Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Fear & Loathing

Dynasty Rankings

How are you deciding the "age" metric?I know, 1 to 5, but is 20 a 5? 21? 22? What age is a "perfect" score. I feel like for a RB, you would need to almost have an even scale from 21 to 31, which would give I believe ten steps, allowing you to just take off a half step for every year? Otherwise it seems subjective - is 24 as young as 23, or as old as 25? Is there a difference for players who are all born in 1987, but one in January, one in June, and one in December?

Yes, it is a sliding scale for age.
I kind of assumed it had to be. I meant more like, what determines what score? Is the difference between 31 and 32 the same as between 21 and 22? I don't know that it should be.

How are you deciding the "age" metric?I know, 1 to 5, but is 20 a 5? 21? 22? What age is a "perfect" score. I feel like for a RB, you would need to almost have an even scale from 21 to 31, which would give I believe ten steps, allowing you to just take off a half step for every year? Otherwise it seems subjective - is 24 as young as 23, or as old as 25? Is there a difference for players who are all born in 1987, but one in January, one in June, and one in December?

Yes, it is a sliding scale for age.
I kind of assumed it had to be. I meant more like, what determines what score? Is the difference between 31 and 32 the same as between 21 and 22? I don't know that it should be.
No, to me until a player reaches the end of their prime years, there is no real difference to me. Projecting that you would have Finley for the next 10 years as opposed to Hernandez's 12 years is no real difference to me. On the 1-5 scale, everyone up to 28 Yrs. old gets a full 5 pts., then the scale slides (pretty smooth) to 1 pt. which is at 33 yrs. old. For example, at tight end, Finley is a 5, Witten is 4.5, Gates 3, D.Clark 2.

Are you guys serious? It's New Years Eve.

Whats your point? :confused:
My point is get a life. Go out like the rest of us.
Thats funny since you are posting here too.
Wow you're a genius. Ever hear of a mobile phone? Not stop spamming and go out.
wait... you are 'out' on NYE and checking the back and forth in couple hundred page internet forum? ;)

liking the ADP Shtick, but I'll add...

When did LT2 turn to just LT?

It's time.

Edited by Sebowski

Can we see you full (or top 10 or so) rankings for RBs and WRs?The discussion about the formula and percentages is interesting and all but I'd love to see what the results are looking like with your latest tweaks. TIA ;)

1 ADP 4.643 MJD 4.574 Charles 4.566 Foster 4.562 CJ3 4.509 McFadden 4.447 Rice 4.375 Stewart 4.3410 Mendenhall 4.18Rank Org.Rank Player Score1 1 Calvin 4.492 2 AJ 4.453 4 Fitz 4.334 10 Jennings 4.335 5 Nicks 4.236 9 V.Jax 4.227 6 D.Bryant 4.208 3 R.White 4.199 8 D.Jackson 4.1210 15 Bowe 4.09For WRs, the Org.Rank is the original rank I had them at just on feelings and using the "would I take this player or that player" line of thought each step of the way.Also, the difference between the #10 spot at WR and #16 is .05 pts. so it's pretty much take your pick/favorite. So if someone is left out, they may be right there for the top 10 in terms of pts
Well, you changed my 'top 25' to 'top 10', but thanks for the lists and I can't wait to see if/when you post the rest.

Got a question i think might be quite relevant to this dynasty discussion thread:

As a contender in a deep dynasty league, would you trade Joe Flacco right now for Sam Bradford???

Edited by simdog

Got a question i think might be quite relevant to this dynasty discussion thread:As a contender in a deep dynasty league, would you trade Joe Flacco right now for Sam Bradford???

I personally would not. Flacco has weapons and a defense. The Rams' offense is a long way away from Baltimore's. After doing all the number crunching for my 2011 rankings (rough draft), I was surprised that Bradford ended up outside the top 18, but after watching the SEA game tonight, that seems about right.

not gonna quote that whole mess but does anyones opinion of bradford change? like, is he still destined to perennial pro bowler with a good chance to be manning level?

not gonna quote that whole mess but does anyones opinion of bradford change? like, is he still destined to perennial pro bowler with a good chance to be manning level?

Bradford finished his rookie season with 3500 yards, 18 tds and 15 picks. That is pretty good for a rookie and better than some veteran qbs this season. He will improve as well so expect some pretty good seasons ahead.

Bradford finished his rookie season with 3500 yards, 18 tds and 15 picks. That is pretty good for a rookie and better than some veteran qbs this season. He will improve as well so expect some pretty good seasons ahead.
ok so schaub or bradford straight up in dynasty today in a vacuum?

Don't trade just to trade. If you can get Schaub for Bradford then I would do it. Schaub has at least 5 years left of consistent production. Bradford may be younger but might not ever be as good as Schaub. Or he could blow up. No one knows but you have to either go with your gut on a call like that or take the safe and consistent approach with a guy like Schaub. I can't predict the future.

Is anybody concerned about all the touches that Arian Foster got this year? Was checking his stats and surprised to see just how much work he got. I always viewed him as a 15-20 touch guy because of how many yards he gets when he does touch the ball but was shocked to see 326 carries and 66 receptions...nearly 400 touches.

Compare that to some of the other stud RBs this year:

Johnson - 360

Mendenhall - 347

Turner - 346

Jones-Drew - 333

Hillis - 331

Peterson - 319

McCoy - 285

Charles - 275

McFadden - 270

I would be a little concerned about Foster in 2011, but not much. He didn't take a pounding this year (not many solid shots from the defense), he protects himself well, runs out of bounds when appropriate, and runs efficiently. Ward is a capable backup that can fill-in. I am surprised that his carry total is that high considering their defense was horrid and they were playing from behind so often. I am interested to see how the top 5 of drafts shakes out in 2011 with Foster in the mix.

Don't trade just to trade. If you can get Schaub for Bradford then I would do it. Schaub has at least 5 years left of consistent production. Bradford may be younger but might not ever be as good as Schaub. Or he could blow up. No one knows but you have to either go with your gut on a call like that or take the safe and consistent approach with a guy like Schaub. I can't predict the future.
i agree with your perspective. some of the earlier opinions were beyond my comprehension. something about a bird in hand...

How would u guys rank these young qbs in dynasty

Tebow

Bradford

Ryan

Flacco

Freeman

Luck (assuming he comes out)

Its pretty clear these guys are part of the next generation of elite ff qbs

How would u guys rank these young qbs in dynastyTebowBradfordRyanFlaccoFreemanLuck (assuming he comes out)Its pretty clear these guys are part of the next generation of elite ff qbs

I'd go:BradfordFreemanRyanFlaccoTebowI don't see enough college ball to have a good grip on Luck.. looking forward to watching him tonight though.

How would u guys rank these young qbs in dynastyTebowBradfordRyanFlaccoFreemanLuck (assuming he comes out)Its pretty clear these guys are part of the next generation of elite ff qbs

I'd go:BradfordFreemanRyanFlaccoTebowI don't see enough college ball to have a good grip on Luck.. looking forward to watching him tonight though.
I would rather have Tebow than both Ryan and Flacco. Those two guys are high end QB2s, Eli Manning types. Tebow is still an unknown, with rushing potential to be a QB1. I'd rather gamble on that than get a known quantity that isn't exactly elite.And Freeman over Bradford, he's already finished in the top 10, he has good weapons that are all as young or younger than he is - this is a team on the rise.

I would rather have Tebow than both Ryan and Flacco. Those two guys are high end QB2s, Eli Manning types. Tebow is still an unknown, with rushing potential to be a QB1. I'd rather gamble on that than get a known quantity that isn't exactly elite.And Freeman over Bradford, he's already finished in the top 10, he has good weapons that are all as young or younger than he is - this is a team on the rise.

I generally agree with your take regarding upside, but just don't see it with Tebow. I think it will be easy for NFL defenses to get a book on him and his mechanics need so much work. Granted he's a hard worker and that's what you want in a QB, but his instincts, mechanics, and pocket awareness seem like too many obstacles to overcome.Bradford and Freeman are really 1a and 1b on this list for me, but I give Bradford a slight edge because I expect he'll end up with more prolific passing numbers than Freeman. The Manning and Roethlisberger comparisons seem apt at this point. And that's no knock on Freeman - Roethlisberger won me a dynasty championship in 2007.You won't get any argument about Freeman's weapons, but don't forget those guys weren't even in the NFL a year ago - meaning there's no reason the Rams can't upgrade Bradford's weapons rather quickly too.

I would rather have Tebow than both Ryan and Flacco. Those two guys are high end QB2s, Eli Manning types. Tebow is still an unknown, with rushing potential to be a QB1. I'd rather gamble on that than get a known quantity that isn't exactly elite.

And Freeman over Bradford, he's already finished in the top 10, he has good weapons that are all as young or younger than he is - this is a team on the rise.

I generally agree with your take regarding upside, but just don't see it with Tebow. I think it will be easy for NFL defenses to get a book on him and his mechanics need so much work. Granted he's a hard worker and that's what you want in a QB, but his instincts, mechanics, and pocket awareness seem like too many obstacles to overcome.

Bradford and Freeman are really 1a and 1b on this list for me, but I give Bradford a slight edge because I expect he'll end up with more prolific passing numbers than Freeman. The Manning and Roethlisberger comparisons seem apt at this point. And that's no knock on Freeman - Roethlisberger won me a dynasty championship in 2007.

You won't get any argument about Freeman's weapons, but don't forget those guys weren't even in the NFL a year ago - meaning there's no reason the Rams can't upgrade Bradford's weapons rather quickly too.

:no:

His pocket awareness is one of his biggest strengths, not weaknesses. Similarly, he's a football player. He has great instincts. If not for those 2 qualities, he wouldn't be as successful as he's been. It's his mechanics and the offensive system he played in that have held him back more than anything.

I would rather have Tebow than both Ryan and Flacco. Those two guys are high end QB2s, Eli Manning types. Tebow is still an unknown, with rushing potential to be a QB1. I'd rather gamble on that than get a known quantity that isn't exactly elite.

And Freeman over Bradford, he's already finished in the top 10, he has good weapons that are all as young or younger than he is - this is a team on the rise.

I generally agree with your take regarding upside, but just don't see it with Tebow. I think it will be easy for NFL defenses to get a book on him and his mechanics need so much work. Granted he's a hard worker and that's what you want in a QB, but his instincts, mechanics, and pocket awareness seem like too many obstacles to overcome.

Bradford and Freeman are really 1a and 1b on this list for me, but I give Bradford a slight edge because I expect he'll end up with more prolific passing numbers than Freeman. The Manning and Roethlisberger comparisons seem apt at this point. And that's no knock on Freeman - Roethlisberger won me a dynasty championship in 2007.

You won't get any argument about Freeman's weapons, but don't forget those guys weren't even in the NFL a year ago - meaning there's no reason the Rams can't upgrade Bradford's weapons rather quickly too.

:no:

His pocket awareness is one of his biggest strengths, not weaknesses. Similarly, he's a football player. He has great instincts. If not for those 2 qualities, he wouldn't be as successful as he's been. It's his mechanics and the offensive system he played in that have held him back more than anything.

He didn't seem very fluid to me yesterday, but I'll have to watch more film. I'd love to be wrong - he's an electrifying player and those guys make fantasy fun.

Deal. Going PPG takes away one of Rivers' best assets in a comparison with Roethlisberger - he is durable and doesn't get suspended. But given Ben's 4 game suspension to start out the period of any bet, it seems PPG is necessary. However, IMO these are two reasons (durability, knucklehead factor) why Rivers should be ranked higher than Roethlisberger as a dynasty prospect.I suggest a sig bet to avoid money hassles, but I'll make a money bet if you prefer. Let's go with the 2010 regular season, FBG scoring, partial games count fully (i.e., no dicing up partial games). Missed games obviously do not count.Looking back on the 4 seasons since Rivers became a starter (FBG scoring):2006: Rivers 16.6, Roethlisberger 16.12007: Rivers 15.1, Roethlisberger 21.92008: Rivers 22.3, Roethlisberger 15.22009: Rivers 21.6, Roethlisberger 22.8Overall (2006-2009): Rivers 18.922, Roethlisberger 18.918Pretty close, but trending is better for Rivers.:)

I'd rather do a cash bet, since I'm now using my sig for advertising purposes. Hopefully Paypal works fine for you. To make it interesting, how about making it a dynamic bet- how about $5 for every difference in PPG, maximum $50? If Rivers outscores Roofles by 3.4 ppg, I owe you $17. If Roofles outscores Rivers by 6.5, you owe me $32.50. If one player outscores the other by 0.05 ppg, one of us is Paypalling the other $0.25. Are these terms acceptable?I realize trending may look like it's favoring Rivers, but I've said all along that I view 2008 as a total aberration for Roofles. I said before last season that I didn't think it held any predictive value going forward, since it was so uncharacteristic not just for him, but for the entire Pittsburgh offense. Looks like a pretty good call in retrospect. Looking at it in that light, I'd say Roofles is trending better.
Final:Rivers - 21.73 ppgRoethlisberger - 21.05 ppg:angry:

Any thoughts about the dynasty value of Seattle's Mike Williams?

I say 2011 will not be that much better than 2010 for Bradford. The tires are coming off of S.Jax as well - that will not help over the next couple seasons.

As a fantasy QB, I wouldn't be surprised to see Tebow have a better year in 2011 than Bradford.

On my rankings sheet I have them:#7 - Ryan#11 - Freeman#16 - Flacco#20 - Tebow#22 - Bradford18-23 are pretty interchangeable, so if Bradford at 23 offends some people, think of him at 18.

Any thoughts about the dynasty value of Seattle's Mike Williams?

If I were an owner of him I would be very concerned about the QB situation, the running game looking sad and the #2 WR spot needing someone to step up. I don't see Williams' breaking into the top 12 or 15 in FF.

I recall Vince Young getting similar hype to what Tebow is getting this year. I remember Vince ripped up the league for like 8 games his rookie year, then being the 9th-10th QB off the baord the next year in a lot of drafts. He busted horribly his sophomore year, not sure how much of it had to do with him being lazy in the offseason or how much of it was the league adjusting to his play.

BradfordRyanFlaccoLuckFreemanTebow

I recall Vince Young getting similar hype to what Tebow is getting this year. I remember Vince ripped up the league for like 8 games his rookie year, then being the 9th-10th QB off the baord the next year in a lot of drafts. He busted horribly his sophomore year, not sure how much of it had to do with him being lazy in the offseason or how much of it was the league adjusting to his play.

I tend to agree. I would want to see Tebow for at least half of a season(when it counts) before i would put him near those other QB's.

Tebow has put up Mike Vick numbers in his 3 starts. I am not saying he will be better than Luck, or the other young QBs, but I don't know how anyone could feel comfortable suggesting that there is a big gap.

Vince Young is (was) dumb. Tim Tebow is smart. Vince Young is (was) lazy. Tim Tebow is a hard worker. Aside from that, Tim Tebow is getting the "tough" yards, as opposed to depending on the long scampers for 1st downs. Tebow is also a bigger, stronger goal line threat. Tim Tebow is a different beast than anyone I recall seeing. Not better, but different, even than Vick. Tebow is a running QB, but he runs in a different way than the Youngs and Vicks. Edited by Concept Coop

Tebow has put up Mike Vick numbers in his 3 starts. I am not saying he will be better than Luck, or the other young QBs, but I don't know how anyone could feel comfortable suggesting that there is a big gap.
Luck is certainly more of a risk, but i havnt seen near enough of Tebow to put him up with the other guys. I might feel differently had i thought more of Tebow before this season, but i havnt seen anything from him in the NFL that has changed my mind. Sure, he has put up decent numbers, but he hasnt looked good doing it.

Vince Young is (was) dumb. Tim Tebow is smart. Vince Young is (was) lazy. Tim Tebow is a hard worker.
These things are true, but i dont think that Tebow has the physical skills of Young.

Tebow

Bradford

Ryan

Flacco

Freeman

Bradford

Ryan

Flacco

Luck

Freeman

Tebow

Luck is certainly more of a risk, but i havnt seen near enough of Tebow to put him up with the other guys. I might feel differently had i thought more of Tebow before this season, but i havnt seen anything from him in the NFL that has changed my mind. Sure, he has put up decent numbers, but he hasnt looked good doing it.

That is the scary thing! He is putting up 25-30 point games as a rookie, while struggling a bit throwing the ball. Imagine if his efficiency improves, even at a moderate rate. He drove down the field, all by himself, against one of the better defenses in the NFL. People questioned his ability to move the ball on the ground with his speed - myself included - and he is proving us wrong.

I am trying not to be too reactionary, but Tim Tebow is a dynamic, exciting player. I can't think of a single player in NFL history that offered a consistent short-intermediate running threat the way Tim Tebow has from the QB spot, if only for 3 games. That might not translate to a long or even productive career, but it is something to take note of and watch carefully. He is unique and offers a potential that most don't.

Even 30 yards a game rushing with 8 rushing TDs on the year, equates to 6 points a game that - other than Vick - other QBs are getting.

Edited by Concept Coop

Jerome Simpson, legit moving forward?

I wouldnt expect the type of numbers he has been putting up, but he could be a WR3 next year. Im working on my first set of Postseason rankings and there will be quite a few changes. Alot of the older guys will be moving down or off my board, and alot younger guys, like Simpson will be added or moved up. Right now i have Simpson in the 35-40 range. I would rather a younger guy like Simpson who has more risk than an older guy like Deion Branch. That is pretty much how i base all my rankings, no matter the position. A player with a 20% chance of top 15 WR numbers, and only a 50% chance at top 40 WR numbers is worth more than a WR with a 10% chance of top 15 numbers and a 90% chance at top 40 numbers. Of course there are other variables, but that is the case with all my rankings, especially after the top 10-15 of each position

Tebow

Bradford

Ryan

Flacco

Freeman

Bradford

Ryan

Flacco

Luck

Freeman

Tebow

That is the scary thing! He is putting up 25-30 point games as a rookie, while struggling a bit throwing the ball. Imagine if his efficiency improves, even at a moderate rate. He drove down the field, all by himself, against one of the better defenses in the NFL. People questioned his ability to move the ball on the ground with his speed - myself included - and he is proving us wrong.

I am trying not to be too reactionary, but Tim Tebow is a dynamic, exciting player. I can't think of a single player in NFL history that offered a consistent short-intermediate running threat the way Tim Tebow has from the QB spot, if only for 3 games. That might not translate to a long or even productive career, but it is something to take note of and watch carefully.

Kind of how Claussen led the Panthers down the field by himself yesterday against the Falcons? Tebow hasnt done much against anything but bad/soft defenses. Like i said, i want to see him look better than he has and do it when it counts. Im not saying i know he cant, i am just saying i havnt seen anything tha makes me think he will.

Kind of how Claussen led the Panthers down the field by himself yesterday against the Falcons? Tebow hasnt done much against anything but bad/soft defenses. Like i said, i want to see him look better than he has and do it when it counts. Im not saying i know he cant, i am just saying i havnt seen anything tha makes me think he will.

Clausen accounted for all of the rushing yards, while moving the ball through the air agianst the Falcons? I didn't watch the (Clausen's) game, but by all alone, I meant being the running threat, while passing the ball. Oakland's defense is not bad (especially against the pass), and San Diego's is good. I can see writing off his 300 yard passing game against the Texans, but that doesn't account for what he did on the ground, or the guts he showed willing his team to a win. I don't know how a rookie QB can look much better than Tebow, honestly. His numbers were on par with Bradford's, granted Bradford did it for a whole season:He completed 50%, as opposed to 60%, but averaged 2 yards more per completion. He threw more TDs than Ints as well.Again, small sample size, but the production is there, he looks great, and he offers what very few can, both in FF points and as an NFL QB. Edited by Concept Coop

This. The difference between Tebow's attitude and mental strength and Young's couldn't be greater. This comparison fails.

Clausen accounted for all of the rushing yards, while moving the ball through the air agianst the Falcons? I didn't watch the (Clausen's) game, but by all alone, I meant being the running threat, while passing the ball. Oakland's defense is not bad (especially against the pass), and San Diego's is good. I can see writing off his 300 yard passing game against the Texans, but that doesn't account for what he did on the ground, or the guts he showed willing his team to a win. I don't know how a rookie QB can look much better than Tebow, honestly. His numbers were on par with Bradford's, granted Bradford did it for a whole season:He completed 50%, as opposed to 60%, but averaged 2 yards more per completion. He threw more TDs than Ints as well.Again, small sample size, but the production is there, he looks great, and he offers what very few can, both in FF points and as an NFL QB.
There might have been a run or two on the last drive the Panthers scored on the Falcons. My point was it was against a prevent defense, in which the defense basically lets the QB run or throw short. Im not suggesting what Tebow has done is a negative, but its also not a positive. Its about what i would have expected out of him before he played the games.Its tough to judge either Tebow or Bradford after one season, especially based on numbers, but i like what i have seen from Bradford alot more than what i have seen from Tebow(from an NFL standpoint).

I think in general these guys are overvalued. None of them offer a competitive advantage in fantasy lineups in the nearterm except for potentially Tebow and Ryan. In 1QB leagues, if I had any of them I would sell, except for potentially those 2 I mentioned. The one notably missing name is probably the best buy. Johnson, Pettigrew, Best, and Burleson make a pretty good set of weapons. Throwing shoulder injury isn't to be taken lightly but the upside is as high as any of them except Tebow.

Tebow

Bradford

Ryan

Flacco

Freeman

I think in general these guys are overvalued. None of them offer a competitive advantage in fantasy lineups in the nearterm except for potentially Tebow and Ryan. In 1QB leagues, if I had any of them I would sell, except for potentially those 2 I mentioned.

The one notably missing name is probably the best buy. Johnson, Pettigrew, Best, and Burleson make a pretty good set of weapons. Throwing shoulder injury isn't to be taken lightly but the upside is as high as any of them except Tebow.

Strong post. Stafford is on my off season watch list.

With the news that Kubiak will be returning at HC I think Arian Foster has to be a top 2 RB next year and on, if you had to choose today. Same offensive system, every down back, played the entire season w/o injury, no competition for carries. I rank Foster and Peterson as the clear top two backs next year, with the next three or four guys all jumbled up(Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, LeSean McCoy, Ray Rice).

With the news that Kubiak will be returning at HC I think Arian Foster has to be a top 2 RB next year and on, if you had to choose today. Same offensive system, every down back, played the entire season w/o injury, no competition for carries. I rank Foster and Peterson as the clear top two backs next year, with the next three or four guys all jumbled up(Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, LeSean McCoy, Ray Rice).

No MJD? Look what he did this season, dealing with injuries. As for Foster, I have him 4th, because the 3 ahead of him are more proven (AP,CJ,MJD). But you are right, the news that Kubiak will retain the job is a good sign for Foster.

Tebow

Bradford

Ryan

Flacco

Freeman

I think in general these guys are overvalued. None of them offer a competitive advantage in fantasy lineups in the nearterm except for potentially Tebow and Ryan. In 1QB leagues, if I had any of them I would sell, except for potentially those 2 I mentioned.

The one notably missing name is probably the best buy. Johnson, Pettigrew, Best, and Burleson make a pretty good set of weapons. Throwing shoulder injury isn't to be taken lightly but the upside is as high as any of them except Tebow.

Strong post. Stafford is on my off season watch list.

In his two games played this year he did average more points than any other QB, including Vick. It is a small sample size, but considering what the other Lions QB's did this year, i would think Staffor has quite the upside going into next season.

One differnce i see in these young Qb's is their situation. Stafford and Tebow are in the best situations to put up FF numberss due to their WR's, and more importantly, their teams defense and/or running game.

Flacco and Ryan are in similarly bad situations because their teams play very good defense and are run first offenses. Same can be said about Freeman, except the Bucs like to pass in the Redzone, and probably becaue of their lack of an elite back.

Bradfords situation was terrible all the way around. Although he threw alot, the coaches kept it simple. That coupled with the WR's he had to work with limited his FF numbers.

Figuring out these players future situations is going to have just as big of an impact on their FF value as their talent. At this point, i feel good enough with all the players talent to think they have top 5-10 potential, with the exception of Tebow.

Based on talent and situation, i think Bradford is the best bet for top 5 QB numbers going forward, with Stafford not far behind...if he can stay healthy. Ryan is right behind them, but its not lack of talent that keeps him out of that tier. Flacco looks like he is going to be low end QB1/high end 2 for a while with that Ravens team. Freeman can be a QB1, although if they get a bettter running game, he will likely be in a Flacco situation for a while.

I think in general these guys are overvalued. None of them offer a competitive advantage in fantasy lineups in the nearterm except for potentially Tebow and Ryan. In 1QB leagues, if I had any of them I would sell, except for potentially those 2 I mentioned. The one notably missing name is probably the best buy. Johnson, Pettigrew, Best, and Burleson make a pretty good set of weapons. Throwing shoulder injury isn't to be taken lightly but the upside is as high as any of them except Tebow.
Take into account that I'm homer, but Bradford just had a Peyton Manning-esque rookie year. Why would anyone sell on that potential? Sure, things need to change in St. Louis - the line is still a project (but getting better) and they really need to get one of those talented WRs in the draft, but why would anyone give up based on what he did this year? I guess the question that needs to be answered is, what exactly is Bradford's value? It may be high, but who would sell a rising asset for cheap?

No MJD? Look what he did this season, dealing with injuries. As for Foster, I have him 4th, because the 3 ahead of him are more proven (AP,CJ,MJD). But you are right, the news that Kubiak will retain the job is a good sign for Foster.
Yeah, I forgot MJD. His coach looks like he's coming back as well.

When I got the tweet that Kubiak was back - I thought the same thing as you. Peterson and Foster are 1a, 1b on my rankings with CJ, Charles, MJD, Rice, McCoy all very close together in the next tier.

Take into account that I'm homer, but Bradford just had a Peyton Manning-esque rookie year. Why would anyone sell on that potential? Sure, things need to change in St. Louis - the line is still a project (but getting better) and they really need to get one of those talented WRs in the draft, but why would anyone give up based on what he did this year? I guess the question that needs to be answered is, what exactly is Bradford's value? It may be high, but who would sell a rising asset for cheap?

It's not rising. People are paying for the dream. He may be Peyton Manning and you'll be remembered as the guy who sold him after his rookie year. But if you get a WR1 like Austin or Fitzgerald and then get an undervalued guy who will outperform Bradford for the next couple years, then the wins you'll accumulate before Bradford hits his stride will probably ease the pain of selling him early.

The dream often costs more than the boring "yet another QB1 season" production. See how much Brady was undervalued this year. See how much Romo is undervalued right now. Sell Bradford for Fitzgerald. Sell your 1st for Romo. You will win more games than you would with Blackmon and Bradford for the foreseeable future.