What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:MERGED: Brandon Jacobs (1 Viewer)

Hellfire Snail

Footballguy
Don't know if he can be an every-down, 20 carry back...but if he can? He's a top five fantasy RB. He frightened me on that scoring drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
His style is going to get him hurt IMO. You can't keep running into guys like he does. He runs high and someone is going to take a kneecap with them when they hit him if he keeps up this style.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if he can be an every-down, 20 carry back...but if he can? He's a top five fantasy RB. He frightened me on that scoring drive.
Are we talking Sherman, Tiger, King Tiger or one of those weak eastern european ones?I think he can be an everydown back for what limited time I have seen him play. The Eddie George comparison is good but I think he looks more like Jamal Anderson (anyone remember him).

Is he the guy in N.Y. next year? Or is he always going to be a short-yardage back and the Giants bring someone else in via FA or draft?

Is he the guy in N.Y. next year? Or is he always going to be a short-yardage back and the Giants bring someone else in via FA or draft?
Just a guess but I'd guess that Jacobs has about a 30% chance of having a Lamont Jordan type situation.

I think he is going to be given the shot next year but his upright running style scares me. It doesn't seems possible that'd be able to be the featured guy but if he is capable of carrying the load, he'll have tremendous value. If the Giants don't feel comfortable with Jacobs as the main man I think they'll bring another RB via the draft in a later round. Possibly the Giants could bring in a veteran like Mike Anderson? Also, what is Jacobs value in a dynasty league right now...?

His value is soaring, and he has looked good. He and a good 3rd down/change of pace back, and they would be in good shape.

I think he is going to be given the shot next year but his upright running style scares me. It doesn't seems possible that'd be able to be the featured guy but if he is capable of carrying the load, he'll have tremendous value. If the Giants don't feel comfortable with Jacobs as the main man I think they'll bring another RB via the draft in a later round. Possibly the Giants could bring in a veteran like Mike Anderson? Also, what is Jacobs value in a dynasty league right now...?
Assuming we take Tiki at his word about his retirement, the Giants will bring in 1 maybe 2 RBs via FA and the draft regardless how comfortable they feel with Jacobs.

Jacobs may be "upright" but he's friggin' huge. He is a very large back with good speed.

If Tiki retires, I wouldn't be surprised to see him take over. He looked great in the pre-season and in spot duty (aside from just GL work).

The next Christian Okoye? Who else are they going to turn to?
It's the rare massive RB that can take the pounding that a starting RB takes for more than a couple of seasons. I think they'll pick up someone to complement him, along the lines of a guy like Ladell Betts who can catch the ball out of the backfield and has a bit more speed.

I've never seen a RB quite like Brandon Jacobs. But if I had to make a comparison, I would say he reminds me of Christian Okoye. They are both around 260lbs but Jacobs is a couple inches taller.

Jacobs is a freak. His punishing style will probably lead to a shorter career (much like Okoye) but he's a beast. I like players like Jacobs. He's fun to watch.

I've never seen a RB quite like Brandon Jacobs. But if I had to make a comparison, I would say he reminds me of Christian Okoye. They are both around 260lbs but Jacobs is a couple inches taller. Jacobs is a freak. His punishing style will probably lead to a shorter career (much like Okoye) but he's a beast. I like players like Jacobs. He's fun to watch.
I worry about that style. From what I've seen so far, he looks to pummel himself into the tacklers much more than he does visualize the holes and make appropriate cuts. His yards may be earned the hard way and taking a toll on him. They are so much better off with a smaller more talented back like Tiki, but I guess they won't have that choice next year. The Nigerian Nightmare only held up for six seasons. Tiki's leaving at the top of his game after ten. Little Warrick Dunn is going strong in his tenth season also. I have more fun watching these guys.

I've never seen a RB quite like Brandon Jacobs. But if I had to make a comparison, I would say he reminds me of Christian Okoye. They are both around 260lbs but Jacobs is a couple inches taller. Jacobs is a freak. His punishing style will probably lead to a shorter career (much like Okoye) but he's a beast. I like players like Jacobs. He's fun to watch.
I agree but Okoye was fast.I wonder if Eddie George can get a coaching job now

I worry about that style. From what I've seen so far, he looks to pummel himself into the tacklers much more than he does visualize the holes and make appropriate cuts. His yards may be earned the hard way and taking a toll on him. They are so much better off with a smaller more talented back like Tiki, but I guess they won't have that choice next year. The Nigerian Nightmare only held up for six seasons. Tiki's leaving at the top of his game after ten. Little Warrick Dunn is going strong in his tenth season also. I have more fun watching these guys.
should be noted, that's his job. I don't think I've seen him run outside(maybe once or twice) this year. Play calls for him to put his head down, he's gotta.

Jacobs is most likely the starter if Tiki retires.. I then can see the Giants grabing a scat back in the draft for 3rd down and RB to run outside.. Still Jacobs could be a borderline top 10 if he does get 1st and 2nd downs next year.. The fact he would also be goalline helps..

Not always. And you also have to consider that's his role right now - Tiki is the regular yardage guy, and he's primarily the guy at the end of the game taking the pounding, short yardage, goal line, etc. I think that his style changes if he becomes the primary back, as you saw glimpses of in the pre-season. (I was at both games and he looked elusive... he's actually quite quick, not just size)

I'll draft him...

Plenty of big guys in the game that went down easy - he has the big feet - wide stance - good balance that you can't coach.

I also think that when RB's deliver the blow they don't get hurt as much as when they have to take the blow. Well there aren't too many safety's/DB's who are gonna just run up into that and lay lumber other than a few Polamalu/Roy Williams types.

He shoulda had a TD on that one sweep right late in the game. Did you see the DB just jump outta the way. Big man was gonna run him and the blocker over into the endzone and he got so excited he outran himself.

I'll draft him...

Plenty of big guys in the game that went down easy - he has the big feet - wide stance - good balance that you can't coach.

I also think that when RB's deliver the blow they don't get hurt as much as when they have to take the blow. Well there aren't too many safety's/DB's who are gonna just run up into that and lay lumber other than a few Polamalu/Roy Williams types.

He shoulda had a TD on that one sweep right late in the game. Did you see the DB just jump outta the way. Big man was gonna run him and the blocker over into the endzone and he got so excited he outran himself.

I'll draft him...

Users who are viewing this thread