What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trouble getting pregnant? (2 Viewers)

Since this thread is back on page 1, here's an update on my status: my wife is pregnant again. This time we actually used birth control and somehow still got an unplanned pregnancy. So to recap:

Child #1: Doctors tell us there's no way we can have a baby without assistance. We try IVF three times and fail each time. Doctors tell my wife her eggs are low quality and we shouldn't bother trying any more. We start the adoption process before my wife decides she's comfortable with an egg donor, which succeeds on the second attempt. Took about three years, countless shots and medical procedures and painful conversations to become parents.

Child #2: Having been assured we can't have a baby on our own or even with IVF, we resume marital relations. Wife gets pregnant. No way we ###### more than ten times post-pregnancy before she got pregnant.

Child #3: After child #2 we actually have to consider birth control for the first time. We employ some. Wife gets pregnant anyway. No way we ###### more than five times post-pregnancy this time around.

So in conclusion: I hope this helps people keep the faith. Good things can and do happen even after years of hopelessness. We thought one child was an amazing miracle; two years later I feel like Nathan Arizona. Also apparently my wife's reproductive system needed a jump start, like the battery of an old car or something.
Powerball is half a billion tomorrow. go buy a ticket
We've called the fertility center we used to try to set up a consult and figure what the heck happened- they were great and have a great rep so it's doubtful they screwed up or something, we were just curious. They told us something like this is not that uncommon, and some internet searches confirmed that it's not really that unusual once you get that first bun in the oven by any means necessary. So good luck to everyone else trying to get that ball rolling; maybe you'll even get more than you bargained for once you do.
this happened to our good friends (that recommended us to our fertility docs)- had two IVFs and then when they assumed they were all done... *whoops*
And this is exactly why I got the big snip after Yuke was born despite needing IVFs for both boys.

I have 1 box of Follistim AQ Cartridge 300IU

It does expire APR 2015 and we have had it in the fridge since we got it not sure if it would need to stay cool when shipped or not.
Is this offer still open?

We may need a reload on Follistim. It would likely need to stay cool...

Also, this thread is incredibly difficult to find with the search function and have been meaning to update for awhile.

Literally just got back from third appointment. Handed that 14k over a week and a half ago and it's been a ride. Wife is essentially a pic cushion on the outside and a volcano of emotion on the inside. Things are good though, eggs are growing. Right now we are scheduled for the retrieval this Wednesday, but will have another ultrasound on Monday to see if the follicles are big enough yet.

I've also been ordered to make sure I "release" Sunday and Monday evenings. I'll be staying in a hotel room with my mother-in-law at that time. :mellow:

The doctor has been good since that initial hiccup, but holy crap this isn't the smoothest process. Feel very badly for my wife who is bearing the brunt of the pain so far. This better produce a whiny, crying bundle of joy who deprives us of sleep and expendable income.

I have 1 box of Follistim AQ Cartridge 300IU

It does expire APR 2015 and we have had it in the fridge since we got it not sure if it would need to stay cool when shipped or not.
Is this offer still open?

We may need a reload on Follistim. It would likely need to stay cool...
I still have it. If we can figure out a way to get it to you it's all yours.

Sitting in waiting room while my wife us current having the retrieval surgery. Definitely freezing so moment of truth comes in a few days to see how many embryos we get.

Just supplied my part. Gotta say, this office had the nicest jerk off room I've ever seen. Recliner, flat screen tv with choice of movies, dim lighting... I need this sort of room in my house.

Sitting in waiting room while my wife us current having the retrieval surgery. Definitely freezing so moment of truth comes in a few days to see how many embryos we get.

Just supplied my part. Gotta say, this office had the nicest jerk off room I've ever seen. Recliner, flat screen tv with choice of movies, dim lighting... I need this sort of room in my house.
but aside from yourself,you didn't actually touch anything, right?

Nice. After nine years of this, I consider myself a connoisseur of jerk off rooms. In my experience, the most technologically advanced ones always had technical difficulties, which is why I brought an IPad. The most depressing room I used had a collection of old labelled VHS tapes. What was weird is that they had three tapes labelled French Anal, German Anal, and Swedish Anal, which seemed a bit excessive to me. I'm not sure anal sex fetishists are that particular about which Western European women are getting the business.

Now that I have the kid, I have to come to terms with never jerking in an impersonal sad, bathroom again.

My problem was always aiming into the cup. The angling was awkward and it took me out of the moment. They should develop some sort of sterilized extra-strength tissue technology.

Nice. After nine years of this, I consider myself a connoisseur of jerk off rooms. In my experience, the most technologically advanced ones always had technical difficulties, which is why I brought an IPad. The most depressing room I used had a collection of old labelled VHS tapes. What was weird is that they had three tapes labelled French Anal, German Anal, and Swedish Anal, which seemed a bit excessive to me. I'm not sure anal sex fetishists are that particular about which Western European women are getting the business.

Now that I have the kid, I have to come to terms with never jerking in an impersonal sad, bathroom again.
You guys got videos? :hot:

:lmao: I had the same thought when we went through it. Mine had a fridge with drinks and snacks too. Tough to leave that room.

My problem was always aiming into the cup. The angling was awkward and it took me out of the moment. They should develop some sort of sterilized extra-strength tissue technology.
And they always say stuff like "try not to have it on the inner sides of the cup." I'm not Annie Oakley, OK.
Told me not to "touch" the cup with my junk....no idea how that heck that's suppose to go.

I'll always remember "Cocoa and cream", the interracial adventure that brought me my sweet daughter. I should probably track a copy down so I can give it to her at her bat mitzvah.

:lmao:

I didn't think much about it since it was 5:45 am and i just didn't want to think about anything.

But now if we have a daughter we probably have to call her christy Mack.

Uhhh I totally touched the cup with my junk. I also forgot to write my name on the cup initially.

The room I had to use was like 9 square feet. It was like jerking off in an upright coffin.
This was my previous experiences. The room at my local hospital where I initially got tested was basically a closet with nothing inside. Then to top it off there were two whiny, old nurses right outside the door. I should get a medal for that performance.

Any of you guys know of anything to help you make teh juice?

We'll get the flower, we'll start to get down and 30 minutes later there's nothing coming out.

Is there a medicine? Is it all mental? It's gotten to the point where we're looking into IUI because we both test pretty well, but I'm having problems getting the boys home the old fashioned route.

Implantation date is 4/23.

How laid up were your wives/girlfriends after? My wife insists we need to stay in a hotel basically shut in for three days. I don't doubt her, just seemed a bit extreme. Can we drive the 2.5 hours home?

How laid up were your wives/girlfriends after? My wife insists we need to stay in a hotel basically shut in for three days. I don't doubt her, just seemed a bit extreme. Can we drive the 2.5 hours home?
Unless something has changed in the past ten years, there's no scientific evidence saying that she needs to be laid up at all. But she's probably freaking out so she wants to make sure that she does everything possible to make it work. I get that. I think my wife took it easy for a day or so the first time around, it doesn't hurt if you can manage it. When we did it for the second kid we had a one-year-old so taking it easy wasn't really an option.

The retrieval date is when she needs to take it easy. You're fine to travel after implantation. I just don't think it's a good idea to have sex for a few weeks (or months if you're successful).

The retrieval date is when she needs to take it easy. You're fine to travel after implantation. I just don't think it's a good idea to have sex for a few weeks (or months if you're successful).
This was my impression too. We definitely took it easy after retrieval.

And we've had sex once in the last month. With a condom. :(

Unless something has changed in the past ten years, there's no scientific evidence saying that she needs to be laid up at all. But she's probably freaking out so she wants to make sure that she does everything possible to make it work. I get that. I think my wife took it easy for a day or so the first time around, it doesn't hurt if you can manage it. When we did it for the second kid we had a one-year-old so taking it easy wasn't really an option.
Yeah we planned it for over a weekend. I actually start a ginormous trial that Monday so taking the weekend to prep in a hotel office lounge works for me. Just not a fan of incurring additional costs to this whole process since we don't live that far away.

Yeah we planned it for over a weekend. I actually start a ginormous trial that Monday so taking the weekend to prep in a hotel office lounge works for me. Just not a fan of incurring additional costs to this whole process since we don't live that far away.
I would say that whatever makes your wife happy is what you should go with. You need her to be positive during those 2 weeks. If she thinks that staying in a hotel is a good idea, then stay in a damn hotel.

We did 1 night in the hotel and drove home 4 hours the next day.

I would say that whatever makes your wife happy is what you should go with. You need her to be positive during those 2 weeks. If she thinks that staying in a hotel is a good idea, then stay in a damn hotel.
I hear ya.

Update: Transfer this Thursday.

Day 3 of the shots tonight. She takes it like a champ, but god I hate needles.

:lmao: Was thinking of when I went through this stage. To say I HATE needles is an understatement. The first shot I tried to give my wife, I jabbed my own finger and I have been mocked (rightfully so) since.

:lmao: Was thinking of when I went through this stage. To say I HATE needles is an understatement. The first shot I tried to give my wife, I jabbed my own finger and I have been mocked (rightfully so) since.
Ugh. She swears up and down it doesn't hurt. I have anxiety right now just thinking about it.

Ugh. She swears up and down it doesn't hurt. I have anxiety right now just thinking about it.
Sound like my wife. She was tough as nails. I will say I got pretty damn good at giving shots after a couple weeks.

Good luck.

Since this was bumped I'll update that we're trying again for in vitro in about a month. Probably our last attempt. Starting to come to grips with the fact that maybe I'm just not meant to have kids :(

Users who are viewing this thread