What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Wire (2 Viewers)

I thought the third episode was awesome. McNulty porking that chick on the car and flashing his badge was priceless.

This show is so damned good - I can't believe there are only 7 episodes left.

54 is pretty juicy. :goodposting:
Almost nailed it, but still... :sarcasm: Isn't it something how Omar can be on the screen for a total of 2 minutes and he practically steals the entire episode? Also like where the Clay Davis story is going. The one thing this show is good at is having the bad guys get their come-uppance. It'll be interesting to see who he tries to take down with him.

I have to admit that the storyline with Lester and McNulty is starting to drag, though. Not a good thing with only 6 episodes left to wrap it up.

watching butchie die...

i couldnt help but think back to Unforgiven

that look clint gives when he finds out that morgan freeman's character got killed by gene hackman's sheriff

Clay Davis has been dragged out IMO.

I think Bunk is going to hang McNulty out to dry. Someone will notice he suddenly wants no part in his friend and wonder what's up and start snooping. Landesman is smarter than he lets on, every now and then he shows it.

"Dead wood" comment was pretty sweet by the Homicide guy.

I never thought Butchie would be killed, his blindness I thought would always make him not be considerred a threat.

Missed Bubs this episode

Stoneys said:
Leeroy Jenkins said:
Episode 54 reminded me that this is the best show on TV
Episode 54 was very good. Still don't like the McNulty's Serial Killer angle. I just can't see where this is gonna go, unless he and Freamon uncover a real serial killer.
I dont really like it either to be honest, but I am willing to see where it takes us now that Lester is in on it too.

Stoneys said:
Leeroy Jenkins said:
Episode 54 was very good. Still don't like the McNulty's Serial Killer angle. I just can't see where this is gonna go, unless he and Freamon uncover a real serial killer.
I dont really like it either to be honest, but I am willing to see where it takes us now that Lester is in on it too.
I haven't heard a single fan of this show that likes the serial killer angle. Way too far-fetched for my liking.The Marlo/Omar/Prop Joe stuff has been great though. And I've found the stuff at the Sun pretty decent as well.

I like the McNulty destroying himself angle, but as soon as Lester got involved, the storyline should have ended. I predict things will end on this show by returning these two cops to the way they began - McNulty about to lose his job straight up and Lester back in the basement. A direct result of going outside the lines in the cop dept (think Bunny - get results, but lose your job).

Stoneys said:
Leeroy Jenkins said:
I don't like it either but I also was not a big fan of season 2 and the Longshoremen. Really the show is so well done that nothing is bad and it's the best and most realistic look at city politics, police work, and now media I could imagine but my true joy for the show has always been the characters from the hood. Avon, Stringer, Omar, Dee, Prop Joe, Marlo and the kids are what does it for me.BTW- Absolutely loved that line by Prop Joe about Marlo when he said, "it's hard civilizing that MF".

Spoilers tag used only for things in the OnDemand only episodes - OnDemand releases next week's episode when that week's episode airs on HBO, so some folks are a week ahead.

Otherwise, everything is being discussed. If you have saved up this entire season to watch, don't read the thread.

Stoneys said:
Leeroy Jenkins said:
My guess-McNulty is gonna go to jail and become a tragedy, tragic hero or whatever it's called

Ep 55 still isn't up for me on demand. When does it normally go up? The season premiere was up the Sat before, and I thought the next episode was up reasonably early (prior to the next episode) as well. The last couple have been late Sun night though.

I'm getting anxious to see this one dammit!

whoa for next week's preview, snoop and omar in a shootout. I called that a while back, I can't wait to hear the dialogue!

I just got caught up on season 4 thanks to internet streams, and I'm on the latest episode of season 5.

I think the reason why this series doesn't get the credit the tripe on Network TV is because anything the networks put out is far below the benchmark set by "The Wire". Season 4 is absolutely groundbreaking. I spent a whole day watching every episode, and it was like reading a great book. I just couldn't put it down. There is so much nuance to it, and it really shows why Hollywood is out of touch, and gutless.

I can see why they never get an Emmy nod. "Prison Break" got a nomination for Best Series.

Hollywood is done.

just got turned onto this show...

i was amazed that maybe more than any show i'd ever seen, it had intricate plot lines on multiple levels... backroom stories on police procedurals, politics, editorial desk of newspaper, gang & prison culture... only seen two episodes from this season, its like at least four shows in one, but manages to keep it together masterfully...

i have to catch up on prior seasons, & meanwhile, added to handful of series i have set to DVR (24, lost, heroes & BSG)...

Wow...i have chills.

Its getting real, real good.

cheez has to be on the way out-

slim charles...what will he do?

does anyone here like marlo like we cared about avon and stringer bell? or all we just waiting till marlo gets his?

Wow...i have chills.Its getting real, real good.cheez has to be on the way out-slim charles...what will he do?does anyone here like marlo like we cared about avon and stringer bell? or all we just waiting till marlo gets his?
I thought Marlo was an intriguing character when they first introduced him, but as every episode passed, I found him less and less so. Why he hasn't been capped already is beyond me, but now I'm just waiting for him to suck the barrel of Omar's shotgun.

I thought they got him last night, when Prop Joe said "My nephew?" and Marlo nodded, Joe then rubbed his face in disgust and said something like that he never was too bright.Or do you think that was Joe asking who gave him up?

I just got caught up on season 4 thanks to internet streams, and I'm on the latest episode of season 5. I think the reason why this series doesn't get the credit the tripe on Network TV is because anything the networks put out is far below the benchmark set by "The Wire". Season 4 is absolutely groundbreaking. I spent a whole day watching every episode, and it was like reading a great book. I just couldn't put it down. There is so much nuance to it, and it really shows why Hollywood is out of touch, and gutless. I can see why they never get an Emmy nod. "Prison Break" got a nomination for Best Series. Hollywood is done.
Yeah, Season 4 for me was like... WOW.

I thought they got him last night, when Prop Joe said "My nephew?" and Marlo nodded, Joe then rubbed his face in disgust and said something like that he never was too bright.Or do you think that was Joe asking who gave him up?
I thought he was asking Marlo if if he took Cheez out yet. But you bring up a good point. Hmmmmm.....not sure about that now.

I thought he was asking Marlo if if he took Cheez out yet. But you bring up a good point. Hmmmmm.....not sure about that now.
I think it was about giving him up. His specific words were "he's always been such a disappointment, but I treated you like a son".

"funny" that he went out offerring a proposition to disappear

Marlo learned where to get the dope and where to clean the money. Joe became useless.

Marlo's king til Omar comes calling at least.

"funny" that he went out offerring a proposition to disappearMarlo learned where to get the dope and where to clean the money. Joe became useless. Marlo's king til Omar comes calling at least.
I'm still hoping Avon has something up his sleeve.

I wanted to watch 55 this morning but didn't have time... guess it will have to wait until tonight. Anyone see it yet?

Wow...i have chills.Its getting real, real good.cheez has to be on the way out-slim charles...what will he do?does anyone here like marlo like we cared about avon and stringer bell? or all we just waiting till marlo gets his?
I thought Marlo was an intriguing character when they first introduced him, but as every episode passed, I found him less and less so. Why he hasn't been capped already is beyond me, but now I'm just waiting for him to suck the barrel of Omar's shotgun.
The way this series goes I wouldn't be surprised if Marlo gets Omar.

Wow...i have chills.

Its getting real, real good.

slim charles...what will he do?

does anyone here like marlo like we cared about avon and stringer bell? or all we just waiting till marlo gets his?
The way this series goes I wouldn't be surprised if Marlo gets Omar.
That would suck, but it would be consistent.

Of course Joe was asking if Cheese was the one who gave him up. Why do you think Snoop and Chris gave Hungry Man to Cheese all duct taped and practically with a bow on him? Then Chris says, "A present from Marlo. You get a gift...you give a gift." That's what he meant. Marlo gives him Hungry Man, he gets Prop Joe in return.

Of course Joe was asking if Cheese was the one who gave him up. Why do you think Snoop and Chris gave Hungry Man to Cheese all duct taped and practically with a bow on him? Then Chris says, "A present from Marlo. You get a gift...you give a gift." That's what he meant. Marlo gives him Hungry Man, he gets Prop Joe in return.
Ahhhh, that's right. I forgot about that scene and didn't remember who Hungry Man was at the time.

or all we just waiting till marlo gets his?
:goodposting: Only characters left I care about are McNutty, Lester, Bunk and Omar.Prop Joe: :lmao:I am now skipping weeks so I can see two at a time. Just saw this one and I'll watch 55 tonight. Only 5 more to go. Now Levin = :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
"funny" that he went out offerring a proposition to disappearMarlo learned where to get the dope and where to clean the money. Joe became useless. Marlo's king til Omar comes calling at least.
Avon gave Marlo the dope stream, not Joe. That was Avon's play. Joe showed him how to clean the cash and what lawyer to use - Joe was being a good commission member.

Marlo strikes me as a cross between Stringer and Avon - ruthless street thug, with a bit of a business man on the side.

I would say all in all a pretty good episode last night. Did anyone else see that guy from season 2 when McNulty and Freeman were scouting out the homeless guys. He was one of the port guys. "Johnny Fifty" I think was his nickname.

The more I watch and think about the show I am starting to think that even though McNulty might ultimately destroy himself and/or his career I think the tragedy is going to be Bubbles. Watching his character develop through the series has been amazing and I just have the sick feeling that now that he seems to be on the road to recovery he is setting up to go down hard.

I'm wondering if HBO is going to pull their patented move of "It's the last season of a popular show, so we're only going to show new episodes every other week". I noticed that there's no new episode on Video On Demand this week, so I wouldn't be surprised if they wait a full week for the new one to air next Sunday.

I'm wondering if HBO is going to pull their patented move of "It's the last season of a popular show, so we're only going to show new episodes every other week". I noticed that there's no new episode on Video On Demand this week, so I wouldn't be surprised if they wait a full week for the new one to air next Sunday.
i think it's because of the Super Bowl on Sunday.

i think it's because of the Super Bowl on Sunday.
Yup.Isn't number 55 on ViOD a new one? Does everyone else have to wait two weeks for that one?

Marc Levin said:
Avon gave Marlo the dope stream, not Joe. That was Avon's play. Joe showed him how to clean the cash and what lawyer to use - Joe was being a good commission member.
Precisely. That's why I hope Avon was using that to set up a larger move wherein the Barksdale crew takes back the streets.

The story line that they are using to indict Clay Davis is exactly what happened to the former police commissioner of Baltimore, Ed Norris. He plays a detective on the show.

This whole show seems to border on actual events that happened in the city while David Simon was here.

Users who are viewing this thread