What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:MERGED: Browns trade RB Suggs to Jets (1 Viewer)

MKB4®

Footballguy
Berea - The Cleveland Browns have traded running back Lee Suggs to the New York Jets for cornerback Derrick Strait.

Strait, who will begin his third season in the NFL, is listed at 5'11" and 189 lbs.

Strait was drafted in the third round by the Jets in 2004.

Strait played in five games his rookie season, after missing seven games due to an ankle injury, and concluded the regular season with five tackles on defense, 1.5 sacks and one PD and added one special teams' tackle.

Suggs was drafted in the fourth round of the 2003 NFL draft.

He has played in 25 career games; with three starts.

Suggs rushed for a career-high 186 yards on 26 carries and 2 touchdowns at Cincinnati on December 28, 2003.

Be sure to watch Channel 3 news at 6:00pm for the very latest on the Cleveland Browns.

http://www.wkyc.com

Last edited by a moderator:
With this move, I predict the Jets will be 4-12 instead of 4-12 like I was previously predicting.

I didn't think that Suggs was a serious threat to Droughns, but this indicates Rube should be a three down back consistantly. Also, who the heck will emerge in the Jets backfield?

woo!

Break a leg, Lee! (Not literally of course)

Any Suggs owners should be jumping for joy right about now.

So is Green now the solid RB2 behind Droughns, with Harrison as the 3rd down/change of pace role?

Per the FBGs News Blogger

August 14, 2006, 14:00

Jets, Browns :: RB

RB Suggs Traded To Jets

WKYC-TV in Cleveland - [Full Article]

The Cleveland Browns have traded RB Lee Suggs to the New York Jets for CB Derrick Strait.

I'm truely excited for Suggs. I think he is a true player that was fresh out of chances in Cleveland. As a Browns fan though, I question this trade. Suggs was one of our most valuable pieces of trade bait and we trade him for a CB???? We are three strong at CB with Baxter, Bodden, and McCutcheon, all three of whom could start. Also, I'm not very comfortable if Droughns gets hurt because Green flat out sucks.

So is Green now the solid RB2 behind Droughns, with Harrison as the 3rd down/change of pace role?
:yes: I don't think this is a good thing for Green owners though since I drafted him late hoping he'd get a chance to start somewhere else. Droughns and Harrison are going to get almost all the carries and Green won't see the field much unless Drougns is injured.

The Browns must be more worried about Gary Baxter then they are letting on.
kinda what i was thinking too. hopefully it's just for depth.
There were rumors that one the the Browns' RB's were going to the Eagles for Fralley. I think this is very telling on the Browns CB situation if they'd bypass a trade for a center (if rumors were true) for a CB. They must be really worried about both Baxter and McCutheon.

Suggs is my RB5 in two different deep dynasty leagues. It was looking like I wasn't going to have roster room to keep him in either league. When I went home tonight, I was going to shop him for a garbage pick in a future rookie draft.

That plan is currently on hold...... :D

Looks like Mr. William Green ran Lee "Gimpy" Suggs out of town for good. Suggs was always a wanna-be. Don't let the door hit your ### on the way out, boy.

Before Suggs becomes the next, um, Mike Bell, let's not get carried away. Houston, Blaylock and/or Washington are still very much in the picture here.

The Browns must be more worried about Gary Baxter then they are letting on.
kinda what i was thinking too. hopefully it's just for depth.
There were rumors that one the the Browns' RB's were going to the Eagles for Fralley. I think this is very telling on the Browns CB situation if they'd bypass a trade for a center (if rumors were true) for a CB. They must be really worried about both Baxter and McCutheon.
i would've been much happier with OL help, but maybe they just couldn't work anything out?maybe they didn't want Suggs, and Phil didn't want to part with Green?i think once they drafted Harrison, they knew someone had to go, and maybe this was simplp the best trade they could work out? it does raise some questions though.

What a 4 headed monster in NY now...
I think the only "heads" of any real interest are Suggs and Houston. Those are the two best backs on the team.
I agree. To me it's a battle between Suggs and Houston for the starting role and Blaylock and Washington for the 3rd role. It's still a huge mess though since none of them are likely to have a fantasy impact.

Blaylock and/or Washington are still very much mediocre here.
Edited for accuracy.
I agree with you on Blaylock, as I think he benefited from the KC system, but I don't think we know enough about Washington yet.
He was a fourth round pick with horrible combine numbers. The NYJ staff has had a long look at him and still decided to bring in Suggs. The odds of him being the next Dom Davis are slim and I think it's pretty safe to file him away in the Alvin Pearman abyss.

15 sdg | 21 105 | -2 | 0 |

| 16 mia | 38 143 | 4 | 0 |

| 17 hou | 26 131 | 23 | 0 |

Looking at these three weeks alone mean this is a very good trade for the Jets... Suggs offers something they don't currently have at RB... Explosiveness and potential...

He may amount to nothing but going up against mediocre backs in NY means he has a real shot if he can stay healthy.

15 sdg | 21 105 | -2 | 0 || 16 mia | 38 143 | 4 | 0 || 17 hou | 26 131 | 23 | 0 |Looking at these three weeks alone mean this is a very good trade for the Jets... Suggs offers something they don't currently have at RB... Explosiveness and potential...He may amount to nothing but going up against mediocre backs in NY means he has a real shot if he can stay healthy.
sadly, i think he will be remembered as Lee "If He Could Stay Healthy" Suggs.

Users who are viewing this thread