What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Raiders/Titans Game Thread (1 Viewer)

Going into Nashville to face Eddie George and the Titans is hardly daunting when you see Tomlinson, Portis, and Holmes twice each year
You're like a child on the first day of school. You have NO IDEA whats coming...HERD

You're like a child on the first day of school. You have NO IDEA whats coming...HERD
I saw George in week 4 carry it 11 times for 26 yards. I think I am a little more afraid of LT/Holmes/Portis then I am of George and his vulturing TD's.. If the Titans are going to win it will be becaus eof McNair and there D causing big plays. If that doesn't happen it will be a long night.

If you have never been to a Titans' game in Nashville, you have no idea what you're getting into and thus no idea what you are talking about. It is a hostile environment of the first degree. All 3 levels of fans are "on top" of the players. It can get loud and the wind off the river makes for an interesting field level environment. That was the point I was making.

In all fairness, don't think its lost on me that I'm talking an excessive amount of smack and I appear to be on my own in vehemently supporting the Titans. I fully believe they will (a) win on Sunday and (b) control the game.

However, don't think its lost on me that I'll be the subject of much ridicule if I am wrong. I don't have the internet at home, but rest assured I'll be here at 8am central on Monday to bear the weight of victory or failure. :thumbup:

HERD

Beating the Houston Texans twice..solid.Beating the Colts twice...WooHoo!Racking up two more wins against the Jacksonville Jaquars....impressive to say the least.And they beat the Bengals by 6 as well....again, solid.
This is easily the silliest argument I've ever seen. Yes, I called it "silly." They beat the Giants (playoff team)They beat the Colts 2x (playoff team)They beat the Patriots (good team)They beat the Steelers 2x (Playoff team)During the same time, the Raiders were getting thumped by a bad St. Louis team and a bad San Diego team and a bad KC team and San Fran before finally breaking through to beat such Great teams as Denver (no playoffs), Arizona (No playoffs), San Diego (no playoffs), loss to Miami (no playoffs), beating Denver and KC (No playoffs). The only quality wins the Raiders had in the second part of the season were the Jets (twice), and possibly the Patriots. So what's your point? That the Titans reeling off 11 of 12 was not a big deal? Or that the fact that the Raiders have lost 5 straight isn't a big deal?This has gotten silly. See you Sunday night.... Try not to act too "Raiders"-ish when it occurs to you that your team is finished.HERD
OK, so the argument is silly. How about using the Patriots as an example of a "quality" team the Titans beat and yet the same GD Patriot team is "possibly" a good team when the Raiders beat them? You are able to be a hypocrite in the same damn argument with the same example. Incredible. You are starting to have no credibility. Now you are REALLY showing yourself to be no more than an unobjective homer. That is fine. At least when others try to give opinions and valid thoughts,, like a few of us Raider Nation have done, take off the rose colored glasses. You and the Titans ahd better recognize and respect what they are facing. 1. The Raiders are 3 time defending AFC West Champions. This is unheard of in todays NFL, especially in one of, if not THE strongest division in football over that time.2. The Raiders bring back the entire nucleus of the same team that beat the crap out of your beloved Titans TWICE last year. They don't give a #### if the Titans went 200-2. As long as those two are bad beatings by the Raiders. 3. The Raider did what. Oh yeah, they won 7 of their last eight, won two in the playoffs (bet you remember one of those...actually it sounds like you are forgetting) then they went to the SuperBowl and didn't show up. Yes TBAY beat them badly. Yes, the Raiders will be playing motivated by the beating/embarrassment.4. I do account for the atmoshere you are taling about. I've said it twice on this thread alone. The Raiders need to be able to control field position early and thus the crowd.5. If you think the Raiders are scared. you are not thinking straight. This team has played in more big games, in front of big hostile crowds with more big time implications than what you give them credit for. If you think playing the Dolts last year was a tougher match-up than playing at Denver on a Monday night and kicking their ###, or beating the same Denver squad in Oakland, you are fooling yourself. SD/KC and Den. are all VERY tough games. Everyone knows it (including you, you just cant' stand to admit it)6. Back to what I am looking for. The early part of the game. Field position and control of the clock. The Raiders are more than capable of accomplishing these things with their special teams, defense and offense. Of course I give credit to Tenn. as well. They have an offense that CAn control the clock (not quite as consistently or in as many variations as the Raiders I point out). They also ahve a Defense that MIGHT be able to put pressure on the QB. If the Freak does his thing of two years ago, and Eddie does his of 4 years ago and McNair does his thing of last year....wait that is alot of IFS. All the Raiders need is to do what they've been doing consistently for the past three years and they will have an extremely good chance at coming out victorious.Raiders...24Titans....16

I'm about to pee on myself I'm laughing so hard right now. How about this: Your beloved Raiders get punked everytime they go to Denver except last year and suddenly they are able to play in hostile environments like its no big deal? I'm not buying it, Myopic Raider Fan.I do respect what the Titans are facing - A team that, like the Titans, benefits from being in a weak-### division. Your big, bad 3 time AFC West championships and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee at 7-11.Try this hotshot: If the Raiders are so motivated by getting rolled like a High School team in the Super Bowl, what are they waiting for? Why has the entire team looked like a bunch of 3rd graders since the Super Bowl? While the Cowboys were busy scoring in every imaginable way, were the Raiders huddled up saying "Just wait! We'll show them. Just not tonight." People don't turn pride on and off like its a lightswitch. And the "nucleus" of your great team is different. You've lost Barrett Robbins who had a lot more to do with your success then you Raider fans seem to remember. Case and point: When he's not in, Gannon takes a beating and throwes picks. HERD

Last edited by a moderator:
You've lost Barrett Robbins who had a lot more to do with your success then you Raider fans seem to remember. Case and point: When he's not in, Gannon takes a beating and throwes picks. HERD
I'm assuming you're referring to the Super Bowl.That would have happened to Gannon even if Robbins was in there. Gruden had the DBs knowing the routes better than the Raiders receivers. Tampa Bay had the Super Bowl won by Wednesday.To dismiss the depth of the Raiders O-line shows your lack of knowledge of the Raiders, which is fine since I have just as much knowledge of the Titans.Also, how can you say the AFC West is a weak ### division when all four teams finished over 0.500 last year? That's just factually inaccurate.Seriously, if you think the Raiders, who held out Garner, Porter, and some others out of the Cowboys game will even resemble that team on Sunday night, it is you who is underestimating the Raiders.

An "intelligent" onversation ABOUT the Raiders..WITH a Raider fan?? Sure pal...tell me when it starts ..because the NEXT one will be the FIRST one.
Since you're talking about me, I would invite you to participate in this thread. I believe that we have all had an intelligent conversation about the Raiders and Titans in that thread, and yet you have not participated.So please, add your $0.02 so you can have your first intelligent conversation with a Raider fan. I hope you're up for it. I doubt I'll see you in there though.

Bump.Some great conversation initiated, and good points from both camps on these two teams -- excepting, of course, the specious, broken record crowing from Varmint about the Superbowl. I don't think any Raider fan will deny that their performance was terrible, and you'll get no argument from us that there simply isnt any excuse that can dismiss that game off hand. Still, they were there. And they tore right through the heart of your Titans to get there.So say what you want about the Raiders not showing up to the Big Dance. Can't disagree about that. If you're looking at a team's last game to determine what the upcoming season holds, then there is no other outcome of tonight's game then the Raiders upending the Titans, as they did in their last two meetings.However, being more of a pragmaticist (as my original post shows), I think this is going to be a dogfight.But the Raiders will still quiet the crowd in Nashville.

'Nother selfish bump. Leading by a measley point in my money league, I need to depend on the Raider D to come through big time tonight to win my matchup.I'd rather be depending on the Raider O...

More than an hour before kickoff and 2 pages of posts already???Okay, I'll pile on! Let's get it to 3 before pre-game. :thumbup:

Bump.Some great conversation initiated, and good points from both camps on these two teams -- excepting, of course, the specious, broken record crowing from Varmint about the Superbowl.
Oh yeah...talk about "broken record crowing" :lol: We can't talk about the Raiders last Pre-Season game...it doesn't count.We can't bring up the Superbowl...because we ALL know that the Raiders sucked thenWe can ONLY bring up the last time that the Raiders won.... Typical "commitment to excrement" crying...Basically, we only want to hear about history IF it makes the Raiders look good... :rotflmao:

Can we talk about the Raiders LAST defensive stand??Oh..I know...the REFS did it!! :rotflmao:The Raiders only gave up 90 yds....it doesn' count! :rolleyes:

OBVIOUSLY an incomplete pass....Even if its not....The NFL is out to get Oakland...Its documented!!

Ah....another year, another confirmation that Theismann is a babbling idjit.And Paul is not much better.
Theismann isn't blabbing, he's just making a point. The same point. Again. And again. And over. And over. Even when it doesn't fit the situation. He still says it. And then fat Paul will chime in and say the same thing, but differently so it's as if he just thought it up.At this point, if they showed a guy spilling his beer, Thiesmann will say it's because the crowd is so loud when the Raiders have the ball. :rolleyes:

Glad the refs made the right call - no way that was an incomplete pass. LOL @ the speed record for backpedaling in the booth.

I like that they threw Fargas in there to shake things up and get something happening.Garner looking good on the draws and screens, but it's the only play that's working right now.I REALLY like the balls Callahan has in looking like he is trying to go for it here.

The Coliseum in Nashville will be ROCKING Sunday Night.Titans enjoy one of the greatest home field advantages in the NFL.
Yeah, that will be the deciding factor.Raiders are not used to hostile crowds and people getting up for them. You can usually hear golf claps and pins dropping in Arrowhead and Whatever the new Denver stadium is called.
THIS crowd is KILLING the Raiders!!

Glad the refs made the right call - no way that was an incomplete pass.
I agree that it wasn't a pass. "A Pass is the movement of the ball caused by handing, throwing, shoving (shovel pass), or pushing (push pass) by a runner." Rule 3, Section 21, Article 1. In this case, the movement of the ball was not caused by handing, throwing, shoving, or pushing the ball by McNair. It was caused by bumping the ball by the Raider DL.

Ok..you saw Gannon pick apart this secondary last year..Now you're seeing the difference AFTER Gruden laid out the blueprints on "How to Contain the Raider Offense" and gave away copies in the form of Superbowl Highlite tapes.Now tell me it that there is no difference between THIS season and LAST season....and every team that contains them, writes another page for the blueprints...Its going to be a LOOONG season in Oakland.

All in all a pretty defensive game so far. The Titans passing game looks a little sharper, but this should settle in to be a pretty great game.Nedney for 50...good.

Nedney's knee gets tweaked on th ekickoff runback, now Kearse is shaken up, favoring his shoulder.Both will most likely be OK, but the Raiders are bringing loads.

Nedney's knee gets tweaked on th ekickoff runback, now Kearse is shaken up, favoring his shoulder.Both will most likely be OK, but the Raiders are bringing loads.
Kearse was hit by another Titan...Nedney is a kicker..Loads? Loads of what?Just call this thread what it is..."The Game as Seen by a Raider Fan"...some may think what you're typing is really happening :rolleyes:

Just joined this threadNow I remember who J. Fargas is. He was drafted in late rounds in both my fantasy leagues. He was the guy who couldn't hack it at MICHIGAN and went to USC. If the Raiders think that he can replace Garner... they are crazy

Just joined this threadNow I remember who J. Fargas is. He was drafted in late rounds in both my fantasy leagues. He was the guy who couldn't hack it at MICHIGAN and went to USC. If the Raiders think that he can replace Garner... they are crazy
No, the center focus of the Raider backfield is Garner. I think they are giving Fargas work because a) they need to do something to shake up their offensive playcalling because the Titans are doing a great job of covering receivers downfield and b) Garner's no spring chicken, and Fargas looked terrific in the preseason. They want to give the future of the Raiders running game some real-time experience.Bad mental mistake by the Titans there to give the Raiders a first down on an unsportsmanlike conduct call after they sacked Gannon on 3rd down.

Users who are viewing this thread