What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:MERGED: Greg Jennings info. (1 Viewer)

Here is the link from the Gazette Middle of the page

Now he was on crutches...that's not good. He says it's not broken...sounds like DeAngelo when he went down 2 weeks ago...they were all happy because it wasn't broken.

I really doubt he can play this week. If it's an ankle sprain he could be sidelined up to a month...sometimes those sprains are almost as painful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a homer but a Jennings owner. Looks like a sprained ankle, he's undergoing a MRI today. Nothing has changed since yesterday that I'm aware.

From Rotoworld...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=3652

Coach Mike McCarthy said Monday that Greg Jennings may miss Sunday's game.

Jennings said after the game his ankle wasn't broken and that he was "Sure I'll be able to go Sunday." Fantasy leaguers shouldn't plan on it. Green Bay is going to have to sign a wideout and probably will start Ruvell Martin if Jennings is out. Brett Favre owners shouldn't be pleased.

Link To transcript of McCarthy presser

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2006/10/22/3/

Nothing was said more than he has an ankle sprain. Rotoworld is speculating big time.
I agree if going on that presser but all in all I don't think so. Severely sprained ankle can be rough. I think I read "severely" and "badly" yesterday after the game. RICE almost seems magical with sprained ankles so I wouldn't put him as a lock to be out but it's not looking good.

Maybe you all will finally pick up my boy Ruvell ;)

Bri, what I meant was that, AFAIK McCarthy didnt say what RW is claiming he said. So I guess that is my beef. I am still hunting for definitive news or quotes from McCarthy to verify what RW is "reporting"

From Rotoworld...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=3652

Coach Mike McCarthy said Monday that Greg Jennings may miss Sunday's game.

Jennings said after the game his ankle wasn't broken and that he was "Sure I'll be able to go Sunday." Fantasy leaguers shouldn't plan on it. Green Bay is going to have to sign a wideout and probably will start Ruvell Martin if Jennings is out. Brett Favre owners shouldn't be pleased.
I don't know. Favre put up good numbers after Jennings got knocked out of the game. It was like he rediscovered some of the old chemistry with Driver.

Bri, what I meant was that, AFAIK McCarthy didnt say what RW is claiming he said. So I guess that is my beef. I am still hunting for definitive news or quotes from McCarthy to verify what RW is "reporting"
Oh, well then I think you missed the word "may" in their report. It's a nice CYA word I've fallen for over the years too

Here is the link from the Gazette Middle of the page

Now he was on crutches...that's not good. He says it's not broken...sounds like DeAngelo when he went down 2 weeks ago...they were all happy because it wasn't broken.

I really doubt he can play this week. If it's an ankle sprain he could be sidelined up to a month...sometimes those sprains are almost as painful.
Usually the high ankle sprains are the type that cause players to lose significant amount of PT. Hopefully it is not that. I do not know what to make out of the crutches...at last he was not in a cast...regular ankle sprains can look very ugly initially and improve rapidly so I am hoping that is what happens because I need this dude to play this week. :wall:

FWIW from Fanball :shrug:

Packers: Jennings plans to play

10/23/06 10:45 AM

THE NEWS

Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings sprained an ankle during the second quarter of Sunday's game against the Dolphins. "It's not broken," Jennings told the Green Bay Press-Gazette. "I'm sure I'll be able to go on Sunday." He was spotted using crutches after the game.

Our View

We'll keep a close eye on Jennings throughout the week. He sounded optimistic after the game, but ankle injuries can be slow to heal.

Okay the transcript is updated......from our Blogger

October 23, 2006, 15:08

Packers :: WR

WR Jennings Getting Ankle Tested, Status Unknown

Packers.com - [Full Article]

From Green Bay Packers HC Mike McCarthy's Monday press conference: Q: Any indication of the seriousness of Jennings' injury? Could he miss Sunday's game? A: It's a potential. He could potentially miss Sunday's game. His tests are being done right now. He was in this morning for treatment. Q: Do you know for sure it's not broken? A: I haven't got the test results back. They x-rayed him at the stadium, so my understanding is his ankle is not broken. It's an ankle sprain. That's the diagnosis.

Here's to hoping he plays the decoy role this week..... :banned:

Sincerely, Driver owner....

Looking for a definitive link, but I just got word that GB claimed Shaun Bodiford off waivers from the Lions.....don't know what that says about Jennings, but it isn't good.

Looking for a definitive link, but I just got word that GB claimed Shaun Bodiford off waivers from the Lions.....don't know what that says about Jennings, but it isn't good.
It has more to do with the fact that Robert Ferguson will probably go on IR and they need another WR to fill that spot.

Does Driver get a bump now with Jenning's injury since he did have 10 receptions for 93 yds and a td, and it seemed Driver did most of his damage earlier in the season (against the bears and saints) when jennings wasn't a factor yet.

a high ankle sprain would be bad & could linger, unless they shut him down for a month or so like marcedes lewis in JAX...

They didnt have any WR depth in the first place. They needed to pick up a WR anyways

Does Driver get a bump now with Jenning's injury since he did have 10 receptions for 93 yds and a td, and it seemed Driver did most of his damage earlier in the season (against the bears and saints) when jennings wasn't a factor yet.
Have you seen somewhere he has a high ankle sprain? All I ahve seen is "ankle sprain"

Have you seen somewhere he has a high ankle sprain? All I ahve seen is "ankle sprain"
When they were talking about it on the NFL network, they only said he "tweaked" his ankle. Hopefully we'll get some real news on this soon.

They didnt have any WR depth in the first place. They needed to pick up a WR anyways
Charles Rogers is out there and they obviously are willing to take risks like they did with Koren Robinson

from CBS

Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy indicated Monday that rookie WR Greg Jennings might be out for an extended period. Jennings sustained a sprained right ankle after making a catch in traffic in the waning seconds of the first half. Jennings missed the rest of the game and was on crutches as the team returned to Green Bay. "They X-rayed him at the stadium. My understanding is his ankle is not broken; it's an ankle sprain. That's the diagnosis," McCarthy said. Jennings underwent further tests Monday. McCarthy said it's possible the Packers will be without their No. 2 receiver against Arizona on Sunday

Shaun Bodiford was considered at various times this season to by everyone from Martz to Marinelli to be the most promising young receiver this side of Roy Williams on the Lions. Because he was an active and willing special teams performer, he was the reason Mike Williams couldn't even sniff the field. Bodiford replaced Robert Ferguson on the active roster.

Jennings claims he will play on Sunday. McCarthy isn't so sure and says Ruvell Martin looks to be the starter. Martin has banged around the league and probably holds little long term potential. Chris Francies who was a very good receiver in college (16+ yards per catch) could be the one who comes out of this smelling like roses. If Francies can approach Jennings production once Favre gets comfortable with him, Jennings injury could be one of the best things to happen to the Packers in the first half of the season. Driver and Jennings are a great combo...if Francies comes to the fore....hurray!

I am sure he will be listed as questionable on the injury report later today which will mean absolutely nothing. Does anyone know if he at least practiced today?

Martin has banged around the league and probably holds little long term potential.
It's not like he's 30, geesh
True, but I don't think he has the speed to be a big play threat. He's a good move the chains guy who can make the tough catch though. In that respect, he's a very good fit for McCarthy's offensive game plan. Martin gets first crack at this, but Francies and Bodiford may have more potential.

Martin has banged around the league and probably holds little long term potential.
True, but I don't think he has the speed to be a big play threat. He's a good move the chains guy who can make the tough catch though. In that respect, he's a very good fit for McCarthy's offensive game plan. Martin gets first crack at this, but Francies and Bodiford may have more potential.
Not in my opinion.His speed is one of those "game speed" things that so many WRs have gone thru over the years. He got open deep in NFLE, every game I think. He did in preseason with the Chargers and Packers.His time with James Lofton not just as his coach but like his sidekick or somesuch, had to be invaluable to his career. I believe, the first time Favre lofts one and you see his "ups" you will :shock: and agree with me. McCarthy, Favre, Driver...you name the GB player or coach and you can google to see him saying Ruvell's a weapon in the red zone.********I've been pimping him since I watched him in NFLE so I really want him to do well.

Not in my opinion.His speed is one of those "game speed" things that so many WRs have gone thru over the years. He got open deep in NFLE, every game I think. He did in preseason with the Chargers and Packers.His time with James Lofton not just as his coach but like his sidekick or somesuch, had to be invaluable to his career. I believe, the first time Favre lofts one and you see his "ups" you will :shock: and agree with me. McCarthy, Favre, Driver...you name the GB player or coach and you can google to see him saying Ruvell's a weapon in the red zone.********I've been pimping him since I watched him in NFLE so I really want him to do well.
I agree that he'll be a good red zone threat, no question. That's his game. Use is size to shield defenders, and use his strength and leaping ability to make the tough catch. As for game speed, I guess we'll find out soon enough. I hope he plays fast.

cubbie5150 said:
varmint cong said:
when did this thread get hijacked? back to jennings, any update on his ankle and whether he will play sunday?
Haven't been able to verify if he will/has practice(d) today...
GREEN BAY, Wis. Rookie wide receiver Greg Jennings didn't practice with the Green Bay Packers this morning, but he was walking without crutches and didn't have a noticeable limp.It's a sign that the ankle injury Jennings sustained in the Packers' 34-24 victory in Miami on Sunday might not be as bad as originally feared.Earlier this week, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said that Jennings could miss the Packers' game against the Arizona Cardinals at Lambeau Field on Sunday.

The Packers tried to sign rookie receiver/kick returner Brian Clark off the Denver Broncos' practice squad, but the Broncos promoted him to their active roster.

Instead, they took Bodiford, a 5-foot-11, 186-pound rookie from Portland State who played in three games for the Lions before he was released. He made one special teams tackle for the Lions. In the preseason, he also worked as a punt and kickoff returner.

packersnews.com

look at Ferguson's thoughts on Jennings at the end of this article

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../610240499/1989
Those thoughts were of his agent, some guy named overstreet. He doesn't seem to realize that Jennings has talent, and Ferguson is a never-was.
well the last one is what Ferguson told himLike he told me once, he said, 'Hey man, I just really don't deserve this. I work hard. I do what they ask me to do, and I can't explain what it is.' (Jennings) earned the starting job in preseason. He never even played in a game. I don't get it."

look at Ferguson's thoughts on Jennings at the end of this article

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../610240499/1989
Those thoughts were of his agent, some guy named overstreet. He doesn't seem to realize that Jennings has talent, and Ferguson is a never-was.
I do what they ask me to do, and I can't explain what it is.' (Jennings) earned the starting job in preseason. He never even played in a game. I don't get it."
that's the problem, you don't get it - Jennings obviously does get it ...

From the Journal-Sentinel pay site http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/insider/we.../index.asp?id=3

Rookie wide receiver Greg Jennings was listed as doubtful for Sunday's game against the Arizona Cardinals, but coach Mike McCarthy said at his Wednesday press conference that he was hopeful Jennings would practice Fridayand play Sunday.

"He was a lot better today than we anticipated," said McCarthy. "He's off the crutches and he's going to try and give it a run."

Jennings injured his ankle against Miami.

Users who are viewing this thread