What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 4 IDP Coaches Corner (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
In response to the ever-growing number of folks playing in IDP leagues and the lack of response advice requests get in the Assistant Coach Forum, we're opening a separate IDP advice thread here.

Questions seeking advice about starting lineup decisions, waiver pickups, and trades should go in this thread.

You'll get better responses if you include your league's scoring system and other pertinent information -- roster size, starter requirements, redraft/dynasty/keeper league, etc. You'll get more responses and we'll have better discussion if you "show your work" -- who you think you should start or pickup and why. Word of caution: IDP vets like to see that the newbies are willing to do their homework and apply what they've learned. You'll get more detailed responses from multiple sources if you aren't looking to be "spoon-fed" a decision. Many of those kinds of questions can be answered by Norton's weekly cheatsheets and rankings. This thread should be more give and take.

We'll turn this thread over every week to keep it from getting too difficult to use. Please search the thread briefly before posting a new question -- you may find that we've already discussed a situation similar to yours.

Finally, advice about many general IDP topics can be found in the pinned FAQ thread. If you don't find what you need there, post a new topic in the Forum.

who's better to pick up:

Rudd or Ayodele ?? (best LB left on the market)

1 pt tackle/pd

3 pts sack/ff/int

6 pts td

my LBs

L.Marshall

Trotter

Briggs

S.Phillips

L.Johnson

C.Emmons (i wanna drop him)

:confused:

who's better to pick up:Rudd or Ayodele ?? (best LB left on the market)1 pt tackle/pd3 pts sack/ff/int6 pts tdmy LBsL.MarshallTrotterBriggsS.PhillipsL.JohnsonC.Emmons (i wanna drop him) :confused:
Unless it's a dynasty league, it has to be Ayodele by default unless we hear that Ryan Nece will be out longer or replace long-term.

Jene Bramel said:
Young 8 said:
who's better to pick up:Rudd or Ayodele ?? (best LB left on the market)1 pt tackle/pd3 pts sack/ff/int6 pts tdmy LBsL.MarshallTrotterBriggsS.PhillipsL.JohnsonC.Emmons (i wanna drop him) :confused:
Unless it's a dynasty league, it has to be Ayodele by default unless we hear that Ryan Nece will be out longer or replace long-term.
Ayodele over Emmons?

Jene Bramel said:
Young 8 said:
Ayodele over Emmons?
Sure...if it's confirmed that Emmons pectoral injury is anywhere near as significant as the one he suffered in 2005 which cost him five games before being placed on IR. If it's a minor thing, there aren't any bye week issues to be concerned about, it's debatable, but I agree I'd probably hold Emmons.

i need some reinforcements for my DL and DBs.

any of these guys stand out to anyone? these are the top FAs in order:

Traylor, Keith MIA DT

Robbins, Fred NYG DT

Geathers, Robert CIN DE

Thornton, John CIN DT

Gregg, Kelly BAL DT

Clancy, Kendrick ARI DT

Smith, Aaron PIT DE

Robinson, Bryan CIN DE

Barber, Shawn PHI LB

Seau, Junior NEP LB

Hobson, Victor NYJ LB

Poppinga, Brady GBP LB

Moore, Brandon SFO LB

Gardner, Gilbert IND LB

Barrett, David NYJ CB

Dyson, Andre NYJ CB

Sanders, Lewis HOU CB

Manuel, Marquand GBP S

Brown, Fakhir STL CB

Townsend, Deshea PIT CB

they're listed seperately, but we don't seperate positions for starters (like CB+S).

thanks, and sorry about the thread i posted below. :wall:

Chaos Commish said:
hangover said:
No problem. About your question. Dynasty or redraft? Scoring system?
Ok my league starts 3 defensive linemen,4 lbs 2 corners and 2 safeties...1 point for total tackles,7 sack,5 ff,3 fr,15 int 25 td.. bonus points of 5 for 2 sacks, bonus points of 5 for 2 ints.... bonus points of 5 for 8 tackles...Derrik Burgess,Trent Cole,Terrell Suggs,Dewayne WhiteMerriman,Will Witherspoon,Julian Peterson,Gary Brackett,Morlon GreenwoodKerry Rhodes,Gibril Wilson,Sean JonesNate Clements,Antoine WinfieldOk guys on the waiver David Barret,Andre Dyson,Fakir Brown,Barrett Rudd,Thomas Davis,Kameron Wimbley,Dewayne White,Victor Hobson,David Thornton,Shaughn Philips...Ok I was going to trade Cooley in my league since I already have L.J smith for Aaron Shobel or Kernney.. Im being a bit worried over Suggs Hammy and I can use the defensive line help.... Also Barrett Rudd is intresting out there and David Barret or Andre Dyson are ou tthere and im losing my patience with Clements..... Shaughn Philips is also out there...

This weeks IDP conundrum. We only start 3 defensive players each week with the following scoring...1pt tackle 1/2pt assist. 4pts for ints, sacks, 3pts fumble, fumble recovery, 1pt pass defended.

My current D roster: Bullock, A. Davis, Odell Thurman(Soon to be dumped to the curb). Picked up Gibril wilson last week thanks to the advice in the week 3 IDP corner thread. But he is on a bye this week so who of the following is the best pick/matchup for week 4:

-C. Hope Favorable matchup against Dallas

-E. Sims - leaning towards this pickup for week 4 against the Rams...he should have a big day?

G. Brackett - I am hesitant to start an Indianapolis defensive player is that Indy tends to dominate the clock. Colts are playing the Jets so my guess is that this won't be a great matchup fpr Brackett...Colts will dominate the clock.

-A. Crowell vs. Vikes

-S. Fujita

-R. Harper

L. Bodden against Oakland - might be good for a few big plays.

R. Mathis- impressive #'s so far

W. Harris

L.Little - just been dropped might be injured

or one of the Houstin Db's who seem to rack up tackles against anyone

Three IDP's on the WW I'm eyeing:

Roman Harper (formerly of my team, dropped to pick up Mike Brown)

David Barrett

Landon Johnson

My DBs

Nate Clements (nothing os far)

Michael Boulware (consistent top 3 out of my DBs so far thsi year)

Brian Dawkins (same)

Gibril Wilson (same)

I'd also probably consider dropping an LB, such as Bruschi, Matt McCoy, or Napolean Harris, since none of them have done anything so far this year, and I'm nervous about Bruschi's long term prospects. Harris and McCoy I thought might be surprising this year, but they haven't been terribly effective.

But my LB core is solid... Donnie Edwards, Angelo Crowell, Ernie Sims, Derek M. Smith, and the aforementioned "expendables".

Ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
This weeks IDP conundrum. We only start 3 defensive players each week with the following scoring...1pt tackle 1/2pt assist. 4pts for ints, sacks, 3pts fumble, fumble recovery, 1pt pass defended.My current D roster: Bullock, A. Davis, Odell Thurman(Soon to be dumped to the curb). Picked up Gibril wilson last week thanks to the advice in the week 3 IDP corner thread. But he is on a bye this week so who of the following is the best pick/matchup for week 4:-C. Hope Favorable matchup against Dallas-E. Sims - leaning towards this pickup for week 4 against the Rams...he should have a big day?G. Brackett - I am hesitant to start an Indianapolis defensive player is that Indy tends to dominate the clock. Colts are playing the Jets so my guess is that this won't be a great matchup fpr Brackett...Colts will dominate the clock.-A. Crowell vs. Vikes-S. Fujita-R. HarperL. Bodden against Oakland - might be good for a few big plays.R. Mathis- impressive #'s so far W. Harris L.Little - just been dropped might be injuredor one of the Houstin Db's who seem to rack up tackles against anyone
Sims is good but Crowell has been nothing if not consistent and could put up some big plays against Brad Johnson & the Vikings, so I'd probably learn towards him, honestly.

This weeks IDP conundrum. We only start 3 defensive players each week with the following scoring...1pt tackle 1/2pt assist. 4pts for ints, sacks, 3pts fumble, fumble recovery, 1pt pass defended.My current D roster: Bullock, A. Davis, Odell Thurman(Soon to be dumped to the curb). Picked up Gibril wilson last week thanks to the advice in the week 3 IDP corner thread. But he is on a bye this week so who of the following is the best pick/matchup for week 4:-C. Hope Favorable matchup against Dallas-E. Sims - leaning towards this pickup for week 4 against the Rams...he should have a big day?G. Brackett - I am hesitant to start an Indianapolis defensive player is that Indy tends to dominate the clock. Colts are playing the Jets so my guess is that this won't be a great matchup fpr Brackett...Colts will dominate the clock.-A. Crowell vs. Vikes-S. Fujita-R. HarperL. Bodden against Oakland - might be good for a few big plays.R. Mathis- impressive #'s so far W. Harris L.Little - just been dropped might be injuredor one of the Houstin Db's who seem to rack up tackles against anyone
I'd go with Hope - narrowed it down to Hope, Sims, Brackett, or Crowell - I think Hope has the best shot of a big tackle game, although less shot of a big play. Crowell would be my second choice because Minnesota will run Chester Taylor into the ground, then Sims, who is still not hit his potential yet, and then Brackett, only because I see don't see the Jets handing off much vs. Indy - but Indy is not a "clock dominating" team right now - JAX almost had 40 mins of possession last week. Indy cant control the clock because they have little to no running game to speak of.

Three IDP's on the WW I'm eyeing:Roman Harper (formerly of my team, dropped to pick up Mike Brown)David BarrettLandon JohnsonMy DBsNate Clements (nothing os far)Michael Boulware (consistent top 3 out of my DBs so far thsi year)Brian Dawkins (same)Gibril Wilson (same)I'd also probably consider dropping an LB, such as Bruschi, Matt McCoy, or Napolean Harris, since none of them have done anything so far this year, and I'm nervous about Bruschi's long term prospects. Harris and McCoy I thought might be surprising this year, but they haven't been terribly effective.But my LB core is solid... Donnie Edwards, Angelo Crowell, Ernie Sims, Derek M. Smith, and the aforementioned "expendables". Ideas?
How many LBs do you start? I would definitely be looking at dropping McCoy for Landon Johnson (Thurman is out of the picture for now). I dont think you need Harper unless you start 3 DBs.

Ok I was going to trade Cooley in my league since I already have L.J smith for Aaron Shobel or Kernney.. Im being a bit worried over Suggs Hammy and I can use the defensive line help.... Also Barrett Rudd is intresting out there and David Barret or Andre Dyson are ou tthere and im losing my patience with Clements..... Shaughn Philips is also out there...
Thats not nearly enough value for Cooley - you should be able to get a more talented consistent DE for him.

hangover said:
i need some reinforcements for my DL and DBs.any of these guys stand out to anyone? these are the top FAs in order:Traylor, Keith MIA DT Robbins, Fred NYG DT Geathers, Robert CIN DE Thornton, John CIN DT Gregg, Kelly BAL DT Clancy, Kendrick ARI DT Smith, Aaron PIT DE Robinson, Bryan CIN DE Barber, Shawn PHI LB Seau, Junior NEP LB Hobson, Victor NYJ LB Poppinga, Brady GBP LB Moore, Brandon SFO LB Gardner, Gilbert IND LB Barrett, David NYJ CB Dyson, Andre NYJ CB Sanders, Lewis HOU CB Manuel, Marquand GBP S Brown, Fakhir STL CB Townsend, Deshea PIT CB they're listed seperately, but we don't seperate positions for starters (like CB+S).thanks, and sorry about the thread i posted below. :wall:
Slim pickins, but David Barret is a top scorer in my IDP league as well, and I'd be tempted to pick him up just because he seems to be consistent. I'll admit I'm pretty ignorant about the Jets, but doesn't he return kicks or punts?

I picked up A Winfield for week 4 because R Barber is on a bye. Is this a good pickup?

Also, I had to pick up A Davis last week for a bye problem as well. But Roman harper is still a FA. Which would be a better choice week 4 or long term? Others available:

Mi Patterson

D Brooks

T Suggs

Ju Smith

G Hayes

we start one DB, one DL and a flex D (which I always start a DL for)

scoring is 1pt for tackles, 1/2pt for assist tackles, 3pt for int, sack, forced fum, fum recovery, i think it's one pt for pass def.

I picked up A Winfield for week 4 because R Barber is on a bye. Is this a good pickup?Also, I had to pick up A Davis last week for a bye problem as well. But Roman harper is still a FA. Which would be a better choice week 4 or long term? Others available:Mi PattersonD BrooksT SuggsJu SmithG Hayeswe start one DB, one DL and a flex D (which I always start a DL for)scoring is 1pt for tackles, 1/2pt for assist tackles, 3pt for int, sack, forced fum, fum recovery, i think it's one pt for pass def.
1) yes i consider them basically equivalent players in IDP leagues.2) I prefer Andra Davis to Roman Harper with your Barber/Winfield combo covering DB.3) I think you want to pick up Derrick Brooks from those you listed.

In a redraft league from Week 4 onward which DL do you think will produce more?

Tamba Hali, Patrick Kerney or Aaron Schobel?

All three are available on the ww...1.5 per tackle, 3 per sack.

Thanks!

1) yes i consider them basically equivalent players in IDP leagues.

2) I prefer Andra Davis to Roman Harper with your Barber/Winfield combo covering DB.

3) I think you want to pick up Derrick Brooks from those you listed.

ok, just to clarify, because of our limited bench, I can only keep a total of 3 idps on my roster, so when I need to pick up because of a bye week I have to drop the other player (ie, Barber)

. I know, it stinks. I already lost Merriman because I wasn't able to re-add him quick enough after his bye week. Someone beat me to it. I'll have to be more diligent about Barber and Bulluck.

My other DL is K Bulluck.

So,are you saying I should drop Davis for Brooks?

Thanks! I'm new to IDP and learning.

In a redraft league from Week 4 onward which DL do you think will produce more?Tamba Hali, Patrick Kerney or Aaron Schobel?All three are available on the ww...1.5 per tackle, 3 per sack.Thanks!
Schobel's slow start is alarming, but I'd take him the rest of the way.

Tough call on determining starters in my IDP redraft league.

Can only choose two from each category:

D-Line:

Will Smith vs Carolina

K. Williams vs. Buffalo

James Hall vs. St Louis

I also have Andre Carter but I'm hoping to punt him for Geathers (vs. NE) or Kelsay(Vs. Stl.)

Will Smith is IN, I'd prefer Hall but facing Pace has me nervous. So I'm leaning towards Williams.

At D-Back:

Gibril is on bye

Madieu vs. NE

Roman Harper vs Carolina

Sean Jones vs. Oakland

If I decided today it'd be Harper and Madieu. I think the Cleveland secondary may have a pick or two courtesy of Andrew Walter but is it reasonable to expect Oakland's O to be on the field much? Am I giving Cleveland too much respect?

1) yes i consider them basically equivalent players in IDP leagues.2) I prefer Andra Davis to Roman Harper with your Barber/Winfield combo covering DB.3) I think you want to pick up Derrick Brooks from those you listed.
ok, just to clarify, because of our limited bench, I can only keep a total of 3 idps on my roster, so when I need to pick up because of a bye week I have to drop the other player (ie, Barber). I know, it stinks. I already lost Merriman because I wasn't able to re-add him quick enough after his bye week. Someone beat me to it. I'll have to be more diligent about Barber and Bulluck.My other DL is K Bulluck.So,are you saying I should drop Davis for Brooks?Thanks! I'm new to IDP and learning.
I don't think he was implying Derrick Brooks should replace Andra Davis, but that could be the case. He is saying Winfield = Barber, and I agree. I think I like Winfield a little better to be honest. Interesting set up you have. Start three, roster three, drop bye week players, tackle heavy scoring. Assuming 12 teams there should be tons of options and matchups to consider almost every week. Of course, if you can get Bulluck back you need to do that.

hangover said:
No problem. About your question. Dynasty or redraft? Scoring system?
Ok my league starts 3 defensive linemen,4 lbs 2 corners and 2 safeties...1 point for total tackles,7 sack,5 ff,3 fr,15 int 25 td.. bonus points of 5 for 2 sacks, bonus points of 5 for 2 ints.... bonus points of 5 for 8 tackles...Derrik Burgess,Trent Cole,Terrell Suggs,Dewayne WhiteMerriman,Will Witherspoon,Julian Peterson,Gary Brackett,Morlon GreenwoodKerry Rhodes,Gibril Wilson,Sean JonesNate Clements,Antoine WinfieldOk guys on the waiver David Barret,Andre Dyson,Fakir Brown,Barrett Rudd,Thomas Davis,Kameron Wimbley,Dewayne White,Victor Hobson,David Thornton,Shaughn Philips...Ok I was going to trade Cooley in my league since I already have L.J smith for Aaron Shobel or Kernney.. Im being a bit worried over Suggs Hammy and I can use the defensive line help.... Also Barrett Rudd is intresting out there and David Barret or Andre Dyson are ou tthere and im losing my patience with Clements..... Shaughn Philips is also out there...
In that scoring system, Shaun Phillips is probably a better play than Morlon Greenwood, even with Merriman rostered -- you're past the bye week issue now and both are excellent big play guys in the right matchup. I'd hold on your DBs for now, Clements should improve -- from what I've seen tackling is an issue for him right now but I haven't heard of an injury that should make that an on-going problem.Suggs sounds like he'll be good to go and (even if deeper leagues) dealing a position that's difficult to fill off waivers (TE) for one that usually is (DL) may not be the best move.

Will Smith is IN, I'd prefer Hall but facing Pace has me nervous. So I'm leaning towards Williams.If I decided today it'd be Harper and Madieu.
I think you got it right.
I am finding it harder and harder to start K Williams - 0 the first week - 10 pts (in one league) the second week and 1 assist the 3rd week. Someone please give me a reason for continuing to start K Williams??Oh by the way, I started him week 1 & 3 not week 2 :wall:

I'd take Sims just slightly over Hope. Either are probably fine.

Three IDP's on the WW I'm eyeing:Roman Harper (formerly of my team, dropped to pick up Mike Brown)David BarrettLandon JohnsonMy DBsNate Clements (nothing os far)Michael Boulware (consistent top 3 out of my DBs so far thsi year)Brian Dawkins (same)Gibril Wilson (same)I'd also probably consider dropping an LB, such as Bruschi, Matt McCoy, or Napolean Harris, since none of them have done anything so far this year, and I'm nervous about Bruschi's long term prospects. Harris and McCoy I thought might be surprising this year, but they haven't been terribly effective.But my LB core is solid... Donnie Edwards, Angelo Crowell, Ernie Sims, Derek M. Smith, and the aforementioned "expendables". Ideas?
I wouldn't move Nap Harris -- he's being put in a great position to make plays. As much as I like Clements to rebound some, I still usually lean toward the safety if he's solid for consistency's sake. I move Clements for Harper and dump McCoy for Landon Johnson. Brian Simmons is awful inconsistent so far. Looked great against Cleveland but out of position and out of the play way too often for my liking against Pittsburgh. He's also sitting for a couple series each game for Caleb Miller. Johnson will be the beneficiary on the backside -- like this week.

I picked up A Winfield for week 4 because R Barber is on a bye. Is this a good pickup?Also, I had to pick up A Davis last week for a bye problem as well. But Roman harper is still a FA. Which would be a better choice week 4 or long term? Others available:Mi PattersonD BrooksT SuggsJu SmithG Hayeswe start one DB, one DL and a flex D (which I always start a DL for)scoring is 1pt for tackles, 1/2pt for assist tackles, 3pt for int, sack, forced fum, fum recovery, i think it's one pt for pass def.
Winfield just barely lags behind Barber, so that's a fine pickup. You won't lose much even if you're unable to make the switch again next week. When it's close in tackle neutral scoring systems go with the linebacker. Davis and Brooks are just a hair ahead of Hayes. It's probably worth playing the best matchup each week in leagues where players like this are available. With Brooks this week, that looks like Hayes, although the Raiders are due for a rebound game so Davis could be busy with Lamont Jordan this week. I'd probably hold Davis.

In a redraft league from Week 4 onward which DL do you think will produce more?Tamba Hali, Patrick Kerney or Aaron Schobel?All three are available on the ww...1.5 per tackle, 3 per sack.Thanks!
I'd forget about Kerney altogether until Abraham proves he's fully healthy, which is to say, 2007.I think I can still explain away much of Schobel's poor production this year, but the rotation the Bills are using bugs me enough to look at Schobel only in the best of matchups.And I'm still way high on Hali. I wouldn't be shocked to see him blowup in each of the next two weeks. It's still hard to bet against Schobel IMO, but I might take the risk on Hali. He's produced very solid tackle stats against two stud run blocking OLs.

Will Smith is IN, I'd prefer Hall but facing Pace has me nervous. So I'm leaning towards Williams.If I decided today it'd be Harper and Madieu.
I think you got it right.
I am finding it harder and harder to start K Williams - 0 the first week - 10 pts (in one league) the second week and 1 assist the 3rd week. Someone please give me a reason for continuing to start K Williams??Oh by the way, I started him week 1 & 3 not week 2 :wall:
In his case the reason is Orlando Pace. I hear ya though. Still, reports from those watching see a beast in Williams that belies his stats so far.

houndirish said:
Tough call on determining starters in my IDP redraft league.Can only choose two from each category:D-Line:Will Smith vs CarolinaK. Williams vs. BuffaloJames Hall vs. St LouisI also have Andre Carter but I'm hoping to punt him for Geathers (vs. NE) or Kelsay(Vs. Stl.)Will Smith is IN, I'd prefer Hall but facing Pace has me nervous. So I'm leaning towards Williams.At D-Back:Gibril is on byeMadieu vs. NERoman Harper vs CarolinaSean Jones vs. OaklandIf I decided today it'd be Harper and Madieu. I think the Cleveland secondary may have a pick or two courtesy of Andrew Walter but is it reasonable to expect Oakland's O to be on the field much? Am I giving Cleveland too much respect?
Williams is getting good pressure but you risk the goose egg there because he'll almost certainly be double teamed. Despite not getting sacks the last two weeks, Hall has put up reasonable tackle stats and he did pretty okay against Walter Jones in week one. Pretty sure Pace is dinged a bit too. Risk-reward either way but I'd probably throw Hall in there.Jones has been around the ball in coverage and used in blitzes, not unlike Kerry Rhodes in a similar scheme. I'm not comparing the two, but Harper hasn't produced the tackle stats that Jones has. At some point, you have to think the Raiders offense plays well even behind a suspect OL. And the Cleveland offense is poor enough that the game should be reasonably close in Oakland. I probably take Jones here, but it's close.Neither call is easy IMO.

thanks for the replies! Yes, interesting is definitely one word to describe our system. Personally I'd like more bench spots to encourage trying out new players and to protect those inevitable injuries that always happen each season. It makes for a good ww and a must to be diligent at watching for those drops or trying to add back players after their bye weeks.

Appreciate the input, I'm feeling pretty confident (at least w/ my IDPs) going into week 4.

In a Zealot Dynasty 53 man roster team start 2/3 DL is it time to cut bait on Phillip Daniels DE Washington. So far he has scored 6.5 pts in the last 3 weeks? I know he supposedly plays all 3 downs but.....I haven't started him yet. Not sure if given time he will amount to much

My other DL are Burgess, Holliday, T Cole, T Hali, B Thomas and Ray Edwards.

I am looking to make roster room for Mike Patterson, Bethea and or Mark Anderson. Also looking to cut Fred Smoot (mistake?) other DB's are K Rhodes, Champ, I Taylor, D Manning, R Harper, C Chavous, Glenn Earl - start 2/3.

Thanks for all responses and for previous responses!

Zealots league

For Week 4

Stick with Schobel or pick 2 from Rod Coleman, Shaun Rogers and DeWayne White?

This relates to a dynasty league, 45 man rosters which seperates the positions out.

On defense we start: 2 DE, 1 DT, 3LB, 2 CB, 2 S, 1 flex (DT or LB)

Scoring varies from position to position, however, this question is directly related to the DT position so I will provide that only:

Fumbles Lost (to Opponent) 4.00 points eachNumber of Defensive Fumble Recovery TDs 10.00 points eachFumble Recoveries (from Opponent) 4.00 points eachForced Fumbles 4.00 points eachNumber of Interception Return TDs 10.00 points eachInterceptions Caught 4.00 points eachPasses Defensed 1.00 point eachDefensive Tackles 3.00 points eachDefensive Assists 1.00 point eachSacked a QB 3.00 point for every 0.5Safeties 10.00 points eachAs you can see, these are some pretty high scoring positions.

Right now the only two DT I have on my roster are Kevin Williams and La' roi Glover. Neither of them are lighting up the scoreboard for me.

I've only had a chance to see Kevin Williams play once so far (Week 1) and though he seemed to be getting pressure and disrupting the play, not much is showing up in the box score yet. I have not seen Glover play at all. I've looked through the Reading the Defense and EOTG reports looking for tidbits of information, but understandably, the DT position doesn't get much attention.

There are several free agents who seem to be putting up better numbers than Williams and Glover and I'd like some opinions on whether you would consider them better prospects and worth the perceived upgrade.

The top five available are:

Code:
Player				   ytd   1	2	3	----------------------------------------------- 1  Brian Young  NOS DT		57   35	3   19 2  Keith Traylor  MIA DT	  54   18   11   25 3  Fred Robbins  NYG DT	   44   17	9   18 4  Kendrick Clancy  ARI DT	41	6   13   22 5  Gerard Warren  DEN DT	  37   15   13	9
Young obviously had a huge game one followed by a big drop in game 2. Robbins and Traylor have been more consitant. Is there value here?

In a Zealot Dynasty 53 man roster team start 2/3 DL is it time to cut bait on Phillip Daniels DE Washington. So far he has scored 6.5 pts in the last 3 weeks? I know he supposedly plays all 3 downs but.....I haven't started him yet. Not sure if given time he will amount to muchMy other DL are Burgess, Holliday, T Cole, T Hali, B Thomas and Ray Edwards. I am looking to make roster room for Mike Patterson, Bethea and or Mark Anderson. Also looking to cut Fred Smoot (mistake?) other DB's are K Rhodes, Champ, I Taylor, D Manning, R Harper, C Chavous, Glenn Earl - start 2/3.
I'm no fan of Daniels and Smoot is the type you can leave on waivers if you want. "I" think Smoot has more value than Chavous or Manning, and "I" know that isn't popular opinion, but FSes like those two, while nice looking players, probably won't blow up for you the way a cover 2 corner can. I started Smoot and Winfield this week and Winfield's big moment could have very easily been Smoot's had Rex rolled the other way. Chavous has 10 tackles and a pick. Manning has 7 and a pick (in less snaps). Smoot has 17 and no picks. I bet he ends the year with more picks and tackles than both.

Zealots leagueFor Week 4Stick with Schobel or pick 2 from Rod Coleman, Shaun Rogers and DeWayne White?
I think Schobel's #s are coming. I'd even consider a trade for him if you want to take a look at my roster. White's on a bye, so rule him out. Rogers is scoring a bit better than the rest, so I'd roll him out with Schobel and pray. We don't play this week do we? :D

Code:
Player				   ytd   1	2	3	----------------------------------------------- 1  Brian Young  NOS DT		57   35	3   19 2  Keith Traylor  MIA DT	  54   18   11   25 3  Fred Robbins  NYG DT	   44   17	9   18 4  Kendrick Clancy  ARI DT	41	6   13   22 5  Gerard Warren  DEN DT	  37   15   13	9
Young obviously had a huge game one followed by a big drop in game 2. Robbins and Traylor have been more consitant. Is there value here?
I'd be interested in seeing more than the top five, but Brian Young looks like he ate his Wheaties this off season. I've shied away from big week guys like him before thinking the anomaly was bait for some other fool, but Young looked very good again last night. There's a nice read in the SP by Chris Landry crediting the Saints DTs with shutting down Vick. Maybe HThomas is the best thing that ever happened to Young. Maybe he's on crack, but I have a feeling he's going to give most DTs a run for their IDP scoring money all season.

Player ytd 1 2 3 ----------------------------------------------- 1 Brian Young NOS DT 57 35 3 19 2 Keith Traylor MIA DT 54 18 11 25 3 Fred Robbins NYG DT 44 17 9 18 4 Kendrick Clancy ARI DT 41 6 13 22 5 Gerard Warren DEN DT 37 15 13 9Young obviously had a huge game one followed by a big drop in game 2. Robbins and Traylor have been more consitant. Is there value here?
I'd be interested in seeing more than the top five, but Brian Young looks like he ate his Wheaties this off season. I've shied away from big week guys like him before thinking the anomaly was bait for some other fool, but Young looked very good again last night. There's a nice read in the SP by Chris Landry crediting the Saints DTs with shutting down Vick. Maybe HThomas is the best thing that ever happened to Young. Maybe he's on crack, but I have a feeling he's going to give most DTs a run for their IDP scoring money all season.
Here's a link to the top player report. The league is hosted on MFL.Thanks for your help.

Hey Guys

I'm only allowed to have 7 active LB's on my roster. I have two on my PS and one is starting to show promise as a starter.

Here's my dilema.

These are my current LB's:

ACTIVE ROSTER:

DEMECO RYANS

MIKE PETERSON

AJ HAWK

LEROY HILL

DERRICK JOHNSON

GERLAD HAYES

LANCE BRIGGS

PRACTICE SQUAD:

ABDUL HODGE

BARRETT RUUD - COULD BE A STARTER SOON

I need to either trade one now and make room for RUUD or risk losing him via the PS claim.

Thanks in advance and I will answer yours!

Right now the only two DT I have on my roster are Kevin Williams and La' roi Glover. Neither of them are lighting up the scoreboard for me.I've only had a chance to see Kevin Williams play once so far (Week 1) and though he seemed to be getting pressure and disrupting the play, not much is showing up in the box score yet. I have not seen Glover play at all. I've looked through the Reading the Defense and EOTG reports looking for tidbits of information, but understandably, the DT position doesn't get much attention.There are several free agents who seem to be putting up better numbers than Williams and Glover and I'd like some opinions on whether you would consider them better prospects and worth the perceived upgrade.The top five available are:

Code:
La'Roi Glover has been struggling, as you know, on field and in the box score. It's probably only a matter of time before Claude Wroten moves into more than a part time role at UT. I think I'd hold Kevin Williams -- but I'm a sucker for being patient with studs. I think I'd lean toward Young here. Traylor and Clancy aren't the primary undertackles for their teams (Holliday and Dockett are) so they're a little less consistent. Robbins is interesting, but is likely to be removed in clear passing situations I believe. I wouldn't consider Warren at all. I think I'd dump Glover for Young for sure. As long as Hollis Thomas and Charles Grant continue their solid pay alongside Will Smith, he should have career numbers. He's unlikely to put up sacks all season long, but your system is tackle heavy so Young is the perfect target.I'll address the DT position in my mailbag this week. Undertackles need love too.

Hey GuysI'm only allowed to have 7 active LB's on my roster. I have two on my PS and one is starting to show promise as a starter.Here's my dilema. These are my current LB's:ACTIVE ROSTER:DEMECO RYANSMIKE PETERSONAJ HAWKLEROY HILLDERRICK JOHNSONGERLAD HAYESLANCE BRIGGSPRACTICE SQUAD:ABDUL HODGEBARRETT RUUD - COULD BE A STARTER SOONI need to either trade one now and make room for RUUD or risk losing him via the PS claim.Thanks in advance and I will answer yours!
Do something with LeRoy Hill to make room for Ruud.

Hey GuysI'm only allowed to have 7 active LB's on my roster. I have two on my PS and one is starting to show promise as a starter.Here's my dilema. These are my current LB's:ACTIVE ROSTER:DEMECO RYANSMIKE PETERSONAJ HAWKLEROY HILLDERRICK JOHNSONGERLAD HAYESLANCE BRIGGSPRACTICE SQUAD:ABDUL HODGEBARRETT RUUD - COULD BE A STARTER SOONI need to either trade one now and make room for RUUD or risk losing him via the PS claim.Thanks in advance and I will answer yours!
Derrick Johnson has only had 2 sacks in his first 18 games. He may get it sooner or later, but as of now he would be the one to try to trade. He should have some value as trade bait, seeing as how he was a 1st round nfll pick last year. The other guys put up as many or more tackles and more big plays than he does.

It's a nice problem to have. I might look to move Briggs. He's a nice player but is asking for a big contract from the Bears who've been reluctant to make a deal just yet. If he ends up as an OLB outside the T2 his value won't be nearly as good. He may land in a good spot or be re-signed but if you can get good value for him, I'd look hard to cashing him in now. I'd hold Hayes for now unless you can sell very highly and Hill, Hawk, Ruud, and Johnson have too much talent to move just yet.Alternatively, you could look into moving two of them for a stud talent to go with Ryans and Peterson.

Users who are viewing this thread