What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Friday Night Lights (1 Viewer)

It's also being re-run later this week on USA and Bravo for those of us who are techincally deficient.

Saw the end of this episode on a flight a couple weeks ago. I was waiting for tonight to catch the entire episode. I liked it a lot. I'll be watching/dvr'ing again next week.

Liked it but worry about how long it will alst.

If they have the team win every week by miracle plays it will get old real fast.

Will give a couple more weeks and see where they go.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Even though I thought this week's episode was very predictable. Like a previous poster said, will be interesting to see how they mix things up week-to-week.

I thought it was good, but I get tired of the miracle finish at the end of every sports movie/show. Way too predictable.

I thought it was good, but I get tired of the miracle finish at the end of every sports movie/show. Way too predictable.
and not just that, but they already had the star player get a serious injury. In the pilot. That's season 1 cliffhanger stuff, or a story arc for season 2.

I think the end of the episode was a very fresh new angle for a sports movie finish. Star QB gets hurt. Nervous rookie/freshman/backup comes in and after making a few mistakes, leads them to victory.

I did "feel" all the pressure that was being heaped upon the Coach though. That was pretty intense.

it put me to sleep. Literally.
stop :banned: so much, you'll stay awake longer. ;)Wife came in and caught the last 10 minutes or so. She came in just after the QB got smashed and after watching for about 5 mintues and being very interested she asked "Is this a dramatization of a real situation"?Told her it was a series that just started. But the filming did give it that kinda of a look which to me made it that much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it sucked and was just like any other high school football show/movie.

star QB gets hurt, backup loser comes in to win the game on the last play. :yawn:

and not just that, but they already had the star player get a serious injury. In the pilot. That's season 1 cliffhanger stuff, or a story arc for season 2.
Sounds like they stole that part from Varsity BluesGuess they could always have the "star player now comes back and wants his job back" at end of season 1 / beginning of season 2.

by the way, didn't get to watch it (TIVO'd) but at any point did the backup QB say to his father:

"I...DON'T WANT....YOUR LIFE!"

Watched it, liked most of it. Will tune in next week.

Things that did annoy me:

The star QB injury right off the bat.

A couple of moments where they used footage right from the movie (the lights coming on).

The huge number of sports mistakes during the game. The most obvious was at the end when the RB runs outs of bounds, but they still rush up to the line because the clock starts up as soon as the ball was set down :wall:

I thought it sucked and was just like any other high school football show/movie.star QB gets hurt, backup loser comes in to win the game on the last play. :yawn:
:goodposting: Way too predictable. Also has the typical slutty girlfriend of one of the players trying to hook up with the rest of the football team, the brash loudmouth running back, the "bad boy" defensive player trying to control the slutty girlfriend, a coach under intense scrutiny/pressure, coach's family under the same pressure, blah blah blah. Seen it via the movie of the same name and Varsity Blues. All they need is to throw in a few racial issues and you've got Remember the Titans in the mix.

Crushed in the overnight ratings...

"Dancing with the Stars," 11.4/19, won the 8 p.m. hour for ABC. CBS' "NCIS," 9.7/16, had its best numbers of the young season, possibly benefiting from the absence of FOX's "House." NBC was a distant third with the premiere of "Friday Night Lights," 4.7/7. FOX's coverage of the New York Yankees-Detroit Tigers playoff game was fourth for the hour. "Gilmore Girls" earned a 3.3/5 for The CW.

RKMoney said:
oso diablo said:
Wildcat said:
Sounds like they stole that part from Varsity BluesGuess they could always have the "star player now comes back and wants his job back" at end of season 1 / beginning of season 2.
Doesn't that pretty much follow the movie and what happened in real life?

Doesn't that pretty much follow the movie and what happened in real life?
:shrug: but when you script a TV series, you gotta spread this stuff out. Give me 10 episodes to really care about this star QB before you put him in a wheelchair.

Should be a hit with the younger generation, but it was the most cliched piece of #### I've seen in quite a while.

Somehow the star QB has to fit into the series. Funny part when the drunk lady asked the football player if he ever "blitzed" an older lady!

watching this now. First impression is the girls are to hot and mature for highschool girls.

I really like it. The scene at the end with coach and the backup on the field was excellent. Almost got the goosebump factor going there. :unsure:

Good soundtrack as well.

Should be a hit with the younger generation, but it was the most cliched piece of #### I've seen in quite a while.
Based on the previews being one cliche heaped on the next I have been skipping it.
95% of football is a cliche.
I don't see it but OK. Basically I am avoiding it for the same reason I don't watch House. See it all coming a mile away and it's all been done before.
so basically you don't watch TV- there is nothing new under the sun.

Users who are viewing this thread