What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

St. Louis Cardinals vs. Detroit Tigers (1 Viewer)

Eviloutsider

Footballguy
WORLD SERIES

St. Louis Cardinals vs. Detroit Tigers

Gm Date Site Time (TV)/Result

1 Sat. Oct. 21 @ DET 7:30 p.m. ET (FOX)

TBD vs. Verlander

2 Sun. Oct. 22 @ DET 7:30 p.m. ET (FOX)

TBD vs. Rogers

3 Tue. Oct. 24 @ STL 8 p.m. ET (FOX)

Robertson vs. TBD

4 Wed. Oct. 25 @ STL 8 p.m. ET (FOX)

Bonderman vs. TBD

5* Thu. Oct. 26 @ STL 8 p.m. ET (FOX)

Verlander vs. TBD

6* Sat. Oct. 28 @ DET 7:30 p.m. ET (FOX)

TBD vs. Rogers

7* Sun. Oct. 29 @ DET 7:30 p.m. ET (FOX)

TBD vs. Robertson

Last edited by a moderator:
Cardinals in 7. They are my team, and I pick them every year to win it all! Of course, I am NOT taking any bets on this, so don't even ask!

Tigers in 7. Cards will come firing off the gate, but the lack of rest will catch up to them, I think. Again, I was completely wrong in the Mets/Cards series and I hope I'm wrong again here.

BTW, you stole my thread, Eviloutsider. :thumbdown:

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
So is it Reyes in game 1 for the Cards? Versus Rogers/Verlander? That's a pretty big advantage for the Tigers.

Game 2 -- Weaver pitching in the D? That'll be interesting.

I just dont see the Cards having the pitching to pull this out
They just shut the Mets lineup down, and Detroit's lineup probably isn't as good, so I am not so sure about that.
Weaver and Suppan were on the money against the Mets. You can almost make the arguement that they pitched better than Carpenter did in both of his games.Is Reyes the confirmed Game 1 starter for the Cards?

As a KC resident.....as long as Detroit wins, I don't care how many it is in, just as long as they win.

I went to college with WAY too many snobby STL fans. I like the team/players...cannot stand the fans.

I just dont see the Cards having the pitching to pull this out
They just shut the Mets lineup down, and Detroit's lineup probably isn't as good, so I am not so sure about that.
Weaver and Suppan were on the money against the Mets. You can almost make the arguement that they pitched better than Carpenter did in both of his games.Is Reyes the confirmed Game 1 starter for the Cards?
If not Reyes, who could it be?

A repeat of the classic 1968 World Series. I hope Fox shows some history of that one. Bob Gibson, Curt Flood, Lou Brock, Tim McCarver v. Al Kaline, Mickey Lolich, Denny McLain, Bill Freehan and Willie Horton!

Go Tigers!!!

I'm not so sure that the Cards will start their guys on three days rest for most of the Series--especially out of the gate. History has not been kind to pitchers starting without their normal rest, so I really don't see them trying that for almost the entire Series.

I'm not so sure that the Cards will start their guys on three days rest for most of the Series--especially out of the gate. History has not been kind to pitchers starting without their normal rest, so I really don't see them trying that for almost the entire Series.
I agree. The only problem is, if you don't, then Reyes makes two starts. This is, obviously, a big advantage for the Tigers. The week off is going to benefit them a lot.

I agree. The only problem is, if you don't, then Reyes makes two starts. This is, obviously, a big advantage for the Tigers. The week off is going to benefit them a lot.
Kennedy thought LaRussa would pitch Weaver in game 1. I'm not so sure. As much as I hate to say it, but they could activate Marquis for the Series. Throw him in game 1. Its either him or Weaver. I highly doubt they would pitch Reyes in game 1, if at all.

I actually feel better about Redbirds going into this than in years past. Of course we face the hottest team in baseball again, but after years of being expected to win and imploding even with one of the best lineups in the game, this time there was no pressure coming in as no one expected even one series win.

Best of Luck to the Tigers. Lots of respect for Leyland.

Hey Tigers and Tiger fans...

As if you needed more of a fan base to support your growing team - you've likely got the entire Mets fan populous on your side now. :banned:

I'm calling for the Cards to win it in 6.

The fact that I am a huge fan has nothing to do with it. This is a purely objective prediction based on statistical and historical analysis.

Users who are viewing this thread