What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Rankings (4 Viewers)

footballguy#1 said:
surprised to not see more love for mccoy in the thread.he looks like a lock to be westbrook's heir apparent (i think many/most would say he is already), and it could happen sooner rather than later. the eagles organizational history of prioritizing players north of 30 is ominously sparse. i think kenny britt is the only player in the NFL younger than mccoy or beanie wells.
Just because you take some one's job doesn't mean you get his "production". Both are small but Westbrook has more bulk and a better balance which makes him a deceptively strong inside runner. McCoy is a weak runner and doesn't have the frame to add much bulk. As others stated or insinuated McCoy makes moves for the sake of making moves instead of just heading downfield.Also Westbrook in his prime was the only show in town (except for the TO years), so the offense ran through him. With Jackson and Maclin on the outside, the Eagles don't need to force fee McCoy the ball in the passing game like they did Westbrook.
I agree mostly. So let's venture some guesses of what we can count on. Maybe 75% of Westbrook's peak production? If that happens McCoy still ranks as a RB1. Is 75% a safe guess?
I'd say that's fair, but maybe for all RB production, meaning the Eagles may be more of a committee at the position than they were when Westy was in his prime - and Bukhalter was only a "spell" back.

Well, I tried being a bit too smart for my own good not starting Mendenhall this week (Big starting roster) and went with Felix in a flex spot. Great that he showed something against a D that was suffocating the opponents running game (3.4 ypc, 86 ypg, 26 rushing attempts against per game). He didn't get the late game TD, but Denver have been even more stout in that area this year.

At least this gives an indication that people should not be too ansty about starting him vs better D's.

And I still won thankfully.
As a Mendenhall owner I was pleased but still see room for improvement!He ran out of bounds when he shouldn't have.

He still spins too much and that may have been a fumble in the redzone near the end of the game.

As I said before the season, I think it's mental mistakes and he'll overcome those with good coaching.

On the other hand, Where the heck is Moreno?
It was still early enough that the clock continued to run after that play.

I really need help at TE. My salary cap dynasty team is excellent. But Marcedes Lewis and Jermichael Finley are not helping me right now. There's an owner in my league that has posted he's interested in a trade. He has both Antonio Gates and Brent Celek. I am inclined to offer him DeSean Jackson. Before you laugh, I have Vincent Jackson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Nate Burleson. And furthermore, this is a salary cap league. So the odds of my being able to keep all those WRs for next year are very low.

Sorry to post this question, but the posters in this thread are always full of good knowledge.

jdoggydogg said:
I really need help at TE. My salary cap dynasty team is excellent. But Marcedes Lewis and Jermichael Finley are not helping me right now. There's an owner in my league that has posted he's interested in a trade. He has both Antonio Gates and Brent Celek. I am inclined to offer him DeSean Jackson. Before you laugh, I have Vincent Jackson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Nate Burleson. And furthermore, this is a salary cap league. So the odds of my being able to keep all those WRs for next year are very low.Sorry to post this question, but the posters in this thread are always full of good knowledge.
I would try to trade away Burleson before Desean if that seems feasible in the league.

jdoggydogg said:
I really need help at TE. My salary cap dynasty team is excellent. But Marcedes Lewis and Jermichael Finley are not helping me right now. There's an owner in my league that has posted he's interested in a trade. He has both Antonio Gates and Brent Celek. I am inclined to offer him DeSean Jackson. Before you laugh, I have Vincent Jackson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Nate Burleson. And furthermore, this is a salary cap league. So the odds of my being able to keep all those WRs for next year are very low.Sorry to post this question, but the posters in this thread are always full of good knowledge.
I would try to trade away Burleson before Desean if that seems feasible in the league.
This guy isn't dumb. He knows Burleson is an average talent. I think starting with Burleson might make sense. But if this guy has any brains at all he'll counter with Jackson.

jdoggydogg said:
This. Burleson won't bring back nearly as much, but you may be able to get a patch at TE until Finley gets healthy. Maybe Burleson for Zach Miller?I don't think you trade DeSean Jackson to paper over another position. You keep him and find some other asset to trade away.

jdoggydogg said:
This. Burleson won't bring back nearly as much, but you may be able to get a patch at TE until Finley gets healthy. Maybe Burleson for Zach Miller?I don't think you trade DeSean Jackson to paper over another position. You keep him and find some other asset to trade away.
Everything you are saying makes sense. Except that the salary cap makes this more difficult. I have these excellent WRs, plus Gore, Romo, and Peterson. So either way, I am going to lose some key players for cap reasons.I sent a Burleson for Celek offer. He may scoff, but it's worth a shot since his WRs are bad.

I know there was a thread somewhere about starting a dynasty with links to a bunch of rules and setup, etc.

Maybe I'm just searching wrong but does anyone know where that thread is?
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...t=0&start=0IIRC, It used to be pinned once upon a time. No clue why it isn't anymore, very useful thread.
Thanks but that's not the one I was thinking of.I thought there was one pinned. that had rules for a startup leauge. With links and examples. Like how to assign contracts, handle cuts, etc etc.

I'm in one league presently but was thinking of branching out to maybe start another.

Thanks again.
Bump - anyone know the thread I'm after?

Regarding Shonn Greene, I wouldn't let the short term presence of Thomas Jones impact my take on his dynasty value. It's pretty much irrelevant. If he's a good back, he'll eventually be the starter. If not, he won't.
I'm not letting the presence of Jones impact Greene's value, I'm letting the short term presence of Jones reaffirm my original assessment that Greene's not a special RB, which is in turn impacting Greene's value.
Neither was Rudi Johnson. The fact is that the Jets have a good run blocking OL and any starting RB in that offense is capable of top 10 numbers. He'll never be an elite back but he runs hard and can pick up the tough yards, especially those at the goal line.

Any opinions on Greg Jennings? Why is he so mediocre this year? Does he still belong in the top 10 of WRs?
Look back one page for some good info.BTW, I have lurked on this thread for almost since it was created. F&L, EBF, and SSOG, great job and thanks for taking the time to explain your thoughts.

Current thoughts on Donald Driver?

F&L has him at WR37 near the middle of tier 5. He will be 35 in about 3 months and has some talent (Jennings/JJones/JNelson & JFinley) all of whose play at some point may demand more targets.

If one was looking to add Driver (win now/playoff contender type), are you paying solely for stats the next 7 weeks or does he have any 'exit value' priced in at WR37?

Current thoughts on Donald Driver?F&L has him at WR37 near the middle of tier 5. He will be 35 in about 3 months and has some talent (Jennings/JJones/JNelson & JFinley) all of whose play at some point may demand more targets.If one was looking to add Driver (win now/playoff contender type), are you paying solely for stats the next 7 weeks or does he have any 'exit value' priced in at WR37?
PPR leagues:I traded Josh Morgan for Driver a few weeks ago in one league. I'm trying to move Driver in another league, and can't seem to find anyone willing to give up a decent prospect for him. Driver is 34, but he still looks good. If he's not in Green Bay next year, I suspect he'll sign with someone else. I'm not giving him away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Current thoughts on Donald Driver?F&L has him at WR37 near the middle of tier 5. He will be 35 in about 3 months and has some talent (Jennings/JJones/JNelson & JFinley) all of whose play at some point may demand more targets.If one was looking to add Driver (win now/playoff contender type), are you paying solely for stats the next 7 weeks or does he have any 'exit value' priced in at WR37?
PPR leagues:I traded Josh Morgan for Driver a few weeks ago in one league. I'm trying to move Driver in another league, and can't seem to find anyone willing to give up a decent prospect for him. Driver is 34, but he still looks good. If he's not in Green Bay next year, I suspect he'll sign with someone else. I'm not giving him away.
I wouldn't pay anything for Driver. GB is not paying him 7.2 mil next year. You can forget about that. I can't see him going to another team next year and doing anything substantial. Next year he will be Tory Holt, at best. Unless he signs for less money to stay in GB.

I wouldn't pay anything for Driver. GB is not paying him 7.2 mil next year. You can forget about that. I can't see him going to another team next year and doing anything substantial. Next year he will be Tory Holt, at best. Unless he signs for less money to stay in GB.
I think Josh Morgan was a small price to pay for a little help towards a championship run. Driver is not Torry Holt IMO. Everyone could see Holt was never the same after his knee injury. I agree with you that Green Bay is not going to pay Driver the full amount of his contract, but that's not to say that he won't take a paycut to stay in Green Bay. I don't expect Driver to put up big numbers again next year, but if he plays, he'll at provide depth for another year. If he stays in Green Bay, all the better, if not, he signs with someone else or retires... no biggy. I think he has another year left in him and think the Torry Holt comparison is a poor one.

I wasn't sure what his contract staus was, can't check that here at work. If the 7.2 mil figure is correct, I think I agree with your assesment he may be gone. I'd question his value on another team next year, and interestingly the first situation that popped into my head was Holt's also. that may not be fair given Holt's knee issues, but I think this line of thinking answers my 'exit value' question with it being nearly zero.

Any opinions on Greg Jennings? Why is he so mediocre this year? Does he still belong in the top 10 of WRs?
Not sure what was already posted, but I think the lack of solid line play has not allowed rodgers the time to hit Jennings deep. How many long passes above 20,30, 40 yards did jennings hit on last year??

Not sure what was already posted, but I think the lack of solid line play has not allowed rodgers the time to hit Jennings deep. How many long passes above 20,30, 40 yards did jennings hit on last year??
That's pretty much all that was said. I guess the question is if they draft a tackle and send Driver packing, is he still top 10 going into 2010? If Driver is gone, someone on the Packers has to be, regardless of the oline. It could be James Jones instead. But the safe money is still on Jennings, right?

Thinking about making a move for Calvin Johnson. (ppr dynasty)What is his dynasty value compared to Colston? I am thinking about putting a package together involving Colston+??? I have 2 1sts(an early and a middle) and a 2nd(middle) in this upcoming rookie draft and my team is in my signature below. What would be fair value and what would be too much. Keep in mind my team is practically eliminated from playoffs and he is 1 game out of his division and tied in the wildcard.Any info would be helpful as I work to get this trade together this week.
Still looking for some help with this question.

Thinking about making a move for Calvin Johnson. (ppr dynasty)What is his dynasty value compared to Colston? I am thinking about putting a package together involving Colston+??? I have 2 1sts(an early and a middle) and a 2nd(middle) in this upcoming rookie draft and my team is in my signature below. What would be fair value and what would be too much. Keep in mind my team is practically eliminated from playoffs and he is 1 game out of his division and tied in the wildcard.Any info would be helpful as I work to get this trade together this week.
Given the situation you might actually have a chance to buy. I still think starting offer has to be Colston plus Stewart or Wells or the earliest 1st. I think any price less than MJD + Colston is fair. I'd be willing to pay Colston + 2 1sts or Colston + Wells + 1st but wouldn't start there.

Neither was Rudi Johnson. The fact is that the Jets have a good run blocking OL and any starting RB in that offense is capable of top 10 numbers. He'll never be an elite back but he runs hard and can pick up the tough yards, especially those at the goal line.
The Jets have a very good offensive line, but I'm not ready to give all Jets RBs a dynasty bump for schematic superiority yet. Woody and Faneca are both 32, and the Jets haven't reached the same level of dominance as the Broncos, Vikings, or Giants.
I've got a bit of a unique perspective on Driver because I've both traded for him *AND* traded him away so far this season. Prior to the season, my WR corps was paper-thin (Fitzgerald, Lee Evans, an unproven Devin Hester, and literally no one behind them. Literally), so I wound up picking up a boatload of young WR prospects (Garcon, Collie, Austin, Sims-Walker, Stroughter, Wallace, Caldwell, Schilens, Murphy), and I then traded two of those prospects for Driver (Austin Collie and... Miles Austin. Oh well, easy come, easy go). A bit later in the year, my WR corps became a huge strength (I traded for VJax, MSW and Hester both stepped up big-time), so Driver became entirely superfluous- he was my WR5 and I was past my bye weeks. He wasn't going to see my starting lineup anytime in the next year and a half, so he was doing me no good. As a result, I found the contending teams with the weakest WR corps (there were three that were starting absolute dreck at their WR3 position) and sent them all a message that the first person willing to give me a 2nd rounder in next year's draft could have Donald Driver.I'd say Driver's at least top 20 the rest of the way this year, and he holds some minor residual value for the future. I'd expect him to at least be fantasy relevant next year (WR3/WR4 type). Still, his value is almost entirely a function of how he's going to score the rest of the way. In the two trades Driver has been involved in so far this year, his cost in the first trade was a pair of WR prospects who were street free agents the week before, and his cost in the second was a late 2nd rounder. Both seem pretty fair prices.

I wasn't sure what his contract staus was, can't check that here at work. If the 7.2 mil figure is correct, I think I agree with your assesment he may be gone. I'd question his value on another team next year, and interestingly the first situation that popped into my head was Holt's also. that may not be fair given Holt's knee issues, but I think this line of thinking answers my 'exit value' question with it being nearly zero.
I didn't trade Morgan for Driver thinking about next year. If your team is a contender, then moving a mid-level prospect for a highly productive veteran shouldn't be an issue IMO. Sometimes it's ok to trade away youth for the present.

That's pretty much all that was said. I guess the question is if they draft a tackle and send Driver packing, is he still top 10 going into 2010? If Driver is gone, someone on the Packers has to be, regardless of the oline. It could be James Jones instead. But the safe money is still on Jennings, right?
God yeah, IMO. The season, and its not over yet, is a blip for jennings. I have him on two dynasties, and have no plans to sell, in fact, nows a great time to acquire him. Rodgers is on pace to be sacked 74 times IIRC......point being, he may not finish top 15, but hes legit, certainly better than Jordy and Jones when driver moes on. I like GB wr situation. Both thos guys can ascend, and keep him from getting doubleteamed

BTW SSOG, I took a 2nd look at Nicks today, and I stand corrected; he has shown something, just not in the games I've watched. :lmao: I'm not sure why, but I thought he had the 1 big game, and then a few ok games. He actually has slightly better stats than Maclin, although not by much. Maybe Maclin is a great buy low guy? I think he's a much better route runner than advertised, and he has good hands from what I've seen.

Thinking about making a move for Calvin Johnson. (ppr dynasty)

What is his dynasty value compared to Colston? I am thinking about putting a package together involving Colston+??? I have 2 1sts(an early and a middle) and a 2nd(middle) in this upcoming rookie draft and my team is in my signature below. What would be fair value and what would be too much.

Keep in mind my team is practically eliminated from playoffs and he is 1 game out of his division and tied in the wildcard.

Any info would be helpful as I work to get this trade together this week.
Given the situation you might actually have a chance to buy. I still think starting offer has to be Colston plus Stewart or Wells or the earliest 1st. I think any price less than MJD + Colston is fair. I'd be willing to pay Colston + 2 1sts or Colston + Wells + 1st but wouldn't start there.
Got the deal finished todayI gave up

Colston, Marques NOS WR;

Year 2010 Round 1 Draft Pick(early middle);

Year 2010 Round 2 Draft Pick(middle);

Year 2010 Round 5 Draft Pick(early)

He gave up

Johnson, Calvin DET WR;

Year 2010 Round 1 Draft Pick(late)

Basically I got Calvin for Colston and lost 1st round rookie value, my second rounder, and my 5th.

I think I got the good end of the trade.

Thoughts on Pierre Thomas? We all know Reggie Bush is not a true bell cow RB. I like PT but unsure of his value compare to someone like ronnie brown?

thanks. love this thread.

The Jets have a very good offensive line, but I'm not ready to give all Jets RBs a dynasty bump for schematic superiority yet. Woody and Faneca are both 32, and the Jets haven't reached the same level of dominance as the Broncos, Vikings, or Giants.
I've got a bit of a unique perspective on Driver because I've both traded for him *AND* traded him away so far this season. Prior to the season, my WR corps was paper-thin (Fitzgerald, Lee Evans, an unproven Devin Hester, and literally no one behind them. Literally), so I wound up picking up a boatload of young WR prospects (Garcon, Collie, Austin, Sims-Walker, Stroughter, Wallace, Caldwell, Schilens, Murphy), and I then traded two of those prospects for Driver (Austin Collie and... Miles Austin. Oh well, easy come, easy go). A bit later in the year, my WR corps became a huge strength (I traded for VJax, MSW and Hester both stepped up big-time), so Driver became entirely superfluous- he was my WR5 and I was past my bye weeks. He wasn't going to see my starting lineup anytime in the next year and a half, so he was doing me no good. As a result, I found the contending teams with the weakest WR corps (there were three that were starting absolute dreck at their WR3 position) and sent them all a message that the first person willing to give me a 2nd rounder in next year's draft could have Donald Driver.I'd say Driver's at least top 20 the rest of the way this year, and he holds some minor residual value for the future. I'd expect him to at least be fantasy relevant next year (WR3/WR4 type). Still, his value is almost entirely a function of how he's going to score the rest of the way. In the two trades Driver has been involved in so far this year, his cost in the first trade was a pair of WR prospects who were street free agents the week before, and his cost in the second was a late 2nd rounder. Both seem pretty fair prices.
Last week I traded Driver, Lendale White, Kevin Smith, and a mid-to-late 2010 1st round rookie pick for Shonn Greene, Leon Washington and MSW.

Dynasty PPR, who do you prefer?Maclin or Boldin? Trying to decide which to deal.
I'd prefer Boldin, even if he is a massive case of indigestion waiting to happen. There's a lot of risk there, but his talent is far too great to ignore.

Thoughts on Pierre Thomas? We all know Reggie Bush is not a true bell cow RB. I like PT but unsure of his value compare to someone like ronnie brown? thanks. love this thread.
F&L has Ronnie in tier 2 and PT in tier 3. With Ronnie we are probably just passing over to the right side of the bell curve (i.e., the wrong side). He should still be a low #1 next year. But after that the writing will be on the wall. If you're out of it, probably Monday morning (hoping he runs all over Tampa) will be the perfect time to sell him.PT is much younger in dog years, but NO is a weird situation. They may never feature a RB again. They may be the new Denver and bring in random guys off the street and turn them into the next starters. It is his contract year, so it's possible he could Mike Anderson somewhere and not have the golden opportunity he has now. Why would NO pay PT anything if Mike Bell looks just as good (well, give me "almost as good" at least)?

Jamal Charles -- a hold or sell at this point? [ppr league]

I don't think he's a feature back, but he's got an opportunity here. If you're dealing at this moment, what type rookie pick would you accept for him? His value seems like it could change at an instant [either way].

Jamal Charles -- a hold or sell at this point? [ppr league]I don't think he's a feature back, but he's got an opportunity here. If you're dealing at this moment, what type rookie pick would you accept for him? His value seems like it could change at an instant [either way].
I tried selling today actually. Sent out offers to three different teams and found no real interest. 14 team MOX dynasty league, pretty much all FBG's as owners.I think most feel the way you do, he may not be a featured back, thus he needs to show something before astute owners are willing to gamble. You are right, he has opportunity, but sadly that isn't saying much with the KC O Line. I'd probably take ANY first for him, but those offers probably aren't coming. Would I take a second? Probably not, I'd rather just see what he can do at that point.

I'm curious to hear others thoughts on Freeman after his first start. I wasn't able to watch the game.
Watched the whole game....unfortunately. Freeman has some Ben Roethlisberger to him. The rush got there several times during the game, but guys just fell off of him. He seems to have an uncanny feel in the pocket for a rookie. I have no idea how he will fare with accuracy and reading defenses (the mental part of it) as his career unfolds, but the guy has some real tools to work with.

I recently just completed a trade in my league, I got Calvin Johnson and Addai and traded away Ray Rice. The league is a PPR league, and I was really high on Rice in the coming years, but I already have CJ3 and MJD as my starting RB. And my WRs have been a soft spot on my team for a few years.

Thoughts on Pierre Thomas? We all know Reggie Bush is not a true bell cow RB. I like PT but unsure of his value compare to someone like ronnie brown? thanks. love this thread.
F&L has Ronnie in tier 2 and PT in tier 3. With Ronnie we are probably just passing over to the right side of the bell curve (i.e., the wrong side). He should still be a low #1 next year. But after that the writing will be on the wall. If you're out of it, probably Monday morning (hoping he runs all over Tampa) will be the perfect time to sell him.PT is much younger in dog years, but NO is a weird situation. They may never feature a RB again. They may be the new Denver and bring in random guys off the street and turn them into the next starters. It is his contract year, so it's possible he could Mike Anderson somewhere and not have the golden opportunity he has now. Why would NO pay PT anything if Mike Bell looks just as good (well, give me "almost as good" at least)?
Ronnie has a relatively light workload for his age. He's split a lot of carries throughout his collegiate and pro careers. He's also very talented. Conversely, he's also missed a fair amount of time with injuries. My guess right now is he is productive beyond the normal RB years (30). I think he'll remain relatively productive into his 30's ala Fred Taylor and Ricky Williams. PT is a restricted FA in 2010. He won't be leaving NO. Beyond 2010, who knows? Thomas is a quality back on a hugely dynamic offense. Will they keep him beyond 2010? No way to really know.

FWIW, I had both and was actively looking to move a RB, and chose to move Pierre. For me, Thomas fits into that category with guys like Ryan Grant, Slaton, Jacobs, and Kevin Smith where I'd always be looking over my shoulder for the next guy who's going to come along and turn my low-end RB1 into a high-end RB3.Ronnie's not exactly immune to that problem, and I worry that too much of his value comes from outside the traditional RB space, but in the end I rolled the dice with the guy who just seems to have more raw talent.

Thoughts on Pierre Thomas? We all know Reggie Bush is not a true bell cow RB. I like PT but unsure of his value compare to someone like ronnie brown?

thanks. love this thread.
FWIW, I had both and was actively looking to move a RB, and chose to move Pierre. For me, Thomas fits into that category with guys like Ryan Grant, Slaton, Jacobs, and Kevin Smith where I'd always be looking over my shoulder for the next guy who's going to come along and turn my low-end RB1 into a high-end RB3.Ronnie's not exactly immune to that problem, and I worry that too much of his value comes from outside the traditional RB space, but in the end I rolled the dice with the guy who just seems to have more raw talent.
I'd argue that Ronnie would have more value if they'd quit trying to get so cute with their scheming and playcalling. His first half of 2007 was phenomenal, and that owed nothing to the Wildcat.Re: Pierre Thomas. I like him a lot. I own him in the FB Guys Dynasty Thread League, and I can't see trading him. He's that rare back with off-the-charts upside in a dynamic offense but also heart-burn inducing job security issues. It's just a matter of risk tolerance. I guess I feel lucky enough to roll the dice that he'll remain the feature back in New Orleans for the next few years. He's been far and away the most effective back there.

Jamal Charles -- a hold or sell at this point? [ppr league]I don't think he's a feature back, but he's got an opportunity here. If you're dealing at this moment, what type rookie pick would you accept for him? His value seems like it could change at an instant [either way].
In Dynasty leagues, I think he's a sell. IMO, he's on the Jerious Norwood/Leon Washington career path. Rookie picks are over-rated. If I wanted to move him, I'd package him with someone else for an upgrade.

In Dynasty leagues, I think he's a sell. IMO, he's on the Jerious Norwood/Leon Washington career path. Rookie picks are over-rated. If I wanted to move him, I'd package him with someone else for an upgrade.
Rookie picks *ARE* overrated, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't acquire them. If nothing else, they're a tradeable commodity. I don't know about other leagues, but in my league rookie picks are the #1 currency. Get an upgrade if you can, or trade him for another prospect you like more... but if all else fails, there's nothing wrong with stockpiling rookie picks with the intention of selling them again come draft time.Edit: I love acquiring 2nd rounders on the cheap, because if the owner's ever on the fence about a trade offer, saying "how about I throw in a 2nd rounder?" usually pushes them over.

Jamal Charles -- a hold or sell at this point? [ppr league]

I don't think he's a feature back, but he's got an opportunity here. If you're dealing at this moment, what type rookie pick would you accept for him? His value seems like it could change at an instant [either way].
Rookie picks *ARE* overrated, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't acquire them. If nothing else, they're a tradeable commodity. I don't know about other leagues, but in my league rookie picks are the #1 currency. Get an upgrade if you can, or trade him for another prospect you like more... but if all else fails, there's nothing wrong with stockpiling rookie picks with the intention of selling them again come draft time.Edit: I love acquiring 2nd rounders on the cheap, because if the owner's ever on the fence about a trade offer, saying "how about I throw in a 2nd rounder?" usually pushes them over.
Yeah, I think it depends on your league. I'm in one league where rookie picks aren't worth very much, especially picks outside the top 5, so stockpiling 2nd round picks could get you into a bit of trouble.

I completely agree that rookie picks are overrated, but they have a ton of trade value during the draft when the hype machine is rolling. That is the best time to sell rookie picks IMO.

I'd argue that Ronnie would have more value if they'd quit trying to get so cute with their scheming and playcalling. His first half of 2007 was phenomenal, and that owed nothing to the Wildcat.
Yeah, none of that was owed to the Wildcat, but must of it was owed to Cam Cameron, who is now long gone and turning Ray Rice into a fantasy monster instead.

I'd argue that Ronnie would have more value if they'd quit trying to get so cute with their scheming and playcalling. His first half of 2007 was phenomenal, and that owed nothing to the Wildcat.
Yeah, none of that was owed to the Wildcat, but must of it was owed to Cam Cameron, who is now long gone and turning Ray Rice into a fantasy monster instead.
Most of it was owed to Ronnie Brown, who ran and caught like a madman for seven games. That said, I acknowledge that Cam Cameron is a godsend for fantasy backs.

Looking to determine value next year and going forward.

Rank the following in a non-ppr dynasty format:

James Jones

Jacoby Jones

Anthony Gonzalez

Austin Collie

Jeremy Maclin

Malcolm Floyd

Kenny Britt

Robert Meachem

Winslow

Olsen

:wub:I agree that acquiring picks is a good strategy. I'm partners with Couch Potato in MOX VI, and he/we took over an abandoned team that was in poor shape back in 2007. We traded a lot the first two years and acquired a lot of picks, along with various players, the best of whom was Andre Johnson.In 2008, the extra picks were a mixed bag, as we ended up drafting Torain (1.9), Ryan (1.13), Kelly (2.3), and Hightower (2.6), and trading away some of the other extra picks. If Torain didn't get hurt last year, this might look a lot better. We made the playoffs, though, after missing in 2007.In 2009, it seems to have worked out quite well so far, though it's early: Moreno (1.1), Harvin (1.8), Stafford (1.9), and Scott (2.2), and again we had other picks that we traded away.In MOX, there are 14 teams and up to 4 RBs can start each week, and it is not PPR. We were having a really tough time improving the poor RB situation we inherited because we were not picking early enough in the draft, so we made the difficult decision last offseason to trade Andre Johnson, which is why we got the 1.1 and Moreno. We also traded Ryan in a package for Rodgers and, feeling we were turning the corner, some future picks for Jacobs.We'll see how it turns out, but we are arguably the top team in the league now (#2 in points, #1 in all play record). And one of the keys to the turnaround was aggressively stockpiling draft picks, which gave us a lot of options for turning over the roster.By the way, let me just throw in an unrelated plug for myfantasyleague.com. I'm not sure how many other sites preserve history of message board posts, transactions, etc. for past years, but it's really great to be able to look back at that stuff from a couple years ago. :shrug:

Anyone willing to throw out an opinion or two? I'm looking for a swing for the fences player. I'm in a 20 man roster 16 team dynasty league and would like to stash someone away who has at least some chance of making a difference in the next year or two.

With rosters that deep and 16 teams the choices are pretty slim. Standard NON ppr scoring. 6 points for a TD and 1 point per 10 yards gained. Here's my current options;

Sam Aiken

Danny Amendola

Jason Avant

Davone Bess

Jarret Dillard

BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Dewayne Jarret

Bryant Johnson

Legedu Naanee

Jordy Nelson

Malcom Kelly

Fred Taylor

Obviously there are no sure things on the list but I find Aiken intriguing due to the system he's in and the age of Welker & Moss. I'd love to hear some thoughts.

Many thanks!

Does anyone have any new thoughts on Royal after his solid performance against Pittsburgh?

My WR corps in one league is pretty thin so Ive been trying to target some young, undervalued receivers. A month or so ago, everyone seemed to be in agreement that he's a good buy low candidate that should bounce back at some point. Does anyone feel differently?

:goodposting:I agree that acquiring picks is a good strategy. I'm partners with Couch Potato in MOX VI, and he/we took over an abandoned team that was in poor shape back in 2007. We traded a lot the first two years and acquired a lot of picks, along with various players, the best of whom was Andre Johnson.In 2008, the extra picks were a mixed bag, as we ended up drafting Torain (1.9), Ryan (1.13), Kelly (2.3), and Hightower (2.6), and trading away some of the other extra picks. If Torain didn't get hurt last year, this might look a lot better. We made the playoffs, though, after missing in 2007.In 2009, it seems to have worked out quite well so far, though it's early: Moreno (1.1), Harvin (1.8), Stafford (1.9), and Scott (2.2), and again we had other picks that we traded away.In MOX, there are 14 teams and up to 4 RBs can start each week, and it is not PPR. We were having a really tough time improving the poor RB situation we inherited because we were not picking early enough in the draft, so we made the difficult decision last offseason to trade Andre Johnson, which is why we got the 1.1 and Moreno. We also traded Ryan in a package for Rodgers and, feeling we were turning the corner, some future picks for Jacobs.We'll see how it turns out, but we are arguably the top team in the league now (#2 in points, #1 in all play record). And one of the keys to the turnaround was aggressively stockpiling draft picks, which gave us a lot of options for turning over the roster.By the way, let me just throw in an unrelated plug for myfantasyleague.com. I'm not sure how many other sites preserve history of message board posts, transactions, etc. for past years, but it's really great to be able to look back at that stuff from a couple years ago. :thumbup:
Definitely agree on myfantasyleague.com. My favorite league manager for Dynasty as well as re-draft. I love the history they preserve in Dynasty.Re: Draft picks. I don't know that you consciously made a distinction here, but your post brings up a very important dichotomy. You were taking over an abandoned team; that's why draft picks were so important to you. It's almost a mandated strategy for rebuilding a deserted roster. On the flip side, though, say you have a balanced, young nucleus and you're a contender on a yearly basis. I'd rather use the draft picks as trade chips to acquire a good young player who can help me now as well as the future.

Users who are viewing this thread