What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Wire (1 Viewer)

pertty sure his name is Naymon (sp?). (turns out it's spelled Namond, per the HBO website) either way, the kid behind the plastic i thought was already killed earlier in the season. iirc, that was the first murder we saw Chris' character commit.

as for Marlo, it looked to me like he wanted to #### with the cops a bit. knowing that he has no open warrants.. had no drugs or guns on him. now he KNOWS that that courtyard is under surveillance and the cops know that he knows now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Marlow had a shipment coming in and wanted to throw the cops off his mule.

Might be the best episode of the show to date. Wonderful episode.

I absolutely LOVE the development this year - the kids angle is awesome. The politics angle has been awesome. The Omar v. Marlow storyline is awesome. Marlow hiding the bodies storyline is awesome.

I am really loving this season so far.

pertty sure his name is Naymon (sp?). (turns out it's spelled Namond, per the HBO website) either way, the kid behind the plastic i thought was already killed earlier in the season. iirc, that was the first murder we saw Chris' character commit.as for Marlo, it looked to me like he wanted to #### with the cops a bit. knowing that he has no open warrants.. had no drugs or guns on him. now he KNOWS that that courtyard is under surveillance and the cops know that he knows now.
I thought the first was Lex but you might be right.I agree about Marlo but they knew of the cameras. At the end of one of the episodes the guy was on his cell looking right at the camera hidden in the rocks.

I think Marlow had a shipment coming in and wanted to throw the cops off his mule.Might be the best episode of the show to date. Wonderful episode.I absolutely LOVE the development this year - the kids angle is awesome. The politics angle has been awesome. The Omar v. Marlow storyline is awesome. Marlow hiding the bodies storyline is awesome.I am really loving this season so far.
Yeah, I'm gonna hate when it's over.I was pumped when that guy walked in on Omar. Almost a let down he's a friend of a friend. I thought a fight was coming.Can't wait to see Omar go after that cop and Marlo when he gets out. I would lllllllove to see a Barksdale or Weebay meet while in jail but it seemed like he was at a sorta "booking" stop and not a prison.

If you'd like to finish off season 4 without waiting, all 13 episodes have been leaked. The major torrent sites have them.

I never understood why this show wasn't more popular around here. I've been withot cable for about 9 months and it's the only show I miss.

pertty sure his name is Naymon (sp?). (turns out it's spelled Namond, per the HBO website) either way, the kid behind the plastic i thought was already killed earlier in the season. iirc, that was the first murder we saw Chris' character commit.as for Marlo, it looked to me like he wanted to #### with the cops a bit. knowing that he has no open warrants.. had no drugs or guns on him. now he KNOWS that that courtyard is under surveillance and the cops know that he knows now.
I thought the first was Lex but you might be right.I agree about Marlo but they knew of the cameras. At the end of one of the episodes the guy was on his cell looking right at the camera hidden in the rocks.
iirc, they opened the first episode of this season with an execution. Lex wasn't until a little later. this should be easier to remember. :wall:

Can't wait to see Omar go after that cop and Marlo when he gets out.
Are you talking about the cop who took the ring he took off Marlo? If so, there's no way Omar goes after him. Right now the cops are truly the only people who can keep him alive. Plus, he never really was a target of the cops until this incident. What do they care if he kills some drug dealers?Plus, he's a businessman. The loss of that ring to the cop is just the cost of doing business. Assuming he gets out of this, why would he ruin the essential free rein he's been given in the past by going after a cop?

I never understood why this show wasn't more popular around here. I've been withot cable for about 9 months and it's the only show I miss.
It just doesn't inspire the same need to discuss that the Sopranos does because it has a straight forward, character driven storyline that doesn't rely upon symbolism or hidden messages.

Are you talking about the cop who took the ring he took off Marlo? If so, there's no way Omar goes after him. Right now the cops are truly the only people who can keep him alive. Plus, he never really was a target of the cops until this incident. What do they care if he kills some drug dealers?
they sure cared in that police briefing
Plus, he's a businessman. The loss of that ring to the cop is just the cost of doing business. Assuming he gets out of this, why would he ruin the essential free rein he's been given in the past by going after a cop?
you're probably right here

Are you talking about the cop who took the ring he took off Marlo? If so, there's no way Omar goes after him. Right now the cops are truly the only people who can keep him alive. Plus, he never really was a target of the cops until this incident. What do they care if he kills some drug dealers?
Right. But at that point he'd been ID'd as being the one who killed the delivery woman. Before that they had gladly used his information to go after the Barksdale crew, used him to get the cop's gun back and the DA who tried Bird had even given him a get out of jail free card.

Right. But at that point he'd been ID'd as being the one who killed the delivery woman. Before that they had gladly used his information to go after the Barksdale crew, used him to get the cop's gun back and the DA who tried Bird had even given him a get out of jail free card.
those were McNulty, Greggs, and the others not the beat cops in the briefing(well except for the family man toned down mcnulty). Eh well, gonna watch it again and see, maybe you're right

In preview it looks like Bubs takes a beating next week, I'm not gonna be liking that. We need to send Furley to Baltimore to watch Bubs' back

I think Marlow had a shipment coming in and wanted to throw the cops off his mule.Might be the best episode of the show to date. Wonderful episode.I absolutely LOVE the development this year - the kids angle is awesome. The politics angle has been awesome. The Omar v. Marlow storyline is awesome. Marlow hiding the bodies storyline is awesome.I am really loving this season so far.
Yeah, I'm gonna hate when it's over.I was pumped when that guy walked in on Omar. Almost a let down he's a friend of a friend. I thought a fight was coming.Can't wait to see Omar go after that cop and Marlo when he gets out. I would lllllllove to see a Barksdale or Weebay meet while in jail but it seemed like he was at a sorta "booking" stop and not a prison.
Hard one to figger, but I am WAY more glad Omar has friends than that he was there alone - standing alone he was screwed.No gay Omar in jail jokes, huh?I don't see Omar getting the cop back - part of the game of getting arrested for murder. I "do," however, see this stirring McNulty's pot as a detective.

Naymon = WeeBay's kid. Now working a package for Bodie. Goldigger mama. Part of the "special" program at school for those "bad" kidsLex = guy who killed one of Marlow's crew, was part of Bodie's crew, is now dead behind a door.Guy behind plastic who was crying we don't know and he doesn't matter - was jus6t some scrub who owed Marlow money.

iirc, they opened the first episode of this season with an execution.
They did - see above - it was a nobody we don't care about - he was only intriduced to show how Marlow's been hiding the bodies. We never actually SEE lex get killed, but we know it happened b/c that kid who was selling candy had to send Lex down the street.

Is the body Randy and Daquan (sp) found that of the security guard Marlo had killed?

If so, I wonder if his badge is still sitting outside the place.

Is the body Randy and Daquan (sp) found that of the security guard Marlo had killed? If so, I wonder if his badge is still sitting outside the place.
IIRC, Dookie found a dead body before the murder of the security guard. I think the point is that there are a LOT of bodies behind those boarded up vacants.Don't forget, Bubs lives in one of those boarded up vacants, too - it's just got an in and out.

Marc Levin said:
I "do," however, see this stirring McNulty's pot as a detective.
good pointwatching season 1 now via Utorrent. Took forever(a night) to download but pretty thrilled about it. McNulty's squealed to the judge, Bubs' pal just got beat for using fake money, the unit's assembled for the first time...oh it's great. And who can forget Bunk's line "That'll teach you to give a F when it's not your turn to give a F"I had no clue how to use torrents so PM if anyone needs a headsup

I watched season 1 episode 10 and 11 last night. Griggs went under cover and got shot in the car. Two awesome episodes.

Got a Q-Which is the season primarily at the docks? #2 or #3?

Ziggy's mishaps aside, I prefer the inner city ones

I watched season 1 episode 10 and 11 last night. Griggs went under cover and got shot in the car. Two awesome episodes.Got a Q-Which is the season primarily at the docks? #2 or #3?Ziggy's mishaps aside, I prefer the inner city ones
Docks are in season 2. I enjoyed that one the most.

I watched season 1 episode 10 and 11 last night. Griggs went under cover and got shot in the car. Two awesome episodes.Got a Q-Which is the season primarily at the docks? #2 or #3?Ziggy's mishaps aside, I prefer the inner city ones
Docks are in season 2. I enjoyed that one the most.
really? Hmm cool then maybe I missed something Thanks

i watched season three with my buddy and his wife here in nyc. pretty good show. i have caught epi's here and there over the years but it was nice to follow a clear and complete narrative arc.

nobody watched last night?This is probably the best show in TV right now.
Omars phone books taped up was well thought out but did he have to stab him there....ouch!Poor Bubs....poor bubsI knew Gregs would solve that, I just knew it.I don't recall seeing McNulty in this one.Bunk's gonna be angry at either Carver or the guy who threw out the message. Daniels for commissioner? Seems far fetched (huge jump)but next week's preview has em' talking about things.Who pays Lester 800 or 300(not sure what I heard) for that stuff? geeshThe young girl with the thick bal'mar drawl cracks me up. Can't wait to see next week's show.If those two get arrested, that leaves Marlo pretty naked out there doesn't it?

Griggs was a little firey with Carcetti, kinda liked that.

McNulty drinking club soda, geesh is he a changed man or at least trying to be.

Bald white cop-I'm thinking Marlo's gonna take him out.

Colonel Daniels, I didn't even know police had a colonel.

The Bunk still doesn't know about that kid as a possible witness.

don't think Marlo is crazy/dumb enough to kill the meathead cop. he's just going to toy with him. if anything they kill Little Kevin. easier to nix the only witness than a cop.

all in all another great episode. man do i love this show.

"I'll give you a backrub you'll never forget."

Bunk is classic.

I've never rolled my eyes during this show. Pretty good indicator of something special.

Season five looks like they'll get the wire back on tap and take out Marlo. I have a feeling that the young kids we are following are going to be the ones to replace him. Probably the kid who protects his brother. It would be tough to watch him fall but the ending has to be bittersweet.

"I'll give you a backrub you'll never forget."Bunk is classic.
guy kills me. they nailed casting on that role.
Season five looks like they'll get the wire back on tap and take out Marlo. I have a feeling that the young kids we are following are going to be the ones to replace him. Probably the kid who protects his brother. It would be tough to watch him fall but the ending has to be bittersweet.
who's Marlo's brother?

who's Marlo's brother?
He's talking about Michael Lee, who protects his little brother from his crackwhore mom and likely childmolester dad.

who's Marlo's brother?
He's talking about Michael Lee, who protects his little brother from his crackwhore mom and likely childmolester dad.
I didn't know who Michael Lee was so-the good kid that walks with his little brother to school and feeds him when he gets home

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the show will end with Michael being designated "the target" of a wiretap operation.

In one of the HBO documentaries, Ed Burns talked about how it's interesting to see how one kid out of about every three 8th grade classes possesses the intelligence (in street smarts), determination, and charisma to become a "big" drug dealer in the city.

Since The Wire from the first season has kind of been concerned with the talent and resources that both sides in the drug war essentially "waste", I think it's the logical ending point to show the way society fails by putting a kid like Mike in a position where his abilities are best served by being a criminal.

wonder if that's the way it's going to go. it almost seems too obvious which makes me think that's NOT what will happen.

wonder if that's the way it's going to go. it almost seems too obvious which makes me think that's NOT what will happen.
Maybe. I'm not sure surprise is a big theme of the show. Often, tragedy is. And in classical tragedy, it's all about how impossible it is to change things once they're set in motion. I don't think there was a lot of question about what would happen to Wallace, D'Angelo, or Stringer Bell. Those stories were all about watching those guys get caught in webs they had no way out of.

Maybe. I'm not sure surprise is a big theme of the show. Often, tragedy is. And in classical tragedy, it's all about how impossible it is to change things once they're set in motion. I don't think there was a lot of question about what would happen to Wallace, D'Angelo, or Stringer Bell. Those stories were all about watching those guys get caught in webs they had no way out of.
### #### this is a great ####in show.

What episode are they on? I got all of the shows and spent all weekend watching the entire season.

This was a great season for a very good show. I tried to figure out why I liked this season so much better than the others. I think it's less of the McNulty character. That whole 'cop who bucks the rules" that i've seen in every other cop/crime drama. Dialing him down a whole lot and playing up the politic stuff (government, police and drug gang) was brilliant to me.

Users who are viewing this thread