What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Orioles GM Fired For Trying To Acquire Pitching Help... (1 Viewer)

Footballguy
LOL

BALTIMORE--Orioles GM Jim Duquette was fired today after defying owner Peter Angelos’s orders and attempting to acquire pitching help. According to Angelos, Duquette was “dangerously close” to acquiring talented young pitcher Ervin Santana from the Anaheim Angels in exchange for shortstop Miguel Tejada. Orioles executives are under strict orders to avoid quality young arms at any cost. “Jim was let go today because of insubordination,” Angelos said in a press release today. “Defying my personal orders, he entertained an offer that would have landed us one of the most sought-after young pitchers in the game. In fact, he fielded several offers that would have landed us pitching help in one form or the other. As I’ve stated before, pitchers are not cost effective because they can only start every fifth day, while hitters can play every day, so you get more bang for your buck.” President Mike Flanagan concurred with Angelos: “You know, I really can’t argue with what Peter said about pitchers and hitters. None of us can, or we’ll be fired.”

Sounds far too over the top to be real.

that said, there is a lot of truth in there.

Users who are viewing this thread