O line keeps Freak & Co. off Gannon's back, he will still need to accurately thread the ball past some pretty hard-hitting corners in Rolle and Dyson. The strength of the Raider attack relies on keeping the pocket from collapsing (Stinchcomb will have his work cut out for him) and the playcalling fast and flexible, using weapons old (Rice and Porter) and new (Teyo). If the Titans can slow up the pace and knock Gannon off his game in front of a hometown crowd, it could go a long way to starting the season on the right foot.I imagine Garner will be up and running at full speed, but the Raiders will look to employ him as a receiver more than a runner. The Titan linbacking corps will have to do a good job sealing off screens and dumps, as well as receivers peeling off the line. They will have to rapidly adjust to backfield motion and the no-huddle offence, which the Raiders employ a lot of in their one-back set. With the Raiders having so many weapons to throw at you, the Titans will have to make sure to make the most of their speed off the line in blitz packages.When the Titans have the ball, the obvious player that needs to get going is Eddie George. Though McNair seemed to have faired very well even in losses against the Raiders (he racked up nearly 400 yards in their regular season loss last year), the Titans will need to establish the run in order to keep some very competent linebackers and safeties into the box. Though Woodson is incredibly solid at Cback, Terrence Shaw can sometimes be exploited, so the matchup between Shaw and Drew Bennett will be interesting.I think the Raiders can be very successful against the traditional run, but McNair can be a Raider killer if he sees a hole and takes off sprinting. The Raiders play with a lot of passion on D, so rocking them back on their heels early will aid the Titans go a long way in deflating the Raider D while getting ahead and staying ahead. Frank Wycheck, an incredible weapon when he's on, is listed with a concussion, so it will be interesting to see how the Titans can step up if Wycheck is not effective.This is no cakewalk for either team, and it should be an incredible cap-off to the first regular season Sunday.Let's have at it, ladies and gents, let the smack begin.Raiders 30, Titans 17
i've called shotgun 11 hours before a road trip. Titans 21 Raiders 17 :yes:

Lost in all the smack talk about how old the Raiders are and the Raiders offense is the youth and stability of the Raider defense. Call me crazy, but with a healthy Buccanon and Woodson, not to mention Napoleon Harris and the ever wacky Romo, I think Oakland's defense is primed for a very good year. Very good!
Oh yeah...that defense looked stellar against Dallas!Sure...it was ONLY pre-season....but it was ONLY the Dallas Cowboys!! :lol:

Bad vibe about the Raiders last year. That thumping vs. the Bucs affects their psyche. TN will be the better team this week and this year - mark my words..

GO TITANS!!!!! ....but win in a shootout where garner has 10 catches for 80yds, 90 yds rushing, and a TD.Bring it on charlie for old Rocky Top

Lost in all the smack talk about how old the Raiders are and the Raiders offense is the youth and stability of the Raider defense. Call me crazy, but with a healthy Buccanon and Woodson, not to mention Napoleon Harris and the ever wacky Romo, I think Oakland's defense is primed for a very good year. Very good!
Oh yeah...that defense looked stellar against Dallas!Sure...it was ONLY pre-season....but it was ONLY the Dallas Cowboys!! :lol:
I guess you only look at box scores. They really didn't care about that game.. Why should they?? If you have an argument please make somtheing meaningful not one from a meaningless game.

Rivalry? In order for the Titans and Raiders to be a rivalry the Titans have to hold the Raiders to under 42 points for once in their life.This time they do. Raiders 34Titans 13

Remember the Rams pre-season after they lost to the Pats??????Remember the Giants after they lost to the Ravens????This is a clear warning sign.I would not touch any Raider players this year. Cept maybe Porter.

Lost in all the smack talk about how old the Raiders are and the Raiders offense is the youth and stability of the Raider defense.  Call me crazy, but with a healthy Buccanon and Woodson, not to mention Napoleon Harris and the ever wacky Romo, I think Oakland's defense is primed for a very good year.  Very good!
I guess you only look at box scores. They really didn't care about that game.. Why should they?? If you have an argument please make somtheing meaningful not one from a meaningless game.
Typical "Raider see no evil" response..Ok...let's talk about the last game that meant something.......you start.

I really think the Raiders are prime for a very disappointing season. Father time and injuries will ravage that team this year IMO. I also think the Titans are a top 3 AFC team as well.Titans 24Raders 13
Did you cut and paste this from last year's thread? It looks eerily similar. What have the Titan's done to improve themselves? I think if time has been cruel to anyone here it is the Titans. If Callahan is such a dummy, why did he make it to the Super Bowl with virtually the same team that Gruden never did? Can't wait! And my wife always wonders why I say Christmas is in September. :thumbup:

Ok...let's talk about the last game that meant something.......you start.
You know what Varmint, you are right. The Raiders will go 0-16, the Cardinals will cap off an undefeated season and the Cowboys offense will dwarf the '99 Rams.I don't know what we were thinking.And people say that opinions don't change on this board. :thumbdown:

The Coliseum in Nashville will be ROCKING Sunday Night.Titans enjoy one of the greatest home field advantages in the NFL.

Ya gotta love Raider fans,they're very similiar to the Fins fans I have to deal with here in Florida. The football world revolves around their team,when they lose they have more excuses than Bill Clinton after a campaign trip. But that's fine,you should be passionate about your team. Opening game at home in front of a national audience with a revenge factor thrown in. be afraid Raider Nation,be very afraid. Titans win big. :cool:

The Coliseum in Nashville will be ROCKING Sunday Night.Titans enjoy one of the greatest home field advantages in the NFL.
Yeah, that will be the deciding factor.Raiders are not used to hostile crowds and people getting up for them. You can usually hear golf claps and pins dropping in Arrowhead and Whatever the new Denver stadium is called.

This is a VERY important factor in my book. This team, coaching staff, fans and town have been drooling all over themself waiting for this game, since the schedule came out. The crowd the team and the energy going through taht stadium will be tremendous and could be the deciding factor.If the Raiders get the ball first and are not able to put together a decent to good drive that gets them at least a FG or in position to pin Tenn inside the 20 with a punt. The Raiders will be in trouble IMO. However, if the Raiders are able to control their clock and field position in the begining, thus the crowd and the game, they will be able to leave Nashville with a win.Yes, field position and early field position will be a key to this game IMHO. I feel the Raiders return team is stronger than the Titans with Jenkins (can break one for a TD anytime) and Buchanon (same thing). I also feel that the Kicking game is in the favor of Oakland.Now for all the nay sayers and those that say the pre-seasonis an indicator of things to come. Well, the Raiders didn't do very well last pre-season. In fact Tenn. kicked their ### in pre-season. I guess the fact that Tenn. could kick the Raiders ### in pre-season then end up getting their ### kicked by the Raiders TWICE when it counts doesn't help to enlighten your thinking. (especially in the playoffs,...ooh our boys were hurting Tenn all day long...and I mean hurting. They punished Tenn. unmercifully that day)Pre-Season means NOTHING...stay healthy...that is what pre-season means to me. The Raiders did that, now watch out.Raiders 24Tenn...16 (3 early field goals and 1 late TD)

Yeah, that will be the deciding factor.Raiders are not used to hostile crowds and people getting up for them. You can usually hear golf claps and pins dropping in Arrowhead and Whatever the new Denver stadium is called.
LOL...true that.I do think early control of the field and crowd will be important though. I've been to enough football games (all since they've been back) to know what a crowds energy can do FOR a team. Yes the Raiders have handled plenty of big games with big crowds. The RAiders will not be affected too much either way by the crowd (other than pssibly in hurry up/audible situations). however, The Raiders still need to take the wind out of the Titans early and not let a fevor pitch be reached by the crowd and the players. In that essence, the crowd and the emotions that flow through a stadium in this type of game are VERY important.

Rivalry? In order for the Titans and Raiders to be a rivalry the Titans have to hold the Raiders to under 42 points for once in their life.This time they do. Raiders 34Titans 13
Last 5 games:41-24 Raiders (2002)52-25 Raiders (2002)13-10 Titans (2001)21-14 Titans (1999)24-21 Titans (1997)1. Titans have won 3 of last 5 vs. Raiders.2. Things can swing the other way quickly.3. Both of the losses were in Oakland.4. Oakland only scored more than 42 in 1 of those 5 games.

Some of you guys really crack me up. You claim Raiders fans live in the past and refuse to see the light of day about why Oakland will decline this year, but in so doing, you use tenuous arguments that have been made every year for I don't know how long. I understand that it's chique to bash the Raiders, but if your gonna do it, at least do it in style, and with some degree of objectivity.The Titans are a good team, a team in which bears keeping a close eye on this year. Especially if George and McNair can manage to stay healthy.But do you really believe the argument about how bad Oakland looked against Dallas is a good one? I certainly don't. Gannon knows the Raider system better than his coaches, as does Rice and Brown. I don't worry about Oakland coming ready to play Sunday, not in the least. The fact that the startes looked so bad against Dallas (who has a very good defense) is of no consequence. The starters are seasoned vets and Gannon and Rice will have the rest of the gang ready to play.As for the comment about talking about the last game that mattered, well, what do you expect Raider fans to say. Again, I look to the players themselves to answer how the team will respond. I dont see a superbowl hangover here, although the possibility certainly exists. No, I see Gannon and Rice and everybody else coming out hungry, angry and ready to play. The titans will play a good game, I just happen to think that they will get outplayed on both sides of the ball. X's and O's, plain and simple.One last note, there can be no denying that Oakland drew a very easy schedule this year. You look it over and tell me how you honestly believe Oakland will lose 6 games. I just dont see it and can see Oakland going 12-4 this year!

Gannon knows the Raider system better than his coaches, as does Rice and Brown.  I don't worry about Oakland coming ready to play Sunday, not in the least.  ......  The starters are seasoned vets and Gannon and Rice will have the rest of the gang ready to play.
LOL!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: My side hurts....I'm going to go out on a limb and GUESS that you cut and pasted this from ANOTHER prediction you made on Saturday, Jan 25th of this year (the day BEFORE "Black & Silver Sunday) and you would have been wrong THEN too..right??You Raider fans are SOOO much fun...and FAR TOO predictable!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Gannon knows the Raider system better than his coaches, as does Rice and Brown.  I don't worry about Oakland coming ready to play Sunday, not in the least.  ......  The starters are seasoned vets and Gannon and Rice will have the rest of the gang ready to play.
LOL!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: My side hurts....I'm going to go out on a limb and GUESS that you cut and pasted this from ANOTHER prediction you made on Saturday, Jan 26th of this year (the day BEFORE "Black & Silver Sunday) and you would have been wrong THEN too..right??You Raider fans are SOOO much fun...and FAR TOO predictable!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Well, so much for trying to carry on an intelligent discussion with you. I gave it a shot but I won't make the same mistake twice.Have a nice life Varmint and I'm sure you will be posting your apologies on Monday after the Raiders dispatch the Titans. Nah, I am probably giving you too much credit once again. ;)

I don't worry about Oakland coming ready to play Sunday, not in the least.
Yes, just like you didn't worry about them coming to play in the Super Bowl :P :P By the way, someone should remind Gannon to cancel his regular BINGO game on saturday night and get some rest for Sunday's game.

I don't worry about Oakland coming ready to play Sunday, not in the least. 
Yes, just like you didn't worry about them coming to play in the Super Bowl :P :P By the way, someone should remind Gannon to cancel his regular BINGO game on saturday night and get some rest for Sunday's game.
that's some real fresh smack there...oh wait, no it's not. :thumbdown:

Well, so much for trying to carry on an intelligent discussion with you. I gave it a shot but I won't make the same mistake twice.Have a nice life Varmint and I'm sure you will be posting your apologies on Monday after the Raiders dispatch the Titans. Nah, I am probably giving you too much credit once again. ;)
An "intelligent" onversation ABOUT the Raiders..WITH a Raider fan?? Sure pal...tell me when it starts ..because the NEXT one will be the FIRST one.The Dallas game doesn't count...because it was Pre-Season....you can't judge them from THAT!!Superbowl XXXVII doesn't count...because it was LAST season..and Gruden had the playbook...So, the ONLY thing that counts is.......?Whatever happened to "you're only as good as your last game?"Go ahead...YOU pick.....Will it be their last Pre-season game? :rolleyes: Will it be their last Post-season game? :rolleyes: Will it be thier last Regular Season game? :rolleyes: Here...let me help you out....In TRUE Raider Fan fashion....It will be the last game the Raiders won...right? :yes:

Typical "Raider see no evil" response..Ok...let's talk about the last game that meant something.......you start.
I guess the AFC Championship game meant nothing to the Titans.

It meant plenty to the Titans. Its also one of only two games they've lost (preseason, regular, and playoffs) since last OCTOBER, a span of 17 games, if my math is correct. Thats a 15-2 record in the last 17 games, admittedly including 4 preseason contests where the first-team offense never left the field without the lead.HERD

I guess the AFC Championship game meant nothing to the Titans.
Exactly,I think that last game that meant something to the Titans would have to be the AFC championship game. What has changed that would give them an overwhelming advantage. Answer...nothing.There are three possible scenarios1: Raiders win a close one (i.e. 24-21) 45%2: Titans win a close one (i.e. 17-10) 40%3: Raiders blowout the Titans (i.e. 31-10) 14.9%

We must have a pass rush to win this game.This is a two-page thread and almost no one has discussed the players. . .Buchannon is injured. Watch both teams to pass early and often.I'll be there in the George jersey. He's helped me win two fantasy titles, and a ton of real games, so he deserves some kudos.

Regardless of the outcome, we (fans of the Titans) will not:

attempt to physically intimidate the opponent's fans

pour beer on opponent's fans
rip the team jersey off of the other team's fans
make the fans of the other team leave
verbally abuse the fans of the other teamWe will, however, pull for our team and show a little sportsmanship.

And, yes, that matters.

It meant plenty to the Titans. Its also one of only two games they've lost (preseason, regular, and playoffs) since last OCTOBER, a span of 17 games, if my math is correct. Thats a 15-2 record in the last 17 games, admittedly including 4 preseason contests where the first-team offense never left the field without the lead.HERD
Wow.15-2Ok.First of all, for good reason, I am going to just throw out all the preseason games. I just have no tolerance for carrying on about preseason wins.11-2Since a lot of you seem intent on side stepping the whole AFC Championship game; lets just exclude playoff results as well.10-1Ok, so 10 wins, pretty nice.During that period.....Beating the Houston Texans twice..solid.Beating the Colts twice...WooHoo!Racking up two more wins against the Jacksonville Jaquars....impressive to say the least.And they beat the Bengals by 6 as well....again, solid.7 cakewalks right there, mighty impressiveLet's also not mention the 52-25 disaster in Oakland last year; it is completely irrelevant. I am much more concerned about how the Titans handled the Texans.

Garrett is moving up my charts. Where did you come from?Good stuff. :thumbup:
I am just a big supporter of the AFC West.But I really think there is a valid point there in comparing the two divisions that you touched on earlier in this thread...Going into Nashville to face Eddie George and the Titans is hardly daunting when you see Tomlinson, Portis, and Holmes twice each year.

What do the Titans have as a come back?? Seriously.. They got their asses handed to them twice last year by the Raiders and there is nothing else to say.. :brush: Now do I think it will happen again.. Of course I see very little differences from last year to this year.. Thats why this thread was started.. All the core members are playing.. All the Titan crap out of their mouth is meaningless cause they have no leg to stand on. Now if some how you beat us on Sunday Night at least there is an argument. Though I can't see that hapening. The Raiders D will hound McNair just like last year. Pressure is the name of the game and the Raiders bring plenty of that..

Beating the Houston Texans twice..solid.Beating the Colts twice...WooHoo!Racking up two more wins against the Jacksonville Jaquars....impressive to say the least.And they beat the Bengals by 6 as well....again, solid.
This is easily the silliest argument I've ever seen. Yes, I called it "silly." They beat the Giants (playoff team)They beat the Colts 2x (playoff team)They beat the Patriots (good team)They beat the Steelers 2x (Playoff team)During the same time, the Raiders were getting thumped by a bad St. Louis team and a bad San Diego team and a bad KC team and San Fran before finally breaking through to beat such Great teams as Denver (no playoffs), Arizona (No playoffs), San Diego (no playoffs), loss to Miami (no playoffs), beating Denver and KC (No playoffs). The only quality wins the Raiders had in the second part of the season were the Jets (twice), and possibly the Patriots. So what's your point? That the Titans reeling off 11 of 12 was not a big deal? Or that the fact that the Raiders have lost 5 straight isn't a big deal?This has gotten silly. See you Sunday night.... Try not to act too "Raiders"-ish when it occurs to you that your team is finished.HERD

Users who are viewing this thread