What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Putting video from YOUTUBE on CBS Sportsline site (1 Viewer)

has anyone been able to get this to work in the League Manager Note section for ESPN leagues or ESPN league message boards?

For RTSports:

1) Go to "Team"->"Preference" and choose "Use Plain Text Editor"

2) Select their video from YouTube.com and copy the "embed" text.

2) Post it into the league message board.

is there a way to grab other videos.. not just youtube.. if i have a file and i post it on my website and when i goto the site it plays the video how do i get my website video to play on the fantasy site?

I just started using this on my site RT Sports. My team name is The World's Greatest so after I defeated my week #1 opponent I sent him a message on the message board saying " this is a lilltle something to remind you who of I am" Then I attached R Kelly's video entiled "The World's Greatest"

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone get this to work with Fanball? I am a bit incompetent.
I'm curious as well ...
I tried this as well, Fanball's postings automatically strip out characters that could be html. so all of the brackets like <object> get changed to [object] so it does not get posted as html. I am trying to find some replacement characters to get around this, but I am not sure if it will work or not.If anyone knows how to post in "plain text" to avoid this that would probably make it work.

is there a way to grab other videos.. not just youtube.. if i have a file and i post it on my website and when i goto the site it plays the video how do i get my website video to play on the fantasy site?
You can embed anything. Here's the code I used to embed something from DailySixer:<embed src="http://www.dailysixer.com/media/cheeracc.wmv" width=212 height=175 type="text/plain; charset=UTF-8"></embed>

The good thing about the YouTube videos is that they play upon clicking. Not all sites do that. If you had four videos on a page from Daily Sixer, they'd all play at the same time.

So have we established that the problems at the begining of this thread (lineups, live scoring) were the fault of CBS Sportsline and had nothing to do with the posting of these videos?

Oh, and:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K26FGtdS-HM
Well, I posted a youtube cip of Stallworth and a 5 paragraph story on my league and ti froze half the homepage on CBS. I cant access TOP STORY or League message Board. I have a email into CBS. I think Im going to lay off the video on CBS.

BTW, not sure if this was covered (too lazy to go through each post in this thread, sorry if it was already posted), but I notice a lot of people who post videos from youtube onto sites like myspace and now this will have the extra "object width="425" height = "350" text that shows up with the video. To get rid of this, just delete the first grouping in the embedded code.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Me3nZnxVI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Me3nZnxVI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Delete the bolded part and your video will be there and those extra couple of words/numbers won't show up anymore.

Had to bump this, still think it is best post of the year. love it. I am playing the Coyotes in a CBS league this week. Found a youtube video of a coyote getting shot. My team is locked and loaded. CLASSIC!

used this ....works great.

posted the video of a Blind Date parody about a geeky white dude dating a crack head named "Propecia" about a guy in the league that does not get laid....ever

bump for week 4.

i am a westy owner and embedded the infamous iverson video..practice? we talkin bout practice? referencing the fact that westy went off after not practicing

this thread by the way is hands down the post of the year..

Awesome tip.

We're in a total points league, and I was top point getter for week #3, thanks in no small part to Westbrook's performance. Posted the video of his 71 yard run with a big headline declaring my weekly victory, "Atomic Baums Stiff-Arm their way to Week 3 Victory!"

Can't wait to hear about it at work tomorrow.

This is classic. We had two owners bickering back and forth and getting a little heated, so one of the other owners posted this video like it was video of those two owners fighting. This video is awesome. :boxing: :doh: :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is classic. We had two owners bickering back and forth and getting a little heated, so one of the other owners posted this video like it was video of those two owners fighting. This video is awesome.

I can't wait to use this one. First good pissing match on the site gets it.

Users who are viewing this thread