Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Family Matters

TLSL "The Last Survivor League"

Had Troupe predrafted only to lose him one pick before mine. Engram will be WR1 in Seattle this season. :football:

I like your team, so far. I've been high on Engram (as I seem to be every year), and you snagged him a round or two earlier than I would have tried to get him in. Everyone seems to forget about him, and he easily outproduces his ADP each year. I'm not sold on Burleson, and feel that Engram is an established part of that offense and knows it well. He will easily outproduce what you got him at... :thumbup:
Thanks, I did prefer Troupe but had Engram penciled in for the next round. So, rather than risk it or rack my brain, I just went with it. I think it was Shick who pointed out they treated him like an old vet in the last game. A couple snaps and to the bench. While others were frothing over Burleson's targets, I thought that was a major effort to get him on the same page as Hass. I posted some info in that thread about the QBs sitting around chatting about how amazing Engram has been. With DJax health an issue, I could have a steal. Burleson could be worth his contract (doubtful) and I could have wasted a pick. He is my favorite sleeper this year, especially early in the season while DJax gets back in the swing and Nate figures things out.

I messed up big time, I dont like my team at all, I need to miracolously fill the voids at TE, and QB.

Team Family Matters:

QB: Warner (9)

QB: Simms (4)

RB: Jackson (7)

RB: Dunn (5)

RB: Brown (7)

WR: Ward (4)

WR: Edwards (6)

WR: Taylor (6)

TE: LJ Smith (9)

I have conflicts with byes at week 6 and 7 but I think they can be overcome through depth. More WR's will help and hopefully I can grab anothe RB for some scoring later as well.

At QB I really like Warner. If healthy he could produce top 5 numbers. Simms may be inconsistent but I think he makes a solid #2.

At RB I fell fortunate to have 3 starters. So I should put up decent numbers most weeks.

WR is weaker than I like but you can always some guys to play whereas RB's are a little more difficult to come up with later in the draft.

TE is another one I'm happy with. Once Gates, Heap, Shockey and Gonzo were gone then I went to my sleeper option with LJ. Last year he was tracking top 3 until McNabb was injured. I expect he'll do similar if they both stay healthy. In fact the Stallworth addition means he'll get more looks so I'm good with that.

So overall a team that will be competitive but nothing to get too excited about. If I can get by weeks 6 & 7 I should be ok until week 12/13 perhaps. After that it's good fortune and a healthy group to contend.

I messed up big time, I dont like my team at all, I need to miracolously fill the voids at TE, and QB.

I would not be comfortable with Brunell as my QB. He might make the 16 game schedule but he won't be consistent. Some 150 yard and 0 TD weeks are going to happen I'm afraid. As for Miller, he might surprise this year as Pitt leans on the pass a little more than the last 2 years and he could benefit in the redzone.

I was suprised more peeps on the other end didnt grab qb 2 last round

I think bass had the right idea

worked for me :bowtie:

Team Family Matters:QB: Warner (9)QB: Simms (4)RB: Jackson (7)RB: Dunn (5)RB: Brown (7)WR: Ward (4)WR: Edwards (6)WR: Taylor (6)TE: LJ Smith (9)

Looks pretty good.

Jeff Pasquino Morency, Vernand HOU RB Wed Aug 30 9:45:20 p.m. CT 2006

:rant::hot:

Went RB 3 here, and a good non-conflicting bye week.

QB: Culpepper (8), McNair (7) (I think this might be one of the best pairs, if not THE best, in TLSL)

RB: Portis (8), Gore (7), Morency (5)

WR: Boldin (9), Rod Smith (4), Keyshawn (9)

TE: Crumpler (5)

I think Morency will get more playing time, overall, than Lundy. Either way I think he significantly contributes and is a solid 3rd option, especially in Round 9.

QB: Culpepper (8), McNair (7) (I think this might be one of the best pairs, if not THE best, in TLSL)

And I would agree with you....

I do like my Bledsoe/Brees combo, but I waited a tad bit longer to get mine. The ones I was targeting were taken shortly before me (mainly Delhomme, McNair, and Green). Ahh well...

So glad I waited another round for RB3 - virtually nothing went (1 RB - MTurner) between picks.

QB2 run was imminent, so in retrospect was a rather easy call.

Guys-I have Bass instructions for his pick but he wants me to wait until about 11 to make the pick. He thinks he can get back by then. Actually I'm hoping he does because the options he gave are not ideal IMO. So I'll wait until 11 and then go with it.

Just wondering about this survivor stuff. I've never had much interest in survivors. For the last three years, I've done dozens in June and July (over at xperts), but I don't follow them during the season. I'm just practice drafting, studying APDs, bored, looking for patterns, etc. Those survivors are mocks to me, and most of the better drafts there are treated with redraft team building in mind as much as survivor strategy.

Clearly the allure is not having to manage teams but having some extra teams. Here it seems more serious. I haven't paid attention in the past, but I see people listing their survivor rosters in their sigs. I see people boasting about survivor championships. As much luck is involved in other forms of FF, this really takes the cake, no? I mean no lineups, injuries devastate, bad weeks eliminate, etc.

Just rambling, but curious the discuss this funny form of FF.

Since you can't make any changes, it's all about strategy. Sure, there's luck just like any other fantasy league, but that's part of the stragey. Take guys that will play vs guys that score more but could get hurt. The week T.O. has a hangnail and doesn't play could be the week you are bounced. Can having more at a position get you better scoring than a team with fewer guys that are generally acknowledged as better? The options are limitless and you are really banking on seasonal performance while avoiding bye week disasters.

The best ball scoring does make it easier in that the guy that goes for 200 yards and 3 TD will score for you and you might have had him on your bench in a "regular" league.

The only thing I've learned over the years is that the best team at the start of the season NEVER wins. And I do mean never. You DON'T want to be the guy that looks like the surefire favorite, because that team won't win. It's normally a middle of the pack team that is under the radar that gets better production from a slew of players that stay healthy for most of the year.

Since you can't make any changes, it's all about strategy. Sure, there's luck just like any other fantasy league, but that's part of the stragey. Take guys that will play vs guys that score more but could get hurt. The week T.O. has a hangnail and doesn't play could be the week you are bounced. Can having more at a position get you better scoring than a team with fewer guys that are generally acknowledged as better? The options are limitless and you are really banking on seasonal performance while avoiding bye week disasters.The best ball scoring does make it easier in that the guy that goes for 200 yards and 3 TD will score for you and you might have had him on your bench in a "regular" league.The only thing I've learned over the years is that the best team at the start of the season NEVER wins. And I do mean never. You DON'T want to be the guy that looks like the surefire favorite, because that team won't win. It's normally a middle of the pack team that is under the radar that gets better production from a slew of players that stay healthy for most of the year.

BTW-your team looks great! :thumbup:

Since you can't make any changes, it's all about strategy. Sure, there's luck just like any other fantasy league, but that's part of the stragey. Take guys that will play vs guys that score more but could get hurt. The week T.O. has a hangnail and doesn't play could be the week you are bounced. Can having more at a position get you better scoring than a team with fewer guys that are generally acknowledged as better? The options are limitless and you are really banking on seasonal performance while avoiding bye week disasters.The best ball scoring does make it easier in that the guy that goes for 200 yards and 3 TD will score for you and you might have had him on your bench in a "regular" league.The only thing I've learned over the years is that the best team at the start of the season NEVER wins. And I do mean never. You DON'T want to be the guy that looks like the surefire favorite, because that team won't win. It's normally a middle of the pack team that is under the radar that gets better production from a slew of players that stay healthy for most of the year.

:lmao::lmao:

A surefire favorite if you ask me.

Just wondering about this survivor stuff. I've never had much interest in survivors. For the last three years, I've done dozens in June and July (over at xperts), but I don't follow them during the season. I'm just practice drafting, studying APDs, bored, looking for patterns, etc. Those survivors are mocks to me, and most of the better drafts there are treated with redraft team building in mind as much as survivor strategy. Clearly the allure is not having to manage teams but having some extra teams. Here it seems more serious. I haven't paid attention in the past, but I see people listing their survivor rosters in their sigs. I see people boasting about survivor championships. As much luck is involved in other forms of FF, this really takes the cake, no? I mean no lineups, injuries devastate, bad weeks eliminate, etc. Just rambling, but curious the discuss this funny form of FF.

For me it's about the strategy and pitting my "projection" skills against the best FBGs has to offer. If you hang around here you'll notice that certain guys usually do better than most on a frequent basis. That wouldn't happen if luck was the primary driver.

Bass-I like the Chicago pick considering what you were thinking about. I wasn't liking the other option you had suggested to me considering what was there. Nice pick IMO.

Bass-I like the Chicago pick considering what you were thinking about. I wasn't liking the other option you had suggested to me considering what was there. Nice pick IMO.

Thanks...I surprised that the pre-drafts didn't last, radballs snaked the last guy on the list. I was shooting for double TEs, but that next tier got sucked dry. No since reaching on a guy that will be there in four rounds. Looking at my team, I didn't see any real help at WR. RB can wait as one back up is as good as the next. Pretty much left me looking at getting a strong defense. I'm usually not a proponent of defense early, but it was probably the best option as far as increasing my weekly scoring output.This draft has unfolded almost perfectly for me. In MBSL1 I was drafting towards the end also and absolutely hate my team as the runs between picks killed me.

10.11 155 gocats Collins, Kerry TEN QB Thu Aug 31 11:48:18 a.m. ET 2006 Oh my god Im screwed

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Sorry for the delay guys, that was a tough call for me.

Agree he is a tough call this year, but he has an innocuous bye week, some incredible hands, and isn't burdened in the #1 role which seemed beyond him. Santana could really open things up for Lloyd to do his best work. He was in my predraft, but not on top.

10.11 155 gocats Collins, Kerry TEN QB Thu Aug 31 11:48:18 a.m. ET 2006 Oh my god Im screwed

There's one in every league. :D

That wouldn't happen if luck was the primary driver.

I don't want to open this can of worms, but I disagree earnestly.

:bag:

:bag:
Too damn funny man, waayyy too funny. :lol:

I am the screamin funbags. I prepicked both my next picks. If for some reason, it doesnt work, PLEASE call me

NUMBER

I will be at the water park with my kids. There last weekend before school. I was hoping Kevin would make this pick before i had to scoot, but guess not.

I would much appreciate it.

That wouldn't happen if luck was the primary driver.

I don't want to open this can of worms, but I disagree earnestly.
I'm not a big believer in "luck" playing a big role in FF. But some leagues are more inclined to good fortune than others. These survivor league tend to be like that. First off I think you are likely a repeat finalist because you know how to play. But you need some luck to survive 16 teams with no free agent pick ups, especially when drafts are held before team's final cuts. So I do feel luck plays a role because of injuries things like contract disputes that can change outcomes. Let alone silly stuff like resting players week 16-17 because the playoffs are locked. It plays a factor.But to Bass's point, you won't be in a final unless you draft well. You have to have a good draft to be in a position to win these most of the time. History proves that.

I am the screamin funbags. I prepicked both my next picks. If for some reason, it doesnt work, PLEASE call meNUMBERI will be at the water park with my kids. There last weekend before school. I was hoping Kevin would make this pick before i had to scoot, but guess not.I would much appreciate it.

I took out your phone number - not a good idea.I'm drafting (again) tonight, so I can't cover you, but I PM'ed it to Family Matters. He can cover for you (or forward it).

I am the screamin funbags. I prepicked both my next picks. If for some reason, it doesnt work, PLEASE call meNUMBERI will be at the water park with my kids. There last weekend before school. I was hoping Kevin would make this pick before i had to scoot, but guess not.I would much appreciate it.

I took out your phone number - not a good idea.I'm drafting (again) tonight, so I can't cover you, but I PM'ed it to Family Matters. He can cover for you (or forward it).
Thanks for doing that Jeff. I have his PM also so he's covered.

thanks Jeff, just came back to pull it. Family matters has me covered. Off to have "fun"

:)

Went RB 3 here, and a good non-conflicting bye week.

RB: Portis (8), Gore (7), Morency (5)

WR: Boldin (9), Rod Smith (4), Keyshawn (9)

TE: Crumpler (5)

I think Morency will get more playing time, overall, than Lundy. Either way I think he significantly contributes and is a solid 3rd option, especially in Round 9.

I tend to think like you about Morency except I'm not sure Kubiak doesn't feel Lundy is "his boy" and will play him more because he drafted him. Some coaches are like that.

I like your team. You're strong at all positions. Right now I'd say your a frront runner. Problem is, as David pointed out, you likely won't finish. Something wierd will happen. My guess is Vick quits the team and Schaub tries something new in Atlanta and actually throws the ball downfiled to his WR's leaving Crumpler to pass protect. Could be Portis and Gibbs start arguing over who's smarter, Portis for attempting a dumb tackle in a meaningless preseason game, or Gibbs for making Brunell the starter that set Portis up for that injury. I'm guessing Gibbs will prove to be smarter and start Betts. But who knows. It's all luck anyway, right? :D

Team Family Matters:QB: Warner (9)QB: Simms (4)RB: Jackson (7)RB: Dunn (5)RB: Brown (7)WR: Ward (4)WR: Edwards (6)WR: Taylor (6)WR: Porter (3)TE: LJ Smith (9)

I have conflicts with byes at week 6 and 7 but I think they can be overcome through depth. More WR's will help and hopefully I can grab anothe RB for some scoring later as well.At QB I really like Warner. If healthy he could produce top 5 numbers. Simms may be inconsistent but I think he makes a solid #2.At RB I fell fortunate to have 3 starters. So I should put up decent numbers most weeks.WR is weaker than I like but you can always some guys to play whereas RB's are a little more difficult to come up with later in the draft. Adding Porter will prove to be a great 10th round value as he will play in spite of his strained relationship.TE is another one I'm happy with. Once Gates, Heap, Shockey and Gonzo were gone then I went to my sleeper option with LJ. Last year he was tracking top 3 until McNabb was injured. I expect he'll do similar if they both stay healthy. In fact the Stallworth addition means he'll get more looks so I'm good with that.So overall a team that will be competitive but nothing to get too excited about. If I can get by weeks 6 & 7 I should be ok until week 12/13 perhaps. After that it's good fortune and a healthy group to contend.

Problem is, as David pointed out, you likely won't finish. Something wierd will happen. It's all luck anyway, right? :D

Mostly luck at this level. Not all luck. ;)

My team will compete if Droughns gets suspended or hurt and Barlow really does suck. :bag:

It's nice to have a reason to cheer for Jerome Harrison. I sure pimped him enough in the run up to the draft. I'm not too surprised he's ahead of Green and Suggs, but I am surprised he's been doing well in the passing game. I don't consider him near the receiver as Drew or Norwood or Calhoun, but hopefully he gets me some PPR love until taking over for Droughns on his way to double digit TDs and ROY honors.

sigh...

Well yesterday was fishing and boating...tomorrow is goose hunting and a live draft. Will pre-draft a pile of selections and leave back-up instructions with FM. Saturday is the dove opener. Monday will involve slaying whatever is left in the air and then turn into a huge party and cookout. Something tells me my team is going to suck. Well now you you why I like the draft and go leagues. :banned:

Im gonna be gone all day tomorrow I dont think well get through more than a couple of rounds, I preranked for them, so Im gonna pm FM and tell him what I want.

Pre-selected a few rounds. I'll check back tonight.

We should be able to knock this out in 1-2 days if we preselect at this point. The holiday weekend will be a problem..... but given our current pace I'd say we could (not suggesting, just saying) turn the clock off for the whole weekend and still finish if we picked back up on Tuesday.

Nice job getting to Round 12/13 already. That's great.

Well yesterday was fishing and boating...tomorrow is goose hunting and a live draft. Will pre-draft a pile of selections and leave back-up instructions with FM. Saturday is the dove opener. Monday will involve slaying whatever is left in the air and then turn into a huge party and cookout. Something tells me my team is going to suck. Well now you you why I like the draft and go leagues. :banned:

I forwarded your PM to Jeff as I am out of town most of the day. Good luck hunting.

Im gonna be gone all day tomorrow I dont think well get through more than a couple of rounds, I preranked for them, so Im gonna pm FM and tell him what I want.

Forwarded to Jeff as I am out of town today.

Pre-selected a few rounds. I'll check back tonight.We should be able to knock this out in 1-2 days if we preselect at this point. The holiday weekend will be a problem..... but given our current pace I'd say we could (not suggesting, just saying) turn the clock off for the whole weekend and still finish if we picked back up on Tuesday.Nice job getting to Round 12/13 already. That's great.

The clock will turn off for the holiday weekend. In fact I will turn it off when I get back this evening around 5 or so. I was planning to do this anyway because I knew it would be a problem.Anyway, now that I see you're gone I realize there is noone to forward the PM's to so turning it off is really a good idea. Consider the clock at 5PM today and back on at 8AM Tuesday. We can knock this out in 2 days for sure. There's only 7 rounds left so we should be good.Even though the clock is off, please predraft as much as possible. If we can knock off a couple of rounds this weekend and have only 4 rounds remaining by Tuesday then we should be fine.

Pre-selected a few rounds. I'll check back tonight.We should be able to knock this out in 1-2 days if we preselect at this point. The holiday weekend will be a problem..... but given our current pace I'd say we could (not suggesting, just saying) turn the clock off for the whole weekend and still finish if we picked back up on Tuesday.Nice job getting to Round 12/13 already. That's great.

The clock will turn off for the holiday weekend. In fact I will turn it off when I get back this evening around 5 or so. I was planning to do this anyway because I knew it would be a problem.Anyway, now that I see you're gone I realize there is noone to forward the PM's to so turning it off is really a good idea. Consider the clock at 5PM today and back on at 8AM Tuesday. We can knock this out in 2 days for sure. There's only 7 rounds left so we should be good.Even though the clock is off, please predraft as much as possible. If we can knock off a couple of rounds this weekend and have only 4 rounds remaining by Tuesday then we should be fine.
:goodposting: I was just about to say this. Knocking out 1-2 rounds this weekends and finishing Tues/Wed should be a cakewalk (what is that anyway? What is a cakewalk? ).