What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:MERGED: Greg Jennings info. (1 Viewer)

look at Ferguson's thoughts on Jennings at the end of this article

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../610240499/1989
Those thoughts were of his agent, some guy named overstreet. He doesn't seem to realize that Jennings has talent, and Ferguson is a never-was.
I do what they ask me to do, and I can't explain what it is.' (Jennings) earned the starting job in preseason. He never even played in a game. I don't get it."
that's the problem, you don't get it - Jennings obviously does get it ...
I thought it was pretty funny how the posts following that were "see ya Bob"

From the Journal-Sentinel pay site http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/insider/we.../index.asp?id=3

Rookie wide receiver Greg Jennings was listed as doubtful for Sunday's game against the Arizona Cardinals, but coach Mike McCarthy said at his Wednesday press conference that he was hopeful Jennings would practice Fridayand play Sunday.

"He was a lot better today than we anticipated," said McCarthy. "He's off the crutches and he's going to try and give it a run."

Jennings injured his ankle against Miami.
As I've mentioned, RICE can be magical with sprained ankles. IF he plays I wouldn't start him in FF. It's gonna be tender and his likelihood of leaving the game is probably pretty high. Of course, I'll wait to see Friday's news but that's what I figure now

not much new news today. Just several "takes" on the McCarthy quotes from yesterday. Bump in case anyone sees something else or an afternoon update

Bump;Free agency tonight. Did Jennings actually run in practice today?
I bumped it too.Not likely to get any info til tomorrow afternoon/evening since he's just rehabbing today:Receiver Greg Jennings' ankle injury doesn't appear to be as serious as initially feared. Jennings was walking around without crutches on Wednesday, and McCarthy said Jennings is going to continue his rehab on Thursday and try to practice on Friday.

Looking for a definitive link, but I just got word that GB claimed Shaun Bodiford off waivers from the Lions.....don't know what that says about Jennings, but it isn't good.
I emailed a friend about Jennings. He had no info but said GB plans to try Bodiford at CB in practice too. Apparently he played both in junior college. Aaron Rogers(who was on his juco team) was clammorring for the team to sign him.I googled and found this snip in an article:What does Rodgers remember about Bodiford? "He was a stud, played both ways," Rodgers said, noting that Bodiford played a lot of nickel back on defense. "One game we were playing our rivals, and he went up against the leading receiver in the nation and shut him down, held him to like two catches." In that article the author thinks his DB days are behind him but trying someone at CB in practice is completely different from playing and could "drum up" different thoughts by the author.Anyhow, little tidbit I thought ya might find interesting

Looking for a definitive link, but I just got word that GB claimed Shaun Bodiford off waivers from the Lions.....don't know what that says about Jennings, but it isn't good.
I emailed a friend about Jennings. He had no info but said GB plans to try Bodiford at CB in practice too. Apparently he played both in junior college. Aaron Rogers(who was on his juco team) was clammorring for the team to sign him.I googled and found this snip in an article:What does Rodgers remember about Bodiford? "He was a stud, played both ways," Rodgers said, noting that Bodiford played a lot of nickel back on defense. "One game we were playing our rivals, and he went up against the leading receiver in the nation and shut him down, held him to like two catches." In that article the author thinks his DB days are behind him but trying someone at CB in practice is completely different from playing and could "drum up" different thoughts by the author.Anyhow, little tidbit I thought ya might find interesting
Interesting news BRI.Does anyone have any news from 2day for Jenning's...practice...?

Friday after lunch ... any word on the morning session in Green Bay?

There are 2 or 3 of us looking for a WR this week in a league where 63 WRs are already on rosters. Ruvell Martin would represent a better play than most of the remaining dregs if he's going to start.

I don't know if you guys would count this as a reputable source, but on last night's ESPN fantasy show, they said that Antonio Freeman talked to Jennings and said that Jennings would not be playing this week. This is the same show that reported that Caddy has herniated discs (?), so take it with a grain of salt I suppose.

I don't know if you guys would count this as a reputable source, but on last night's ESPN fantasy show, they said that Antonio Freeman talked to Jennings and said that Jennings would not be playing this week. This is the same show that reported that Caddy has herniated discs (?), so take it with a grain of salt I suppose.
I wonder if Favre asked Freeman to play :D

McCarthy said he was hopeful Jennings would be able to practice Friday, but he did not after running on the ankle Thursday and experiencing soreness. McCarthy said they will have Jennings go through a pre-game workout on Sunday, and his availability will be a game-time decision.

packers.com

Bodiford

Special teams coordinator Mike Stock said receiver Shaun Bodiford, who was picked up off waivers from the Detroit Lions on Monday, will team with running back Vernand Morency on kickoff returns on Sunday. Bodiford isn't likely to play on offense yet, but also will work on the Packers' punt coverage team on Sunday.

I found this little nugget for Jennings owners and Packer faithful.

Seems like Jennings has a good chance to be back in the line-up next week, but just my speculation from his comments.

Let's hope so to keep it rolling.

Posted October 30, 2006

Passing attack makes due without Jennings

Martin emerges as a key weapon

By Dylan B. Tomlinson

Gannett Wisconsin Newspapers

Over the last few weeks, Green Bay Packers receivers have been disappearing at an alarming rate.

Koren Robinson is suspended until next season. Robert Ferguson is on injured reserve with a foot injury. Rookie starter Greg Jennings was on the inactive list for Sunday's game against the Arizona Cardinals with a sprained ankle.

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said he was hopeful Jennings would be able to play, but at the last minute decided against it.

"He was close. I felt bad for Greg, because he really pushed it," McCarthy said. "He just wasn't 100 percent and, frankly, I wasn't comfortable putting him out there. We were confident with our plan in the way the other receivers practiced this week."

That left the Packers with Donald Driver, Ruvell Martin, who spent a portion of this season as the team's No. 5 receiver, and Chris Francies, who was signed off the practice squad before the Miami game.

"Driver is almost out there by himself. It's a young group," tight end David Martin said. "We needed somebody else to step up."

Ruvell Martin caught two passes for 26 yards. Francies didn't catch a pass, but drew back-to-back pass interference calls early in the game that led to the Packers' first touchdown, a 1-yard pass from Brett Favre to David Martin.

"When teams key on Donald, we have to make sure we have other guys in the game who can make the catch," Ruvell Martin said. "You just have to have a guy who can make the play, whether it's a receiver or a tight end."

The player who has stepped up the most as a receiver has been David Martin, who has touchdown catches in the Packers' last two games.

"David Martin keeps making plays," offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski said. "David is starting to do things that I always thought he could do, but he was never able to stay healthy. He is starting to show up a lot in our passing game, in our running game. He played fullback today, he played wideout and he played tight end. With that, he's really doing what we're asking him to do."

On a day when the Packers didn't throw the ball much, David Martin caught four passes for 48 yards and a touchdown.

"Our tight ends came up huge for us today," Driver said. "A lot of people look at our tight ends like they're just blockers, but they can be wideouts who make a lot of plays out there. That's what we saw today."

Quarterback Brett Favre said he's been worried about all of the injuries to the receivers.

"We can't afford to lose too many more guys," Favre said. "I've always had confidence in every guy that's lined up with me, and as long as they know that it will help their confidence."

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the latest...

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2006/11/01/4/

Notebook: Jennings Closer To Returning

by Mike Spofford, Packers.com

posted 11/01/2006

Wide receiver Greg Jennings is making progress in his recovery from an ankle injury, Head Coach Mike McCarthy said on Wednesday, and he could be healthy enough to get through a full practice by week's end.

Jennings is still listed as questionable on this week's injury report, but he did participate in the opening jog-through and individual drills at practice on Wednesday. He then was pulled out of practice to continue his rehab, and McCarthy said he's hopeful Jennings will be able to get through all of Thursday's practice.

"Sunday he was close," McCarthy said. "He's kind of working his way back. He made a lot of progress last week, and we're just trying to get over the last hurdle."

Jennings injured his ankle while landing awkwardly after a second-quarter catch at Miami on Oct. 22. He worked out before last Sunday's game against Arizona but did not play.

If Jennings can participate in a full practice and not have any setbacks following that, he more than likely would be able to play on Sunday at Buffalo.

I found this link saying he practiced today but they don't say how much he was able to do.

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/sports/coll...er/15905294.htm

GREEN BAY, Wis. - Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings practiced on Thursday as he tries to come back from a nagging ankle injury, while cornerback Charles Woodson missed his second straight day.

Jennings hurt his ankle at Miami two weeks ago and missed Sunday's 31-14 victory over Arizona.

Still, he ranks second on the team with 21 catches for 378 yards. He also has a team-high three TD catches, which is the most for a rookie receiver since James Lofton matched the feat in 1978.

On Wednesday, Jennings, who is one of only two NFL rookies currently starting at wide receiver along with New Orleans' Marques Colston, participated in individual drills before leaving practice early.

In his absence, tight end David Martin and fullback Brandon Miree picked up the slack, while receivers Ruvell Martin and Chris Francies also pitched in against the Cardinals.

From KFFL:

Green Bay Packers WR Greg Jennings (ankle) practiced Thursday, Nov. 2, and appears likely to play Week 9.

I'm in Wisconsin and just heard on sports talk that McCarthy had is news conference today and announced Jennings practiced fully and got the green light that he'll be playing this weekend.

Also said Charles Woodson was a go, but Brandon Miree was not looking likely (for anybody that cares about the Packers)

Greg Jennings-WR-Packers Nov. 3 - 4:44 pm et

Greg Jennings (questionable, ankle) practiced fully for a second straight day Friday.

It looks like Jennings will be ready to go against Buffalo. Check before game-time, but the rookie wideout should be safe to use in fantasy leagues.

I'm in Wisconsin and just heard on sports talk that McCarthy had is news conference today and announced Jennings practiced fully and got the green light that he'll be playing this weekend.

Also said Charles Woodson was a go, but Brandon Miree was not looking likely (for anybody that cares about the Packers)
WTF???

I would LOVE to start Jennings this week but I don't see how I can justify starting him over either Terrell Owens or Torry Holt this week.

I would LOVE to start Jennings this week but I don't see how I can justify starting him over either Terrell Owens or Torry Holt this week.
I hear that. I'd L.O.V.E. to start Tiki this weekend but no way it's gonna happen when I've got Tomlinson and LJ...

I hear that. I'd L.O.V.E. to start Tiki this weekend but no way it's gonna happen when I've Tomlinson and LJ...

You should seriously trade one of those guys and load up at a position of need.

Users who are viewing this thread