Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Fear & Loathing

Dynasty Rankings

There are a couple guys for next year that I am feeling pretty good about, but I would like to get some thoughts from the long-time dynasty players to get some feedback.

1. Charles Clay (RB/FB/TE, Miami) - MFL has him listed as a RB, but I am hopeful that they will switch him to TE next season. As a RB/FB/TE hybrid, there are a lot of opportunities for this guy to to pick a lot in the way of stats. Goal line rushes and a big receiving option? Personally, I think he's one of the best sleepers for next year...especially if the switch to TE happens on MFL.

2. Julian Edelman (WR, New England) - I was really high on him about a month ago, but with his recent conversion to CB, I have worries that he may lose his value in non-IDP leagues. I think this is one that you just have to wait on, and hope he will move back to WR and have an opportunity for some more inclusion into the passing game.

3. Rob Housler (TE, Arizona) - He wasn't heavily involved this season, the Cardinals have an opportunity to get him involved next season. Heap is aging, and Jeff King has never been much more than a blocker and a decent receiver. If Housler steals the starting job, I could see him as a top 10 TE option in the next year or two.

Any thoughts about these three guys?

There are a couple guys for next year that I am feeling pretty good about, but I would like to get some thoughts from the long-time dynasty players to get some feedback.1. Charles Clay (RB/FB/TE, Miami) - MFL has him listed as a RB, but I am hopeful that they will switch him to TE next season. As a RB/FB/TE hybrid, there are a lot of opportunities for this guy to to pick a lot in the way of stats. Goal line rushes and a big receiving option? Personally, I think he's one of the best sleepers for next year...especially if the switch to TE happens on MFL.2. Julian Edelman (WR, New England) - I was really high on him about a month ago, but with his recent conversion to CB, I have worries that he may lose his value in non-IDP leagues. I think this is one that you just have to wait on, and hope he will move back to WR and have an opportunity for some more inclusion into the passing game.3. Rob Housler (TE, Arizona) - He wasn't heavily involved this season, the Cardinals have an opportunity to get him involved next season. Heap is aging, and Jeff King has never been much more than a blocker and a decent receiver. If Housler steals the starting job, I could see him as a top 10 TE option in the next year or two.Any thoughts about these three guys?

Housler is worth a speculative buy, in case Peyton ends up in Arizona. Clay doesn't seem like he will ever have value. Same with Edelman, they will keep Welker and they will also add a younger speed guy since Branch and Ocho are in decline.

There are a couple guys for next year that I am feeling pretty good about, but I would like to get some thoughts from the long-time dynasty players to get some feedback.1. Charles Clay (RB/FB/TE, Miami) - MFL has him listed as a RB, but I am hopeful that they will switch him to TE next season. As a RB/FB/TE hybrid, there are a lot of opportunities for this guy to to pick a lot in the way of stats. Goal line rushes and a big receiving option? Personally, I think he's one of the best sleepers for next year...especially if the switch to TE happens on MFL.2. Julian Edelman (WR, New England) - I was really high on him about a month ago, but with his recent conversion to CB, I have worries that he may lose his value in non-IDP leagues. I think this is one that you just have to wait on, and hope he will move back to WR and have an opportunity for some more inclusion into the passing game.3. Rob Housler (TE, Arizona) - He wasn't heavily involved this season, the Cardinals have an opportunity to get him involved next season. Heap is aging, and Jeff King has never been much more than a blocker and a decent receiver. If Housler steals the starting job, I could see him as a top 10 TE option in the next year or two.Any thoughts about these three guys?

Housler is worth a speculative buy, in case Peyton ends up in Arizona. Clay doesn't seem like he will ever have value. Same with Edelman, they will keep Welker and they will also add a younger speed guy since Branch and Ocho are in decline.
Any reason for your thoughts on Clay? He was a rookie who showed some flashes last year...and is a hybrid player. Seems like he could be a valuable asset in the future.Seems early to have the opinion that he will never have value.

Any reason for your thoughts on Clay? He was a rookie who showed some flashes last year...and is a hybrid player. Seems like he could be a valuable asset in the future.Seems early to have the opinion that he will never have value.
He was mostly used as a blocking FB last year and did not have one carry all season - so I'm not sure why you think he'll ever see a decent enough amount of carries to make any contribution at all as a runner. He only had 16 catches on the season and it's only because of a pair of 1 yard TD catches in the last two weeks that he is even on anyone's radar (if he is at all). He wasn't all that impressive on the few catches I saw out of him.He was a fairly productive college TE at Tulsa, so maybe he can make some further contributions as a pass catcher, but with Fasano already in the mix and a strong possibility that the team adds a more athletic pass catching TE, I kind of agree with Dawg Pound. You'd have to have very deep rosters to even carry him for any length of time.

He was mostly used as a blocking FB last year and did not have one carry all season - so I'm not sure why you think he'll ever see a decent enough amount of carries to make any contribution at all as a runner. He only had 16 catches on the season and it's only because of a pair of 1 yard TD catches in the last two weeks that he is even on anyone's radar (if he is at all). He wasn't all that impressive on the few catches I saw out of him.

Only times I saw him added were after the Buffalo game. Don't think anyone's naive enough to see value in fluke 1 yd TDs. The question is can he be a more dynamic TE than Fasano. Given he was a 6th round rookie drafted on ATH, there is room to grow. If Dawg says Housler is worth a speculative add if Peyton ends up in Arizona, why is Clay any different. Housler is no less raw, no less speculative.If he becomes more of a factor, I think sites will start moving him to TE due to his more H-Back role. Especially if Peyton's in Miami, since they will have no use for a FB and he will have to lineup at TE. If a Peyton-led Dolphins have a Joker TE, it is Clay.

Who do we think emerges as Carolina's #2 WR? I've seen a few people talk up Gettis but I don't see him mentioned much. If healthy is he better than LaFell?

My answer would be neither. There are a lot of good FA WRs this year and I suspect they go out and get one of them.

He was mostly used as a blocking FB last year and did not have one carry all season - so I'm not sure why you think he'll ever see a decent enough amount of carries to make any contribution at all as a runner. He only had 16 catches on the season and it's only because of a pair of 1 yard TD catches in the last two weeks that he is even on anyone's radar (if he is at all). He wasn't all that impressive on the few catches I saw out of him.He was a fairly productive college TE at Tulsa, so maybe he can make some further contributions as a pass catcher, but with Fasano already in the mix and a strong possibility that the team adds a more athletic pass catching TE, I kind of agree with Dawg Pound. You'd have to have very deep rosters to even carry him for any length of time.
I'm more interested in him due to the Buffalo game where he showed some flashes to get open and put up some solid numbers. Obviously it was only one game, but when he's the 35th offensive player on your roster (as he is on mine), I think he represents a lot more value than most.While I think you're right that he'll never get a lot of carries, someone who can play the TE/FB hybrid role DOES have the opportunity for some cheap one yard scores.

I started a blog for a dynasty league I commish after getting suspended from the forum I use to run it. I've since decided to do some dynasty rankings and stuck them on the page.

It's my first ever go at dynasty rankings so I'm sure I'll have overlooked some things but I'm more than happy to discuss what I have up there...

Here's a link for anyone interested:

http://www.kickbackdynasty.blogspot.com/?m=1

Only times I saw him added were after the Buffalo game. Don't think anyone's naive enough to see value in fluke 1 yd TDs. The question is can he be a more dynamic TE than Fasano. Given he was a 6th round rookie drafted on ATH, there is room to grow. If Dawg says Housler is worth a speculative add if Peyton ends up in Arizona, why is Clay any different. Housler is no less raw, no less speculative.If he becomes more of a factor, I think sites will start moving him to TE due to his more H-Back role. Especially if Peyton's in Miami, since they will have no use for a FB and he will have to lineup at TE. If a Peyton-led Dolphins have a Joker TE, it is Clay.

I was just saying that some one may just be reviewing stats, and see he finished the season with 3 TDs and think he may have some potential.Clay wasn't really used as a TE last season, but as you said in more of a H-back/Fullback role. I watched him in three games and ge just didn't look athletic or dynamic. Personally I don't think he's better than Fasano - who is a solid TE. I think if they want a more dynamic TE they draft one or bring one in.As a speculative add, sure there's no harm to it if you have deep rosters. Edited by Dr. Octopus

I started a blog for a dynasty league I commish after getting suspended from the forum I use to run it. I've since decided to do some dynasty rankings and stuck them on the page.It's my first ever go at dynasty rankings so I'm sure I'll have overlooked some things but I'm more than happy to discuss what I have up there...Here's a link for anyone interested:http://www.kickbackdynasty.blogspot.com/?m=1

Vick as the #22 QB seems much too low.

I started a blog for a dynasty league I commish after getting suspended from the forum I use to run it. I've since decided to do some dynasty rankings and stuck them on the page.It's my first ever go at dynasty rankings so I'm sure I'll have overlooked some things but I'm more than happy to discuss what I have up there...Here's a link for anyone interested:http://www.kickbackdynasty.blogspot.com/?m=1

First, nice job and thanks for posting.I think you may be the only dynasty player on Earth to value Alex Smith over these guys:17. Andy Dalton18. Josh Freeman 19. Robert Griffin III 21. Tim Tebow22. Michael VickEven in his "career" year, Smith only threw for 17 TDs - just don't see any upside there. Edited by Dr. Octopus

Yeah after looking again that seems like an oversight on my part. I've gone back and checked just how well he played when healthy. I'll be moving him up into the middle of tier 4.

First, nice job and thanks for posting.I think you may be the only dynasty player on Earth to value Alex Smith over these guys:17. Andy Dalton18. Josh Freeman 19. Robert Griffin III 21. Tim Tebow22. Michael VickEven in his "career" year, Smith only threw for 17 TDs - just don't see any upside there.
Thanks for the response. I really shouldn't have but ratings on the guys in Tier 4 as I had great difficulty separating them. To me they're really all incredibly close until some of the situations play out (Flynn in FA, Bucs OC & RG3's draft destination). Smith is a guy who has the backing of a good coach in Harbaugh, he may not have much upside but he's steady. I just don't see Tebow as a long term starter in the league and I worry about Vick's ability to perform once his legs start to go.

Yeah after looking again that seems like an oversight on my part. I've gone back and checked just how well he played when healthy. I'll be moving him up into the middle of tier 4.

First, nice job and thanks for posting.I think you may be the only dynasty player on Earth to value Alex Smith over these guys:17. Andy Dalton18. Josh Freeman 19. Robert Griffin III 21. Tim Tebow22. Michael VickEven in his "career" year, Smith only threw for 17 TDs - just don't see any upside there.
Thanks for the response. I really shouldn't have but ratings on the guys in Tier 4 as I had great difficulty separating them. To me they're really all incredibly close until some of the situations play out (Flynn in FA, Bucs OC & RG3's draft destination). Smith is a guy who has the backing of a good coach in Harbaugh, he may not have much upside but he's steady. I just don't see Tebow as a long term starter in the league and I worry about Vick's ability to perform once his legs start to go.
I agree with you on Tebow (to some extent), but in this range where QBs are fantasy "back-ups" I'll take the guy with loads of upside over a guy that's "steady".I actually enjoy when people take different stands and rank more by their own feel than be just following the consensus though - so I'm not saying that you're "wrong" by ranking Smith where you do (even if I disagree with it).

I agree with you on Tebow (to some extent), but in this range where QBs are fantasy "back-ups" I'll take the guy with loads of upside over a guy that's "steady".I actually enjoy when people take different stands and rank more by their own feel than be just following the consensus though - so I'm not saying that you're "wrong" by ranking Smith where you do (even if I disagree with it).
Appreciate that. I've just stuck some TE rankings up although they are probably closer to a consensus.Just started this whole rankings business and trying to generate discussion of any kind during the offseason (when only the commited folks hang around).

Wesseling has updated QB and RB rankings on Rotoworld http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/40008/69/dynasty-rankings-qbs

He's really high on RG3 and Luck. Not incredibly high on Richardson but still has him RB11 (and #3 rookie pick). Aside from that not too many surprises.

Thanks fot the heads up. He always adds an interesting perspective. I'm actually a little surprised he isn't all that high on Richardson, given his love of Stewart (I see them as very similiar).

Wesseling has updated QB and RB rankings on Rotoworld http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/40008/69/dynasty-rankings-qbs

He's really high on RG3 and Luck. Not incredibly high on Richardson but still has him RB11 (and #3 rookie pick). Aside from that not too many surprises.

Wow, looks like he really likes this year's crop of rookie RBs. 4 in the top 25. Richardson is no surprise, but the other 3 are a bit of a surprise to me. I can't recall if he usually ranks the rookie Rbs that high. I'll try to see if I can find his prior rankings during last offseason.

Wow, looks like he really likes this year's crop of rookie RBs. 4 in the top 25. Richardson is no surprise, but the other 3 are a bit of a surprise to me. I can't recall if he usually ranks the rookie Rbs that high. I'll try to see if I can find his prior rankings during last offseason.
I think it just may come down to the uninspiring names that are in that range where he ranks Miller, Marton and Wilson. You're choosing from amongst aging backs (Jackson, Gore and Bush), guys with serious injury histories (Best, Bradshaw and LeShoure), NFL backups (Hunter, Tate) and a whole bunch of question marks - might as well take a chance on the "unknowns".

Jones-drew 12???? Not a chance.

Do YOU even know what you are posting about?

IF you are talking about F&L's rankings, he has MJD at #6 and ADP at #7 in the dynasty RB rankings article referenced by thriftyrocker. IF you are referring to Chris' overall top 300, which still has MJD at #12 overall (and ADP at #1), then you are waaay behind the times as that list hasn't been updated in quite some time...

Perhaps you should read the article, and then if you are capable of posting more than a pair of 3 word sentences, you could let us know exactly what your beef is with Chris' rankings...

Dynasty Rankings: RB

I think it just may come down to the uninspiring names that are in that range where he ranks Miller, Marton and Wilson. You're choosing from amongst aging backs (Jackson, Gore and Bush), guys with serious injury histories (Best, Bradshaw and LeShoure), NFL backups (Hunter, Tate) and a whole bunch of question marks - might as well take a chance on the "unknowns".
Exactly. He even states in the Tier 2 section of his QB page, where he discusses his RGIII and Luckrankings:

Healthy skepticism is encouraged, but there's not a lazier protest than "hasn't played a game." Potential difference-makers must be ranked high right out of the starting gates. It's not just that trade value skyrockets after the first breakout game; it's that they get taken off the table in trade talks immediately thereafter. If you want an untouchable player, you must assign a high value before the rest of your leaguemates.

IF you are talking about F&L's rankings, he has MJD at #6 and ADP at #7 in the dynasty RB rankings article referenced by thriftyrocker. IF you are referring to Chris' overall top 300, which still has MJD at #12 overall (and ADP at #1), then you are waaay behind the times as that list hasn't been updated in quite some time...

Perhaps you should read the article, and then if you are capable of posting more than a pair of 3 word sentences, you could let us know exactly what your beef is with Chris' rankings...

Chris ranked his top 12 overall in the QB section written March 3, 2012 and MJD is #12. That wasn't that long ago. I personally don't have any problem with his MJD ranking.

Dynasty Rankings: QB

Yes I know what I'm posting about and I don't agree with MJD in the top 12 of dynasty rankings. Is that so hard to understand?

Yes I know what I'm posting about and I don't agree with MJD in the top 12 of dynasty rankings. Is that so hard to understand?

When you don't clarify what you are referring to by quoting a previous post or citing the article in question, YES it is VERY hard to understand. Especially if all you are going to do is write a couple three word sentences about it. Unless you are willing to share some reasoning for your disagreement, then better not to post at all.

Here allow me to demonstrate:

I'm a huge fan of MJD, but if we are talking about a startup dynasty league, then #12 overall probably isn't where I would draft him personally...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the talents of MR. Jones-Drew and believe if he were on a team where he wasn't the only real offensive threat he could be the #1 fantasy RB. He does everything and does it all amazingly well. Unfortunately Jax is one of the least talented offenses in the league, with no supporting cast to keep defenses from keying on MJD and holding down his production and scoring opportunities. The top 3-5 fantasy RB numbers he still manages to put up in such a horrible situation are a testament to just how freakishly talented this mighty mouse really is.

However, my reasons for questioning F&L's ranking of MJD would start with what appears to be the beginning of chronic knee problems (when he drops off it will be sudden and it will be off a cliff rather than a gradual decline), and my lack of trust in Jax to put any complementary offensive pieces in place to maximize his talents.

Beyond that, if I could, I would list RBs that I believe should be ranked ahead of MJD in the RB rankings (6th) and other positional players I would take ahead of him in the overall rankings (12th).

All of that being said, I'm okay with MJD as the #6 RB and can't conceive of bumping him down more than a couple of spots (splitting hairs at that point).

Though #12 overall in a startup dynasty is a bit high IMO. After the first five RBs are gone, there are at least a few more WRs that I would consider over MJD (i.e. A.J.Green, Mike Wallace, Dez Bryant, Greg Jennings, Etc.) and in a TE required league Graham might be worth a look as well. Also a couple of QBs (Brees, Brady, Stafford, Etc.)

However, Chris' rankings aren't geared specifically towards startups. And therefore, I can understand why he might project and value 2-3 more seasons worth of MJD elite production as top 12 overall RIGHT NOW. Particularly when you consider how rare it is becoming to get consistent elite fantasy numbers out of the RB position, and which Chris addresses in his RB article that you should probably read as well...

Where does Mikel Leshoure rank nowadays? I just read that he is healing "perfectly." Considering what street fodder Kevin Smith was able to do in that offense, I think if he comes back healthy which is no certainty, his upside is extremely high. Some sites had him ranked above Mark Ingram last season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=6484&line=229068&spln=1

Dr. Bob Anderson informed Mikel Leshoure that his Achilles surgery was one of the better procedures he's performed and the injury is healing perfectly.

Leshoure is regaining strength in his calf and Achilles. Although he's yet to run full-speed sprints or cuts, Leshoure's lower leg feels good after jogging and running half-gassers. Leshoure is making no guarantees on training camp, but insists he will be "100 percent to go" in time for the season opener. Mar. 6 - 3:25 pm et

Edited by Sabertooth

Where does Mikel Leshoure rank nowadays? I just read that he is healing "perfectly." Considering what street fodder Kevin Smith was able to do in that offense, I think if he comes back healthy which is no certainty, his upside is extremely high. Some sites had him ranked above Mark Ingram last season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=6484&line=229068&spln=1

Dr. Bob Anderson informed Mikel Leshoure that his Achilles surgery was one of the better procedures he's performed and the injury is healing perfectly.

Leshoure is regaining strength in his calf and Achilles. Although he's yet to run full-speed sprints or cuts, Leshoure's lower leg feels good after jogging and running half-gassers. Leshoure is making no guarantees on training camp, but insists he will be "100 percent to go" in time for the season opener. Mar. 6 - 3:25 pm et

I'm going to be on the negative side of LeShoure until it's too late to get him cheap, just don't trust him returning to anything close to what I expected of him pre injury given the nature of that injury. I'd probably take him early on in round 2 of a rookie draft this year.

When you don't clarify what you are referring to by quoting a previous post or citing the article in question, YES it is VERY hard to understand. Especially if all you are going to do is write a couple three word sentences about it. Unless you are willing to share some reasoning for your disagreement, then better not to post at all.

I'm a huge fan of MJD, but if we are talking about a startup dynasty league, then #12 overall probably isn't where I would draft him personally...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the talents of MR. Jones-Drew and believe if he were on a team where he wasn't the only real offensive threat he could be the #1 fantasy RB. He does everything and does it all amazingly well. Unfortunately Jax is one of the least talented offenses in the league, with no supporting cast to keep defenses from keying on MJD and holding down his production and scoring opportunities. The top 3-5 fantasy RB numbers he still manages to put up in such a horrible situation are a testament to just how freakishly talented this mighty mouse really is.

However, my reasons for questioning F&L's ranking of MJD would start with what appears to be the beginning of chronic knee problems (when he drops off it will be sudden and it will be off a cliff rather than a gradual decline), and my lack of trust in Jax to put any complementary offensive pieces in place to maximize his talents.

Beyond that, if I could, I would list RBs that I believe should be ranked ahead of MJD in the RB rankings (6th) and other positional players I would take ahead of him in the overall rankings (12th).

All of that being said, I'm okay with MJD as the #6 RB and can't conceive of bumping him down more than a couple of spots (splitting hairs at that point).

Though #12 overall in a startup dynasty is a bit high IMO. After the first five RBs are gone, there are at least a few more WRs that I would consider over MJD (i.e. A.J.Green, Mike Wallace, Dez Bryant, Greg Jennings, Etc.) and in a TE required league Graham might be worth a look as well. Also a couple of QBs (Brees, Brady, Stafford, Etc.)

However, Chris' rankings aren't geared specifically towards startups. And therefore, I can understand why he might project and value 2-3 more seasons worth of MJD elite production as top 12 overall RIGHT NOW. Particularly when you consider how rare it is becoming to get consistent elite fantasy numbers out of the RB position, and which Chris addresses in his RB article that you should probably read as well...

So in summation be as boringly verbose as possible? If you read the thread in order of posts and clicked on the link, his post wasn't the slightest bit vague or ambiguous. A pair of 3 word sentences > 6 lines of blah blah.

Liked the rankings as always. I think Best @23 is just way too high though.

I'm going to be on the negative side of LeShoure until it's too late to get him cheap, just don't trust him returning to anything close to what I expected of him pre injury given the nature of that injury. I'd probably take him early on in round 2 of a rookie draft this year.
He's certainly a boom/bust guy right now but after watching Demaryius last season, you just can't say this is a career ending type of injury any more. I have him already but thank you for the value assessment.

So in summation be as boringly verbose as possible? If you read the thread in order of posts and clicked on the link, his post wasn't the slightest bit vague or ambiguous. A pair of 3 word sentences > 6 lines of blah blah.Liked the rankings as always. I think Best @23 is just way too high though.

I was simply trying to elaborate on some potential pros and cons regarding F&L's rankings, not bore you to tears. :rolleyes:Simply saying Chris' rankings are wrong without providing any context or support to your argument is a wasted posting IMO. Chris created this thread and it has often been driven by HIS rankings for much of the last 5.5 yrs...

What I was thinking too. If the guys I liked were gone at the 1/2 rookie turn I'd be OK with giving up the pick for Leshoure. Doubt that's enough to land him unless the current owner had a rook he was in love with, but still seems about right to me.

Yes the Lions signed Smith "off the street" due to his slow recovery from a major injury of his own, but he's hardly "street fodder". He, like LeShoure, was also a second round pick (maybe third) and was a highly thought of prospect coming into the league. He looked good as a rookie, before injuries started setting in during his sophmore season.

Demaryius Thomas's recovery has to give hope to LeShoure owners of course, but I'd still be a little leary as the RB position is a different animal than the WR position. Because he wasn't an explosive back in the first place, it probably also offers some hope. He isn't a player that I'd run out to acquire, but if I owned him I'd feel a lot better heading into this season than I did before seeing Thomas play last year.

He's certainly a boom/bust guy right now but after watching Demaryius last season, you just can't say this is a career ending type of injury any more. I have him already but thank you for the value assessment.
Different position still leaves a lot of doubt in my mind. Had it been more of a cutter like Welker I'd be more positive, but Demaryius' game doesn't involve much quick cutting.

Sorry I don't have time during my work day to explain to you why I don't see MJD as a top 12 dynasty player. Throw out an opinion and everybody jumps on you. Sour grapes or what?

There are a number of reasons I would take multiple players before MJD which include age, mileage, injury concerns, team around him, the way teams are trending with the 2 or 3 back system and the history of running backs. I would much rather have AJ Green, Hakeem Nicks, Mike Wallace, a few other receivers or about 5 other running backs before MJD. How much longer can MJD carry the load for the Jags in a 1 back system? We have all witnessed the downfall of backs once they fall off a click and that time is soon for MJD. Just look back over the history of the league and the career span of running backs.

Sorry I don't have time during my work day to explain to you why I don't see MJD as a top 12 dynasty player. Throw out an opinion and everybody jumps on you. Sour grapes or what?

There are a number of reasons I would take multiple players before MJD which include age, mileage, injury concerns, team around him, the way teams are trending with the 2 or 3 back system and the history of running backs. I would much rather have AJ Green, Hakeem Nicks, Mike Wallace, a few other receivers or about 5 other running backs before MJD. How much longer can MJD carry the load for the Jags in a 1 back system? We have all witnessed the downfall of backs once they fall off a click and that time is soon for MJD. Just look back over the history of the league and the career span of running backs.

:confused:

MJD is 27 in a couple weeks.

Edited by Dr. Awesome

Thank you.

son Att Yds TD Fum Lost Rec Yds TD

2011 343 1606 8 1 43 374 3

2010 299 1324 5 2 34 317 2

2009 312 1391 15 1 53 374 1

2008 197 824 12 3 62 565 2

2007 167 768 9 2 40 407

2006 166 941 13 1 46 436 2

Edited by eaglesfan7

Thank you.

son Att Yds TD Fum Lost Rec Yds TD

2011 343 1606 8 1 43 374 3

2010 299 1324 5 2 34 317 2

2009 312 1391 15 1 53 374 1

2008 197 824 12 3 62 565 2

2007 167 768 9 2 40 407

2006 166 941 13 1 46 436 2

Looks to me like he's getting better :thumbup:

Don't you agree?

Thank you. son Att Yds TD Fum Lost Rec Yds TD 2011 343 1606 8 1 43 374 3 642010 299 1324 5 2 34 317 2 442009 312 1391 15 1 53 374 1 712008 197 824 12 3 62 565 2 752007 167 768 9 2 40 407 2006 166 941 13 1 46 436 2

:confused: What 11 rb's would you rather have over him? He's carried a large load but from the data Yudkin and others have found, it seems young guys who carry the ball a bunch are MORE likely to continue to carry the ball a bunch (though the data is limited).I think we're looking at 3 years minimum of high level fantasy production. Unless your argument is a guy is going to suddenly breakdown because he can't carry a large load except for the large load he's carried the past several years.

Thank you. son Att Yds TD Fum Lost Rec Yds TD 2011 343 1606 8 1 43 374 3 642010 299 1324 5 2 34 317 2 442009 312 1391 15 1 53 374 1 712008 197 824 12 3 62 565 2 752007 167 768 9 2 40 407 2006 166 941 13 1 46 436 2

:confused: What 11 rb's would you rather have over him? He's carried a large load but from the data Yudkin and others have found, it seems young guys who carry the ball a bunch are MORE likely to continue to carry the ball a bunch (though the data is limited).I think we're looking at 3 years minimum of high level fantasy production. Unless your argument is a guy is going to suddenly breakdown because he can't carry a large load except for the large load he's carried the past several years.
It's not eleven running backs, it's his top 12 dynasty players. I'm not saying I wouldn't take MJD in the top 10 running backs but he has him in the top 12 of dynasty players regardless of position.

It's not eleven running backs, it's his top 12 dynasty players. I'm not saying I wouldn't take MJD in the top 10 running backs but he has him in the top 12 of dynasty players regardless of position.
Okay, then you're just nitpicking. He's certainly in the discussion for being ranked #12. Hardly worthy of a "not a chance".

Given the hints about the nature of MJD's knee injuries I'd be apprehensive about taking him that early too. Haven't made a dyno ranking list yet and won't until after the draft,. but I'd be surprised if he's in my top 12 overall. Probably in my top 12 RB, but not overall.

Wouldn't touch MJD or ADP in dynasty with a ten foot pole. That would be paying through the nose for past production. I don't see the future outlook for either player being too rosy. Their best years are well behind them.

Wouldn't touch MJD or ADP in dynasty with a ten foot pole. That would be paying through the nose for past production. I don't see the future outlook for either player being too rosy. Their best years are well behind them.

Two of the biggest Risk/Reward fantasy players I can conceive of for the next 2-3 seasons. With such a premium on top 3-5 RB production, I wouldn't entirely dismiss either out of hand.And I wouldn't be shocked to see either one of them squeeze out a couple more years of elite production.However, I agree owners shouldn't overspend to acquire them (which is what I think you're driving at here). That's not quite the same as some people's (my own) concept of not touching "with a ten foot pole."

Two of the biggest Risk/Reward fantasy players I can conceive of for the next 2-3 seasons. With such a premium on top 3-5 RB production, I wouldn't entirely dismiss either out of hand.And I wouldn't be shocked to see either one of them squeeze out a couple more years of elite production.However, I agree owners shouldn't overspend to acquire them (which is what I think you're driving at here). That's not quite the same as some people's (my own) concept of not touching "with a ten foot pole."
On a team in win-now mode that has the depth to take them on they're a great risk. Start-up when all is equal? Someone else can dance with them.

http://www.rotoworld...e=229068&spln=1

Yes the Lions signed Smith "off the street" due to his slow recovery from a major injury of his own, but he's hardly "street fodder". He, like LeShoure, was also a second round pick (maybe third) and was a highly thought of prospect coming into the league. He looked good as a rookie, before injuries started setting in during his sophmore season.

Demaryius Thomas's recovery has to give hope to LeShoure owners of course, but I'd still be a little leary as the RB position is a different animal than the WR position. Because he wasn't an explosive back in the first place, it probably also offers some hope. He isn't a player that I'd run out to acquire, but if I owned him I'd feel a lot better heading into this season than I did before seeing Thomas play last year.

In the dynasty startup I recently completed, I debated about taking LeShoure or Michael Bush. I ended up going with Bush after reading this tidbit from Rotoworld.

So even in the event that LeShoure makes a full recovery, his upside is going to be extremely limited in a multiple timeshare. Given the health problems of all three of those guys, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they brought in a draft pick to compete as well.

Coach Jim Schwartz expects RB Mikel Leshoure (Achilles surgery) to join teammates for the Lions' offseason program.

"He's certainly not ready to go carry the ball right now," Schwartz conceded, but the hope is that he'll be recovered by training camp. Schwartz wants to model his backfield on the Saints, with Leshoure in the Mark Ingram short-yardage/clock-killing role, Jahvid Best mirroring Darren Sproles, and perhaps Kevin Smith as a Pierre Thomas-like jack-of-all-trades. Unfortunately, major injury concerns follow all three Lions backs.

^^^That may be what he wants to do, but health is probably going to force his hand. Personally, I don't own any of them in any dyno's nor will I pursue them as anything more than a throw-in. Not a situation I feel comfortable investing in.

Curious to peoples thoughts, in a start 2qb league, ppr league, who goes #1, Andrew Luck or Trichardson?

Good chance that Richardson goes 3rd overall in that format.

Curious to peoples thoughts, in a start 2qb league, ppr league, who goes #1, Andrew Luck or Trichardson?

I play in a 2qb. I have the fifth pick. I have them Luck, RG3, Richardson, Blackmon, ....and then my suck pick.

I play in a 2qb. I have the fifth pick. I have them Luck, RG3, Richardson, Blackmon, ....and then my suck pick.
I think you're discounting Floyd a bit there tbh. I'm sitting at 5 in my .5 ppr league and I'll be thrilled to get him. Agree with your order otherwise though.