What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Papelbon Will Start in '07 (1 Viewer)

will this hurt his value in 4-sport dynasty leagues?
I think it takes a hit, but there's really no telling how good he'll be as a starter. However, I think if it was known at the time of the UDMT draft that he'd be starting next year, I don't think he would've been drafted in the Mega.

don't know what you are talking about.But in theory, a team that drafted Papelbon was certainly blessed with a win/win situation. I think we're probably talking about the next Roger Clemens here, and that can only help-even in this psychotic 4-sport dynasty abstract you speak of.

don't know what you are talking about.But in theory, a team that drafted Papelbon was certainly blessed with a win/win situation. I think we're probably talking about the next Roger Clemens here, and that can only help-even in this psychotic 4-sport dynasty abstract you speak of.
Fat, puffy Rogah, or HGH induced Roger?

Skinny, clean shaven 22K/game Rocket.

you're high.

MrJimmy said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
hypothetically speaking, I wonder how he would compare to these other pitchers who may or may not have been drafted soon after him:MLB Felix Hernandez P SEA MLB Carlos Zambrano P CHC MLB Roy Halladay P TOR MLB Jeremy Bonderman P DET MLB Brandon Webb P ARIMLB Huston Street P OAKMLB Jered Weaver P ANAMLB Roy Oswalt P HOU

Last edited by a moderator:
ThisGuy said:
MrJimmy said:
ThisGuy said:
MrJimmy said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
you're high.
OK.You paid, right?

His future's now as unpredictable as it was 6 months ago. I would trade him for Liriano before it's too late.

Link to press release?

I just read in Gordon Edes column this morning that a lot of this will hinge on how durable they deem Papelbon to be. If they think they can get more out of him as a reliever, they are thinking about keeping him there.

I don't disagree that they want him too start but I need to see this press release you are talking about.

Link to press release?I just read in Gordon Edes column this morning that a lot of this will hinge on how durable they deem Papelbon to be. If they think they can get more out of him as a reliever, they are thinking about keeping him there.I don't disagree that they want him too start but I need to see this press release you are talking about.
NESN postgame. From Theo's own mouth. Stated that doctors recommend Papelbon for the rotation with no reservations at all.

MrJimmy said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
Gotta love expectations for Boston prospects.

MrJimmy said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
hypothetically speaking, I wonder how he would compare to these other pitchers who may or may not have been drafted soon after him:MLB Felix Hernandez P SEA MLB Carlos Zambrano P CHC MLB Roy Halladay P TOR MLB Jeremy Bonderman P DET MLB Brandon Webb P ARIMLB Huston Street P OAKMLB Jered Weaver P ANAMLB Roy Oswalt P HOU
Waitaminnit... people actually have 4 sport dynasty leagues?? Seriously???

MrJimmy said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
:nerd:

MrJimmy said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
hypothetically speaking, I wonder how he would compare to these other pitchers who may or may not have been drafted soon after him:MLB Felix Hernandez P SEA

MLB Carlos Zambrano P CHC

MLB Roy Halladay P TOR

MLB Jeremy Bonderman P DET

MLB Brandon Webb P ARI

MLB Huston Street P OAK

MLB Jered Weaver P ANA

MLB Roy Oswalt P HOU
People do.

MrJimmy said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
hypothetically speaking, I wonder how he would compare to these other pitchers who may or may not have been drafted soon after him:MLB Felix Hernandez P SEA

MLB Roy Halladay P TOR

MLB Brandon Webb P ARI

MLB Huston Street P OAK

MLB Jered Weaver P ANA

MLB Roy Oswalt P HOU
People do.
I think only iPeople do.

MrJimmy said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:

MLB Roy Halladay P TOR

MLB Brandon Webb P ARI

MLB Huston Street P OAK

MLB Jered Weaver P ANA

MLB Roy Oswalt P HOU
People do.
I think only iPeople do.
Certainly not any people I know.

MrJimmy said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:

MLB Roy Halladay P TOR

MLB Brandon Webb P ARI

MLB Huston Street P OAK

MLB Jered Weaver P ANA

MLB Roy Oswalt P HOU
People do.
I think only iPeople do.
Certainly not any people I know.
No, they're people that know the people that know the people that you already know. You know that?

MrJimmy said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
Gotta love expectations for Boston prospects.
How was Cla Meredith? Hanley Ramirez? Papelbon? Anibal Sanchez? Freddy Sanchez? Jon Lester? It's the easiest thing in the world to note when a prospect doesn't turn into an all star. Success rates are always very low. But I think, on the whole, Sox fan's optimism for the recent crop of prospects was well founded.

Now, on the other hand, if you can't recognize hyperbole for shtick's sake, I can't help you.

ETA- Wow, say that five times fast: "shtick's sake, shtick's sake, shtick's sake..."

Last edited by a moderator:
MrJimmy said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:

MLB Roy Halladay P TOR

MLB Brandon Webb P ARI

MLB Huston Street P OAK

MLB Jered Weaver P ANA

MLB Roy Oswalt P HOU
:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread