What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread: Bucs vs. Eagles (1 Viewer)

gorf

Footballguy
Ok, I'll start. Both teams sputter on offense on their first series. TB gets lucky as a Jurevicius fumble is ruled an incompletion.

ok, now who gets the rock on first and goal?edit for those not watching the game: pass interference in the end zone against TB. 1st and goal - eagles

Last edited by a moderator:
1st down - Staley in - incomplete pass intended for Smith (TE)2nd down - Staley still in - Staley up the middle to the 13rd down - incomplete pass4th down - fake FG - incomplete pass from Detmer to Smith

I can't believe they just passed on a field goal there--foolish play.The guy in my league who has Akers needs 2 FG's for a win or a FG and two XP's to get the tie.I think I heard his scream from 3 towns away. :D

Man...I've seen a lot of props for this Smith kid. Looks to me like he had two pretty easy chances to score, and dropped both.

Nice call fat boy. If you're going to go for it, have your best player on the field.Nice goal-line stand by the good guys.

Nice call fat boy. If you're going to go for it, have your best player on the field.Nice goal-line stand by the good guys.
McNabb would have looked a little conspicuous in on a FG.####### dropped the ball. It was a good call, well-designed play, just bad hands.Chumpson.

Interesting stat...Only twice last year did a team turn over the ball on downs after being first and goal on the one yard line....Hmmm....Seemed like the Bengals did it four or five times last year alone. :rant:

####### dropped the ball. It was a good call, well-designed play, just bad hands.
True - but it's too early for that stuff. Eagles are desperate! :P
I agree. That's why I don't think it's too early. Points are at a premium in this one, may as well try to catch them napping.

McNabb would have looked a little conspicuous in on a FG.####### dropped the ball. It was a good call, well-designed play, just bad hands.Chumpson.
Then don't run the fake. Put McInjury on the field.Or if it's so well-designed, don't toss it to the rookie TE.

Then don't run the fake. Put McInjury on the field.Or if it's so well-designed, don't toss it to the rookie TE.
That rookie TE has a job to do. Not Reid's fault he blew it. I think it was a gutsy call.Akers would have missed the kick anyway, he's no damn good.

they just showed a picture of mcnabb and simeon rice in high school - evidently they went to the same school. anyway, mcnabb was SKINNY. boy has put on some weight since then, that's for sure. made pinkston look downright fat.

That rookie TE has a job to do. Not Reid's fault he blew it. I think it was a gutsy call.Akers would have missed the kick anyway, he's no damn good.
yup i just cut chad lewis for LJ Smith in my yahoo league..no good TEs left

Do they count dropped passes in your league?? :confused:

I can't believe they just passed on a field goal there--foolish play.The guy in my league who has Akers needs 2 FG's for a win or a FG and two XP's to get the tie.I think I heard his scream from 3 towns away. :D
I'm up against Philly kicker and TB D.Keep faking it coach!!! :thumbup:

The Bucs are NOT defending these plays - the Eagles are simply not executing.
That's not totally true...good pass rush is is forcing McNabb to throw early.Secondary does look a little shaky though.

Yaaawwn. Fierce defense and all, but there isn't going to a single droplet of offense in this sucker. The bucket is bone dry. Int return for a td coming soon.

Do they count dropped passes in your league?? :confused:
if I could penalize for them I would add it...as it stands I take away 1/2 point from the QB for incompletes...they get 1/2 if it's cought...is an interception an incomplete too?? if not, then they, QBs only lose 2 for interceptions...

Yaaawwn. Fierce defense and all, but there isn't going to a single droplet of offense in this sucker. The bucket is bone dry. Int return for a td coming soon.
Offense is for cretins...enjoy two of the best defenses in the game.BLOCKED!!

:wall: :wall: ANDY, they are OVER pursuing.....RUN McNabb atleast once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall: :wall:

Question for y'all sharks....Is that seven yard punt considered a blocked punt?(If so, I officially earned at least a tie this week).NFL.com doesn't show it as a blocked punt.

Alstott stuffed at the GL. Is the C-Buck era already over in the 1st quarter? I thought it would take at least one game before Staley got his job back. Short stay in fat boy's doghouse...

From Crazy8s

ANDY, they are OVER pursuing.....RUN Mcnabb atleast once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Never mind....Madden said the same thing...most be a dumb idea!!!!!!! :no:

Users who are viewing this thread