Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
urbanhack

Missing FBGs

13 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Yeah, where is @The General ?

i don't mind that he's gone ... nothin' personal, mind you ... just that his Costas avatar made me wretch - i can't stand that lil' pipsqueak mutha ####er

• Laughing 1

Who was the dude that lived in Texas, was into building hippie cities where everyone walked everyehere and when he responded to a post he always wrote a 5,000 word essay?

4 minutes ago, Engelberg said:

Who was the dude that lived in Texas, was into building hippie cities where everyone walked everyehere and when he responded to a post he always wrote a 5,000 word essay?

Koya?

• Like 3
  • Laughing 2

On 6/16/2019 at 12:02 PM, NREC34 said:

Whatever happened to McGarnicle???? 

I miss him too.  Stalked him due to the T-shirt exchange one year.  Dude loves dogs and frisbee golf.  He was one of the more liberal posters, but hardly a problem child.

1 hour ago, Engelberg said:

1 hour ago, eoMMan said:

Koya?

Yes.  Miss that guy.  I have his email and should probably hit him up since I'm considering a move back to Texas and we're very close industry-wise.

On 5/14/2019 at 1:03 PM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

where the F is EG? what happened?

I got a 17 day ban a while back for something I thought would fly before the current restrictions. Didn't post for a couple of months. I came back part time after that and within a day was getting posts deleted that weren't remotely off-color. That was about it. I came back to try to get people to watch my buddy's TV show and because I heard otb_lifer came back to talk Triple Crown. Now that those things are over, I don't really have anything more to do here. The only reason I really used to post here was to try to make people laugh. I derive a lot of joy from thinking that I put a smile on someone's face, especially the great people here. 

If I can't do that, and I can't seem to under the auspices of the new PG FFA, I have no raison d'etre. I think of amusing posts or anecdotes all the time and where I used to post them, I now swallow them. I'll still pop in from time to time and read, but likely won't post much, if at all. My time here appears to be at an end, at least in the way it once was. 

I wish everyone here a lifetime of happiness and laughter. I firmly believe this is the finest group of people assembled anywhere on the internet. I love you all. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 3
  • Sad 7

Best of luck, EG. Loved your posts and enjoyed your musings in the SP, too. 

See you tomorrow?

1 hour ago, Evilgrin 72 said:

I love you all. 

I still warn every person I know off Haribo sugar-free gummi bears because of you.

I think you probably have my email addy.  You can post all of your anecdotes to me from now on and I will hoard them like the stupid a$$hole kid from back in the day who wouldn't let anyone else play with his sweet G.I. Joes.

6 hours ago, Evilgrin 72 said:

I got a 17 day ban a while back for something I thought would fly before the current restrictions. Didn't post for a couple of months. I came back part time after that and within a day was getting posts deleted that weren't remotely off-color. That was about it. I came back to try to get people to watch my buddy's TV show and because I heard otb_lifer came back to talk Triple Crown. Now that those things are over, I don't really have anything more to do here. The only reason I really used to post here was to try to make people laugh. I derive a lot of joy from thinking that I put a smile on someone's face, especially the great people here. 

If I can't do that, and I can't seem to under the auspices of the new PG FFA, I have no raison d'etre. I think of amusing posts or anecdotes all the time and where I used to post them, I now swallow them. I'll still pop in from time to time and read, but likely won't post much, if at all. My time here appears to be at an end, at least in the way it once was. 

I wish everyone here a lifetime of happiness and laughter. I firmly believe this is the finest group of people assembled anywhere on the internet. I love you all. 

:hifive:

so very mutual, EG ... it's always a very thick slice in those TC threads - an FFA bucket list item is hitting one of the Jewels with you - you get it like none other when we chat ponies, perfect match. 

now - CHERNOBYL?  ok, i been avoidng the HBO show thread 'cuz i have an upcoming binge slated - really wanted the ability to seamlessly digest it, so i eschewed the weekly episodes - now i have this gem at my disposal for a full on, voracious viewing ... knowing there's a connection to you just gonna make a great experience all the more sweeter. 

i'm still feeling pangs of regret in regards to the heavy manners being doled out here - it's been a very cool six weeks thus far, but the element of debauchery is sorely missed, i miss the faster/looser bent of this gig - especially when it was as epic as your storytime sagas. all in good fun, and you did bring a ton of smiles and guffaws and belly laughs and drinks shootin' out the nose (though one would be best served not attempting liquids when reading).

i will Bat Signal you occasionally if i decide to stick around - gonna miss your regular contributions a ton ... we all will. 

will PM with some more detail - have a great one, EG :towelwave:

7 hours ago, Evilgrin 72 said:

Before you go for good, know that you made me smile on lots of occasions.  You achieved your goal.  One of my favorite posters.  Good luck to you in your endeavors.  You're a good man.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Evilgrin 72 said:

Thank you for all the awesome. And please keep writing, EG, you have a real talent.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Evilgrin 72 said:

Clyde don't bless this

• Like 5

On 5/24/2019 at 1:37 PM, HellToupee said:

@The General

He took a bad beat but is still not back

On 5/24/2019 at 2:02 PM, nirad3 said:

Solid poster, IMO.

On 6/17/2019 at 5:02 PM, Cowboysfan8 said:

Yeah, where is @The General ?

Wut up, Brohans.

• Like 4

On 6/18/2019 at 7:01 AM, otb_lifer said:

i don't mind that he's gone ... nothin' personal, mind you ... just that his Costas avatar made me wretch - i can't stand that lil' pipsqueak mutha ####er

Meh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

Costas = top 5 all-time punchable face, across all formats.

#### him. 

False. I can think of at least 10 more off the top of my head. 

Just now, The General said:

BALDERDASH! :ptts:

... though i do greatly appreciate your avvy showcasing the Pink Eye era of Pee Wee Vermin :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The General said:

Costas is fine, he's just doing what they want him to do.  You can't blame the guy, he's getting paid.

otb_lifer doing his non-stop wikkidpissah babble is a whole other ordeal.  And probably not getting paid.

• Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

Costas is fine, he's just doing what they want him to do.  You can't blame the guy, he's getting paid.

otb_lifer doing his non-stop wikkidpissah babble is a whole other ordeal.  And probably not getting paid.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

wow, dude .... ayfkm?

everyone knows me, MoCS and Wik are all Rockation aliases - get yer notebook in order.

:violin:

• Laughing 2

4 minutes ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

The pic is from when he grossed out the country with his pink eye at Winter Olympics years ago. My wife, who is insanely clean and tidy about everything, got pink eye at the same time which cracked me up.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

4 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

wow, dude .... ayfkm?

everyone knows me, MoCS and Wik are all Rockation aliases - get yer notebook in order.

:violin:

LOL.  I'm just messin with you.  Big fan.

Edited by Rodrigo Duterte
  • Laughing 1

17 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

:lmao:

And nobody was fooled. Races con slappy and nufced. 

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, HellToupee said:

Miss that guy. 

General Tso was the T####.

36 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Does Eminence have a new handle now?

AKA an Eminence front. 

10 minutes ago, rockaction said:

:lmao:

And nobody was fooled. Races con slappy and nufced. 

when you're in Pompei, we're all in Pompei 

1 hour ago, NREC34 said:

on twitter at eminence fbg

18 hours ago, Evilgrin 72 said:

It might have appeared to go unnoticed, but I've got it all here in my heart. I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it. I would be nothing without you. Did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything I wish I could be. I could fly higher than an eagle, for you are the wind beneath my wings.

• Laughing 1

21 hours ago, Evilgrin 72 said:

You're one of the good ones EG. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 12:26 AM, Evilgrin 72 said:

FWIW, I miss your sense of humor, EG.  Too bad moderation policies result in good posters like yourself leaving.  

On 6/20/2019 at 2:55 PM, NREC34 said:

Probably a scout in the NFL now and doesn't have time for us.  Or he hit it big with all of his sports wagering and penny day trading.  We're peons to him, now.

Just like the guy who drew pictures of willies and started his t-shirt empire.  I bet that lady who took his first order is probably regretting it now for not being nicer to him.  She could have been rich by now.  

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

14 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

Probably a scout in the NFL now and doesn't have time for us.  Or he hit it big with all of his sports wagering and penny day trading.  We're peons to him, now.

Just like the guy who drew pictures of willies and started his t-shirt empire.  I bet that lady who took his first order is probably regretting it now for not being nicer to him.  She could have been rich by now.  

I liked RoknRol. I just hope he didn't kill Koya.

The easiest way to get his latest alias is to post some picks and wins in the Wagering Thread and wait for a PM calling you out and stating that "he runs that thread" and you need to show respect and deference. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3

On 6/20/2019 at 12:26 AM, Evilgrin 72 said:

18 hours ago, johnnycakes said:

FWIW, I miss your sense of humor, EG.  Too bad moderation policies result in good posters like yourself leaving.  

Yes it is an absolute shame we can't enjoy more EG stories and posts. Some of the best reading ever on these boards & always put a smile on my face. Now mods just prefer having people bash each other In the political threads and let a certain couple of people get away with calling others bigots and racists. But mercy no will anyone enjoy any kind of innocent humor & storytelling. It's rather pathetic. 

• Like 2

Yeah. He had a thread about being addicted to gambling that lasted about 5 minutes until he got exposed and shut it down.

2 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

Yeah. He had a thread about being addicted to gambling that lasted about 5 minutes until he got exposed and shut it down.

Oh, that was him?

I was wondering about that. Sounded too perfect.

6 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Oh, that was him?

I was wondering about that. Sounded too perfect.

I believe so or someone else PMd me telling me they had to shut down the thread even though they “just needed help”. Could have been anyone I suppose.

1 minute ago, Osaurus said:

I believe so or someone else PMd me telling me they had to shut down the thread even though they “just needed help”. Could have been anyone I suppose.

I see. Well, that depends on the tone and tenor. That first post sounded way too contrite and self-aware. Usually the Embot, bless his soul, is a bit more contrarian than the first post led me to believe. 

Just now, rockaction said:

I see. Well, that depends on the tone and tenor. That first post sounded way too contrite and self-aware. Usually the Embot, bless his soul, is a bit more contrarian than the first post led me to believe. 

It was the OP who PMd me