What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:MERGED: Perry's back this week, right? (1 Viewer)

I'm thinking of picking him up in my deep keeper league, but somehow I doubt he'll ever get a chance at being the guy unless through injury.

I'm thinking of picking him up in my deep keeper league, but somehow I doubt he'll ever get a chance at being the guy unless through injury.
In PPR, he can be a pretty nice bye week cover though. If he ever starts(like Lamont Jordan) then it's gravy

Even if he's not "the guy" he gets a lot of looks. There is even talk of him being played at Wr too. :thumbup:

:lmao: Sorry I didn't expand on that. I actually have Perry and I am deciding if I should bench Leon Washington for him this week. Perry could easily get 6 recpetions. In fact, his arrival could very well decrease TJ and Chad's reception totals.
I have him too. He hasn't played in a long time, I'm giving him a "show me" week. I also have Leon, quit copying me :) Did you bench Shockey this week too?I don't think he hurts the WR value at all but instead helps. They need a little "spice" to their passing game, it's been pretty vanilla lately. I'd settle for a gimmick play even

:lmao: Sorry I didn't expand on that. I actually have Perry and I am deciding if I should bench Leon Washington for him this week. Perry could easily get 6 recpetions. In fact, his arrival could very well decrease TJ and Chad's reception totals.
I have him too. He hasn't played in a long time, I'm giving him a "show me" week. I also have Leon, quit copying me :) Did you bench Shockey this week too?I don't think he hurts the WR value at all but instead helps. They need a little "spice" to their passing game, it's been pretty vanilla lately. I'd settle for a gimmick play even
:hijacked: I only have Shockey for his good years. This is his off year. I had him last year. ;) Although, he had a good game last week.

:hijacked: I only have Shockey for his good years. This is his off year. I had him last year. ;) Although, he had a good game last week.
he still looks like Johnny Bravo to me

I have him too. He hasn't played in a long time, I'm giving him a "show me" week. I also have Leon, quit copying me :) Did you bench Shockey this week too?

I don't think he hurts the WR value at all but instead helps. They need a little "spice" to their passing game, it's been pretty vanilla lately. I'd settle for a gimmick play even
he still looks like Johnny Bravo to me
continued :hijacked: Ya know who looks like a young Shockey (appearance wise)? Tim Tebow from UF.

You sure?Marvin was pretty non-committal in his press conference yesterday.
since the post, I looked at my league. MFL's player news has him back toohttp://football35.myfantasyleague.com/2006...3646&P=7416
It says "if ready to play". I don't know where you're getting that he's back from that.Marvin was asked yesteray if Perry would be rostered on Wednesday, and my interpretation of Marvin's answer was "maybe, maybe not".

Last edited by a moderator:
Link

Perry's return would boost offense

BY MARK CURNUTTE | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

T

hough the Bengals' offense looks like a game of last man standing, it could get a boost as early as Sunday with the return of playmaking tailback Chris Perry.

Perry is eligible to return this week from the physically unable to perform (PUP) list. It is a six-week reserve designation for injured players in the NFL. Coach Marvin Lewis said a decision about Perry could be announced Wednesday.

If healthy - Perry is believed to be strong after undergoing knee and ankle surgeries in April - he could begin practicing with the team Wednesday afternoon and play Sunday against Carolina.

The Bengals would need to create a spot on the 53-man roster. The 53rd spot was filled Saturday when rookie safety John Busing was signed off the Bengals' practice squad. He played special teams Sunday at Tampa Bay and drew Lewis' praise Monday for his performance.

But Perry is the man the offense needs. It has just three healthy wide receivers for the Panthers game. The offensive line took another hit Monday when Lewis announced left tackle Levi Jones would be out and might need arthroscopic knee surgery.

Perry accounted for 641 yards of total offense last season, 361 on 51 receptions. Lewis said there was a chance Perry would work as a wide receiver Sunday.

"There's a chance he could be activated, and we'll see," Lewis said.

Perry could provide a breakaway threat on third down that the reliable Kenny Watson doesn't posses. As a receiver out of the backfield, Perry has the ability to make the first tackler miss. He had two long touchdowns last season called back because of questionable penalty calls on blocks.

NFL teams have a three-week window before they have to make a decision on a player coming off PUP. Lewis said the two other players on the PUP list, defensive end Jonathan Fanene and offensive lineman Adam Kieft, would not be ready to return to action. They could be put on the season-ending injured reserve list at the end of their three-week practice window.

You sure?Marvin was pretty non-committal in his press conference yesterday.
since the post, I looked at my league. MFL's player news has him back toohttp://football35.myfantasyleague.com/2006...3646&P=7416
It says "if ready to play". I don't know where you're getting that he's back from that.
good point. I just glanced quickly I suppose.However, the WR talk, would have no basis if he doesn't play and Watson hasn't done too much. Surely we'll get more info by the weekend but I do think Wheels will be right even if he misread or misheard something.

Also Kelley Washington is now out for this week's game with a hammy leaving them Housh, Chad, and probably Chatman if he returns. I'd say they're pretty desperate for him to play WR. Can't find it but I did see an article this morning on their 3rd down struggles too. It mentioned his return as likely....one sec

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...SPT02/610170345

gump said:
Any Rudi owners concerned at all about Perry's return?
Perry's window to win the job, or at best get meaningful carries, is long gone.
Agree on the first, but he sure could get meaningful carries especially as the playoffs near. Just one series or a handful of plays where Rudi gets to cool his jets would help immensely

shuke said:
gump said:
Not really.
Perry will vulture a few just because he's in on 3rd downs.
The only thing Perry is vulturing is ice packs in the trainers room. If Perry finishes the year on the active roster it will be considered an act of God. Seconds until Otis comes in telling us Perry is "staying healthy" away from being a top 5 RB...3....2...

Chris Perry is a compliment to Rudi Johnson, not a threat. Perry caught 50+ balls last year. Rudi (who saw the field for many more plays), caught about 30. Rudi carries the rock. Perry catches it.

How do folks compare Perry's (non-PPR) balance of the year, redraft value vs. either Maurice Drew or Norwood??

I put them at:

Drew

Perry

Norwood.

Thus, plan on cutting Norwood for Perry. My premise is that Perry should be more productive week-in-week-out as the Bengals need him to win games (and the Bengals are finding it more difficult to win games this year), whilst Norwood is only productive to the extent that the Falcons are looking to "run out" games.

shuke said:
gump said:
Not really.
The only thing Perry is vulturing is ice packs in the trainers room. If Perry finishes the year on the active roster it will be considered an act of God. Seconds until Otis comes in telling us Perry is "staying healthy" away from being a top 5 RB...3....2...
Who are you again?Chris Perry is as talented as any back in the league. I don't have a crystal ball and I'm not in the business of prediciting health/injuries. But don't be surprised if he absolutely blows up in the next two years and turns out to be a monstrous value play in dynasty leagues.

shuke said:
gump said:
Not really.
Who are you again?Chris Perry is as talented as any back in the league. I don't have a crystal ball and I'm not in the business of prediciting health/injuries. But don't be surprised if he absolutely blows up in the next two years and turns out to be a monstrous value play in dynasty leagues.
Your Daddy.I'll assume, you think Mike Williams is about to explode in the next few years. Hey, talent is all that matters!When Chris Perry and Mike Williams are leading you to a FF championship, get back to me.

There's only one person I know who brings this little to the table.

$10 says Peens alias.

shuke said:
gump said:
Not really.
Stuff doesn't happen in a vacuum. Getting Perry back can only mean better things for the offense as a whole, which may mean more carries for Rudi. I don't think Rudi owners were too "concerned" last year with Perry playing 14 games.

shuke said:
gump said:
Not really.
Stuff doesn't happen in a vacuum. Getting Perry back can only mean better things for the offense as a whole, which may mean more carries for Rudi. I don't think Rudi owners were too "concerned" last year with Perry playing 14 games.
Actually, to be honest, I think at one point they were. He looked great in limited action last year, and they started inserting him into the game in key situations. Rudi owners were very concerned about Perry last year. His botched offseason surgery, and Rudi's stellar play, have erased those concerns.

gump said:
X
How so?
He's too good to keep on the sidelines. At a minimum I expect "meaningful carries." Minimum.
I'd like to see it, but I just don't envision Marvin giving him that much work. The guy has been healthy for 16 out of a possible 38 games since his career started.

gump said:
X
How so?
He's too good to keep on the sidelines. At a minimum I expect "meaningful carries." Minimum.
I'd like to see it, but I just don't envision Marvin giving him that much work. The guy has been healthy for 16 out of a possible 38 games since his career started.
We're not asking Marvin to gamble on his health, nor are we suggesting Marvin will trade away Rudi. But if he has a currently-healthy Chris Perry on the sideline, I have no doubt he will play, and play quite a bit.He adds too much to that offense to not play him.

shuke said:
Bri said:
shuke,

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...SPT02/610170331

there it says Marvin will make an announcement on Perry's status on Wednesday, so.... give it a day for official word
That's what I'm getting at. No one can say today if he'll be back this week. Just advising to take info from posters with a grain of salt.
fair enough. Still think it's only a matter of making it official though
If you believe Chad Johnson, it's already official. I don't know if Marvin would be happy that he let the cat out of the bag (now that Carolina will be able to prepare for him), but he did just that.C.J. was on Sirius NFL Radio today, talking with Bruce Murray and Moose Johnston. He was speaking about their problems on offense, then he said: "We're getting Chris Perry back this week, and Chris Henry next week. Perry's gonna help us out at wide receiver."

This makes sense, since Henry is suspended for one more game, and Kelley Washington has a hamstring injury. My flex options are very limited this week due to byes, so I'll probably roll with Perry and cross my fingers.

shuke said:
gump said:
Not really.
I agree that the offense improves overall with Perry on the field.However as a Rudi owner last year I was very "concerned" when Perry vultured TDs that I of course wanted Rudi to have, one of which cost me a game(yeah, yeah point to the shirt). As a Rudi owner again this yearI will have the same concerns if/when Perry comes back. For the record I did claim Perry off waivers as a handcuff a couple weeks ago.

shuke said:
gump said:
Not really.
I agree that the offense improves overall with Perry on the field.However as a Rudi owner last year I was very "concerned" when Perry vultured TDs that I of course wanted Rudi to have, one of which cost me a game(yeah, yeah point to the shirt). As a Rudi owner again this yearI will have the same concerns if/when Perry comes back. For the record I did claim Perry off waivers as a handcuff a couple weeks ago.
How exactly did Perry vulture TDs from Rudi?Perry had a total of 2 TDs last year and both were receiving TDs. Rudi has never had a receiving TD so to think those should have been his are a bit of a stretch.

shuke said:
Bri said:
shuke,

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...SPT02/610170331

there it says Marvin will make an announcement on Perry's status on Wednesday, so.... give it a day for official word
That's what I'm getting at. No one can say today if he'll be back this week. Just advising to take info from posters with a grain of salt.
fair enough. Still think it's only a matter of making it official though
If you believe Chad Johnson, it's already official. I don't know if Marvin would be happy that he let the cat out of the bag (now that Carolina will be able to prepare for him), but he did just that.C.J. was on Sirius NFL Radio today, talking with Bruce Murray and Moose Johnston. He was speaking about their problems on offense, then he said: "We're getting Chris Perry back this week, and Chris Henry next week. Perry's gonna help us out at wide receiver."

This makes sense, since Henry is suspended for one more game, and Kelley Washington has a hamstring injury. My flex options are very limited this week due to byes, so I'll probably roll with Perry and cross my fingers.
thanks for the update

shuke said:
gump said:
Not really.
How exactly did Perry vulture TDs from Rudi?Perry had a total of 2 TDs last year and both were receiving TDs. Rudi has never had a receiving TD so to think those should have been his are a bit of a stretch.
Just the fact that Rudi didn't get them and another RB did is I guess what irked me.A stretch? Probably. Maybe vulture is the wrong word. It just sucked to look up the stats and see Perry get the TD(I'm in a TD heavy league). I suppose it could have been any 3rd down pass-catching RB, since Rudi apparently doesn't have that skill.

Bengals waive RB Wilson

The Bengals this afternoon announced that they have waived first-year tailback Quincy Wilson of West Virginia.

Wilson played in three games this season, with 2 rushes for 2 net yards and one special teams tackle. The Bengals now have one spot open on the 53-player roster.

The move leaves one spot open on the 53-man roster. That space is expected to be filled by tailback Chris Perry, who is expected to be removed from the physically unable to perform list and moved to the 53-man roster in time to play Sunday against Carolina.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/benga...e-rb-wilson.asp

PERRY READY: More evidence that running back Chris Perry is going to be activated for Sunday’s game from the physically unable to perform list. The club waived running back Quincy Wilson on Thursday and probably will re-sign him to the practice squad while making room for Perry on the 53-man roster.

The question doesn’t look to be if Perry is going to play Sunday against Carolina, but where? Before practice Thursday, Perry told Fox 19 what he said last week. He’s ready to play after returning to practice this week for the first time since last season, it’s just up to the coaches.

Last year they often split him out as a receiver and there could be a steady diet of that with only three veteran wide receivers probable for Sunday and one them, not practicing.

“I think I can give Carson (Palmer) another option to throw the ball, hand off, or just another option in general for (offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski) to make a decision on what play call to make,” said Perry, who missed the spring and summer with knee and ankle injuries.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5600

there are two things you can depend on in this world

Christmas Day coming on December 25th

and

Christmas Perry hype on the FBG boards

Users who are viewing this thread