What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2008 Rookie Draft Picks (2 Viewers)

EBF said:
switz said:
IMO, this class has 4-5 above average RBs, but no STUD RB.
I agree with this. I don't see a bulletproof runner in the draft this year. All of the top guys are flawed in some way.
Just out of curiousty, have you ever seen one?
Bush and Peterson come to mind.
Hmm, if i recall correctly, at this same time last year you were saying it would be a tough choice between Peterson and Lynch. I believe you were saying this because Lynch had the more "prototypical" size. Kind of like what you are saying about Stewart/Mendenhall and Mcfadden ths year. Im not saying Mcfadden=AD, just that you were singing a similar tune to AD last year as you are Mcfadden this year. The last guy i remember you calling a cant miss stud RB was Kevin Barlow. :confused:
In the end I took Peterson at 1.01 and had him as the top player on my board. I never doubted his talent, but rather his ability to stay healthy (which remains in question). In terms of raw talent I knew he was pretty legit (although I didn't expect him to be THIS good). Definitely more impressive than McFadden.

EBF said:
switz said:
I agree with this. I don't see a bulletproof runner in the draft this year. All of the top guys are flawed in some way.
You didn't perceive a real gap between Lynch and Peterson, iirc?I don't like the term bulletproof. No one is ever bulletproof and concerns over ADs injury history and Bush's style were reasonable takes. Like you I disagreed with both.

This year I think the top 3 are all Pro Bowl talents. That's 3 stud RBs where you and Switz see none. :tinfoilhat:
As far as last year goes, I thought there were two legit first round RBs who would be effective pro runners. My main issue with Peterson was his upright build and his injury history. I never doubted that he had more talent than Lynch, but I thought Lynch would probably have a longer career. It's kind of a moot point since they're both top 10 dynasty backs according to most current lists. Put Lynch behind that Minnesota line and he looks like a top 5-6 back right now. I've talked about my evaluation philosophy before. With RBs it basically breaks down like this:

1. Production (Was he a star in college? Did he take advantage of his opportunities?)

2. Measurables (Body type, vertical leap, 40 time, broad jump, decent times in the shuttle and cones)

3. Pedigree (Was he a first round pick? A top 10 pick?)

4. Eyeball test (Does he jump off the screen at you?)

When I talk about a bulletproof guy, I'm talking about a player who scores off the charts in all four categories. I'm talking about Reggie Bush, LaDainian Tomlinson, and Adrian Peterson. Those guys score off the charts in all four categories. You can look at them from every angle and you won't find a weakness. Production? Check. Measurables? Check. Pedigree? Check. Eyeball test? Check. That's bulletproof.

There's no one who quite fits that mold this year. Stewart and McFadden are close, but Stewart doesn't have the top 10 pedigree and McFadden doesn't have the vertical leap or the ideal body type. He also doesn't pass the eyeball test to the degree that someone like Bush or Peterson did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny because McFadden is basically a cross between Peterson and Bush in my mind. I would've definitely considered Peterson a better prospect last year, though he had some durability questions. In a non-PPR league I probably would've ranked Bush around where I'm ranking McFadden. Maybe a bit higher.Like the previous poster said- nobody is bulletproof. Most of us expected more out of Bush as a runner., and Peterson hasn't shaken doubts about his durability.McFadden basically has BOTH of the same red flags as Peterson and Bush (body size, durability questions), but he did time faster than both.

EBF said:
switz said:
Hmm, if i recall correctly, at this same time last year you were saying it would be a tough choice between Peterson and Lynch. I believe you were saying this because Lynch had the more "prototypical" size. Kind of like what you are saying about Stewart/Mendenhall and Mcfadden ths year. Im not saying Mcfadden=AD, just that you were singing a similar tune to AD last year as you are Mcfadden this year. The last guy i remember you calling a cant miss stud RB was Kevin Barlow. :tinfoilhat:
In the end I took Peterson at 1.01 and had him as the top player on my board. I never doubted his talent, but rather his ability to stay healthy (which remains in question). In terms of raw talent I knew he was pretty legit (although I didn't expect him to be THIS good). Definitely more impressive than McFadden.
...and his lack of prototypical size, which is why you had him and Lynch close. I am not saying you thought the same about AD as you do Mcfadden, it just seems you play it "safe" when projecting your rookies. Guess i dont blame you, although you will never be completely right, you will never really be wrong.

Funny because McFadden is basically a cross between Peterson and Bush in my mind. I would've definitely considered Peterson a better prospect last year, though he had some durability questions. In a non-PPR league I probably would've ranked Bush around where I'm ranking McFadden. Maybe a bit higher.Like the previous poster said- nobody is bulletproof. Most of us expected more out of Bush as a runner., and Peterson hasn't shaken doubts about his durability.

McFadden basically has BOTH of the same red flags as Peterson and Bush (body size, durability questions), but he did time faster than both.
He does? :tinfoilhat:

EBF said:
switz said:
You didn't perceive a real gap between Lynch and Peterson, iirc?I don't like the term bulletproof. No one is ever bulletproof and concerns over ADs injury history and Bush's style were reasonable takes. Like you I disagreed with both.

This year I think the top 3 are all Pro Bowl talents. That's 3 stud RBs where you and Switz see none. :)
As far as last year goes, I thought there were two legit first round RBs who would be effective pro runners. My main issue with Peterson was his upright build and his injury history. I never doubted that he had more talent than Lynch, but I thought Lynch would probably have a longer career. It's kind of a moot point since they're both top 10 dynasty backs according to most current lists. Put Lynch behind that Minnesota line and he looks like a top 5-6 back right now. I've talked about my evaluation philosophy before. With RBs it basically breaks down like this:

1. Production (Was he a star in college? Did he take advantage of his opportunities?)

2. Measurables (Body type, vertical leap, 40 time, broad jump, decent times in the shuttle and cones)

When I talk about a bulletproof guy, I'm talking about a player who scores off the charts in all four categories. I'm talking about Reggie Bush, LaDainian Tomlinson, and Adrian Peterson. Those guys score off the charts in all four categories. You can look at them from every angle and you won't find a weakness. Production? Check. Measurables? Check. Pedigree? Check. Eyeball test? Check. That's bulletproof.

There's no one who quite fits that mold this year. Stewart and McFadden are close, but Stewart doesn't have the top 10 pedigree and McFadden doesn't have the vertical leap or the ideal body type. He also doesn't pass the eyeball test to the degree that someone like Bush or Peterson did.
Doesnt Peterson NOT fit your four points?

...and his lack of prototypical size, which is why you had him and Lynch close. I am not saying you thought the same about AD as you do Mcfadden, it just seems you play it "safe" when projecting your rookies. Guess i dont blame you, although you will never be completely right, you will never really be wrong.
Again, the issue with Peterson wasn't talent. It was durability. I wondered if he would be able to stay healthy in the long run. That was my only real argument for why someone might prefer Lynch. We won't know whether it had merit until 5-6 years down the road when we'll have a better idea of who was the more durable back.

EBF said:
switz said:

This year I think the top 3 are all Pro Bowl talents. That's 3 stud RBs where you and Switz see none. :)

He's slightly thin for a RB, but built thicker and stronger than McFadden. Go to YouTube and watch a McFadden highlight reel. Does he break any tackles? Now go and watch a Peterson highlight reel. Does he break any tackles?Peterson runs a lot stronger than DMC. And while he's not as stocky as MJD, he doesn't have those ostrich legs either.

Again, the issue with Peterson wasn't talent. It was durability. I wondered if he would be able to stay healthy in the long run. That was my only real argument for why someone might prefer Lynch. We won't know whether it had merit until 5-6 years down the road when we'll have a better idea of who was the more durable back.
Is your issue with Mcfadden talent?

EBF said:
switz said:

He's slightly thin for a RB, but built thicker and stronger than McFadden. Go to YouTube and watch a McFadden highlight reel. Does he break any tackles? Now go and watch a Peterson highlight reel. Does he break any tackles?Peterson runs a lot stronger than DMC. And while he's not as stocky as MJD, he doesn't have those ostrich legs either.
You will get no argument from me there.

1. Running style. He doesn't breaks tackles or make people miss. All he does is run in a straight line. 2. He doesn't look like a RB. This is partially a running style issue, but also a body type issue. He is very top-heavy with chicken legs. That's the opposite of what you look for in an NFL RB. Look at Tomlinson as the prototype. All his weight is in his legs.

3. If you want to nitpick, his vertical leap is disappointing for an elite RB prospect. Bush did 40.5", Tomlinson did 40.5", and Peterson did 38.5". McFadden did 33.5", which indicates less than optimal leg strength and explosion.

Funny because McFadden is basically a cross between Peterson and Bush in my mind. I would've definitely considered Peterson a better prospect last year, though he had some durability questions. In a non-PPR league I probably would've ranked Bush around where I'm ranking McFadden. Maybe a bit higher.Like the previous poster said- nobody is bulletproof. Most of us expected more out of Bush as a runner., and Peterson hasn't shaken doubts about his durability.

McFadden basically has BOTH of the same red flags as Peterson and Bush (body size, durability questions), but he did time faster than both.
He does? :rolleyes:
Well he hasn't been hurt like Peterson was in college, but with his build (tall, skinny legs) combined with his tough running style could make him injury-prone, which I'm sure EBF is more worried about than anything.His Vert was below average and nowhere on par with Bush, but his broad jump was good and his extraordinary athleticism is very evident when you see him on tape.

1. Running style. He doesn't breaks tackles or make people miss. All he does is run in a straight line. 2. He doesn't look like a RB. This is partially a running style issue, but also a body type issue. He is very top-heavy with chicken legs. That's the opposite of what you look for in an NFL RB. Look at Tomlinson as the prototype. All his weight is in his legs.

3. If you want to nitpick, his vertical leap is disappointing for an elite RB prospect. Bush did 40.5", Tomlinson did 40.5", and Peterson did 38.5". McFadden did 33.5", which indicates less than optimal leg strength and explosion.
If this were true, why would he be drafted at all, much less in the top 5 picks?

If this were true, why would he be drafted at all, much less in the top 5 picks?
I don't know. Why was Cedric Benson a top 5 pick? I'm not saying McFadden = bust, but the NFL has missed plenty of times. Roughly a third of first round RBs bust.

I don't know. Why was Cedric Benson a top 5 pick? I'm not saying McFadden = bust, but the NFL has missed plenty of times. Roughly a third of first round RBs bust.
You are saying the guy cant break tackles, cant avoid tackles, and can only run in a straight line, yet you are not calling him a bust? What is it you like about him?

You are saying the guy cant break tackles, cant avoid tackles, and can only run in a straight line, yet you are not calling him a bust? What is it you like about him?
He has very good acceleration and speed. It's a little bit deceptive to say he can only run in a straight line. He's a fluid runner, but he doesn't make guys miss in the open field or flash a lot of lateral quickness. What he does best is run vertically.

He has very good acceleration and speed. It's a little bit deceptive to say he can only run in a straight line. He's a fluid runner, but he doesn't make guys miss in the open field or flash a lot of lateral quickness. What he does best is run vertically.
There are hours and hours of video on Youtube that says otherwise.

Can't help but update My List every time this gets bumped

:scared:
im diggin your list! :thumbup:
Really? 9 of his Top 12 and 12 of his Top 17 are RBs. That's just not going to happen.
Why not?
Because it doesn't make any sense.Using your latest rankings, you have 12 RBs who you think should be clear cut starters in the league. I dare you to show us a single draft class that's ever come close to that.

:D
im diggin your list! :confused:
Really? 9 of his Top 12 and 12 of his Top 17 are RBs. That's just not going to happen.
Why not?
Because it doesn't make any sense.Using your latest rankings, you have 12 RBs who you think should be clear cut starters in the league. I dare you to show us a single draft class that's ever come close to that.
Never said they'd be clear cut starters. I said if they are drafted by the teams I listed above, then they'd have a chance to compete for a starting job in the near future.Who's to say the first 5 WRs picked in a Rookie Draft will be #1 WRs?

There will be plenty of busts and surprises every year, so you gotta go with the upside. Obviously a fantasy dynasty owner would rather have a starting RB than a WR with solid, but not spectacular talent.

im diggin your list! :confused:
Why not?
How doesn't it make sense?This draft class is very strong/deep at RB, the WR's are weak, and QB's (Which are weak this year at the top) rarely get drafted high in rookie drafts.

I could easily see the first 10 picks in rookie dynasty drafts being all RB's this year. That doesn't mean they will all turn out, but the 10th RB drafted this year grades out as good as what the 3rd-5th (Brandon Jackson, Irons, etc) did last year.

It's a deep RB class, i'll go as far to say i'll be shocked if most dynasty rookie drafts don't have 10-12 going in the first 15 or so picks.

with the somewhat weak QB class, inconsistent WR's, I could see 12 RB's selected in the 1st 17 picks. I hope not in my league cause I have 2.12 and want to pick up some more insurance- like a Cory Boyd, Thomas Brown or one of the other guys flying under the radar because of the strong junior class

There are hours and hours of video on Youtube that says otherwise.
I've seen most of those videos and I don't recall much shiftiness. He runs by people and beats angles, but off the top of my head I don't recall a lot of plays where he made a quick cut and juked someone out.

:rant:
im diggin your list! :popcorn:
Why not?
Never said they'd be clear cut starters.
Yes, you did. You said that 12 of them would be RB1s or RB2s given the right opportunity.Once again, the FF world is going rookie RB crazy.

:own3d:
im diggin your list! :thumbup:
Why not?
Yes, you did. You said that 12 of them would be RB1s or RB2s given the right opportunity.Once again, the FF world is going rookie RB crazy.
Odd, you continue to put words in my mouth. On my tiered rankings, I wrote "RB2 Upside" (for lack of a better term) to describe the 2nd tier of RBs.I don't know what to say.... it is what it is.

This class is deeper than you think. There will be misses, just like every draft, but there should be more hits than in recent drafts, IMO. That you can take to the bank.

EBF said:
switz said:
Last bullet proof RBs I saw were:Marshall Faulk

Edgerrin James

LT

I haven't seen one since LT.
Great hindsight!
:rolleyes:

Bush? Bulletproof?
:excited: Reggie Bush is a sick athlete. His first two years in the league have been disappointing given his hype, but he was a phenomenal college player and he tested off the charts in workouts. At his pro day Bush ran a 4.33 40, jumped 40.5" inches in the vertical leap, jumped 10'8.5" in the broad jump, and bench pressed 24 reps of 225 pounds. Those are all elite, elite marks. This guy was the top overall player on most teams' boards for a reason. He is a savage. Plain and simple.

:o
im diggin your list! :excited:
Why not?
Odd, you continue to put words in my mouth. On my tiered rankings, I wrote "RB2 Upside" (for lack of a better term) to describe the 2nd tier of RBs.I don't know what to say.... it is what it is.
:lmao: Okay, so you're telling me that when you say "RB2 Upside" you don't mean that they should be starters "given the right opportunity."What does "RB2 Upside" mean then?

:o
im diggin your list! :excited:
Why not?
:lmao: Okay, so you're telling me that when you say "RB2 Upside" you don't mean that they should be starters "given the right opportunity."What does "RB2 Upside" mean then?
Do you think it's odd you are the only one to argue this point?They COULD be starters, given a little improvement, and luck. Do I think they'll all become full-time starting RBs? No. Do each of these guys have the potential to one day be a solid RB2 for a fantasy owner in a typical 12-team league? Yes.

So why don't you quit playing semantics and do a little research into this year's crop of Rookie RBs. You might see something you like.

Bush? Bulletproof?
:excited: Reggie Bush is a sick athlete. His first two years in the league have been disappointing given his hype, but he was a phenomenal college player and he tested off the charts in workouts. At his pro day Bush ran a 4.33 40, jumped 40.5" inches in the vertical leap, jumped 10'8.5" in the broad jump, and bench pressed 24 reps of 225 pounds. Those are all elite, elite marks. This guy was the top overall player on most teams' boards for a reason. He is a savage. Plain and simple.
I'm getting the feeling the main reason you are down on McFadden are the 7" difference in vertical leap. Had he jumped a bit higher you'd be calling him bulletproof.

Bush? Bulletproof?
:unsure: Reggie Bush is a sick athlete. His first two years in the league have been disappointing given his hype, but he was a phenomenal college player and he tested off the charts in workouts. At his pro day Bush ran a 4.33 40, jumped 40.5" inches in the vertical leap, jumped 10'8.5" in the broad jump, and bench pressed 24 reps of 225 pounds. Those are all elite, elite marks. This guy was the top overall player on most teams' boards for a reason. He is a savage. Plain and simple.
I'm getting the feeling the main reason you are down on McFadden are the 7" difference in vertical leap. Had he jumped a bit higher you'd be calling him bulletproof.
No, I'd been a "hater" even before the combine. The disappointing jump just confirmed a hunch I had about his leg strength.

If you want to see what I'm talking about when I mention the "wow" factor or the eyeball test, take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKjOnSpwOMM

Silliness. The second half is littered with incredible runs.
Bush is a freak athlete, no question, and his receiving ability is as good as any WR in the league. However, we've seen the problems he's had running the ball. Bush is a highlight reel but guys don't have to run pretty to be effective in the NFL. I don't like how McFadden runs upright, but I don't doubt his ability. I can also see his NFL playing weight being in the 220 lb. range and think he'll develop as he matures (only turns 21 after the start of the season). If he fails in the NFL it won't be for lack of talent.

If you want to see what I'm talking about when I mention the "wow" factor or the eyeball test, take a look at this:

Bush is a freak athlete, no question, and his receiving ability is as good as any WR in the league. However, we've seen the problems he's had running the ball. Bush is a highlight reel but guys don't have to run pretty to be effective in the NFL. I don't like how McFadden runs upright, but I don't doubt his ability. I can also see his NFL playing weight being in the 220 lb. range and think he'll develop as he matures (only turns 21 after the start of the season). If he fails in the NFL it won't be for lack of talent.
McFadden will be no lower than #3 on my final board. I don't think he's a bad player. He wouldn't be talked about as a top 10 pick if he didn't have a lot of potential. But at the end of the day, do I think he's a slam dunk? No. Do I think he compares to Bush or Peterson? No. I don't think he's good enough to be the no-brainer lock at 1.01 and I don't think he's a surefire bet for success. That's all I've really been saying this whole time.

McFadden will be no lower than #3 on my final board. I don't think he's a bad player. He wouldn't be talked about as a top 10 pick if he didn't have a lot of potential. But at the end of the day, do I think he's a slam dunk? No. Do I think he compares to Bush or Peterson? No. I don't think he's good enough to be the no-brainer lock at 1.01 and I don't think he's a surefire bet for success. That's all I've really been saying this whole time.
So you think he will be anything from a bust to a good RB, with little to no chance of ever being a very good to elite back?

So you think he will be anything from a bust to a good RB, with little to no chance of ever being a very good to elite back?
EBF's not saying that at all. He acknowledges the potential- which means he could be great. He is simply saying that he has some concerns that he may not be great, which may not make him a lock for picking at 1.1. If you believe someone has a higher bust risk, you could easily select someone at 1.1 that has slightly less upside, but less bust risk.

EBF's not saying that at all. He acknowledges the potential- which means he could be great. He is simply saying that he has some concerns that he may not be great, which may not make him a lock for picking at 1.1. If you believe someone has a higher bust risk, you could easily select someone at 1.1 that has slightly less upside, but less bust risk.

I never said Reggie didn't have the wow factor, just that he wasn't seen as "bulletproof" coming in. I'm saying this in the context that you said every of the top RBs have obvious flaws. Reggie had concerns coming in - that he wouldn't be able to run inside, that he couldn't take the pounding, that he wouldn't be able to do all that juking at the pro level. Do I think he'll still be a good RB in this league? Yes. Did I consider him a "bulletproof" runner coming into this league? No.

Same with Adrian last year. No one doubted his ability, or the "wow" he had in college. They doubted his durability. Like others have said before, people who liked Lynch over Peterson (I wasn't one of them) did so most because of those durability concerns, and as great as Adrian was this year I don't know that we have an answer on that (and, let's not forget Peterson DID get uhrt this year too).

MJD was too small too... Addai danced too much... the list goes on and on in recent years.

The point is, all of these guys have their flaws. No one is bulletproof, but we just look at those flaws and try to assess who has the upside despite those flaws and who will have a long and successful career.

The thing I like about McFdden is that he obviously has elite speed, and he seems to stay at that speed. He doesn't jump cut as smoothly as some, but he always stays full speed and moving downhill. He has good vision. Of course, as with any speed guys, they can do things at the college level that just don't translate.

That said, I do agree that McFadden doesn't physically look like a RB to me.

I haven't watched a ton of film, but I have watched some. Something about Stewart reminds me LT in his vision and cuts. He carries people, but somehow manages to avoid big hits too.

And Menhenhall is just a beast. In my mind, he could be the best guy to come out of this crop.

People really split hairs here...EBF and aposulli's opinions are not difficult to grasp. I think they are two of the better poster's in the the SP and a crime they are not compensated for their work.

Much love for EBF and apoluslli...agree or disagree with their opinion.

People really split hairs here...EBF and aposulli's opinions are not difficult to grasp. I think they are two of the better poster's in the the SP and a crime they are not compensated for their work.Much love for EBF and apoluslli...agree or disagree with their opinion.
Agree 100%. My only point was that almost all RBs - those who have done well, those who haven't - have flaws, whether perceived or real, whether correctable or not, coming into the draft. There are few "bulletproof" prospects. We shouldn't be concerned with whether someone has flaws, but rather how serious they are. There ARE no "bulletproof" candidates.

I never said Reggie didn't have the wow factor, just that he wasn't seen as "bulletproof" coming in. I'm saying this in the context that you said every of the top RBs have obvious flaws. Reggie had concerns coming in - that he wouldn't be able to run inside, that he couldn't take the pounding, that he wouldn't be able to do all that juking at the pro level. Do I think he'll still be a good RB in this league? Yes. Did I consider him a "bulletproof" runner coming into this league? No.

Same with Adrian last year. No one doubted his ability, or the "wow" he had in college. They doubted his durability. Like others have said before, people who liked Lynch over Peterson (I wasn't one of them) did so most because of those durability concerns, and as great as Adrian was this year I don't know that we have an answer on that (and, let's not forget Peterson DID get uhrt this year too).

MJD was too small too... Addai danced too much... the list goes on and on in recent years.

The point is, all of these guys have their flaws. No one is bulletproof, but we just look at those flaws and try to assess who has the upside despite those flaws and who will have a long and successful career.

The thing I like about McFdden is that he obviously has elite speed, and he seems to stay at that speed. He doesn't jump cut as smoothly as some, but he always stays full speed and moving downhill. He has good vision. Of course, as with any speed guys, they can do things at the college level that just don't translate.

That said, I do agree that McFadden doesn't physically look like a RB to me.
Yes, all RBs have flaws. It just depends what the flaw is. There is a huge difference between questioning a player's durability and questioning whether a player's game will translate to the NFL. That is the reason why Peterson was viewed as "can't miss", while McFadden is not. I have serious questions whether McFadden can be elite at the next level due to his body type, lack of power, lack of lateral agility/elusiveness, and also his immaturity.

People really split hairs here...EBF and aposulli's opinions are not difficult to grasp. I think they are two of the better poster's in the the SP and a crime they are not compensated for their work.Much love for EBF and apoluslli...agree or disagree with their opinion.
So because EBF is a good poster, i shouldnt question anything he says? :lmao: I remember him saying similar things about AD last year as he is about Mcfadden this year(body type, that he might not be the best RB in the class). Yet he is here claiming that AD was one of the few RB's he ever saw as "bulletproof".

So because EBF is a good poster, i shouldnt question anything he says? :goodposting: I remember him saying similar things about AD last year as he is about Mcfadden this year(body type, that he might not be the best RB in the class). Yet he is here claiming that AD was one of the few RB's he ever saw as "bulletproof".
Your last 10 or so posts in this thread seem to be questioning someone else and making them defend their position.Every comment seems like it's from a courtroom trying to get the defendant to say something incriminating.Can't you guys just agree to disagree about McFadden?Let's move on.:my 2 cents:

So because EBF is a good poster, i shouldnt question anything he says? :shock: I remember him saying similar things about AD last year as he is about Mcfadden this year(body type, that he might not be the best RB in the class). Yet he is here claiming that AD was one of the few RB's he ever saw as "bulletproof".
Your last 10 or so posts in this thread seem to be questioning someone else and making them defend their position.Every comment seems like it's from a courtroom trying to get the defendant to say something incriminating.Can't you guys just agree to disagree about McFadden?Let's move on.:my 2 cents:
:no:I was about to unsubscribe to my "email me with notifications of replies to this thread"

So because EBF is a good poster, i shouldnt question anything he says? :boxing: I remember him saying similar things about AD last year as he is about Mcfadden this year(body type, that he might not be the best RB in the class). Yet he is here claiming that AD was one of the few RB's he ever saw as "bulletproof".
Sorry, that was not my goal, I guess i just wanted to know why does EBF even have him in his top 3, if he basically sees him as Michael Bennett(nothing more than speed). ..and yes, i will agree to disagree, although i never totally disagreed with him.

aposulli said:
Christo said:

:)
im diggin your list! :shrug:
Why not?
:wub: Okay, so you're telling me that when you say "RB2 Upside" you don't mean that they should be starters "given the right opportunity."What does "RB2 Upside" mean then?
Do you think it's odd you are the only one to argue this point?They COULD be starters, given a little improvement, and luck. Do I think they'll all become full-time starting RBs? No. Do each of these guys have the potential to one day be a solid RB2 for a fantasy owner in a typical 12-team league? Yes.
Thank you.

Burning Sensation said:
Dope said:
Burning Sensation said:
Rodeojones said:
So because EBF is a good poster, i shouldnt question anything he says? :goodposting: I remember him saying similar things about AD last year as he is about Mcfadden this year(body type, that he might not be the best RB in the class). Yet he is here claiming that AD was one of the few RB's he ever saw as "bulletproof".
Sorry, that was not my goal, I guess i just wanted to know why does EBF even have him in his top 3, if he basically sees him as Michael Bennett(nothing more than speed). ..and yes, i will agree to disagree, although i never totally disagreed with him.
You can criticize a player and still think he's a good player.

Users who are viewing this thread