What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 6 Coaches Corner (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
In response to the ever-growing number of folks playing in IDP leagues and the lack of response advice requests get in the Assistant Coach Forum, we're opening a separate IDP advice thread here.

Questions seeking advice about starting lineup decisions, waiver pickups, and trades should go in this thread.

You'll get better responses if you include your league's scoring system and other pertinent information -- roster size, starter requirements, redraft/dynasty/keeper league, etc. You'll get more responses and we'll have better discussion if you "show your work" -- who you think you should start or pickup and why. Word of caution: IDP vets like to see that the newbies are willing to do their homework and apply what they've learned. You'll get more detailed responses from multiple sources if you aren't looking to be "spoon-fed" a decision. Many of those kinds of questions can be answered by Norton's weekly cheatsheets and rankings. This thread should be more give and take.

We'll turn this thread over every week to keep it from getting too difficult to use. Please search the thread briefly before posting a new question -- you may find that we've already discussed a situation similar to yours.

Finally, advice about many general IDP topics can be found in the pinned FAQ thread. If you don't find what you need there, post a new topic in the Forum.

I wouldn't exactly call Vilma a bust so far this season, but in the new Jets defense he is certainly not the dominator he used to be. Heck he isn't even leading his own team in tackles (technically he and Barton are tied but Barton has more solos). Vilma is the #15 scoring DL/LB in my league right now and #29 overall IDP, which for him is a bit disappointing. The following IDP's are available in my league (don't laugh, it's a "fun" league with fairly short benches), would any of them be worth dropping Vilma for? Our scoring is extremely tackle heavy, so I was thinking Brackett or June or maybe Dansby if he's back up to speed. TIA

June

Brackett

Witherspoon

Thornton

Adrian Wilson

Sims

Briggs

Dansby

PS - Redraft league; roster and scoring are in my signature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Until the Jets either go back to the 4-3 or get a good NT, this is about where I expect to see Vilma for the rest of the year.... out of the top ten LB's. He'll be a consistant strong play, but is no longer an elite FF LB. Actaully, I said as much prior to the season opener. Of that group, I think I like Witherspoon in a redraft.

Dynasty Contract League (16 teams)

Must start 2 DLs/LBs/DBs weekly

Scoring format: T=1, A=0.5, Sack=2, Int=2, FF=2, FR=2, PD=1

My current LBs:

Keith Brooking ATL

Ernie Sims DET

Brian Simmons CIN

Ian Gold DEN

I've been thinking of possibly replacing Simmons this year with a bit more youth as I don't see him as Cincy's long-term solution at MLB.

Available WW Options (in current order of preference):

David Thornton TEN (5th year)

EJ Henderson MIN (4th year)

Landon Johnson CIN (3rd year)

Shaun Phillip SDC (3rd year)

Larry Foote PIT (5th year)

Bradie James DAL (4th year)

Abdul Hodge GBP (Rookie)

Chad Greenway MIN (Rookie on IR)

Should I make a swap?

If yes, which veteran?, ...or is investing in one of the rookies a better long-term proposition?

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't exactly call Vilma a bust so far this season, but in the new Jets defense he is certainly not the dominator he used to be. Heck he isn't even leading his own team in tackles (technically he and Barton are tied but Barton has more solos). Vilma is the #15 scoring DL/LB in my league right now and #29 overall IDP, which for him is a bit disappointing. The following IDP's are available in my league (don't laugh, it's a "fun" league with fairly short benches), would any of them be worth dropping Vilma for? Our scoring is extremely tackle heavy, so I was thinking Brackett or June or maybe Dansby if he's back up to speed. TIAJuneBrackettWitherspoonThorntonAdrian WilsonSimsBriggsDansbyPS - Redraft league; roster and scoring are in my signature.
Until the Jets either go back to the 4-3 or get a good NT, this is about where I expect to see Vilma for the rest of the year.... out of the top ten LB's. He'll be a consistant strong play, but is no longer an elite FF LB. Actaully, I said as much prior to the season opener. Of that group, I think I like Witherspoon in a redraft.
:goodposting: With Vilma getting the majority of his reps at RILB, any chance he had of finishing among the top ten has vanished. He's the best of the Godfrey, Foote, James, Jackson lot but he's a LB2 in that alignment.I think I'd lean toward Witherspoon from the group above, but with a wire this deep, I think you play the matchups each week and cycle out the LB1-LB2 tier guys each week. Some weeks it'll be Briggs, others Brackett, other Wilson or Witherspoon.This week, I think the decision may be between Adrian Wilson (could get a bunch of tackles against the Bears) and Ernie Sims (who's coming on strong and has a pretty good matchup against the Bills). Witherspoon is also a reasonable option.

Dynasty Contract League (16 teams)Must start 2 DLs/LBs/DBs weeklyScoring format: T=1, A=0.5, Sack=2, Int=2, FF=2, FR=2, PD=1My current LBs:Keith Brooking ATLErnie Sims DETBrian Simmons CINIan Gold DENI've been thinking of possibly replacing Simmons this year with a bit more youth as I don't see him as Cincy's long-term solution at MLB.Available WW Options (in current order of preference):David Thornton TEN (5th year)EJ Henderson MIN (4th year)Landon Johnson CIN (3rd year)Shaun Phillip SDC (3rd year)Larry Foote PIT (5th year)Bradie James DAL (4th year)Abdul Hodge GBP ®Chad Greenway ®Should I make a swap?If yes, which veteran?, ...or is investing in one of the rookies a better long-term proposition?Thanks in advance!
Simmons is not the long term answer in the middle in Cincinnati for sure. Henderson and Thornton are both solid plays. Neither have a solid hold on future production though. I don't think you need to roster either of those rookies right now. Chances are they'll still be available later in the season after the bye week issues have passed.

I wouldn't exactly call Vilma a bust so far this season, but in the new Jets defense he is certainly not the dominator he used to be. Heck he isn't even leading his own team in tackles (technically he and Barton are tied but Barton has more solos). Vilma is the #15 scoring DL/LB in my league right now and #29 overall IDP, which for him is a bit disappointing. The following IDP's are available in my league (don't laugh, it's a "fun" league with fairly short benches), would any of them be worth dropping Vilma for? Our scoring is extremely tackle heavy, so I was thinking Brackett or June or maybe Dansby if he's back up to speed. TIAJuneBrackettWitherspoonThorntonAdrian WilsonSimsBriggsDansbyPS - Redraft league; roster and scoring are in my signature.
:goodposting: With Vilma getting the majority of his reps at RILB, any chance he had of finishing among the top ten has vanished. He's the best of the Godfrey, Foote, James, Jackson lot but he's a LB2 in that alignment.I think I'd lean toward Witherspoon from the group above, but with a wire this deep, I think you play the matchups each week and cycle out the LB1-LB2 tier guys each week. Some weeks it'll be Briggs, others Brackett, other Wilson or Witherspoon.This week, I think the decision may be between Adrian Wilson (could get a bunch of tackles against the Bears) and Ernie Sims (who's coming on strong and has a pretty good matchup against the Bills). Witherspoon is also a reasonable option.
Thanks, that's really sound advice. Lofa is also on our WW, what do you think of his matchup against the Rams this week? I also just noticed that A. Thomas is on the WW and has a matchup against Carolina this week.

I lost Mike Peterson, and due to not "Knowing It All" am in a fix (sorry for littering the other thread, I did not realize I was in violation of the rules).

Thomas Howard? Eric Barton? Ernie Sims? Daryl Smith?

UTs are the key in our scoring system. 1 pt each UT, 2 pts per sack, int, safety. 6 pt td.

Thanks, that's really sound advice. Lofa is also on our WW, what do you think of his matchup against the Rams this week? I also just noticed that A. Thomas is on the WW and has a matchup against Carolina this week.
Rams have been a fairly solid matchup for LBs this season so Tatupu is a decent option, too. None of the Sims, Witherspoon, Tatupu stand out to me; maybe they will to someone else. I don't think your scoring system values the big enough to make Adalius Thomas a reasonable play against Carolina.

I lost Mike Peterson, and due to not "Knowing It All" am in a fix (sorry for littering the other thread, I did not realize I was in violation of the rules).Thomas Howard? Eric Barton? Ernie Sims? Daryl Smith?UTs are the key in our scoring system. 1 pt each UT, 2 pts per sack, int, safety. 6 pt td.
Don't worry about the other thread. It's cool. We're just trying to organize things a little better but still keep the advice stuff in this forum. I'm not a big fan of Thomas Howard, but it's hard to argue with his stats. Unless we learn that Daryl Smith is the season-long answer at MLB, I think it's between Barton and Sims. I think I'd go with Barton -- the Jets aren't going to get any better, their division is full of good matchups, and he's been playing the better LILB position. If your waiver wire has a bunch of second tier guys though, it might be worth picking up the best matchup of the week. This week, Smith has a bye and the other three guys all have above average matchups IMO so I'll stick with Barton.

I lost Mike Peterson, and due to not "Knowing It All" am in a fix (sorry for littering the other thread, I did not realize I was in violation of the rules).Thomas Howard? Eric Barton? Ernie Sims? Daryl Smith?UTs are the key in our scoring system. 1 pt each UT, 2 pts per sack, int, safety. 6 pt td.
Don't worry about the other thread. It's cool. We're just trying to organize things a little better but still keep the advice stuff in this forum. I'm not a big fan of Thomas Howard, but it's hard to argue with his stats. Unless we learn that Daryl Smith is the season-long answer at MLB, I think it's between Barton and Sims. I think I'd go with Barton -- the Jets aren't going to get any better, their division is full of good matchups, and he's been playing the better LILB position. If your waiver wire has a bunch of second tier guys though, it might be worth picking up the best matchup of the week. This week, Smith has a bye and the other three guys all have above average matchups IMO so I'll stick with Barton.
Thanks, I have put in for Barton and Howard. It is an IR move so whoever I get is part of my LB mix and I need a starter this week which rules Daryl Smith out. Witherspoon is my only other LB who hasn't had his bye. The damndest thing is I just traded LeMar Marshall last week to get help at DB (I have 4 dbs, 1 was on bye and 2 were hurt but not OUT). My timing sucks.Oh well, worst case scenario, my LBs will be Ryans, Witherspoon, Mitchell and Howard.

Don't worry about the other thread. It's cool. I'll stick with Barton.
I agree with all three of these sentences.

Thanks, I have put in for Barton and Howard. It is an IR move so whoever I get is part of my LB mix and I need a starter this week which rules Daryl Smith out. Witherspoon is my only other LB who hasn't had his bye. The damndest thing is I just traded LeMar Marshall last week to get help at DB (I have 4 dbs, 1 was on bye and 2 were hurt but not OUT). My timing sucks.Oh well, worst case scenario, my LBs will be Ryans, Witherspoon, Mitchell and Howard.
That's not bad, assuming Mitchell rebounds. I don't know that I wouldn't flip Mitchell for Sims soon to be honest. I'm hoping to catch a KC game soon, because it doesn't make any sense to me. The matchups and rush attempts against suggest he should be producing at a much higher level. It's beginning to look like last season was his career season and that his overall game may have regressed back to his 2004 play.

pretender said:
My other DB's are D Manning, Champ, Ike Taylor, Chavous, Earl, and K Rhodes Start 3
your current six are as good/better than what's on the wire IMO.
No need for a seventh DB as far as I can tell. Earl, Taylor and Bailey have outscored Harper 50% of the time anyway. All you lost was a situational starter who has probably been outscored by one of your bench players every week. While Champ and Taylor are keeping pace with Harper to this point (minus Bailey's one bad week), they both offer the chance at jackpot games. If I had this crew and my record was so so or poor, I would be starting Bailey, Taylor and Rhodes. If I was doing better, I would be playing Bailey and Taylor matchups along with Earl and Rhodes. I started Ike for 9 consecutive weeks last year and he was great. No one is perfectly consistent. I do agree with Jene about the corners though. If you wanted to be obsessive and do careful research each week culminated with an educated gamble then, Smoot, Watkins (fs), Spencer, Marshall, and a few others could all be plugged in for matchups. I haven't done much of that in a dynasty because I can roster so many DBs, but you have the option on that list.

Two part question:

1) With Harper done, does Bullocks reap the rewards? If so, do I drop Boulware or Draft to pick him up?

2) I dropped B James to pick up D Smith in JAX, betting he'll land as MLB. I did, however, read that Gilbert might be the guy who ends at MLB. Should I drop Draft for Gilbert, essentially locking down the JAX MLB spot for the remainder of the year, or is Draft worth holding onto?

Thanks in advance and cheers!

:banned:

Two part question:1) With Harper done, does Bullocks reap the rewards? If so, do I drop Boulware or Draft to pick him up?2) I dropped B James to pick up D Smith in JAX, betting he'll land as MLB. I did, however, read that Gilbert might be the guy who ends at MLB. Should I drop Draft for Gilbert, essentially locking down the JAX MLB spot for the remainder of the year, or is Draft worth holding onto?Thanks in advance and cheers! :banned:
I wouldn't drop Bouwlare for Bullocks. I think they are roughly in the same tier, with Boulware having some big game potential,and past his bye.I'd hold Draft for now, and see if you get more info on JAX MLB as the week progresses. Del Rio sounded unsure, and you don't want to grab the wrong guy or worse, guys.

Another Harper situation if you will: I need to drop Roman for one of the following options.

M. Boulware

J. Bullocks

S. Schweigert

C. Chavous

Two part question:1) With Harper done, does Bullocks reap the rewards? If so, do I drop Boulware or Draft to pick him up?2) I dropped B James to pick up D Smith in JAX, betting he'll land as MLB. I did, however, read that Gilbert might be the guy who ends at MLB. Should I drop Draft for Gilbert, essentially locking down the JAX MLB spot for the remainder of the year, or is Draft worth holding onto?Thanks in advance and cheers! :banned:
Don't know if Bullocks reaps the reward or not. If Stoutmire is the SS, I'd say Bullocks gets a bump in value; if Bellamy returns, the effect may be minimal. I think I'd hold Boulware for now and let Bullocks show his value this week. And I don't know that I'd move Draft for Gilbert just yet, I think it's more likely that the Jags work Ingram into the mix and bring Smith inside than Gilbert to take over for the rest of the season. Jags have a bye this week anyway so there's no rush unless you're in a league full of sharks.

Another Harper situation if you will: I need to drop Roman for one of the following options. M. BoulwareJ. BullocksS. SchweigertC. Chavous
Schweigert. Been consistent despite some improvement by Huff and the Raiders showed a number of Big Nickel looks again this week. He looks to be more reliable than Boulware to me right now.

Chaos Commish said:
pretender said:
My other DB's are D Manning, Champ, Ike Taylor, Chavous, Earl, and K Rhodes Start 3
No need for a seventh DB as far as I can tell. Earl, Taylor and Bailey have outscored Harper 50% of the time anyway. All you lost was a situational starter who has probably been outscored by one of your bench players every week. While Champ and Taylor are keeping pace with Harper to this point (minus Bailey's one bad week), they both offer the chance at jackpot games. If I had this crew and my record was so so or poor, I would be starting Bailey, Taylor and Rhodes. If I was doing better, I would be playing Bailey and Taylor matchups along with Earl and Rhodes. I started Ike for 9 consecutive weeks last year and he was great. No one is perfectly consistent. I do agree with Jene about the corners though. If you wanted to be obsessive and do careful research each week culminated with an educated gamble then, Smoot, Watkins (fs), Spencer, Marshall, and a few others could all be plugged in for matchups. I haven't done much of that in a dynasty because I can roster so many DBs, but you have the option on that list.
Its a deep league-53 players so you carry alot of players. Maybe I'll use the roster spot for a project at some other position. It does cost a minimum bid each time you pick up a player so to pick a situational CB each week would cost. I was just trying to make sure I wasn't missing out on a DB that shouldn't be on the waiver wire. Thanks for the advice Jene and Chaos!

Chaos Commish said:
pretender said:
Its a deep league-53 players so you carry alot of players. Maybe I'll use the roster spot for a project at some other position. It does cost a minimum bid each time you pick up a player so to pick a situational CB each week would cost. I was just trying to make sure I wasn't missing out on a DB that shouldn't be on the waiver wire. Thanks for the advice Jene and Chaos!
No one on the Carlos Rogers bandwagon? He's had 3 weeks in a row with at least 6 solos. I activated him from the TS two weeks ago, and he's been solid so far. (16 team league, start 3 DB's). He's been a decent bye week filler for me. He's the #24 DB in my tackle heavy scoring system. If he stays in double digit scoring like he has, I think he's worth a pick up. I also think it's a matter of time before he gets some big plays as well, he was all over the field in the Philly game it seemed.

Just received an interesting trade proposal:

Donnie Edwards/Bledsoe for Chris Draft/M Vick

I've got Bulger and a Leftwich is on the FA wire. Is the downgrade from Vick to one of those guys worth upgrading from Draft to Edwards?

Thanks and cheers!

Options to pick up to replace Peterson are:

Crowell

Cole

Bracket

Thornton

Sims

Gold

Start 2 LB's, 1 pt per tackle .5 pt for asst, 4pts per Int or Sack.

I'm shying away from Sims because I already have Boss Bailey, getting someone with consistent tackles is huge so I'm leaning towards Bracket.

My league's scoring... We only start 3 defensive players each week with the following scoring...1pt tackle 1/2pt assist. 4pts for ints, sacks, 3pts fumble, fumble recovery, 1pt pass defended.

My team -

Keith Bullock. Every week start for me unless injured

Please rank the top 3 matchups for this coming weekend excluding Bullock. Also please rank the top 5 of the following players for their seasons output for the rest of the year - I need to work out who is worth a roster spot!

Chris Hope

Gibril Wilson

Sims

Mathis

Gold

L. Bodden

Tatapu

S. Jones

Peterson's replacement

My league's scoring... We only start 3 defensive players each week with the following scoring...1pt tackle 1/2pt assist. 4pts for ints, sacks, 3pts fumble, fumble recovery, 1pt pass defended.My team - Keith Bullock. Every week start for me unless injuredPlease rank the top 3 matchups for this coming weekend excluding Bullock. Also please rank the top 5 of the following players for their seasons output for the rest of the year - I need to work out who is worth a roster spot! Gibril Wilson Tatapu
Tatupu against the Rams. St Louis has been a good play for LBs.Wilson against the Falcons. Seems juicy to me. Those are your two best going forward too. I think the gap is enough to add them and roll with it until injury do you part...

Just received an interesting trade proposal:Donnie Edwards/Bledsoe for Chris Draft/M VickI've got Bulger and a Leftwich is on the FA wire. Is the downgrade from Vick to one of those guys worth upgrading from Draft to Edwards?Thanks and cheers! :banned:
:angry: This stinkin' post! :confused: What's your team's record? What's the scoring for td runs and passes? Is this a dynasty, keeper, redraft?

Help guys - just lost Roman Harper in my Zealot league - standard IDP scoring. Stoutmire is supposedly going to take his place - is he worth picking up for the year? Otherwise these are the top CB/S year to date.

1. Marshall, Richard CAR CB 34.65 3.00 14.00 17.65

2. Manning, Ricky CHI CB 27.4 2.00 17.20 8.20

3. Samuel, Asante NEP CB 27.3 5.00 5.50 16.80

4. Allen, Will MIA CB 27.1 5.00 18.10 4.00

5. Fletcher, Jamar DET CB 26.2 9.30 9.00 7.90

6. Kaesviharn, Kevin CIN S 22.7 15.70 7.00 B

7. Harris, Walt SFO CB 22.5 5.00 1.00 16.50

8. Rogers, Carlos WAS CB 21.5 8.00 6.50 7.00

9. Woodson, Charles GBP CB 21.1 5.20 9.85 6.05

10 Williams, Brian JAC CB 20.9 3.00 9.50 8.40

11. Thomas, Fred NOS CB 19.5 5.00 12.00 2.50

12. Townsend, Deshea PIT CB 19.5 16.00 B 3.50

13. Watkins, Pat DAL S 18.8 B 14.30 4.50

14. Sanders, Lewis HOU CB 18 11.00 7.00 B

15. David, Jason IND CB 17.6 7.60 7.50 2.50

16. Clark, Ryan PIT S 17.5 6.00 B 11.50

17. Holly, Daven CLE CB 17.5 7.00 3.00 7.50

18. Spencer, Shawntae SFO CB 17.5 7.50 8.00 2.00

19. Wright, Kenny WAS CB 17 5.00 3.50 8.50

20. McQuarters, R.W. NYG CB 15.7 13.70 B 2.00

21.. Cousin, Terry JAC CB 15.1 2.00 2.00 11.10

22. Hanson, Joselio PHI CB 15 2.50 9.50 3.00

23. Smoot, Fred MIN CB 15 5.00 5.00 5.00

24. Carter, Jerome STL S 14.3 5.00 4.30 5.00

25. Adams, Mike SFO S 14 3.00 5.00 6.00

26. Asomugha, Nnamdi OAK CB 14 B 11.00 3.00 3

27. Green, Eric ARI CB 14 2.00 12.00

28. Brown, Fakhir STL CB 13.5 7.00 6.50

29. Hill, Renaldo MIA S 13.5 5.50 4.00 4.00

30. Scott, Chad NEP CB 13.5 1.00 6.50 6.00

Who is worth rostering for the rest of the year. I don't pay too much attention to CB so I'm not sure if Marshall is the starting CB and will stay there or should I be looking at Fletcher (isn't he a fill-in for a hurt player.) A lot of up and down weeks for all these guys.

Thanks tons.

My league's scoring... We only start 3 defensive players each week with the following scoring...1pt tackle 1/2pt assist. 4pts for ints, sacks, 3pts fumble, fumble recovery, 1pt pass defended.My team - Keith Bullock. Every week start for me unless injuredPlease rank the top 3 matchups for this coming weekend excluding Bullock. Also please rank the top 5 of the following players for their seasons output for the rest of the year - I need to work out who is worth a roster spot! Gibril Wilson Tatapu
Tatupu against the Rams. St Louis has been a good play for LBs.Wilson against the Falcons. Seems juicy to me. Those are your two best going forward too. I think the gap is enough to add them and roll with it until injury do you part...
I think Hope is probably in the mix here as well, but I agree with CC.

Just received an interesting trade proposal:Donnie Edwards/Bledsoe for Chris Draft/M VickI've got Bulger and a Leftwich is on the FA wire. Is the downgrade from Vick to one of those guys worth upgrading from Draft to Edwards?Thanks and cheers! :banned:
:angry: This stinkin' post! :confused: What's your team's record? What's the scoring for td runs and passes? Is this a dynasty, keeper, redraft?
:lmao: I thought you had a crystal ball for these kinds of questions, CC!I'm 5-0 (#3 in scoring). 6 pts for all TD's, 1 pt per 25 yds passing, -2 for INT's. IDP scoring in signature. We keep only 1 offense and 1 defense player per year.Thanks and I'll try to be more thorough in the future -- cheers! :banned:

:lmao: Take it easy, big fella.I think Edwards/Bulger for Draft/Vick is a solid deal. CC's point about scoring system is solid though. If you get big points for QB rushing yards (bonuses, etc) and/or only 4pts per passing TD it's a little closer. I'm no fan of Vick's inconsistency, though, so take that opinion FWIW.

:lmao: Take it easy, big fella.I think Edwards/Bulger for Draft/Vick is a solid deal. CC's point about scoring system is solid though. If you get big points for QB rushing yards (bonuses, etc) and/or only 4pts per passing TD it's a little closer. I'm no fan of Vick's inconsistency, though, so take that opinion FWIW.
Hey Jene -It's actually Edwards/Bledsoe, so I imagine that might change your view some. Also, I addressed CC's legitimate questions above -- still very interested in hearing your feedback again.Thanks and cheers! :banned:

Which 3 should I start this week? Standard scoring applies (1pt/solo tackle, 3pts/FF, 1pt/PD)

K. Bulluck @ WAS

W. Witherspoon vs. SEA

M. Boley vs NYG

G. Hayes vs CHI

D. Ryans @ DAL

I am initially thinking of starting Bulluck, Ryans, and Boley.

1. I know that Ryans is coming off a bye so he should be well rested but I am not sure if the matchups is good one for him.

2. With all of them as LBs, I am looking on who has a solid running game that they are going against and would provide more chances for tackles.

3. With the exception of SEA, all of the above teams have a decent to strong running game that each of them will be facing.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gadzooks said:
Options to pick up to replace Peterson are:CrowellColeBracketThorntonSimsGoldStart 2 LB's, 1 pt per tackle .5 pt for asst, 4pts per Int or Sack.I'm shying away from Sims because I already have Boss Bailey, getting someone with consistent tackles is huge so I'm leaning towards Bracket.
Colts are on a bye this week if that matters for you. Scoring system is a bit skewed toward sacks, so you might consider guys like Adalius Thomas, Shaun Phillips, etc in the right matchup. Angelo Crowell, assuming his injury this weekend isn't significant, is a comparable option to Brackett.

Hey Jene -It's actually Edwards/Bledsoe, so I imagine that might change your view some. Also, I addressed CC's legitimate questions above -- still very interested in hearing your feedback again.Thanks and cheers! :banned:
Sorry I read too quickly -- thought Bulger was on the wire. Should've known that too good to be true. Obviously the deal isn't good as it would be if Bulger was available, but I still think it's worth doing. Edwards has a good shot at being of one your top three linebackers down the stretch and I think Vick and Leftwich will finish fairly close in weekly scoring at year's end. I'd probably start Bulger over Vick in nearly every situation because I can't stand the likelihood that Vick puts up a 5pt week. Some of that effect is blunted by your 5-0 record and top scoring team -- you can absorb a crappy week now and then playing for the big score -- but I still lean toward making the deal. You're essentially getting a shot at Edwards for close to nothing.

Help guys - just lost Roman Harper in my Zealot league - standard IDP scoring. Stoutmire is supposedly going to take his place - is he worth picking up for the year? Otherwise these are the top CB/S year to date.

IMO, Stoutmire will disappoint. He's worse than replacement level. Bullocks probably gets the bulk of the improved value here.

Who is worth rostering for the rest of the year. I don't pay too much attention to CB so I'm not sure if Marshall is the starting CB and will stay there or should I be looking at Fletcher (isn't he a fill-in for a hurt player.) A lot of up and down weeks for all these guys.

I didn't really like any of those options as a roster for the rest of the season type of player. Marshall is a good player but the current news out of Carolina suggests he'll still be a part-time player when Lucas returns to full health. I think I'd be looking at playing matchups when you need the extra guy -- your current six are as good/better than what's on the wire IMO. Consider a CB playing in Philadelphia, nickel corner playing Indy, etc.

Which 3 should I start this week? Standard scoring applies (1pt/solo tackle, 3pts/FF, 1pt/PD) K. Bulluck @ WAS W. Witherspoon vs. SEA M. Boley vs NYG G. Hayes vs CHI D. Ryans @ DAL I am initially thinking of starting Bulluck, Ryans, and Boley. 1. I know that Ryans is coming off a bye so he should be well rested but I am not sure if the matchups is good one for him. 2. With all of them as LBs, I am looking on who has a solid running game that they are going against and would provide more chances for tackles. 3. With the exception of SEA, all of the above teams have a decent to strong running game that each of them will be facing. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I'd start Bulluck, Ryans, and Hayes. I like Boley, too, but I'm a little leery of how he'll be used if Abraham plays. As well as he's played as a pass rusher/cover guy in the nickel defense, I'm not sure the Falcons won't send him to the bench in passing situations in favor of Brooking and Williams.Bulluck and Hayes are safe bets to return from down weeks and Ryans matchup against Dallas is fine. MLBs are averaging around 6 solos a game against the Cowboys, who should get a quick lead and run the ball the rest of the day.

Which 3 should I start this week? Standard scoring applies (1pt/solo tackle, 3pts/FF, 1pt/PD) K. Bulluck @ WAS W. Witherspoon vs. SEA M. Boley vs NYG G. Hayes vs CHI D. Ryans @ DAL I am initially thinking of starting Bulluck, Ryans, and Boley. 1. I know that Ryans is coming off a bye so he should be well rested but I am not sure if the matchups is good one for him. 2. With all of them as LBs, I am looking on who has a solid running game that they are going against and would provide more chances for tackles. 3. With the exception of SEA, all of the above teams have a decent to strong running game that each of them will be facing. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I'd start Bulluck, Ryans, and Hayes. I like Boley, too, but I'm a little leery of how he'll be used if Abraham plays. As well as he's played as a pass rusher/cover guy in the nickel defense, I'm not sure the Falcons won't send him to the bench in passing situations in favor of Brooking and Williams.Bulluck and Hayes are safe bets to return from down weeks and Ryans matchup against Dallas is fine. MLBs are averaging around 6 solos a game against the Cowboys, who should get a quick lead and run the ball the rest of the day.
Thanks for the insight. :thumbup:

Jene Bramel said:
Mr. Know-It-All said:
Jene Bramel said:
Mr. Know-It-All said:
That's not bad, assuming Mitchell rebounds. I don't know that I wouldn't flip Mitchell for Sims soon to be honest. I'm hoping to catch a KC game soon, because it doesn't make any sense to me. The matchups and rush attempts against suggest he should be producing at a much higher level. It's beginning to look like last season was his career season and that his overall game may have regressed back to his 2004 play.
I just flipped Mitchell for Sims. Another guy dropped Odell Thurman to pick up Sims, I then traded him Mitchell for Sims (he is a big KC homer). Thanks for the advice.

What is fair trade value for Vilma? I have him in a dynasty contract league and he has 3 years left on his deal at roughly 9% of total cap space with pretty standard scoring.

Just received an interesting trade proposal:

Donnie Edwards/Bledsoe for Chris Draft/M Vick

I've got Bulger and a Leftwich is on the FA wire. Is the downgrade from Vick to one of those guys worth upgrading from Draft to Edwards?

Thanks and cheers!

:lmao: Take it easy, big fella.

I think Edwards/Bulger for Draft/Vick is a solid deal. CC's point about scoring system is solid though. If you get big points for QB rushing yards (bonuses, etc) and/or only 4pts per passing TD it's a little closer. I'm no fan of Vick's inconsistency, though, so take that opinion FWIW.
Hey Jene -It's actually Edwards/Bledsoe, so I imagine that might change your view some. Also, I addressed CC's legitimate questions above -- still very interested in hearing your feedback again.

Thanks and cheers!

Sorry I read too quickly -- thought Bulger was on the wire. Should've known that too good to be true. Obviously the deal isn't good as it would be if Bulger was available, but I still think it's worth doing. Edwards has a good shot at being of one your top three linebackers down the stretch and I think Vick and Leftwich will finish fairly close in weekly scoring at year's end. I'd probably start Bulger over Vick in nearly every situation because I can't stand the likelihood that Vick puts up a 5pt week. Some of that effect is blunted by your 5-0 record and top scoring team -- you can absorb a crappy week now and then playing for the big score -- but I still lean toward making the deal. You're essentially getting a shot at Edwards for close to nothing.
I still don't think Jene has the deal right in his adled mind.This deal is receive Bledsoe Edwards give Vick Draft. So starting Bulger over Vick isn't an issue. It's giving Vick for Bledsoe/Edwards... with a Draft in the room.

Just to clarify my crankiness, it wasn't over the lack of information as much as the mental complication the deal causes me. On the surface this looks like a good move, but all of these players bother me a little. Is Bledsoe going to continue starting? How long? He cannot continue to give away games and play so poorly in the 4th quarter. I'm with Jene on Vick. Never owned him, never cared to. Draft has a lot of tackles. Edwards isn't looking like the same guy as others develop in that defense. That's the stuff that bugged me. You may find in a couple weeks you traded Vick and Draft for Edwards.

But sure... do it. :unsure:

I still don't think Jene has the deal right in his adled mind.

This deal is receive Bledsoe Edwards give Vick Draft. So starting Bulger over Vick isn't an issue. It's giving Vick for Bledsoe/Edwards... with a Draft in the room.

Just to clarify my crankiness, it wasn't over the lack of information as much as the mental complication the deal causes me. On the surface this looks like a good move, but all of these players bother me a little. Is Bledsoe going to continue starting? How long? He cannot continue to give away games and play so poorly in the 4th quarter. I'm with Jene on Vick. Never owned him, never cared to. Draft has a lot of tackles. Edwards isn't looking like the same guy as others develop in that defense. That's the stuff that bugged me. You may find in a couple weeks you traded Vick and Draft for Edwards.

While I don't dispute that my mind is easily addled, I'm okay on this one. :) I should've made clear in my original post that Bledsoe, IMO, is completely useless to me and that (Bulger originally) Byron Leftwich is close enough to Michael Vick that I think the deal is solid. In my mind, I see this deal as Leftwich/Edwards for Vick. Hence my point, similar to yours CC, that this deal may essentially net you Edwards for nothing if you replace Vick with Leftwich off the waiver wire. I'm not even considering Draft in the discussion because he may become useless in a couple of weeks and looks to be the 5th or 6th backer on GC's depth chart right now.

And I'm happy to take Leftwich/Edwards for Vick, especially when I've got Bulger in hand already.

Hmm. I really hate the QB piece of it.

Vick is less inconsistent than many people think, and Bledsoe has 1-2 more weeks left as a starter. Is Leftwich guaranteed to be yours due to waiver priority or something? He could disappear and leave you holding Bledsoe.

Can't you get more for Vick/Draft than that? Vick is a reasonable QB1, especially if passing TD's are <6 pts.

This deal is receive Bledsoe Edwards give Vick Draft. So starting Bulger over Vick isn't an issue. It's giving Vick for Bledsoe/Edwards... with a Draft in the room.

While I don't dispute that my mind is easily addled, I'm okay on this one. :) I should've made clear in my original post that Bledsoe, IMO, is completely useless to me and that (Bulger originally) Byron Leftwich is close enough to Michael Vick that I think the deal is solid. In my mind, I see this deal as Leftwich/Edwards for Vick. Hence my point, similar to yours CC, that this deal may essentially net you Edwards for nothing if you replace Vick with Leftwich off the waiver wire. I'm not even considering Draft in the discussion because he may become useless in a couple of weeks and looks to be the 5th or 6th backer on GC's depth chart right now.

And I'm happy to take Leftwich/Edwards for Vick, especially when I've got Bulger in hand already.
I appreciate the input guys -- I hate to belabor the issue, but now the other party says he's more interested in Daryl Smith instead of Draft... Do you still do the deal with the uncertainty of the JAX MLB (Smith/Ingram/Greisen/?)?As always, thanks for the help and cheers!

1.5 tack. .75 assist, 5 int , 4sack, 3 ff, 2 fr, 1 passdefend

Which one of these LB should I drop?

G. Hayes

E. Sims

E. Barton

I appreciate the input guys -- I hate to belabor the issue, but now the other party says he's more interested in Daryl Smith instead of Draft... Do you still do the deal with the uncertainty of the JAX MLB (Smith/Ingram/Greisen/?)?As always, thanks for the help and cheers!

Meh...that's pushing it. Smith in the middle is much, much better than Draft and will finish near enough to Edwards' production. No reason to make any lateral moves when your 5-0.

1.5 tack. .75 assist, 5 int , 4sack, 3 ff, 2 fr, 1 passdefendWhich one of these LB should I drop?G. HayesE. SimsE. Barton
I have no idea -- you should drop the one with the worst matchup but this week, they all have very good matchups. They are all about equal in this scoring system. I suppose I'd drop Hayes or Barton since both have a bye in Week 9. I'm leaning toward Hayes, but there's a small chance that Mangini moves to more 4-3 to stop the run which could put Barton in a worse fantasy position than he's currently in.

Users who are viewing this thread