Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Family Matters

TLSL "The Last Survivor League"

JEeeeeeez....I only brought about 30 or so names with me to work, and every one is gone now. Wouldn't be a big deal except that it looks like I'll be picking again in just an hour or two at this pace! :eek:

Use Pasquino's rankings.
Does that include a kicker this round...? :yes:

QB -

RB - McGahee 8, Taylor 6

WR - CJ 5, Walker 4, Brown 9, Horn 7

TE -

WOW...no matching bye weeks. Really think the recent news about Jones and Stallworth will bump up Horn and Taylor. How can you not like Horn as a WR4 in this format. Interesting enough that Barlow and Evans were the other two on my pre-draft list.

QB - RB - McGahee 8, Taylor 6WR - CJ 5, Walker 4, Brown 9, Horn 7TE - WOW...no matching bye weeks. Really think the recent news about Jones and Stallworth will bump up Horn and Taylor. How can you not like Horn as a WR4 in this format. Interesting enough that Barlow and Evans were the other two on my pre-draft list.

Nice team Bas

Well now. Are we approaching our first timeout? :popcorn:

I believe we are... :mellow:

Well now. Are we approaching our first timeout? :popcorn:

I believe we are... :mellow:
tick...tock...tick...tock :yawn:
Just got back from golfing... picking NOW

I did too. What did you shoot?

Let's just say it wasn't worth playing in the rain and delaying the draft... :bag: Apparently you have to create a new list for EACH round... I had r ound 5 covered.

Let's just say it wasn't worth playing in the rain and delaying the draft... :bag: Apparently you have to create a new list for EACH round... I had r ound 5 covered.
Yup...sort of like when you hit a golf ball...swing, it travels some distance, and it stops. You sort of have to swing again to make it move some more.

QB - RB - McGahee 8, Taylor 6WR - CJ 5, Walker 4, Brown 9, Horn 7TE - WOW...no matching bye weeks. Really think the recent news about Jones and Stallworth will bump up Horn and Taylor. How can you not like Horn as a WR4 in this format. Interesting enough that Barlow and Evans were the other two on my pre-draft list.

Nice team Bas
Thanks...happy with it drafting from the back. We'll see what I get at TE and QB as I'm at the mercy 28 picks in the interim.As a note, I saw Taylor play against Carolina and he looked extremely quick. He was easily the best back on the field that night. I do think McGahee's receptions will increase again this year making him very dependable in this format and surely the TDs can't get worse.

Yup...sort of like when you hit a golf ball...swing, it travels some distance, and it stops. You sort of have to swing again to make it move some more.
Hmm... both of those pieces of information would have been helpful a few hours ago... :D

Nice team Bas
Thanks...happy with it drafting from the back. We'll see what I get at TE and QB as I'm at the mercy 28 picks in the interim.As a note, I saw Taylor play against Carolina and he looked extremely quick. He was easily the best back on the field that night. I do think McGahee's receptions will increase again this year making him very dependable in this format and surely the TDs can't get worse.
I too like your team excpet for Taylor. No reason to think he'll put up 16 games and will likely be hurting when you need him most. That aside, your team is looking great. Another point too is that it's rare to end up with good scoring from RB1, 2, Wr1, 2 & 3 to go with your TE and QB in a 16 team format so anything you get from Taylore will be nice for sure. Now if he does come around at the right time, say after week 10 and you're still in this (I don't want to jinx you) then this team will be a competitor to the title based on your start so far. :thumbup:

I see Jeff logged on about 20 minutes ago but I don't think it'll make it to me tonight so I am headed to bed. :yawn:

QB -

RB - McGahee 8, Taylor 6

WR - CJ 5, Walker 4, Brown 9, Horn 7

TE -

WOW...no matching bye weeks. Really think the recent news about Jones and Stallworth will bump up Horn and Taylor. How can you not like Horn as a WR4 in this format. Interesting enough that Barlow and Evans were the other two on my pre-draft list.

Looks like we were looking at the same players although I can't imagine you would have really wanted Evans and McGahee. Here's mine so far and I'm pretty happy with it from the 16 spot:

QB -

RB - Kevin Jones (8), Tatum Bell (4), Kevan Barlow (9)

WR - Torry Holt (7), Lee Evans (8)

TE - Tony Gonzalez (3)

Pick made.

First double up at bye weeks, but I'll live.

QB - CPep (8)

RB - Portis (8), Gore (7)

WR - Boldin (9), Rod Smith (4)

TE - Crumpler (5)

I like it so far.

Pick made.First double up at bye weeks, but I'll live.QB - CPep (8)RB - Portis (8), Gore (7)WR - Boldin (9), Rod Smith (4)TE - Crumpler (5)I like it so far.

Oh, and I just crushed my local league draft (4-5 keepers, 22 rounds, only 10 teams, same starters as here plus 1 flex).

Pick made.First double up at bye weeks, but I'll live.QB - CPep (8)RB - Portis (8), Gore (7)WR - Boldin (9), Rod Smith (4)TE - Crumpler (5)I like it so far.

I like it also, nice team Jeff, I dont really see a team that compares

Agreed. This looks pretty stout, Jeff. I am regretting the McNabb pick from where I was. QBs can get so scarce in 16s, I was trying to jump start a run that never came, but would have probably hurt me if it did happen and I was left behind. Bad call. Bad judgement. I should have known this crew would be patient at QB. I'm naked at RB for the miscalculation.QB McNabb 9RB Alexander 5WR Wayne 6WR Burress 4TE Watson 6In this scoring, I'm happy with all five, but I am SOL at RB going forward. Still, I have a plan. :boxing:

Agreed. This looks pretty stout, Jeff. I am regretting the McNabb pick from where I was. QBs can get so scarce in 16s, I was trying to jump start a run that never came, but would have probably hurt me if it did happen and I was left behind. Bad call. Bad judgement. I should have known this crew would be patient at QB. I'm naked at RB for the miscalculation.QB McNabb 9RB Alexander 5WR Wayne 6WR Burress 4TE Watson 6In this scoring, I'm happy with all five, but I am SOL at RB going forward. Still, I have a plan. :boxing:
Thanks fellas. Still lots to go, but I like how 6 rounds have rounded out my starters.I'm definitely on my game right when I need to be.

Would you :censored: quit drafting my pre drafts right before me! :rant::P

Overall, I think this will be a very competitive league... some really strong teams so far.

Just a quick shout to say you guys are doing a great job keeping this draft going. We nearly finished the 6th round today and that's awesome! Keep up the good job everyone! :thumbup:

You guys think I should have waited on that Homer pick? Im pretty confident in LenDale's ability's, I think that pick is a bargain.

You guys think I should have waited on that Homer pick? Im pretty confident in LenDale's ability's, I think that pick is a bargain.

That's a decent pick here. Good call on VALUE - but you have a few needs to address ASAP.

Thought about him, but with Jones/Benson already having a week7 BYE I couldn't do it.

That's a decent pick here. Good call on VALUE - but you have a few needs to address ASAP.
Your absolutly right I desperatly have other needs to address

I don't know how much longer you could have waited considering the remaining RBs. I'm on the fence regarding White. I don't know what to make of Henry story, Chris Brown, that team, etc.

I don't know how much longer you could have waited considering the remaining RBs. I'm on the fence regarding White. I don't know what to make of Henry story, Chris Brown, that team, etc.
It's hard to respect a team that has the punter on the cover of their Press Guide.

I'm out until tommorrow around mid-day. Put in a pile of pre-drafts, but I'm not sure if it will be enough. If my pre-drafts don't fly, I'm sending instructions to the commish via PM.

I'm out until tommorrow around mid-day. Put in a pile of pre-drafts, but I'm not sure if it will be enough. If my pre-drafts don't fly, I'm sending instructions to the commish via PM.

That's good form and appreciated. :thumbup:

:goodposting: Thanks BnB.

:goodposting: Thanks BnB.
Absolutely. I appreciate you planning ahead to keep this rolling.

I'd be shocked to pick again today....

I PM'ed and emailed "ALL IN".

8 picks down, pretty good pace. If we nail 2-3 rounds Th and 2-3 Friday, that leaves just 4-6.... weekend should kill half that.

Im gonna be gone all day saturday, sunday, monday, Im gonna prerank, amd Im also going to give some instructions to the commishioner like BnB did.

Im gonna be gone all day saturday, sunday, monday, Im gonna prerank, amd Im also going to give some instructions to the commishioner like BnB did.

If all the folks who aren't going to be around this weekend Pre-Rank, this could be finished in short order...

Isn't Chris Perry being pupped for 6 weeks?

:eek::X Please tell me this isn't so.....Everything I've seen lately pointed to him coming back soon

:eek::X Please tell me this isn't so.....Everything I've seen lately pointed to him coming back soon
This is the latest I have seen

The Bengals are missing a vital piece to the offense behind starter Rudi Johnson in Chris Perry. The team could either keep him on the roster and deactivate him on game days until his knee and ankle are healthy enough to play or it could put him on the Physically Unable to Perform list, in which case he would automatically miss the first six weeks of the season.

Understand I used an angry face because I wanted him PuP or not. Blaylock has a very small window as a starter in NY, and I figured if I could survive to Perry's return, that he could help me out.

This is the latest I have seen

The Bengals are missing a vital piece to the offense behind starter Rudi Johnson in Chris Perry. The team could either keep him on the roster and deactivate him on game days until his knee and ankle are healthy enough to play or it could put him on the Physically Unable to Perform list, in which case he would automatically miss the first six weeks of the season.

Understand I used an angry face because I wanted him PuP or not. Blaylock has a very small window as a starter in NY, and I figured if I could survive to Perry's return, that he could help me out.
I just wasn't real comfortable with my RB's to this point and wanted someone who could at least score most weeks. Figured Perry to be back by week 2 or 3 and be that guy.

Well, so far, my team isn't flashy, but I'm kinda digging it...

Bledsoe, Drew DAL QB

Brees, Drew NOS QB

Johnson, Rudi CIN RB

McAllister, Deuce NOS RB

Harrison, Marvin IND WR

Kennison, Eddie KCC WR

McCardell, Keenan SDC WR

Shockey, Jeremy NYG TE

My QBs aren't top-of-the-line, but not too shabby. Rudi should be solid, if he stays healthy, and Deuce has looked great so far. He might be a steal for many in drafts this year. Bush hasn't taken away as much as I feared, and his injury does appear to be a factor. All three receivers are #1's and should put up good numbers. Shockey is solid and will produce.

My team stinks I know, i knew i could never compete with you sharks around here but it is fun trying.

Eli 4, Leftwich 6

Westy 9, Parker 4, JJones 3

Andre Johnson 5, Burleson 5

McMicheal 8

I thought i erased my predraft for the Burleson pick. I did really try to delete my predraft and thought I had done it correctly but guess not now I am dead week 5 maybe. I screwed it up and my team at the same time. What a costly gaff I must have got the rounds messed up or soemthing. Hate predrafting anyways but didnt want to hold the group up.

My team stinks I know, i knew i could never compete with you sharks around here but it is fun trying.Eli 4, Leftwich 6Westy 9, Parker 4, JJones 3Andre Johnson 5, Burleson 5McMicheal 8I thought i erased my predraft for the Burleson pick. I did really try to delete my predraft and thought I had done it correctly but guess not now I am dead week 5 maybe. I screwed it up and my team at the same time. What a costly gaff I must have got the rounds messed up or soemthing. Hate predrafting anyways but didnt want to hold the group up.

It's a long season of known knowns, known unknowns and unknown unknowns. :D I think you're fine, and at WR you can certainly recover from bye week issues with just two picked. Westy and Parker could both be gold in this scoring. I thought Eli fell too far.

Had Troupe predrafted only to lose him one pick before mine. Engram will be WR1 in Seattle this season. :football:

I like your team, so far. I've been high on Engram (as I seem to be every year), and you snagged him a round or two earlier than I would have tried to get him in. Everyone seems to forget about him, and he easily outproduces his ADP each year. I'm not sold on Burleson, and feel that Engram is an established part of that offense and knows it well. He will easily outproduce what you got him at... :thumbup: