What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 3 IDP Coaches Corner (1 Viewer)

With 6 points per sack, and a whopping 10 points per INT, I've still tried to stay focused on safeties that provided consistent tackles each week.

There are a few DB's that are available on the wire: G Earl, Otogwe, M Brown, Minter, T Holt, Dawkins, M Adams, and D Landry.
I can understand Brown being available considering his health, but he's making tackles, inching closer to the LoS with Manning at FS, and this scoring is sweet for him. I cannot understand Dawkins being available. I'd forget about Davis, add Dawkins and Brown, and probably start them both along with Rhodes most weeks.

Appreciate the feedback on my LB's... please have a look at my DB's.With 6 points per sack, and a whopping 10 points per INT, I've still tried to stay focused on safeties that provided consistent tackles each week.I love K Rhodes as an all-around threat, and felt pretty good about drafting Boulware where I did. However, I wasn't pleased with Boulware's one tackle effort against AZ last week (although he did get an INT).T Davis, CAR, is listed as a LB/DB in my Yahoo league, so that provides me some flexibility. Still, I've not stated him at either spot.There are a few DB's that are available on the wire: G Earl, Otogwe, M Brown, Minter, T Holt, Dawkins, M Adams, and D Landry. I need to start 2 DB each week, and can start a 3rd as a flex. Do I drop Boulware or a LB (D Smith?) to add one of the DB's on the wire I've listed?Thanks and cheers! :banned:
Your scoring system is pretty standard, especially if your offensive scoring is inflated a bit, so I think you've got the right philosophy.I think I'd cut bait on Thomas Davis. I like the guy, but I don't think his poor ceiling warrants a roster spot over Derek Smith at this point. Davis probably gets a small bump in value with the horrid linebacker situation in Carolina right now, but he's not going to have many opportunities to rush the passer until the Panthers get ahead of some people.I'm not a big Boulware fan. He's had plenty of time to show that his production would pick up. It never has and it won't be easy racking up tackles behind Tatupu and two backers that pursue off the backside well.Rhodes is fine, but I'd take a long look at adding Dawkins, Brown, and/or Adams. Adams is a bit risky should the Niners ever elect to go back to a 3-4 front a high percentage of the time but that's looking less and less likely. Both Brown and Dawkins are solid players in your system. Decent tackles guys with big play potential. Either would go fine with a pretty steady tackler in Rhodes.

I swear to Mike Singeltary I'm not reading CC's replies until after I post.

I hope I never end up in a league with that guy. We think too much alike.

Appreciate the feedback on my LB's... please have a look at my DB's.With 6 points per sack, and a whopping 10 points per INT, I've still tried to stay focused on safeties that provided consistent tackles each week.I love K Rhodes as an all-around threat, and felt pretty good about drafting Boulware where I did. However, I wasn't pleased with Boulware's one tackle effort against AZ last week (although he did get an INT).T Davis, CAR, is listed as a LB/DB in my Yahoo league, so that provides me some flexibility. Still, I've not stated him at either spot.There are a few DB's that are available on the wire: G Earl, Otogwe, M Brown, Minter, T Holt, Dawkins, M Adams, and D Landry. I need to start 2 DB each week, and can start a 3rd as a flex. Do I drop Boulware or a LB (D Smith?) to add one of the DB's on the wire I've listed?Thanks and cheers! :banned:
Your scoring system is pretty standard, especially if your offensive scoring is inflated a bit, so I think you've got the right philosophy.I think I'd cut bait on Thomas Davis. I like the guy, but I don't think his poor ceiling warrants a roster spot over Derek Smith at this point. Davis probably gets a small bump in value with the horrid linebacker situation in Carolina right now, but he's not going to have many opportunities to rush the passer until the Panthers get ahead of some people.I'm not a big Boulware fan. He's had plenty of time to show that his production would pick up. It never has and it won't be easy racking up tackles behind Tatupu and two backers that pursue off the backside well.Rhodes is fine, but I'd take a long look at adding Dawkins, Brown, and/or Adams. Adams is a bit risky should the Niners ever elect to go back to a 3-4 front a high percentage of the time but that's looking less and less likely. Both Brown and Dawkins are solid players in your system. Decent tackles guys with big play potential. Either would go fine with a pretty steady tackler in Rhodes.
Again, I appreciate the feedback. Jene, my D Smith is actually Daryl Smith, JAX -- does that impact your feedback at all?Thanks and cheers! :banned:

Again, I appreciate the feedback. Jene, my D Smith is actually Daryl Smith, JAX -- does that impact your feedback at all?Thanks and cheers! :banned:
Yeah, it means if it's a re-draft league, he could go too. You've got plenty of backers and Smith is way, way down the list of potential starters for you IMO (I think he's no better than sixth on your depth chart today). Might be time to think about packaging a couple of second tier linebackers for a low level tier one DB. But in reality I think those options are already on the wire for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear to Mike Singeltary I'm not reading CC's replies until after I post.

I hope I never end up in a league with that guy. We think too much alike.
Great minds think alike when posed with pretty straightforward questions... ;) Bad News, bro. We will be in a league together next year. You just don't about it yet. ;) ;)

Standard Scoring: 1pt per tackle/ .5 per assist/ 1pt per PD/ 2pt int/ 6pt per td/3 per sack

Which 2 LB's are the better pick up for a few weeks?

E. Henderson

A. Crowell

B. Simmons

M. Greenwood

E. Sims

Thank You!

Standard Scoring: 1pt per tackle/ .5 per assist/ 1pt per PD/ 2pt int/ 6pt per td/3 per sackWhich 2 LB's are the better pick up for a few weeks?E. HendersonA. CrowellB. SimmonsM. GreenwoodE. Sims Thank You!
I like Henderson, then Sims and Crowell. Simmons may outproduce them all, but it's still questionable whether he'll be the MLB after Week 5. The Vikings have pretty solid matchups through the bye weeks.

Standard Scoring: 1pt per tackle/ .5 per assist/ 1pt per PD/ 2pt int/ 6pt per td/3 per sackWhich 2 LB's are the better pick up for a few weeks?E. HendersonA. CrowellB. SimmonsM. GreenwoodE. Sims Thank You!
I like Henderson, then Sims and Crowell. Simmons may outproduce them all, but it's still questionable whether he'll be the MLB after Week 5. The Vikings have pretty solid matchups through the bye weeks.
Agreed. And I thought for sure you'd have Sims ahead of Henderson. We are on the same page too much. Have a great weekend everyone. I won't be around til late Saturday night... or maybe next week.

I'm in need of a DL, and I may be able to get a trade for Peppers if I give up Merriman; is it a good trade?

We start: 3DL/4LB/3DB

Losing Merriman puts me in a bye week issue, and I would like to trade for Lawson and Peppers maybe, but what else would be a good offer? Or just take the Peppers for Merriman and be happy?

My current defensive players are:

Bernard, Robert SEA

Kearse, Jevon PHI

Rice, Simeon TBB

Taylor, Jason MIA

Brooks, Derrick TBB

Foote, Larry PIT LB

Merriman, Shawne SDC

Ryans, DeMeco HOU LB

Tatupu, Lofa SEA

Tinoisamoa, Pisa STL LB

Gamble, Chris CAR

Henry, Anthony DAL

Rolle, Antrel ARI

Taylor, Ike PIT

Tillman, Charles CHI

And I have on my DTS:

Tapp, Darryl SEA

Pollack, David CIN

Huff, Michael OAK

His are:

Carter, Kevin MIA

Ellis, Greg DAL

Fisher, Bryce SEA

Freeney, Dwight IND

Peppers, Julius CAR

Barber, Shawn PHI

Colvin, Rosevelt NEP

Edwards, Donnie SDC

Leber, Ben MIN

Porter, Joey PIT

Vrabel, Mike NEP

Ware, Demarcus DAL

Bly, Dre' DET

Lucas, Ken CAR

McGee, Terrence BUF

Harrison, Rodney NEP

His DTS:

Lawson, Manny SFO

Cromartie, Antonio

Joseph, Johnathan

Smith, Anthony

I'm in need of a DL, and I may be able to get a trade for Peppers if I give up Merriman; is it a good trade? We start: 3DL/4LB/3DB Losing Merriman puts me in a bye week issue, and I would like to trade for Lawson and Peppers maybe, but what else would be a good offer? Or just take the Peppers for Merriman and be happy?
Going to need your scoring system to be certain, but you need the help at DL more than LB right now even though Tino is going to play through the recovery phase of a dislocated elbow and probably struggle a bit. Unless you're getting a big premium on sacks and this is a dynasty situation, I make the deal.

I'm in need of a DL, and I may be able to get a trade for Peppers if I give up Merriman; is it a good trade?

Losing Merriman puts me in a bye week issue, and I would like to trade for Lawson and Peppers maybe, but what else would be a good offer? Or just take the Peppers for Merriman and be happy?
Going to need your scoring system to be certain, but you need the help at DL more than LB right now even though Tino is going to play through the recovery phase of a dislocated elbow and probably struggle a bit. Unless you're getting a big premium on sacks and this is a dynasty situation, I make the deal.
Unsure how I forgot to mention it's a dynasty, but it is. Also, I was able to pick up Mike Patterson from the wire, do I still look like I need help- - or should I stay put?Scoring:

Tackle 1 2.00 (Tackle for loss add 1)

Assist 1 1.00 (Assist for loss add 1)

Sack 1 3.00

Fumble Recovery 1 2.00

Forced Fumble 1 2.00

Interception 1 2.00

Pass Defended 1 1.50

Defensive TDs 1 6.00

Blocked FG 1 3.00

Blocked Punt 1 2.00

Safety 1 2.00

Unsure how I forgot to mention it's a dynasty, but it is. Also, I was able to pick up Mike Patterson from the wire, do I still look like I need help- - or should I stay put?Scoring:

Sack 1 3.00

Fumble Recovery 1 2.00

Forced Fumble 1 2.00

Interception 1 2.00

Pass Defended 1 1.50

Defensive TDs 1 6.00

Blocked FG 1 3.00

Blocked Punt 1 2.00

Safety 1 2.00
I'd make the deal. I'd be surprised if Merriman was a top 50 linebacker last year in that system. His big game upside gives him some interesting value in a start four system, but unless I'm full of consistent options elsewhere, I'd rather have surer points. Not that Peppers provides that, but he's a big help at a position of need.Unless there's nothing available on the wire at backer and multiple decent options at defensive end, I think I make this deal.

Sack 1 3.00

Fumble Recovery 1 2.00

Forced Fumble 1 2.00

Interception 1 2.00

Pass Defended 1 1.50

Defensive TDs 1 6.00

Blocked FG 1 3.00

Blocked Punt 1 2.00

Safety 1 2.00
Given that scoring system, Merriman isn't really any good - if you can get a guy like Peppers for him, jump on it.

20-team x 25 player re-draft league

Start 2D, 4DB, 5DL/LB and up to 1 bench spot for a D player

Scoring:

Tackle Solo (1)

Tackle Assist (.5)

Sack (5)

Interception (4)

Fumble Force (3)

Fumble Recovery (3)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (2)

Pass Defended (1)

Block Kick (3)

I have:

D: Lawson, Sims

DB: McGee, Demps, Phillips, Harper

DL: Thornton, Shanle, Henderson, McCoy, Kerney (just picked up for Holdman)

Bench: Manuel

With it being bye week time, a lot of good defensive players are being dropped but I'm not sure which ones I should go after as long-term pickups and who I should drop them for.

Free Agents:

DB Pool

DB Clark

DB Kennedy

DB Baxter

DB Vasher

DL B. James

DL B. Berry

20-team x 25 player re-draft leagueStart 2D, 4DB, 5DL/LB and up to 1 bench spot for a D playerScoring: Tackle Solo (1)Tackle Assist (.5)Sack (5)Interception (4)Fumble Force (3)Fumble Recovery (3)Touchdown (6)Safety (2)Pass Defended (1)Block Kick (3)I have:D: Lawson, SimsDB: McGee, Demps, Phillips, HarperDL: Thornton, Shanle, Henderson, McCoy, Kerney (just picked up for Holdman)Bench: ManuelWith it being bye week time, a lot of good defensive players are being dropped but I'm not sure which ones I should go after as long-term pickups and who I should drop them for.Free Agents:DB PoolDB ClarkDB KennedyDB BaxterDB VasherDL B. JamesDL B. Berry
I think Bradie James and Bert Berry are upgrades on Thornton. I think Berry is due for a rebound soon and your scoring system favors sacks over tackles. He wasn't fully healthy in week one and faced Walter Jones last week. I don't know that I'd move any of your current DBs for those you've listed, although I probably would be looking Will Demps if the right player came along.

Loaded at LB...who do I sit today ???

Pierce, A. Davis, Briggs, Farrior, A. Thomas, Brackett, Ryans.

They all have been playing well and are playing teams that should run a lot.

Loaded at LB...who do I sit today ???Pierce, A. Davis, Briggs, Farrior, A. Thomas, Brackett, Ryans.They all have been playing well and are playing teams that should run a lot.
I'd play Pierce, Davis, Ryans, and probably Brackett. If you're in a tackle heavy league, it's probably safe to start Thomas over Brackett as he was upgraded to probable on Friday and should play today.

Sorry...I forgot to mention...I start 6.So which one of the 7 LB listed should I sit???
Heh...I thought that's what you meant but I've not seen a league where you can start six backers. Keep forgetting about the Yahoo leagues.Anyway, I think I'd sit Farrior before Briggs. But, as you said, all these guys are solid LB2 options so you'll probably be fine (or fussy) no matter what you do.Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread