What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TLSL "The Last Survivor League" (1 Viewer)

Family Matters

Footballguy
I've heard several state they'd like 1 more survivor league to draft after some pre-season games. Well this is it. Same rules as usual excpet for 1 important difference:

There will be a 4 hour timer. If you timeout, you will have to wait until the end of the draft to make your pick. All missed pick will draft in order of the missed pick and will have 1 hour to make their pick(s). The missed pick draft will last for 8 hours so you must pick effeciently. The clock will be suspended from midnight until 8:00 AM ET.

Link to draft:

http://football36.myfantasyleague.com/2006...=54157&O=17http://football36.myfantasyleague.com/2006...=54157&O=17

Twilight has agreed to handle this at his site. Thanks Twiligt, as always, you're the man!

The first 16 to sign up will get us started. But please sign up only if you can make your pick in a timely manner. PM to someone or make yourself available by phone. Otherwise take a pass and let someone else draft.

All other rules are the same and are as follows:

18 rounds of drafting

No free agent pick ups

Serpentine drafting

No submission of rosters. Each week 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK and 1 Def/ST will be maximized for your weekly score

No limits on draft by position, i.e. you can draft 4 defenses if so inclined

Player Scoring:

Passing TDs = 6 pts

Rushing/receiving TDs = 6 pts

1 pt per 20 yards passing

1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving

1 pt per reception (QB/RB/WR)

2 pt per reception (TE)

Kicker Scoring:

3 pts per FG

1 pt per EP

Defense Scoring:

Points Allowed

0 = 5 points

1-6 = 3 points

7-13 = 1 point

14+ = 0 points

Total Yards Allowed

0-199 = 5 points

200-249 = 3 points

250-299 = 1 point

300+ = 0 points

Sack = 1 point

INT/Fumble Recovery = 2 points

Safety = 2 points

TD (inc. ST) = 6 points

Low Score each week for first 13 weeks is booted off (except for the cumulative scoring league). High score gets amnesty for next week. Scores reset each week.

Once there are 3 teams left, there will be no more amnesty.

For weeks 14-end of the season, 1 team will be lost every two weeks.

A prize of message board bragging rights will be given to the winner.

If two teams should tie for low score, the tie will be broken by best player not used in calculating the maximum score per squad regardless of position.

Should a dispute arise, Twilight will act as the league commish once the season starts. His decision is final. In scoring disputes, we'll defer to the scoring used by Twilight and his software. Scores are final as of midnite Tuesday, no matter what scoring changes occur during the week. Family Matters will serve as commish prior to the season.

Time limits explained above. No additional time for the people on the tail end of the snake.

Pre-drafting via PM to another member is encouraged.

Last edited by a moderator:
18 teams? Why - there is no point to that.

Make it a 14 teamer and I am in for any position

Make it a 12 teamer and I will take the 9 hole

Otherwise, I will pass - too late and too many things to do.

is the clock ever off? like at night or weekends?

im in btw regardless.

will probably finish before mbsl 2. snore

18 teams? Why - there is no point to that.Make it a 14 teamer and I am in for any positionMake it a 12 teamer and I will take the 9 holeOtherwise, I will pass - too late and too many things to do.
Sorry, I meant 16 teams like the other survivors. Thanks for clarifying.

I would like to have a spot please. Could you tell me where this draft will be run at, here or at MFL.com?

Thanks,

Mike

1 FM

2 Renesauz

3 Fiddles

4 Yudkin

5 All In

6 Bass

7 ffweasel

8 Rads

9 Jeff Pasquino

10 Rush

Penalty for a duplicate pick???
Why not just use MFL.com?
It cost money ($89) and this a free league.
We could draft there for free....anyway, what about the intial question?
How? And that would solve the dup issue.
Draft at MFL is free, if you don't pay then they don't score. We use it frequently.
It would really help in doing predrafts also! I work wierd shifts, but always send lists. MFL predraft makes that sooooo much easier. We could still have the chatter here. :2cents:

Penalty for a duplicate pick???
Why not just use MFL.com?
It cost money ($89) and this a free league.
We could draft there for free....anyway, what about the intial question?
How? And that would solve the dup issue.
Draft at MFL is free, if you don't pay then they don't score. We use it frequently.
Sounds great. We'll do it! In fact I';ll just use the random draft feature to set the draft order as well. :thumbup:

This should be real interesting. Someone is going to get stuck on the clock at a bad time. Will probably have to pre-draft several round in advance to keep it from being me.

AhrnCityPahnder said:
Appreciate the invite but I've had enough SLs this year. Enjoy guys.
I can understand where he is coming from - our MBSL draft was pretty brutal at some points.......LOVE the loose the pick until the end idea

From the first post

"If you timeout, you will have to wait until the end of the draft to make your pick. "

We had ALOT of timeout issues with guys in the MBSL draft. It was odd, because historically, the MBSL round of what I'll now call the Survivor Draft Series typically involves the most hardcore bunch.

I think if we counted all the timeouts, we would have had 2 owners on around a 15 minute clock. One guy went AWOL and never made his last 2 picks.

From the first post

"If you timeout, you will have to wait until the end of the draft to make your pick. "

We had ALOT of timeout issues with guys in the MBSL draft. It was odd, because historically, the MBSL round of what I'll now call the Survivor Draft Series typically involves the most hardcore bunch.

I think if we counted all the timeouts, we would have had 2 owners on around a 15 minute clock. One guy went AWOL and never made his last 2 picks.
I LOVE this rule - MBSL 2 is still ongoing, and nearing another 8 hr timeout (with no penalty) in the 13th. Even though it was geared to be the "slow" MBSL draft, it's gotten to be ridiculous at times.

Users who are viewing this thread