What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 6 Coaches Corner (1 Viewer)

Dynasty Contract League (16 teams)Must start 2 DLs/LBs/DBs weeklyScoring format: T=1, A=0.5, Sack=2, Int=2, FF=2, FR=2, PD=1My current LBs:Keith Brooking ATLErnie Sims DETBrian Simmons CINIan Gold DENI've been thinking of possibly replacing Simmons this year with a bit more youth as I don't see him as Cincy's long-term solution at MLB.Available WW Options (in current order of preference):David Thornton TEN (5th year)EJ Henderson MIN (4th year)Landon Johnson CIN (3rd year)Shaun Phillip SDC (3rd year)Larry Foote PIT (5th year)Bradie James DAL (4th year)Abdul Hodge GBP ®Chad Greenway ®Should I make a swap?If yes, which veteran?, ...or is investing in one of the rookies a better long-term proposition?Thanks in advance!
Simmons is not the long term answer in the middle in Cincinnati for sure. Henderson and Thornton are both solid plays. Neither have a solid hold on future production though. I don't think you need to roster either of those rookies right now. Chances are they'll still be available later in the season after the bye week issues have passed.
Thanks Jene!Re: Future production, is Thornton's drawback because he's @ SLB?Wth EJ Henderson, will Chad Greenway's contract and 1st rounder status eventually supplant him?Also, do you believe Odell Thurman will ever be back in Cincy as MLB, such that Simmons would go back to WLB starter?

Is Thornton's drawback because he's @ SLB?

The Titans play a LOLB/ROLB alignment so Thornton gets some time on the weakside and he's part of the nickel packages -- so he's not a typical SLB in terms of default fantasy production. My concern with Thornton is threefold. First, Thornton lost his nickel job in Indy last season -- it's possible the same could happen with him next year, although I don't know that Stephen Tulloch will progress in coverage to the extent that Gary Brackett did. Second, although changing coaching staffs during a franchise quarterback's formative years isn't real smart, the Titans could boot Fisher and the defensive coaches while keeping Norm Chow around, which could throw Thornton into a totally different situation in 2007. Third, the Titans are going to have a hard time continuing to be this bad and most of Thornton's production is because he's on the field 60 snaps a game.

Wth EJ Henderson, will Chad Greenway's contract and 1st rounder status eventually supplant him?

I haven't seen anything in Henderson's (or Napoleon Harris') play that would make him an easy bench/move candidate next season. Greenway needs his speed and change of direction skills to succeed in this defensive scheme and he's unlikely to be himself until 2008. Couple that with his being slow to grasp the system this offseason anyway and it being unlikely that he'll be able to practice until training camp next year and I think Henderson is probably okay -- but yeah, a first round draftee hand picked to play WLB is a concern for EJ's future numbers.

Also, do you believe Odell Thurman will ever be back in Cincy as MLB, such that Simmons would go back to WLB starter?

The only thing currently for certain with Thurman is that Marvin Lewis is beyond pissed with him. He was a huge part of the Bengal run defense and youth movement. Lewis stripped his locker and gave it to an undrafted practice squad OL that got cut last week. Despite me being a Bengal fan and Thuman pimp, I have no idea how this one plays out. Ahmad Brooks is here and impressing, but he's been moved to SLB to provide help at a position destroyed by injury. That significantly stunts his progress at MLB. And then there's the ever-lingering question of whether the Bengals move to a 3-4 in 2007. Would Brooks and Thurman both play inside, leaving the 240 pounder who plays like a 225 pounder Simmons outside? I've wondered what Simmons' long term future is with this team since Landon Johnson came on board. He's clearly a WLB, though, so as soon as the Bengals get a better option at MLB, he should go back to Will. He won't be the MLB in 2007, but exactly where he plays isn't clear to me (3-4 ILB/OLB, 4-3 WLB, Bengals or elsewhere).

Last edited by a moderator:
1.5 tack. .75 assist, 5 int , 4sack, 3 ff, 2 fr, 1 passdefendWhich one of these LB should I drop?G. HayesE. SimsE. Barton
I have no idea -- you should drop the one with the worst matchup but this week, they all have very good matchups. They are all about equal in this scoring system. I suppose I'd drop Hayes or Barton since both have a bye in Week 9. I'm leaning toward Hayes, but there's a small chance that Mangini moves to more 4-3 to stop the run which could put Barton in a worse fantasy position than he's currently in.
In Zealots these three are ranked 15,16,17 (Sims, Barton, Hayes). I agree with breaking up the two with the same bye week. I like AZ's schedule a little better down the road, but not only do they both have good matchups this week, they both have potentially great fantasy playoff schedules. Does Dansby emerging take from Hayes? Probably. Does the possible change in NY happen? Probably not. I think Hayes is the right one to dump, but this could obviously go either way.

I took over a really bad dynasty team this year (finished 1-12 last year). To make matters worse, the previous owner had also traded away the top two rookie picks for players who did not pan out (Priest Holmes was one example), so as a result I was not able to grab top talent in the rookie draft. I've been spending all my time combing the waiver wire trying to find younger talent to try and rebuild the foundation for years to come. Not easy in a 40 man idp league. :) Anyway, enough background. Looking over the waiver wire I see Trent Cole is still out there and he is seriously outperforming two of the older DEs I'm still saddled with. Lance Johnstone and Grant Wistrom. Johnstone is 33, Wistrom 30. I haven't been able to see any Oakland games but replacing Johnstone with Trent Cole seems like a no brainer. I'm also considering cutting loose Wistrom and looking for some young offensive talent instead. What's the deal with Wistrom? Is Daryl Tapp getting more reps?

I took over a really bad dynasty team this year (finished 1-12 last year). To make matters worse, the previous owner had also traded away the top two rookie picks for players who did not pan out (Priest Holmes was one example), so as a result I was not able to grab top talent in the rookie draft. I've been spending all my time combing the waiver wire trying to find younger talent to try and rebuild the foundation for years to come. Not easy in a 40 man idp league. :) Anyway, enough background. Looking over the waiver wire I see Trent Cole is still out there and he is seriously outperforming two of the older DEs I'm still saddled with. Lance Johnstone and Grant Wistrom. Johnstone is 33, Wistrom 30. I haven't been able to see any Oakland games but replacing Johnstone with Trent Cole seems like a no brainer. I'm also considering cutting loose Wistrom and looking for some young offensive talent instead. What's the deal with Wistrom? Is Daryl Tapp getting more reps?
First, go get Cole right now if you're able. Really. Then come back and read the rest of my ramblings.This is really the only situation (complete rebuilding for next season at the earliest) where I think it's smart to stockpile young talent with little chance of top production in the current season this early. Normally, grabbing a young player getting few snaps at a position known to provide many in-season options every year isn't a good use of roster space. But when you've got players like Johnstone and Wistrom (and others it sounds like) who aren't going to help you in two seasons, you may as well drop/trade them and stock your roster with developmental players.Tapp is a great example. He's a guy that'll get more reps as the season goes on and has the talent to be a top 20 fantasy DE somewhere down the line. He's a guy you look to add and develop (kind of like an early extra draft pick) after the bye week issues pass and you've got a roster spot to play with even as a playoff contender.Cole -- well, Cole should be rostered in every league and every situation right now. Hope you've already rostered him if you were able.

I haven't been able to see any Oakland games but replacing Johnstone with Trent Cole seems like a no brainer. I'm also considering cutting loose Wistrom and looking for some young offensive talent instead. What's the deal with Wistrom? Is Daryl Tapp getting more reps?
I have Wistrom, started him once early, and have basically forgot about him. His numbers are pathetic to say the least. He is on the field as much as last year from what I have seen. Just not getting it done in the boxscore. It's pretty hard to recommend players for a 40 deep IDP league without seeing some names and availability. Yeah, Cole is a no brainer, and Johnstone is just about done.

Would you drop one of these LB for T. Cole?

We can play any combination of LB and DL for 4 spots. I always play all LB but is Cole a DL that should get consistant tackle numbers?

G. Hayes

E. Sims

E. Barton

1.5 tack. .75 assist, 5 int , 4sack, 3 ff, 2 fr, 1 passdefend

Would you drop one of these LB for T. Cole?We can play any combination of LB and DL for 4 spots. I always play all LB but is Cole a DL that should get consistant tackle numbers?G. HayesE. SimsE. Barton1.5 tack. .75 assist, 5 int , 4sack, 3 ff, 2 fr, 1 passdefend
Cole plays the run better than you'd think for his size, but he's still in rotation in Philadelphia and has no chance at reaching 90 solo tackles all three of those LBs do. At less than 3x tackle per sack, the LBs are the way to go unless you're convinced a given DE is about to have a multiple sack game. And since it's once in a blue paper moon that Julius Peppers gets to face Kurt Warner with Robert Gallery in single blocking schemes, you can probably ignore the defensive line altogether in this situation. Unless you like living dangerously and betting the no pass line against a hot dice man. ;)

First, go get Cole right now if you're able. Really. Then come back and read the rest of my ramblings.This is really the only situation (complete rebuilding for next season at the earliest) where I think it's smart to stockpile young talent with little chance of top production in the current season this early. Normally, grabbing a young player getting few snaps at a position known to provide many in-season options every year isn't a good use of roster space. But when you've got players like Johnstone and Wistrom (and others it sounds like) who aren't going to help you in two seasons, you may as well drop/trade them and stock your roster with developmental players.Tapp is a great example. He's a guy that'll get more reps as the season goes on and has the talent to be a top 20 fantasy DE somewhere down the line. He's a guy you look to add and develop (kind of like an early extra draft pick) after the bye week issues pass and you've got a roster spot to play with even as a playoff contender.Cole -- well, Cole should be rostered in every league and every situation right now. Hope you've already rostered him if you were able.
I'm going to try. It's a blind bid, so hopefully I bid high enough. I looked over the rest of the wire and don't see much else there on either side of the ball, so it's time to start working on trades. Maybe I can get someone to take Wistrom and Freeny off my hands. unfortunately neither of them have been performing well enough to sell high. Freeny might still have name value....

for one of my DP spots (can start any position there), i am having trouble deciding who to pick up to start this week (bye week issues). Who would you start out of:

Josh Bullocks, Glenn Earl, Mario Williams, Lewis Sanders, Ryan Clark, and Daniel Bullocks.

Settings:

1 tack, .5 assist, 2 int , 3 sack, 2 ff, 2 fr, 1 pass defended

MBH_14 said:
for one of my DP spots (can start any position there), i am having trouble deciding who to pick up to start this week (bye week issues). Who would you start out of:Josh Bullocks, Glenn Earl, Mario Williams, Lewis Sanders, Ryan Clark, and Daniel Bullocks.Settings:1 tack, .5 assist, 2 int , 3 sack, 2 ff, 2 fr, 1 pass defended
Some should prefer the Texans' DBs against the Cowboys, making Earl the best pick here, but I like Josh Bullocks against the Eagles.

I need some serious IDP help. We can start any 3 and I just lost Mike Peterson.

Scoring is:

1 pt per Tackle

.5 pt per assist

4 pts Sack

4 pts Pic

1 pt PaDef

3 pts FF

4 pts FBR

6 pts TD

Right now my line up is:

Urlacher-not really lighting up the IDP scores yet but could change vs AZ

Ad. Thomas-is always solid and can make the big play

A. Archuletta-just picked him up as I’m lacking consisting performance

I also have Brackett but he’s on a bye. My IDPs have been overall weak. I need some big plays. I noticed Trent Cole is a big favorite here and he’s available on my wire and we also get 4pts per sack. Is he a good start at NO? If so should I sit Archuletta? I also was thinking about picking up a Bears DL to play against AZ. Would this be better and go with T. Harris or A. Brown?

Or how about another LB sleeper? I need a frigging ball hawk cause my team is getting whipped right now and I need some production.

Thanks.

MBH_14 said:
for one of my DP spots (can start any position there), i am having trouble deciding who to pick up to start this week (bye week issues). Who would you start out of:Josh Bullocks, Glenn Earl, Mario Williams, Lewis Sanders, Ryan Clark, and Daniel Bullocks.Settings:1 tack, .5 assist, 2 int , 3 sack, 2 ff, 2 fr, 1 pass defended
I think either of the Bullocks boys will be solid this week. Both face reasonable matchups -- I'm leaning toward Josh. He'll see some plays downfield for sure and a fair amount of passes to TE/RB that he could clean up. It's similar to last week's matchup, when the Bucs threw to a TE/RB 11 times and Bullocks made 4 tackles on those plays in addition to contributing in run support.

I need some serious IDP help. We can start any 3 and I just lost Mike Peterson. Scoring is: 1 pt per Tackle.5 pt per assist4 pts Sack4 pts Pic1 pt PaDef3 pts FF4 pts FBR6 pts TDRight now my line up is:Urlacher-not really lighting up the IDP scores yet but could change vs AZAd. Thomas-is always solid and can make the big playA. Archuletta-just picked him up as I’m lacking consisting performanceI also have Brackett but he’s on a bye. My IDPs have been overall weak. I need some big plays. I noticed Trent Cole is a big favorite here and he’s available on my wire and we also get 4pts per sack. Is he a good start at NO? If so should I sit Archuletta? I also was thinking about picking up a Bears DL to play against AZ. Would this be better and go with T. Harris or A. Brown?Or how about another LB sleeper? I need a frigging ball hawk cause my team is getting whipped right now and I need some production. Thanks.
I'm not sure I like Cole's matchup this week against the Saints. Other than Aaron Kampman's three sacks, the Saints have protected Brees pretty well. But he's got the potential to throw up an awful big number. I think the Chicago matchup is better as the Cardinals are likely to be behind early. All the sacks against Arizona have come from DEs. Tackles Marcus Tubbs and Rod Coleman were all but shut out. Harris is obviously a better player than those two, but I'd lean toward Brown this week based on the trend. Rolling the dice with Cole isn't a bad option, but this might be one of those multiple sack weeks from Brown too.

Dynasty Contract League (16 teams)

Must start 2 DLs/LBs/DBs weekly

Scoring format: T=1, A=0.5, Sack=2, Int=2, FF=2, FR=2, PD=1

I'm evaluating a trade scenario involving each of the following options:

1. Alex Brown CHI DE vs. Derrick Burgess OAK DE

2. Keith Brooking ATL LB vs. Lance Briggs CHI LB

3. Glenn Earl HOU SS vs. Corey Chavous STL SS

Which choices have the best dynasty value in this format based on their situation?

Thanks in advance!

Dynasty Contract League (16 teams)Must start 2 DLs/LBs/DBs weeklyScoring format: T=1, A=0.5, Sack=2, Int=2, FF=2, FR=2, PD=1I'm evaluating a trade scenario involving each of the following options:1. Alex Brown CHI DE vs. Derrick Burgess OAK DE2. Keith Brooking ATL LB vs. Lance Briggs CHI LB3. Glenn Earl HOU SS vs. Corey Chavous STL SSWhich choices have the best dynasty value in this format based on their situation?Thanks in advance!
IMO...Brown slightly greater than Burgess this season. About equal 2007.Briggs better than Brooking by a fair amount now and long term. Some risk Briggs moves in the offseason.Earl = Chavous. Next to no long term value for either.

Anybody like Carlos Rogers, WAS or Sammy Knight, KC for a bye week fill in this week?

How about either for the rest of the season?

How about Jammer? He's scored 29, 28 and 25 pts the past 3 weeks with some pretty solid tackle numbers, can that keep up?

Just lost Harper for the season and have 2 other guys on bye so I'm hurting. These are about the best guys I can find on the waiver wire.

Average 3.5 pts per tackle

1 pt per assist

10 pts per big play

2 pts per PD

Thanks!

Anybody like Carlos Rogers, WAS or Sammy Knight, KC for a bye week fill in this week?How about either for the rest of the season?How about Jammer? He's scored 29, 28 and 25 pts the past 3 weeks with some pretty solid tackle numbers, can that keep up?Just lost Harper for the season and have 2 other guys on bye so I'm hurting. These are about the best guys I can find on the waiver wire.Average 3.5 pts per tackle1 pt per assist10 pts per big play2 pts per PDThanks!
Probably Rogers. The Titans are likely to fall behind and Shawn Springs may return this week which could bump Rogers' opportunities. Knight has been replaced by the youngsters for a couple of series here and there, so, despite his matchup, he is becoming too risky. Jammer is the big risk-reward candidate -- he could get you nothing or a bunch. The tackle trend is nice but puts him on pace to better his career numbers by 25%.

Choose 2 of these 3 LB's to startErnie Sims, Lofa Tatupu, Demeco Ryans
Scoring system would be helpful. If it's at any way skewed toward sacks, Tatupu and Ryans are easy picks. That's probably still the way I'd go in balanced systems, but all three should do fine with good matchups.

I'm in a bit of a spot. Jevon Kearse and Erasmus James both out for the year depleted my DL corps. Leaving me with Aaron Kampman, Mike Rucker, and Terrel Suggs. In the intervening weeks, I've acquired Ryan Denny and Mark Anderson. Kampman is on bye. Am I pretty much screwed this week with Suggs hurting, or is there WW help?

Here are the top AVAILABLE DL on the WW.

Jarvis Green

Darwin Walker

Kelley Gregg

Kevin Williams

I'm mostly of the opinion that I should just start Anderson, Suggs, and Denney, and hope Suggs plays. I have one remaining waiver pickup this week. Heavy weigh to sacks / FF. 1pt tackle/assist. Anyone have a less depressing option?

I'm in a bit of a spot. Jevon Kearse and Erasmus James both out for the year depleted my DL corps. Leaving me with Aaron Kampman, Mike Rucker, and Terrel Suggs. In the intervening weeks, I've acquired Ryan Denny and Mark Anderson. Kampman is on bye. Am I pretty much screwed this week with Suggs hurting, or is there WW help?Here are the top AVAILABLE DL on the WW.Jarvis GreenDarwin WalkerKelley GreggKevin WilliamsI'm mostly of the opinion that I should just start Anderson, Suggs, and Denney, and hope Suggs plays. I have one remaining waiver pickup this week. Heavy weigh to sacks / FF. 1pt tackle/assist. Anyone have a less depressing option?
Patriots and Vikings are on their bye this week also, which kills the two most attractive options. You could hope for another big week from Darwin Walker but the Saints have protected the quarterback fairly well up the middle (no DTs have a sack yet in 2006). Wouldn't be surprised if Suggs sits through the Week 7 bye -- he was gimping most of the second half -- so you may have your hand forced. I wouldn't expect him to practice at all this week if that limp was legit and not a deke; hopefully we'll hear far enough ahead of time to get a replacement in our lineups.

So much good advice in here that I'd like to seek some as well. I play in an IDP Dynasty and feel pretty comfortable with my LB's but am not sure if I should replace Derek Smith with someone with a little more upside.

He is currently my 5th LB so isn't used very often but I like that he is a consistent producer each week.

Here is my scoring system:

1 pt for solo

1 pt for asst

1 pt for p.d.

2 pts for ff or fr

2 pts for sack

3 pts for INT

Here is who is available:

EJ Henderson (he's been inconsistent thus far but am intrigued)

Chris Draft (not really a big fan but in good position for tackles with Morgan gone for the year)

Bradie James (alot of talk about him last year but hasn't impressed me at all)

Boss Bailey (broke out last week, always liked him as long as he can stay healthy)

I may just stick with Smith but figured I'd ask others opinions.

TIA...

Anybody like Carlos Rogers, WAS or Sammy Knight, KC for a bye week fill in this week?How about either for the rest of the season?How about Jammer? He's scored 29, 28 and 25 pts the past 3 weeks with some pretty solid tackle numbers, can that keep up?Just lost Harper for the season and have 2 other guys on bye so I'm hurting. These are about the best guys I can find on the waiver wire.Average 3.5 pts per tackle1 pt per assist10 pts per big play2 pts per PDThanks!
Probably Rogers. The Titans are likely to fall behind and Shawn Springs may return this week which could bump Rogers' opportunities. Knight has been replaced by the youngsters for a couple of series here and there, so, despite his matchup, he is becoming too risky. Jammer is the big risk-reward candidate -- he could get you nothing or a bunch. The tackle trend is nice but puts him on pace to better his career numbers by 25%.
I certainly like Rogers in a dynasty, but I'm not so sure this week. With Young at QB, does that help or hurt Rogers? I have a similar conundrum... I have to start two of C Bailey, S Spencer, C Rogers and L Sheppard. The Colts CB's didn't fare very well FF-wise against Tennessee in a close game. Can the Tennessee offense stay on the field enough for Rogers to score many points? That's why I'm also leaning away from Bailey, Oakand may not run enough plays, and they may well stay away from him. If Springs does in fact come back, do they go after him because he's coming off an injury? And throw away from Rogers?I like Sheppard and Spencer here, but sure am willing to hear other opinions. The reason I shy away from Lito is because he just had a killer week, and is due for a let down, although I like the matchup against N.O. Spencer didn't do much last week, but Ike Taylor from the LCB spot gainst SD last week had 7 solos and 2 PD's. I am hoping that SD continues to attack that side of the defense.

So much good advice in here that I'd like to seek some as well. I play in an IDP Dynasty and feel pretty comfortable with my LB's but am not sure if I should replace Derek Smith with someone with a little more upside. He is currently my 5th LB so isn't used very often but I like that he is a consistent producer each week.Here is my scoring system: 1 pt for solo1 pt for asst1 pt for p.d.2 pts for ff or fr2 pts for sack3 pts for INTHere is who is available:EJ Henderson (he's been inconsistent thus far but am intrigued)Chris Draft (not really a big fan but in good position for tackles with Morgan gone for the year)Bradie James (alot of talk about him last year but hasn't impressed me at all)Boss Bailey (broke out last week, always liked him as long as he can stay healthy)I may just stick with Smith but figured I'd ask others opinions.TIA...
Bailey is the only one I'd consider, but he's injury prone, although he may break out here. Draft I don't like in a dynasty, but he should be pretty good for this year.

So much good advice in here that I'd like to seek some as well. I play in an IDP Dynasty and feel pretty comfortable with my LB's but am not sure if I should replace Derek Smith with someone with a little more upside. He is currently my 5th LB so isn't used very often but I like that he is a consistent producer each week.Here is my scoring system: 1 pt for solo1 pt for asst1 pt for p.d.2 pts for ff or fr2 pts for sack3 pts for INTHere is who is available:EJ Henderson (he's been inconsistent thus far but am intrigued)Chris Draft (not really a big fan but in good position for tackles with Morgan gone for the year)Bradie James (alot of talk about him last year but hasn't impressed me at all)Boss Bailey (broke out last week, always liked him as long as he can stay healthy)I may just stick with Smith but figured I'd ask others opinions.TIA...
I don't know that the upside of any of those guys is high enough for you to give up the consistency you like in your LB5. Bailey and Henderson may have a little more upside, but Henderson hasn't capitalized yet and Bailey is the ultimate tease. If you want to mix it up and are feeling frisky with a bunch of studs at LB1-4, it's easier to take the risk on Bailey. If not, especially if you've got a contending team now, consistent but not flashy is probably the right way to go.

I have to start two of C Bailey, S Spencer, C Rogers and L Sheppard. The Colts CB's didn't fare very well FF-wise against Tennessee in a close game. Can the Tennessee offense stay on the field enough for Rogers to score many points? That's why I'm also leaning away from Bailey, Oakand may not run enough plays, and they may well stay away from him. If Springs does in fact come back, do they go after him because he's coming off an injury? And throw away from Rogers?I like Sheppard and Spencer here, but sure am willing to hear other opinions. The reason I shy away from Lito is because he just had a killer week, and is due for a let down, although I like the matchup against N.O. Spencer didn't do much last week, but Ike Taylor from the LCB spot gainst SD last week had 7 solos and 2 PD's. I am hoping that SD continues to attack that side of the defense.
I don't like the Philly corners on the road -- they become another average play without the increased chances of multiple passes defended. I understand the concern with Rogers and Bailey. Those defenses stay aggressive no matter how far ahead they are, rather than shifting into bend-don't-break mode. Still, Rogers has averaged around 5 tackles per game in those he's started. I think I'd start him over Lito.

I don't know that the upside of any of those guys is high enough for you to give up the consistency you like in your LB5. Bailey and Henderson may have a little more upside, but Henderson hasn't capitalized yet and Bailey is the ultimate tease. If you want to mix it up and are feeling frisky with a bunch of studs at LB1-4, it's easier to take the risk on Bailey. If not, especially if you've got a contending team now, consistent but not flashy is probably the right way to go.
Sounds good Jene and Rovers! Thanks for the input!

I have a trade question...here's the deal:

I give up:

Wes Welker
Michael Clayton
Shawne MerrimanI get:

Braylon Edwards
Olindo Mare
Jason TaylorPertinent scoring issues (Not a PPR):

WR: 15 yds/1 pt

WR: TD/6 pts

WR: Lost Fumble/-2 pts

D: Unassisted Tackle/1 pt

D: Sack/3 pts

D: INT/3 pts

D: FF&FR/2 pts

D: TD/6 pts

D: PD/1 pt

Not sure if Edwards is going to be valuable enough down the stretch. Any input? Also, there is no set amount of a certain defender that you have to use.

I give up:

Wes Welker
Michael Clayton
Shawne MerrimanI get:

Braylon Edwards
Olindo Mare

Not sure if Edwards is going to be valuable enough down the stretch. Any input? Also, there is no set amount of a certain defender that you have to use.
I am by no means an expert but I like this deal for you. I am very high on Edwards as he continues to grow each week and although I like what Welker has done so far he has alot of competition for receptions. Clayton has disappointed and may pick it up with a new QB at the helm but I still see him and Welker as less value then Braylon(especially if this is a keeper).Assuming you separate DL's and LB's, I like Taylor better then Merriman. Jason Taylor is a top 3 at his position and although Merriman has some big games, I find him to be pretty inconsistent and doesn't put up enough tackles to use him as a top LB option.

Just my 1.5 cents...

Rod Farva said:

I give up:

Wes Welker
Michael Clayton
Shawne MerrimanI get:

Braylon Edwards
Olindo Mare

You're easily getting the best player in this deal. Merriman isn't worth much in this scoring system -- he's boom/bust. Edwards has a shot at being a top 15 WR for many years. Clayton unfortunately continues to disappoint. I make the deal.

Big Log said:
Rod Farva said:

I give up:

Wes Welker
Michael Clayton
Shawne MerrimanI get:

Braylon Edwards
Olindo Mare

I am by no means an expert but I like this deal for you. I am very high on Edwards as he continues to grow each week and although I like what Welker has done so far he has alot of competition for receptions. Clayton has disappointed and may pick it up with a new QB at the helm but I still see him and Welker as less value then Braylon(especially if this is a keeper).Assuming you separate DL's and LB's, I like Taylor better then Merriman. Jason Taylor is a top 3 at his position and although Merriman has some big games, I find him to be pretty inconsistent and doesn't put up enough tackles to use him as a top LB option.

Just my 1.5 cents...
I like lineup questions so much more than trade questions. I always want to know every detail before deciding pro or con a trade. Dynasty or redraft, regardless of team strengths and weaknesses, this is a fairly balanced trade. It comes down to projecting seasons (and possibly futures) for the all but the kicker, whose value may or may not factor in.

Big Log makes a key comment regarding the differentiation of LBs and DLs. If they are split, I like this deal in a redraft and have misgivings in a dynasty, but would probably do it if my team was contending. If they aren't split, I would look at my depth at receiver, do the deal if I like it, nix it if I don't.

My IDP's in a ten team league:

R. Lewis

J. Peterson

K. Hamlin

R. Williams

S. Taylor

K. Bulluck

D. Ware

A. Pierce

T. Warren

R. Harrison

Start 2 flex, 3 DB, 3 LBs. Scoring as follows:

Tackle Solo (1)

Tackle Assist (0.5)

Sack (4)

Interception (6)

Fumble Force (3)

Fumble Recovery (5)

Touchdown (8)

Safety (10)

Pass Defended (1)

Block Kick (5)

+ 1 point for every 20 yards returned (punts, ints, fmb recoveries...)

My question is: is it worth it to drop Ware for Dansby...I am deep enough to make it thru this week but I got an itchy trigger finger.

Thank you in advance.

Nice site!

My IDP's in a ten team league: R. Lewis J. Peterson K. Hamlin R. Williams S. Taylor K. Bulluck D. Ware A. Pierce T. Warren R. Harrison Start 2 flex, 3 DB, 3 LBs. Scoring as follows:Tackle Solo (1)Tackle Assist (0.5)Sack (4)Interception (6)Fumble Force (3)Fumble Recovery (5)Touchdown (8)Safety (10)Pass Defended (1)Block Kick (5) + 1 point for every 20 yards returned (punts, ints, fmb recoveries...)My question is: is it worth it to drop Ware for Dansby...I am deep enough to make it thru this week but I got an itchy trigger finger. Thank you in advance. Nice site!
Unless I missed it, you don't have to start any DL -- boot Ty Warren for Dansby without a second thought. If you have to, Ware can go, even in that scoring system. It may be a couple of weeks before Dansby gets starter's reps, but he'll be worth the wait in all likelihood.

Big game for me, currently starting Tommie Harris, you guys have peaked my interest in Mark Anderson, who is available...should I make the change?

Sacks 4. solo 2, asst 1

TIA, JAM

Big game for me, currently starting Tommie Harris, you guys have peaked my interest in Mark Anderson, who is available...should I make the change?Sacks 4. solo 2, asst 1TIA, JAM
Ugh. Both of these guys are sort of dependent on sacks and your scoring is weighted for tackles. Harris seems more likely to get a few non-sack related tackles, and he plays more downs, and he might be determined to see the boxscore again after last week's goose egg. I'd stick with Harris.

Rod Farva said:

I give up:

Wes Welker
Michael Clayton
Shawne MerrimanI get:

Braylon Edwards
Olindo Mare

You're easily getting the best player in this deal. Merriman isn't worth much in this scoring system -- he's boom/bust. Edwards has a shot at being a top 15 WR for many years. Clayton unfortunately continues to disappoint. I make the deal.
The setup, defensively, is actually that we start 6 defensive players from any position. My thoughts are usually to stick with LBs since they have the most consistency. Thanks for the input!

I need a voice of reason in determining who to start this week -

points are 1 pt UT, 1/2 pt per AT (Defensive Linemen only), 2 pts per sack (first two sacks), int, safety, 1 point per half sack, 3 points for third sack and each additional sack, 6 pts per td.

Start 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB and one flex.

My IDPs (not on bye) -

DL - Grant, Schobel, Umenyiora

LB - Ryans, Witherspoon, Sims, Howard

DB - Boulware, Dunta Robinson, Kiel, Shaun Williams, Atogwe (if Williams is downgraded to OUT or DOUBTFUL I have claim on Schweigert)

I am leaning toward -

DL Grant and Schobel (I truly think this is the week that Schobel breaks through against a depleted Lions line...but I just got Umenyiora in a trade and he is also due)

LB - Ryans, Howard (I can use Witherspoon or Sims at flex)

DB - Boulware, Dunta robinson (but I could just as easily justify Atogwe if I didn't think SEA was going to shy away from the run or Schweigert if Shaun Williams is downgraded, the only guy I have ruled out is Kiel)

flex - complete dilemma. Either Witherspoon vs SEA or Sims vs Buf. Witherspoon a little nicked up and SEA should pass a lot in absence of SA which could deflate Witherspoon...unless those passes are going to TE. Sims should be extremely active against BUF.

So, I am thinking -

Grant, Schobel (bench Umenyiora)

Ryans, Howard, Sims (bench Witherspoon)

Boulware, Dunta Robinson (bench Kiel and Atogwe)

I tend to overthink things, so someone please be a voice of reason.

1 pt solo tackle/PD, 2 pt FF/sack, 3 pt INT/FR, zero pt assists

Start 4 of these 6:

E. Barton vs. Dolphins

K. Brooking vs. Giants

A. Crowell @ Lions

Derrick Johnson @ Steelers

Z. Thomas @ Jets

D. Thornton @ Redskins

Right now I have Crowell and Johnson benched, right call?

points are 1 pt UT, 1/2 pt per AT (Defensive Linemen only), 2 pts per sack (first two sacks), int, safety, 1 point per half sack, 3 points for third sack and each additional sack, 6 pts per td.Start 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB and one flex.DL - Grant, Schobel, UmenyioraLB - Ryans, Witherspoon, Sims, HowardDB - Boulware, Dunta Robinson, Kiel, Shaun Williams, Atogwe (if Williams is downgraded to OUT or DOUBTFUL I have claim on Schweigert)
Osi, GrantWitherspoon, Ryans, SimsBoulware, RobinsonCan't bench Osi on most teams, especially yours where all three are underachieving. I have more confidence in Grant than Schobel at this point.I start Spoon and Ryans every week if I am you. Sims v Howard is a tough call this week. I like Sims better overall, so he's my pick. I can understand Howard against Denver though.Those are some coin flippable DBs (excluding Kiel), but Dunta should have a busy day, and I favor Boulware for health reasons over Williams. I don't trust foot injuries, but it doesn't look like he'll be downgraded.

1 pt solo tackle/PD, 2 pt FF/sack, 3 pt INT/FR, zero pt assistsStart 4 of these 6:E. Barton vs. DolphinsK. Brooking vs. GiantsA. Crowell @ LionsDerrick Johnson @ SteelersZ. Thomas @ JetsD. Thornton @ RedskinsRight now I have Crowell and Johnson benched, right call?
I don't think so. Crowell is putting up nice numbers, and I like DJ a lot this week. He could be huge. I'd bench Brooking first. Start Zach always. Start DJ this week for sure. I struggle to pick two from Thornton, Crowell and Barton. I don't really care for any strong enough to worry about it. Sincy you had Crowell out originally, then go with Barton and Thornton. It should/could be the right call. Good luck!

1 pt solo tackle/PD, 2 pt FF/sack, 3 pt INT/FR, zero pt assistsStart 4 of these 6:E. Barton vs. DolphinsK. Brooking vs. GiantsA. Crowell @ LionsDerrick Johnson @ SteelersZ. Thomas @ JetsD. Thornton @ RedskinsRight now I have Crowell and Johnson benched, right call?
I don't think so. Crowell is putting up nice numbers, and I like DJ a lot this week. He could be huge. I'd bench Brooking first. Start Zach always. Start DJ this week for sure. I struggle to pick two from Thornton, Crowell and Barton. I don't really care for any strong enough to worry about it. Sincy you had Crowell out originally, then go with Barton and Thornton. It should/could be the right call. Good luck!
I was thinking with the Lions' depleted o-line and Jones' problems, they would have little success running the ball and might abandon it altogether.

Big game for me, currently starting Tommie Harris, you guys have peaked my interest in Mark Anderson, who is available...should I make the change?Sacks 4. solo 2, asst 1TIA, JAM
Ugh. Both of these guys are sort of dependent on sacks and your scoring is weighted for tackles. Harris seems more likely to get a few non-sack related tackles, and he plays more downs, and he might be determined to see the boxscore again after last week's goose egg. I'd stick with Harris.
Agree.

I need a voice of reason in determining who to start this week -points are 1 pt UT, 1/2 pt per AT (Defensive Linemen only), 2 pts per sack (first two sacks), int, safety, 1 point per half sack, 3 points for third sack and each additional sack, 6 pts per td.Start 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB and one flex.My IDPs (not on bye) -DL - Grant, Schobel, UmenyioraLB - Ryans, Witherspoon, Sims, HowardDB - Boulware, Dunta Robinson, Kiel, Shaun Williams, Atogwe (if Williams is downgraded to OUT or DOUBTFUL I have claim on Schweigert)I am leaning toward -DL Grant and Schobel (I truly think this is the week that Schobel breaks through against a depleted Lions line...but I just got Umenyiora in a trade and he is also due)LB - Ryans, Howard (I can use Witherspoon or Sims at flex)DB - Boulware, Dunta robinson (but I could just as easily justify Atogwe if I didn't think SEA was going to shy away from the run or Schweigert if Shaun Williams is downgraded, the only guy I have ruled out is Kiel)flex - complete dilemma. Either Witherspoon vs SEA or Sims vs Buf. Witherspoon a little nicked up and SEA should pass a lot in absence of SA which could deflate Witherspoon...unless those passes are going to TE. Sims should be extremely active against BUF.So, I am thinking -Grant, Schobel (bench Umenyiora)Ryans, Howard, Sims (bench Witherspoon)Boulware, Dunta Robinson (bench Kiel and Atogwe)I tend to overthink things, so someone please be a voice of reason.
I could make an argument for/against any of your DL. I think I'd start Osi over Grant as speed rushers have gotten to Vick fairly consistently over the past year, but it's really hard to feel comfortable with Schobel in rotation, even with the best matchup of the three. I might make Schobel prove he can produce in rotation before trusting him in the lineup. His tackle stats just aren't likely to be there.I guess I understand Howard in the lineup. Even though Denver hasn't been a great matchup for LBs so far, any team with a decent running game makes the Oakland LBs a good play. Still, I think I'd play Witherspoon. There's nobody else making tackles up front or at LB for them (Pisa's elbow issue will continue to limit him) and the Seahawks have been a fine matchup for LBs, pass happy or no. I agree that your flex should come from this position, but I think it's Witherspoon and not Howard.I don't disagree with your DB leanings. Hopefully, you'll get a shot at Schweigert for Boulware. I think Robinson will be a good play this weekend again, regardless of how close the game is. He's usually solid in run support and the Cowboys WR aren't the best blocking group by any stretch.

At first look, I'd have benched Brooking, but I think he's a starter on closer inspection. I think the decision is probably between Thornton and Johnson. I think one of the KC LBs is going to have a very good week this week. Given the current trend and Heath Miller, I think it's more likely to be Johnson. The Skins haven't been as consistent a matchup as one would think. I think I probably sit Thornton and Crowell. I don't see either as ten solo potential this week. The others do.

Is Thornton's drawback because he's @ SLB?

The Titans play a LOLB/ROLB alignment so Thornton gets some time on the weakside and he's part of the nickel packages -- so he's not a typical SLB in terms of default fantasy production. My concern with Thornton is threefold. First, Thornton lost his nickel job in Indy last season -- it's possible the same could happen with him next year, although I don't know that Stephen Tulloch will progress in coverage to the extent that Gary Brackett did. Second, although changing coaching staffs during a franchise quarterback's formative years isn't real smart, the Titans could boot Fisher and the defensive coaches while keeping Norm Chow around, which could throw Thornton into a totally different situation in 2007. Third, the Titans are going to have a hard time continuing to be this bad and most of Thornton's production is because he's on the field 60 snaps a game.

Wth EJ Henderson, will Chad Greenway's contract and 1st rounder status eventually supplant him?

I haven't seen anything in Henderson's (or Napoleon Harris') play that would make him an easy bench/move candidate next season. Greenway needs his speed and change of direction skills to succeed in this defensive scheme and he's unlikely to be himself until 2008. Couple that with his being slow to grasp the system this offseason anyway and it being unlikely that he'll be able to practice until training camp next year and I think Henderson is probably okay -- but yeah, a first round draftee hand picked to play WLB is a concern for EJ's future numbers.

Also, do you believe Odell Thurman will ever be back in Cincy as MLB, such that Simmons would go back to WLB starter?

The only thing currently for certain with Thurman is that Marvin Lewis is beyond pissed with him. He was a huge part of the Bengal run defense and youth movement. Lewis stripped his locker and gave it to an undrafted practice squad OL that got cut last week. Despite me being a Bengal fan and Thuman pimp, I have no idea how this one plays out. Ahmad Brooks is here and impressing, but he's been moved to SLB to provide help at a position destroyed by injury. That significantly stunts his progress at MLB. And then there's the ever-lingering question of whether the Bengals move to a 3-4 in 2007. Would Brooks and Thurman both play inside, leaving the 240 pounder who plays like a 225 pounder Simmons outside? I've wondered what Simmons' long term future is with this team since Landon Johnson came on board. He's clearly a WLB, though, so as soon as the Bengals get a better option at MLB, he should go back to Will. He won't be the MLB in 2007, but exactly where he plays isn't clear to me (3-4 ILB/OLB, 4-3 WLB, Bengals or elsewhere).
So, based on ability, current play/situation, and limited knowledge of future situation on each, I'm inclined to rate them:1. Thornton

2. Henderson

3. Simmons

FYI-Henderson's in a contract year year if I'm not mistaken.

So, based on ability, current play/situation, and limited knowledge of future situation on each, I'm inclined to rate them:1. Thornton2. Henderson3. SimmonsFYI-Henderson's in a contract year year if I'm not mistaken.
You're right about Henderson's contract situation. I don't know how I'd rank those three guys for 2007, but I think that ranking works until the Bengals find a SLB to take some of the heat off Simmons. Then he's at least even to Henderson for the remainder of this season. Poor MLB or not, that position is gold in Cincinnati.

At first look, I'd have benched Brooking, but I think he's a starter on closer inspection. I think the decision is probably between Thornton and Johnson. I think one of the KC LBs is going to have a very good week this week. Given the current trend and Heath Miller, I think it's more likely to be Johnson. The Skins haven't been as consistent a matchup as one would think. I think I probably sit Thornton and Crowell. I don't see either as ten solo potential this week. The others do.
This is a solid second opinion. We see it differently, but it's not easy. We both bench Crowell. You go with Brooking where I start Thornton. Side bet? :boxing:

Chaos Commish said:
Jene Bramel said:
McGarnicle said:
This is a solid second opinion. We see it differently, but it's not easy. We both bench Crowell. You go with Brooking where I start Thornton. Side bet? :boxing:
Looking to go double or nothing, are you? ;) What fun is it if you can't put your i-reputation where your keyboard is? Sure -- let's get it on. :football:

Chaos Commish said:
Looking to go double or nothing, are you? ;) What fun is it if you can't put your i-reputation where your keyboard is? Sure -- let's get it on. :football:
Same stakes as last time. Douible or nothing sounds perfect. :lol:To clarify your loophole from last time, we use McGarnicle's scoring. :yes: Btw, I expect the Wash offense to dominate ToP in that game and base my high hopes for Thornton on that assumption. To a lesser degree I expect Atl to win the ToP war with the Giants, lessening Brooking's involvement.

Users who are viewing this thread