Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
snitwitch

Trouble getting pregnant?

Had our retrieval today. Only 4 keepers :shrug:

Hoping all 4 fertilize...but we'll take 1. Fingers crossed.

Had our transfer today.

All of our eggs fertilized but only 3 made it till day 2. Transferred our 2 best today. The 3rd was currently a 6-cell guy so we'll find out in the next couple days if its good enough to put on ice.

So far so good...fingers crossed things keep going as planned.

Had our transfer today.

All of our eggs fertilized but only 3 made it till day 2. Transferred our 2 best today. The 3rd was currently a 6-cell guy so we'll find out in the next couple days if its good enough to put on ice.

GL!

GLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

And Dentist, I know it sounds like a lot of scratch, but it's really not in the grand scheme of things. (Read: children will cost you a lot more than $50k in 2013 dollars over their lifetimes).

Had our transfer today.

Sounds like twins to me. :)

Had our transfer today.

Sounds like twins to me. :)

:thumbup:

I haven't read this thread in a while. Good luck to everyone new trying! We took a break from the meds in Feb. and I actually got pregnant on my own with but lost it early the following month. I was pretty encouraged though that at least it happened. My husband took a new job in April and our new insurance kicked in June 1 and actually covers 50% of fertility drugs and then covers testing and some treatments so we are starting back up next month (our old insurance covered zero).

In the meantime, we decided to go ahead and start the process of fostering to adopt. We are currently taking our classes and knee deep in paper work, trying to get ready for a homestudy, setting up bedrooms, etc. so it is really nice to have the fertility stuff really on the back burner. Knowing we are working on starting our family another way really takes the pressure off to get pregnant. We will still take advantage of our new insurance but I'm not worried about it now. I have tried over the past couple of years to go a couple months on, a few months off to try to maintain some sort of balance.

GL everyone!

I haven't read this thread in a while. Good luck to everyone new trying! We took a break from the meds in Feb. and I actually got pregnant on my own with but lost it early the following month. I was pretty encouraged though that at least it happened. My husband took a new job in April and our new insurance kicked in June 1 and actually covers 50% of fertility drugs and then covers testing and some treatments so we are starting back up next month (our old insurance covered zero).

In the meantime, we decided to go ahead and start the process of fostering to adopt. We are currently taking our classes and knee deep in paper work, trying to get ready for a homestudy, setting up bedrooms, etc. so it is really nice to have the fertility stuff really on the back burner. Knowing we are working on starting our family another way really takes the pressure off to get pregnant. We will still take advantage of our new insurance but I'm not worried about it now. I have tried over the past couple of years to go a couple months on, a few months off to try to maintain some sort of balance.

GL everyone!

GLLLL

next up on the plan... some really expensive fsh shots and IUI... estimated cost $1500-2000 a month for the next 3 mo. of trying.

epic.

next up on the plan... some really expensive fsh shots and IUI... estimated cost $1500-2000 a month for the next 3 mo. of trying.

epic.

Ask for some professional courtesy and get some samples, they usually have lots of follistim on hand

Edited by Steed

epic.

Ask for some professional courtesy and get some samples, they usually have lots of follistim on hand

i wonder if i can buy some of that stuff myself... i hadn't even considered that

epic.

i wonder if i can buy some of that stuff myself... i hadn't even considered that

SInce it sounds like you want to be cheap about this.. we've got some boxes of expired Gonal-D in the fridge that my wife still won't toss or donate. You can have that if you want to pay shipping. (and if the wife approves it :unsure: )

epic.

SInce it sounds like you want to be cheap about this.. we've got some boxes of expired Gonal-D in the fridge that my wife still won't toss or donate. You can have that if you want to pay shipping. (and if the wife approves it :unsure: )

no, i don't want to be that cheap... lolz.

But because of my medical (dental) license i can buy a ton of different meds through my suppliers. Like I can buy antibiotics or steroids to keep on hand... really nice if get bronchitis or poison ivy or something.

well i looked up the meds offered by my supplier and follitism is one of them offered.. just have to price check

So I have to give the HCG trigger shot to my wife in a couple days. We're doing it in the butt. I have no problem with needles but she doesn't do well with them. We're going to use some type of numbing cream and ice beforehand. Any tips on how I should actually administer the shot? Just jab the needle in quickly or go in slowly? Should she be standing upright or laying down on her side? I'm nervous as hell about this.

I was nervous too during the first few shots of our meds.

After a couple days I was used to waking up and jamming it in my wifes ass. :hifive:

Edited by Worm

After a couple days I was used to waking up and jamming it in my wifes ass. :hifive:

Yes but isn't the trigger shot the most painful instrument that will go up her ###?

filing out embryo donation paperwork this week. PM me if you want your future child to have 3 digit bloodlines

epic.

luckily i avoided this step as I was all ready to buy meds.. and then.....

9 weeks along now.. due in march

epic.

:thumbup:

GLGB

epic.

congrats on saving about $6k :thumbup:

epic.

congrats D. :thumbup:

Also, IVF while expensive is really the best rate of return.

But you might end up with twins...

i've heard that can cost 12-15K a try.

and whilst that sounds ridiculous.. i've already spent over 5-6K on crap that didn't work with no end in sight.. so maybe it's not so ridiculous.

There are programs out there that will guarantee a result or most of your money back. That's what we did. The program we went with had two rounds with fresh embryos and two rounds with frozen. Catch here is if you walk out the door with a baby on the first shot, you're out the entire sum. That's what happened with us...in the end, I can't tell you what the cost was (wanting to say around $20k) because after seeing my daughter, the cost simply doesn't matter.

Sad to say, the first time I had to give my wife her meds, I jabbed my own damn finger. I hate needles and that's what happened :bag::lol: I never got comfortable with it.

Congrats! How's she feeling?

really well, no morning sickness, just eating a lot and getting tired a lot... and sex drive down because breasts too sore :(

But really the best part is the emotional feeling. Now all the massive stress about not getting pregnant is gone. It's improved my life dramatically also.

obviously there are new stresses and things to think about, but honestly these all pale compared to the frustration and anxiety of having trouble.

I sympathize with people that have gone through this in so many ways.

Unhappy wife sure contributes to an unhappy life

Reminder her that protein helps the baby get bigger. Carbs helps the mother get bigger

Reminder her that protein helps the baby get bigger. Carbs helps the mother get bigger

at the rate she's ingesting food, there's no chance the mom isn't getting fat.

I'll probably be posting in one of those... "my wife is getting fat and seems not to care about it, what do i do" threads soon.

The frozen yogurt helping she had last night at the FroYo shop was one of the great moments in food domination... i couldn't have finished this helping.

Been meaning to post the news for a couple weeks now but I've been very busy. But it's the good kind of busy cause 2 weeks ago we had our twin boys. Boys are doing great they are now above their birth weight and even sleeping pretty well during the night. Going for 3 hours at a time last night.

If you have followed my posts in this thread you know of my ups and downs in trying to have kids. It was not easy but the joy these two little boys have brought us already has been worth it. You soon forget all the sad days and cost it took for us to get to here.

Any dads out there that need advise or would just like to vent please PM me. Having someone to talk to can mean the world and this situation. Wanting kids was bad enough but having to watch your wife in these sad times was by far the toughest thing.

Thanks for the well wishes I received in this thread.

Signed, Dad

• Like 4

Been meaning to post the news for a couple weeks now but I've been very busy. But it's the good kind of busy cause 2 weeks ago we had our twin boys. Boys are doing great they are now above their birth weight and even sleeping pretty well during the night. Going for 3 hours at a time last night.

If you have followed my posts in this thread you know of my ups and downs in trying to have kids. It was not easy but the joy these two little boys have brought us already has been worth it. You soon forget all the sad days and cost it took for us to get to here.

Any dads out there that need advise or would just like to vent please PM me. Having someone to talk to can mean the world and this situation. Wanting kids was bad enough but having to watch your wife in these sad times was by far the toughest thing.

Signed, Dad

Awesome!!!! :hifive:

Signed, Dad

Congrats. My wife has the D-day blood test on Friday. After a 3 year journey, we could use some luck :popcorn:

Signed, Dad

Awesome :thumbup:

Twin boys are a freaking blast. 1st 3 months are hell, but after that it's smooth sailing (until potty training)

at the rate she's ingesting food, there's no chance the mom isn't getting fat.

I'll probably be posting in one of those... "my wife is getting fat and seems not to care about it, what do i do" threads soon.

The frozen yogurt helping she had last night at the FroYo shop was one of the great moments in food domination... i couldn't have finished this helping.

:lmao:

Congrats wood! How's the feedings going?

I should start a thread for dads with multiples so we can share stories and pictures. In my opinion, this thread isn't the best place to share photos of or children.

Congrats wood! How's the feedings going?

I should start a thread for dads with multiples so we can share stories and pictures. In my opinion, this thread isn't the best place to share photos of or children.

Feedings are going great. We are nursing and using formula right now. They are back above birth weight.

I think I thread would be a good idea. I'm also a stay at home dad now so I was thinking of starting a Mr. Mom thread as well.

Great to hear. Mine dropped a bit within the first few days, so we started supplementation fairly early. We have used a mix of formula and breast milk the whole time. I think there's only a few mothers of multiples that can feed all their children on beast milk alone. As the pediatrician said early on to us, "formula is not poison."

My twins are 5 months old and basically sleep through the night now. Planning and getting them on the same schedule was key.

Looks like I've got a lot of reading to do on this forum.

We've been trying for 5 years now and have had 4 failed IUI's. We went to an IVF informational meeting a few months ago and have our first official doctor appointment on Wednesday. We've gone through all the different exams and the good news is nothing is wrong with my wife and I. The bad news is that they can't identify why we can't get pregnant.

Any helpful tips would be much appreciated. I'll be reading this forum topic for a long time tomorrow.

Steed,

We did the initial IUI's here locally but weren't happy with the way we were treated and headed up to a place in Minneapolis. We then did one IUI there but have taken a break for about a year, just trying to separate ourselves from the stress, drugs, etc. We've been saving the money for IVF. We like the Doc at this place much better but ironically had to wait 3 months for this appointment as she was out on maternity leave.

Now that IS ironic.

GL Bud- any chance of doing another round of IUIs with the new doc? Do you think she'll run new tests on you guys- it must be tough not having an obvious cause.

Yeah, cruel irony. When they told my wife that a few months ago I can't believe the clinic didn't lie and just make up something else.

I think we've reached the point of no more IUI's after 4 tries, albeit only one at this clinic. We've spent enough money on that avenue. Not sure about new tests, we'll find out on Wednesday but they ran a bunch when we saw them for the IUI.

We've been trying for 5 years now and have had 4 failed IUI's. We went to an IVF informational meeting a few months ago and have our first official doctor appointment on Wednesday. We've gone through all the different exams and the good news is nothing is wrong with my wife and I. The bad news is that they can't identify why we can't get pregnant.

Any helpful tips would be much appreciated. I'll be reading this forum topic for a long time tomorrow.

My wife and I have been trying for a couple years and did 5 IUIs before trying IVF. We also had unexplained infertility. After 1 cycle of IVF, we are now 3 months pregnant. Don't give up hope. The success rate for IVF is much better than IUI. Also, it's not as painful as it may seem (as long as your wife isn't a wimp). When you're at that stage, I can give you tips on how to make the progesterone shots go smoothly.

My wife and I have been trying for a couple years and did 5 IUIs before trying IVF. We also had unexplained infertility. After 1 cycle of IVF, we are now 3 months pregnant. Don't give up hope. The success rate for IVF is much better than IUI. Also, it's not as painful as it may seem (as long as your wife isn't a wimp). When you're at that stage, I can give you tips on how to make the progesterone shots go smoothly.

Congrats on the pregnancy, Fred.

As for Bud... We did 6 IUIs before jumping over to IVF. Our IUIs were all free since my wife was on a good plan, but eventually the stress of it all made us just go for the IVF. I was nervous about the amount of money at first, but it's probably the best decision we've ever made. I would ask the new doctor if there are any other tests she can run to determine a cause, then see if another IUI attempt is worth it. The fact that they don't know the cause would make me a bit nervous shelling out the money for IVF.

I think some of the fear is that this IVF will be our last gasp at this. We always knew we could afford another IUI round but at the cost of and IVF, this might be it as far as what can be done and that is an intimidating thought.

We will certainly be asking a lot of questions and it is great reading about all the success stories like Fred.

I think some of the fear is that this IVF will be our last gasp at this. We always knew we could afford another IUI round but at the cost of and IVF, this might be it as far as what can be done and that is an intimidating thought.

We will certainly be asking a lot of questions and it is great reading about all the success stories like Fred.

I posted this when Fred was going through it but we had 6 failed IUIs before going to IVF. We were 2 for 2 on IVFs and have two wonderful sons as a result. Total bill was around $50K but it was all worth it. The good thing about IVF is that male/female/unexplained issues really don't matter all that much. The process gets around most of that. The major real issue remaining is if the wife has trouble staying pregnant for some reason.

I'd read up on the new drs success rates, if it's no better than the one you're with I'd reconsider. If you do the ivf and it takes hold, it'll come to a point where your wife will have to go weekly for an ultrasound or blood work. The more high risk, the more appts. That could get tedious if it's an hour away.

My wife got acupuncture done as well. I think for us the stress level really worked against us. She didn't get pregnant till she stopped worrying about it and then it just happened with no dr help.

Edited by Steed

I'd read up on the new drs success rates, if it's no better than the one you're with I'd reconsider. If you do the ivf and it takes hold, it'll come to a point where your wife will have to go weekly for an ultrasound or blood work. The more high risk, the more appts. That could get tedious if it's an hour away.

My wife got acupuncture done as well. I think for us the stress level really worked against us. 3 failed iui and a 1 bust ivf. She didn't get pregnant till she stopped worrying about it and then it just happened with no dr help.

These are good points. My wife also did acupuncture and she loved it. That helped to reduce her stress during the process. Also, we sort of considered this whole experience a bonding session. We essentially went through it by ourselves (without the support of family and friends) and this really strengthened our marriage. I have to admit that our situation is a little different than most because my insurance covers a lifetime maximum of $25,000 towards fertility treatment. With that said, I would pay any amount to feel the type of happiness and excitement that I'm feeling now. Keep faith and it will work out. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions.

I posted this when Fred was going through it but we had 6 failed IUIs before going to IVF. We were 2 for 2 on IVFs and have two wonderful sons as a result. Total bill was around $50K but it was all worth it. The good thing about IVF is that male/female/unexplained issues really don't matter all that much. The process gets around most of that. The major real issue remaining is if the wife has trouble staying pregnant for some reason.

yeah we did 4 or 5 IUIs and ended up with the "unexplained infertility" diagnosis, but first IVF worked (we planted 2 eggs and got twins). Research your doctors, go on interviews and make sure your wife is comfortable with the doctor.

GLLLL

My wife got acupuncture done as well. I think for us the stress level really worked against us. She didn't get pregnant till she stopped worrying about it and then it just happened with no dr help.

Our clinic locally just does IUI's, they don't do IVF. This was one of the reason's for trying an IUI at the clinic in MPLS so we got a feel for the place, doctor, and quite frankly, a second opinion on our tests and everything else.

This clinic has the best results of any in Minnesota so we think we picked the right one. They do offer us the option of doing some of the ultrasounds locally but at this point if we are going to invest the money into the process, why not do it the right way?

I might have to suggest the acupuncture.

Hearing stories like this certainly make us think more positive. It gets frustrating over each month which has turned into years. Hopefully this is an answer for us.