What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 Edition: Pick 5 (or more) NFL Teams that won't make playoffs (1 Viewer)

Corporation

Angry Bovine
It's that time of year again. Pick 5 NFL teams that will not make the playoffs. I'll add them to a google docs spreadsheet like last year. If you just quote a post without making your own picks I'm not adding them. And yes, I know many people say picking 5 is too easy, so were adding Worm's idea from last year:

The winner is the person/people with the highest number of non-playoff teams without getting one wrong.

My 2015 picks: Jags, Redskins, Bears, Raiders, Titans

2014 Results

2014 Update - Which 5 do you have not making the playoffs this year? I'll add them to a google docs spreadsheet like last year. If you just quote a post without making your own picks I'm not adding them. If you pick more than 5, I'm just listing the first 5.

The most likely team to miss the playoffs according to FBGs? The Oakland Raiders, named on 46 out of 65 entries. The rest of the FBG composite pick was Jax (42), Cleveland (36), Buffalo (36), and St. Louis (31). Bicycle Sniffer, Deranged Hermit, and Angry Beavers had this exact fivesome.

Picks and Results

The percentage of FBGs getting it right increased from almost 40% in 2013 to 60% in 2014. Special award goes out to Raider Nation for picking 3 teams that made the playoffs.
2013 Results

2013 Picks linked here

2013 Results linked here

According to FBGs, the Jets are most likely to miss the 2013 playoffs, being selected on 50 of the 63 ballots. Close behind were the Raiders (49) and Jags (47). Rounding out the consensus 5 that will miss are the Cardinals (27) and Bills (26). Foosball God, shadyridr, WampusCat43, avoiding injuries, and MAC_32 picked this combination.

Only 3 teams not named and therefore certain locks: New England, Denver, and San Francisco (Edit: These were all correct)

If someone named more than 5 (which a few did), I used the first 5 listed. Also the vote total will increase by 1 as Dr Detroit listed Vags :lmao: and that could be the Jags but given he's a Lions fan could also be the Vikes.

Unique picks:

Captain Quinoa picked the Redskins and Falcons

Joe Summer picked Green Bay

McGarnicle picked Houston (and the Mets, but I gave him the Jets)

Niles Standish picked the Bengals and Giants

Gopher State picked Detroit, Seattle, and New Orleans

Final Result: 39.68% of the 63 selections would have won the bet (me not included). Ryan Succop cost a lot of people yesterday.

Original Post:

Somebody made a bet last year about picking 5 NFL teams that would all miss the playoffs. I thought it would be pretty easy, but sure enough Chicago bit me in the butt. I can't find that thread from last year, I'd be interested to see how many people won, it seems like the guy made several bets.

For this year, I'll go: Jets, 49ers, Texans, Raiders, and Titans.
Well the board conversion screwed up the 2006 table so I'll hide the ugliness

Corporation Jets 49ers Texans Raiders Titans Fast Eddie Jets 49ers Texans Raiders Packers Bills Maddogs Jets 49ers Texans Dolphins Cardinals Borat Jets 49ers Texans Bills Browns Man With No NameJets 49ers Saints Raiders Browns RoarinSonoran Chargers Lions Texans Saints Cardinals PizzaDeliveryGuyJets 49ers Texans Saints Browns Bills 12Many Jets 49ers Titans Raiders Bills 5Rings Jets Browns Titans Raiders Bills The Jerk Jets 49ers Saints Texans Titans Nugget Jets 49ers Chiefs Texans Titans All In Jets 49ers Packers Texans Titans Despyzer Raiders 49ers Saints Texans Titans Perry147 Jets 49ers Raiders Texans Bills JetsWillWin Jets Browns Raiders Bills Saints ThisGuy Raiders 49ers Packers Bills Titans Texans Rams Browns SaintsAlias Jets 49ers Packers Texans Bills Brock MiddlebrookJets 49ers Packers Saints Titans Lions Djcolts Jets 49ers Browns Texans Titans Bills Trogg78 Steelers Panthers Jaguars Redskins Giants Tecumseh Jets 49ers Lions Texans Titans s_ezy Browns 49ers Raiders Texans Bills Bro1ncos Jets 49ers Browns Texans Titans Yankee23Fan Jets 49ers Eagles Texans Bills Slinger Cowboys Vikings Jaguars Bills Raiders Pygmy Jets 49ers Saints Packers Browns Culdeus Jets 49ers Eagles Texans Bills WampusCat43 Browns 49ers Raiders Texans Bills Darth Cheney Cowboys Chargers Rams Vikings Ravens Rude Dude Jets 49ers Raiders Bills Titans ChampBailey24 Jets 49ers Raiders Packers Titans LSUTiger Saints 49ers Texans Packers Browns Bailiver Jets 49ers Raiders Texans Bills Dickey Moe Jets Bills Saints Texans Raiders Sweeper Redskins Ravens Packers Bills Jaguars The Gator Jets 49ers Raiders Lions Browns Hov34 Jets 49ers Raiders Bills Packers Eviloutsider Jets Lions Browns Texans Bills Valhallan Chiefs Lions Raiders Bills Saints RKMoney Lions 49ers Packers Texans Saints Fair Warning Saints 49ers Packers Texans Vikings MU Seminole Jets 49ers Raiders Bills Saints OC Zed Jets 49ers Texans Raiders Packers Bills Team Odds 49ers 34 43 79.07% Jets 30 43 69.77% Texans 27 43 62.79% Bills 24 43 55.81% Raiders 21 43 48.84% Saints 15 43 34.88% Titans 14 43 32.56% Browns 14 43 32.56% Packers 13 43 30.23% Lions 7 43 16.28% Jaguars 3 43 6.98% Vikings 3 43 6.98% Cardinals 2 43 4.65% Chargers 2 43 4.65% Chiefs 2 43 4.65% Rams 2 43 4.65% Redskins 2 43 4.65% Eagles 2 43 4.65% Cowboys 2 43 4.65% Ravens 2 43 4.65%Dolphins 1 43 2.33%Steelers 1 43 2.33%Panthers 1 43 2.33%Giants 1 43 2.33%

Last edited by a moderator:
jets..cleve..tenn..gb..no

det..oak..buff..hous..SF

of these ten who i pick for sure not to make the playoffs i would take these five if i had to pick betwen them

Jets..GB..Hous..SF..Tenn

This year is easier than most IMO.

49ers, Bills, Raiders, Packers, Titans, Texans, Rams, Saints, Browns.

You can probably add the Jets, Chiefs and Eagles to the list, too.

HOU (never), BUF ('99), SFO ('02), GBP ('04), NYJ ('04)

Last edited by a moderator:
NFC:

I'm going to assume that it is reasonably possible for any team in the NFC East and NFC North to make the playoffs (yes, even the Lions and Packers), because I think that is true. I think the only two teams in the NFC that can be in this category are the Niners (too young, not enough developed talent) and the Saints (tough division). And, I wouldn't bet any signficant money that the Saints definitely won't make the playoffs.

Teams that can't make the playoffs in the NFC - 49ers. That's it.

AFC:

AFC West - the Raiders are probably the only team that could be in this category - but having a more disciplined coach may help this team.

AFC North - 3 tough teams and a rebuilding team. The Browns probably aren't ready yet - if they were in another division, they'd be a playoff contender.

AFC South - If the division crown goes to the Titans or Texans it would shock the entire NFL nation. It isn't going to happen this season. Titans and Texans are definite candidates.

AFC East - NE is still king, Miami is good. I don't see how the Bills or Jets will this division or gets a WC.

Teams that can't make the playoffs in the AFC - Titans, Texans, Jets, Browns, Bills.

So, I have 6 teams.

steelers

panthers

jaguars

redskins

giants

I'll give you 5 playoff teams last year that wont make the playoffs this year. BOOYA!

Where can I make this bet and what does it pay? I'd probably throw $20 bucks on the above as long as it's decent odds.

Users who are viewing this thread