What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Raiders/Titans Game Thread (1 Viewer)

Nedney's knee gets tweaked on th ekickoff runback, now Kearse is shaken up, favoring his shoulder.Both will most likely be OK, but the Raiders are bringing loads.
Kearse was hit by another Titan...Nedney is a kicker..Loads? Loads of what?Just call this thread what it is..."The Game as Seen by a Raider Fan"...some may think what you're typing is really happening :rolleyes:
I'll let you describe Garner's reception and run for a TD then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh....see...let's talk about THIS play..Forget the OTHER 2 quarters where the Raiders were "bringing loads" and just missing.Hell...even a BLIND squirrel finds a nut now and then...I'll let YOU tell everyone exactly what it TOOK for the Raiders to get there first passing TD in 14 quarters~

LOL and NOW the GREAT Raider defense steps up!! :rotflmao:Damn...I'm gonna wet my pants!!I guess that THIS one doesn't count either..But hey...the Raiders brought a load.....as the Punter kicked a FG to counter the gift the Raiders rec'd 40 seconds earlier!!

Punter kicks a fieldgoal! :o I'm playing against Nedney but too far behind to pull it out... (Thanks Harrison and Q Morgan) :thumbdown:

"An honest brew makes its own friends."-- John Molson, 1786
Halftime!So whats everybody drinking tonight?I'm finishing off my 2nd Murphy's Irish Stoudt.Might go hit the Molson Export Ale next...

"An honest brew makes its own friends."-- John Molson, 1786
Halftime!So whats everybody drinking tonight?I'm finishing off my 2nd Murphy's Irish Stoudt.Might go hit the Molson Export Ale next...
I'm drinking Corona with limes because it's friggin 80 degrees inside the house right now!Southern CA, no air conditioning. After this summer, I think I might have to spring for some AC next year. :lol:

NFL.COM showing 2 sacks. I see the first. The second occured late in the second quarter, then there was the unsportmanslike penalty, I guess the sack still stands. This is the last player playing for my old time league. Two best teams playing now. I am up by 6.14 going into the second half, he has Titans D, hate the close ones. Go Titans--long sustained drives please!!!

Damn...I'm gonna wet my pants!!
LOL @ the Junior fisherman needing his diapers changed.Enjoy the rest of the game, my friend. You're officially ignored.
Awww....just by you......and you wouldn't even have to do that if you wouldn't have brought my name up earlier..Typical Raider fan....ignore the guy with a difference of opinion..."Leave me alone with my buddies in the "Mutual Admiration Society"Put the blinders on....the Raiders are losing!! :rotflmao:

I just wish the titans would stop blanketing the WRs, neither of them are beating them...its freakin garner and all those stinkin dump offs :wall: :wall: :wall:

Damn...I'm gonna wet my pants!!
LOL @ the Junior fisherman needing his diapers changed.Enjoy the rest of the game, my friend. You're officially ignored.
Awww....just by you......and you wouldn't even have to do that if you wouldn't have brought my name up earlier..Typical Raider fan....ignore the guy with a difference of opinion..."Leave me alone with my buddies in the "Mutual Admiration Society"Put the blinders on....the Raiders are losing!! :rotflmao:
I love a good difference of opinion, and certainly appreciate when other bring up points that are intelligent and insightful -- nothing like passionate football to bring out great conversation while enjoying the game.I think if you read my initial post, I'm fairly objective when it comes to analyzing this game, and despite my blatant homerism, I will gladly argue the finer points of the matchup with an eye towards getting some insight into the other team. However, I've seen nothing from you but hot air. You're not only acting like the Titans are blowing out the Raiders, but you're like a fey taunting three year old who has not brought up one salient remark except for spouting your obvious hate for the Raiders and their fans.So be it, you're welcome to do as you please. But I'm not wasting my time even trying to discuss something with someone whose intellectual range is sadly lacking.You'll get no more from me. Enjoy, have a great week.

Observation: 35+ minutes into the game and McNair has 0 rushes.I thought people were drafting him for his legs as well as his arm?

A big problem for the Raiders seems to be that the offensive line can't keep the pass rush off of Gannon -- if the pocket isn't collapsing, Gannon is force to throw on the run, which isn't his style. If he can set his feet, Gannon can deliver accurately, but there is just not enough time to do that tonight.On another note, is this the referee crew's first NFL game? It's being called extraordinarily tight.

Int grounding....1 yd run...Gannon sackpunt.Gannon doesn't have time enough to find a receiver if he was alone with him in a phone booth.

Observation: 35+ minutes into the game and McNair has 0 rushes.I thought people were drafting him for his legs as well as his arm?
the raiders d is making some plays...they deserve some credit for "containing" him. McNair so far is looking like a more poised pocket passer than in years passed.

I agree that it wasn't a pass. "A Pass is the movement of the ball caused by handing, throwing, shoving (shovel pass), or pushing (push pass) by a runner." Rule 3, Section 21, Article 1. In this case, the movement of the ball was not caused by handing, throwing, shoving, or pushing the ball by McNair. It was caused by bumping the ball by the Raider DL.
So they've been calling it wrong all of these years? wowEvery time i've seen a QB fade back to pass and a defensive guy knocks it out of his hands, if the arm is moving forward, they've always called it an incomplete pass.Good to know that 40+ years of NFL officiating can be thrown out the window.

Romo was tappin' his helmet BEGGING for a breather...NOT bragging about the hit....gomer announcers.

Why are announcers continually amazed every time a QB runs for more than 10yds?How many years of watching McNair, McNabb, Culpepper, Vick, et al is it going to take for them to realize that the modern game has QBs who can run too?It's just a normal play.

Romo was tappin' his helmet BEGGING for a breather...NOT bragging about the hit....gomer announcers.
Agreed... idiots.Have you been watching the shots of Romo's eyes? What is this guy on, seriously? That guy is wired on something and don't tell me adrenaline.

CRAZY PUNTER!!!!If McNair doesn't get into the Pro-Bowl this year, then I dont know who will.MVP is def a possibility.

I think we're seeing an evolution of the Titans from a power running team to a passing team...and thats saying alot
Good point. In the short term, such as this season and the next, they'll have a lot of young receiving weapons, and though McNair may lose a step in coming days as a rusher, he'll always be mobile and big enough to elude pass rushers.For the longer term, do the Titans have prospects for a runner to replace George in the future? From what I've seen, Holcomb may not be that kind of guy. The Raiders clearly are grooming Fargas, but it remains to be seen if he can run against first team Ds as he did on 2nd teamers in preseason.

Agreed... idiots.Have you been watching the shots of Romo's eyes? What is this guy on, seriously? That guy is wired on something and don't tell me adrenaline.
Romo is a comparative geriatric to guys out there -- there is no way you play at this level, with that kind intensity, without being up on something.Raiders convert -- T Brown is still working out there.

Good point. In the short term, such as this season and the next, they'll have a lot of young receiving weapons, and though McNair may lose a step in coming days as a rusher, he'll always be mobile and big enough to elude pass rushers.For the longer term, do the Titans have prospects for a runner to replace George in the future? From what I've seen, Holcomb may not be that kind of guy. The Raiders clearly are grooming Fargas, but it remains to be seen if he can run against first team Ds as he did on 2nd teamers in preseason.
they drafted chris brown this year out of colorado. I think we might see him sooner than later, but not to put it all on eddie, the O-line is not the most talented group, but they do have good coaching(read: mike munchak)

I think they see Chris Brown as the heir to the Eddie George throne.

Schulters played that perfectly. Good playcall.What's the deal with Chris Brown? All I've heard about him is that he's more of a "home run" back that may not be an every-down back, despite his size. I don't recall hearing much of him in preseason.

Schulters played that perfectly. Good playcall.What's the deal with Chris Brown? All I've heard about him is that he's more of a "home run" back that may not be an every-down back, despite his size. I don't recall hearing much of him in preseason.
Isn't he hurt? I think he has been.

Users who are viewing this thread