What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Rankings (5 Viewers)

As for Ingram, two years of utter mediocrity on an otherwise explosive offense is a pretty big knock against him. I thought he would be solid coming out of Alabama, but I jumped ship after his rookie year and I'm glad that I did. He's shown basically nothing and looks like he'll be a Benson type at best. I would definitely rather gamble on the upside of a more explosive player with a similar pedigree, which is what Wilson represents.
As for Wilson, I don't disagree with your valuation him; just question the market value that you suggest. There is a lot of buzz about him in this forum. It will depend on our individual leagues, so there is likely no right or wrong - all it takes is one trade partner, as they say. I will certainly be testing his value, at the very least.As for Ingram, he has looked a lot better than mediocre this season, in my opinion. I really like what I see from him and think his talent would be even better displayed in another situation.
I actually agree entirely with the bolded. I think Ingram has looked fairly solid and showed well over the last 6'ish games. I think he looked entirely mediocre to terrible over the first 6-7 games, but based on his recent performance, am willing to entirely chalk that up to injury issues, as his coach alluded to as well.In my opinion, Ingram represents one of the single best, sneaky buy low players in all of football for dynasty leagues. People seem to very, very quickly forget that he won a heisman, was good enough to keep Trent Richardson relegated to a backup/change of pace role at a major university, and was drafted in the first round. People also are blinded by the fact that they mistakenly thought the Saints were a perfect spot for him and have been disappointed by his lack of performance, when in reality there literally may not have been a single worse landing spot in the entire NFL. There are very, very, very few running backs that can thrive in an NFL setting while being shuffled in and out of the lineup constantly on a play by play basis, rarely seeing more than low teens in touches. These players are generally of the Spiller/Charles/Chris Johnson mold- electric, quick, blazignly fast, and capable of taking any single touch 80 yards for a touchdown. Mark Ingram is not of that mold and is not even close to that player. However, before we begin writing his obituary, consider for a second what someone like Shaun Alexander, who in my opinion is built much more like the player Mark Ingram is, would have accomplished on 10-15 touches a week (and before anyone blasts me, I'm mostly picking a random player who experienced fantasy superstardom due to his consistent success carry to carry and ability to take a large workload, not his electric athletic ability or speed). Given 10 touches a week, people would have been grumbling about Alexander's ~50 yards a week as well just as people currently do for Ingram.

The reality, at least as it appears to me, is that the Saints simply seem unwilling to give 1 running back the majority of the touches. I don't really think it matters how well any 1 player in their backfield performs either- this seems to be a philosophical mindset and it hasn't changed even when a running back develops a "hot hand". Mark Ingram is never going to thrive in this setting and it appears he is not going to be able to win anything more than a 10-15 touch a week role unless massive changes happen (Sean Peyton leaving).

However, I also think it is unlikely Ingram spends his entire career with the Saints given this, as he probably isn't a fool and will recognize his best chance for success, and thus better pay, will be to go to a situation more keenly suited to his skills. Given how insanely cheap it is to acquire him right now, at least from how most of the people in this thread are talking about him, I see him as an absolutely ideal buy low. I'm willing to pay bargain basement prices to bet on the fact that Ingram will play for a different coach or be on a different team in the short to mid future...hell, I probably am willing to pay a little more than bargain basement prices, the fact that he is so damn cheap is simply a very nice bonus.
I don't think he's worthless, but what would you give up to acquire him?At this point he's a dynasty RB3 for me. I'd like to have him in my back pocket, but I'd never want to build a team around the assumption that he's going to be startable. He's a grinder like Greene or Benson. On the right team he could be a quality RB2. I'm not sure his ceiling is much more than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like Cam (and rank him over Ryan), but you and many others are drastically underrating Ryan imo (likely due to the recent slump he's had). He is an elite fantasy QB in his own right.
He has really only had one elite stretch in his career. I guess we would need to define elite. His upside is average starting QB in a dynasty league (top 6-7). This is his 5th year, a year in which QBs typically "are what they are". Where I do own Ryan in the dynasty format, I am not scrambling for an upgrade. But he is certainly not what I would call elite. I can't count on him outscoring the guy across form him, and I don't think counting on him or his situation improving much is wise either.

And why do you think his play was terrible?
His stats are misleading. He has had 3 huge weeks the last 3 weeks. His weeks 1-11 were awful. Most play H2H, so the fact that he was widely inconsistent this year means people who rostered Cam more than likely are watching their fantasy playoffs. Pretty simple really. I would consider him a top 10 dynasty QB, but he is a lot closer to #10 then #1. Get real homer.

Ryan is an elite fantasy QB based on what exactly? He's the fantasy equivalent of a game manager type QB. He can't hang with the stud tier at all, but hey, at least you're not stuck with Cutler or Sanchez.

Given the fact that he's been a 6-10 (fantasy finish) guy his entire career, I'm strongly confident that that's what he'll remain moving forward.

I don't think he's worthless, but what would you give up to acquire him?At this point he's a dynasty RB3 for me. I'd like to have him in my back pocket, but I'd never want to build a team around the assumption that he's going to be startable. He's a grinder like Greene or Benson. On the right team he could be a quality RB2. I'm not sure his ceiling is much more than that.
Not that you asked me, but just to share my opinion:It's hard to say what I would give without league specs. I wouldn't want to build around him, and wouldn't want to rely on him to start next season. But he is still a RB2, in my opinion (top 24). Ideally, If I was forced to treat Ingram as an RB2 on my roster, I would look to add a Steven Jackson-type RB3. I don't see him as a grinder, either. He is very quick, has great burst and great balance. I don't want to lump Benson in there with Greene (I think Benson had a couple years in which he was more than a guy) but Ingram's upside is much higher than Greene's; he's a better football player.

His stats are misleading. He has had 3 huge weeks the last 3 weeks. His weeks 1-11 were awful. Most play H2H, so the fact that he was widely inconsistent this year means people who rostered Cam more than likely are watching their fantasy playoffs. Pretty simple really. I would consider him a top 10 dynasty QB, but he is a lot closer to #10 then #1. Get real homer.
I'm fine doing this little song and dance in other threads. But lets save it for them, yeah?

Given Foster's salary and wear, I'm going to trade him in the offseason.

Any Foster owners complete a trade for him recently? What did you receive? I'm wondering if a top five WR + a #2 RB is too much to ask.

Think it's safe to let Ingram's value cool even further -- he's signed through 2014, and his recent strong play seems to have given his owners some renewed patience. Agree that I'd pay RB 30ish prices for him, but his owners in my leagues want more than that.

Come week 6 next year and a few sub-5 carry games in a row, however...

Given Foster's salary and wear, I'm going to trade him in the offseason. Any Foster owners complete a trade for him recently? What did you receive? I'm wondering if a top five WR + a #2 RB is too much to ask.
He went for Rodgers straight up a couple weeks back in a pretty standard 14 team league that I play in.

Ingram is no Martin.He is a Greene/Benson/BJGE. Pretty limited ability in space. No significant value in the passing game. He's going to need a lot of volume to have value.
They graded out very closely in the scouting process, they were drafted closely together, too. I have little doubt that Ingram would be producing close to Martin in an equally beneficial situation.

Think it's safe to let Ingram's value cool even further -- he's signed through 2014, and his recent strong play seems to have given his owners some renewed patience. Agree that I'd pay RB 30ish prices for him, but his owners in my leagues want more than that.Come week 6 next year and a few sub-5 carry games in a row, however...
I think he was Sean's pick and everyone in NO seems to agree he is the starter now. I don't see sub-5 carry games from here on out. He's starting and I think he gets a bigger bulk of the carries when Ivory (who I also really like) is gone.

Ingram is no Martin.He is a Greene/Benson/BJGE. Pretty limited ability in space. No significant value in the passing game. He's going to need a lot of volume to have value.
They graded out very closely in the scouting process, they were drafted closely together, too. I have little doubt that Ingram would be producing close to Martin in an equally beneficial situation.
You'd be wrong then. Ingram is incapable of having the kind of game that Martin had against Oakland. Martin is a lot more explosive. He probably had more 40+ yard plays in that one game than Ingram has in his entire career. The NFL version of Mark Ingram has no real big play ability, and that's one of his major weaknesses. Again, very similar to a Benson/Greene type. A guy who can probably handle high volume and grind out yards, but not a guy who gives you a lot of "+" plays. The "they graded out very closely" stuff becomes increasingly less relevant the deeper you get into a player's career. I'm sure Moreno graded out very closely to Chris Johnson for some teams. Doesn't matter now. Martin smokes Ingram based on the eyeball test and based on virtually every objective measure of NFL performance. Higher YPC. More catches. More yards. More TDs. More big plays. A higher ratio of big plays. You name it and he's better.

You'd be wrong then. Ingram is incapable of having the kind of game that Martin had against Oakland. Martin is a lot more explosive. He probably had more 40+ yard plays in that one game than Ingram has in his entire career. The NFL version of Mark Ingram has no real big play ability, and that's one of his major weaknesses. Again, very similar to a Benson/Greene type. A guy who can probably handle high volume and grind out yards, but not a guy who gives you a lot of "+" plays. The "they graded out very closely" stuff becomes increasingly less relevant the deeper you get into a player's career. I'm sure Moreno graded out very closely to Chris Johnson for some teams. Doesn't matter now. Martin smokes Ingram based on the eyeball test and based on virtually every objective measure of NFL performance. Higher YPC. More catches. More yards. More TDs. More big plays. A higher ratio of big plays. You name it and he's better.
It is silly to compare the basic stats of two players in such different situations. The fact that Moreno busted means nothing in the Ingram conversation.We all have different eyeball tests, and guys whose I rely on really like Ingram. And he passes mine too. No need to talk with such absoluteness.

Given Foster's salary and wear, I'm going to trade him in the offseason. Any Foster owners complete a trade for him recently? What did you receive? I'm wondering if a top five WR + a #2 RB is too much to ask.
He went for Rodgers straight up a couple weeks back in a pretty standard 14 team league that I play in.
Seems about right. I have Bobby Three Sticks, so I'll be looking elsewhere.

While we're talking about RB values moving forward, how do you guys feel about Vick Ballard? I got him late in my rookie draft, so I don't have a ton invested, but at the same time, the staff appears to love the guy, and even Cosell piped up with some positive reviews of Ballard's game.Considering the situation in Indy, he could be quite valuable if he could keep that lead back job, but does anyone actually expect that? I have to admit, I'm cautiously optimistic that he can pull that off for 2013.
I will try to bump this one for you and weigh in also. I was a Ballard fan coming out (couldn't place it but really liked his productivity in the SEC and the way he ran). That said, I still worry that he is what the coaches want long term there. I think ideally, they would have liked a 3-headed monster of Brown, Ballard and Carter or even for Ballard to handle the short yardage instead of Carter. Just a gut feel there. I don't think he has generated enough buzz to get what I (and possibly you) perceive his value at but he may be a good piece to bundle for an upgrade.

You'd be wrong then. Ingram is incapable of having the kind of game that Martin had against Oakland. Martin is a lot more explosive. He probably had more 40+ yard plays in that one game than Ingram has in his entire career. The NFL version of Mark Ingram has no real big play ability, and that's one of his major weaknesses. Again, very similar to a Benson/Greene type. A guy who can probably handle high volume and grind out yards, but not a guy who gives you a lot of "+" plays.

The "they graded out very closely" stuff becomes increasingly less relevant the deeper you get into a player's career. I'm sure Moreno graded out very closely to Chris Johnson for some teams. Doesn't matter now. Martin smokes Ingram based on the eyeball test and based on virtually every objective measure of NFL performance. Higher YPC. More catches. More yards. More TDs. More big plays. A higher ratio of big plays. You name it and he's better.
It is silly to compare the basic stats of two players in such different situations. The fact that Moreno busted means nothing in the Ingram conversation.
While there's some truth in that, it has its limits as an argument. Putting Ingram on the Buccaneers wouldn't suddenly endow his body with qualities that he simply doesn't possess. He's not explosive. He doesn't make big plays. He can't run away from NFL defenders. He wouldn't be Doug Martin on the Bucs any more than he'd be Chris Johnson on the Titans. Different players. Different skill sets. Opportunity is a huge part of the equation and I have no doubt that Ingram would fare better on other teams in the league, but it's also important to recognize what he is/isn't as a player. To suggest that he's Doug Martin without the opportunity is a little naive. Martin is having a phenomenal year. 4.7 YPC on a lot of carries. Third in the NFL in 20+ yard rushes behind only Peterson and Spiller (and ahead of Jamaal Charles, Chris Johnson, and LeSean McCoy). Also has four 20+ yard receptions.

He's second in the NFL in yards per scrimmage and he's not just doing it with volume. He's making dynamic plays. To say that a guy like Ingram who has been quite bad thus far in his NFL career could do this with a simple change of situation is pretty misguided. You're basically saying he's a top 5 RB in the league, and that seems like a big stretch based on what he's shown so far.

While there's some truth in that, it has its limits as an argument. Putting Ingram on the Buccaneers wouldn't suddenly endow his body with qualities that he simply doesn't possess. He's not explosive. He doesn't make big plays. He can't run away from NFL defenders. He wouldn't be Doug Martin on the Bucs any more than he'd be Chris Johnson on the Titans. Different players. Different skill sets. Opportunity is a huge part of the equation and I have no doubt that Ingram would fare better on other teams in the league, but it's also important to recognize what he is/isn't as a player. To suggest that he's Doug Martin without the opportunity is a little naive. Martin is having a phenomenal year. 4.7 YPC on a lot of carries. Third in the NFL in 20+ yard rushes behind only Peterson and Spiller (and ahead of Jamaal Charles, Chris Johnson, and LeSean McCoy). Also has 4 20+ receptions.He's second in the NFL in yards per scrimmage and he's not just doing it with volume. He's making dynamic plays. To say that a guy like Ingram who has been quite bad thus far in his NFL career could do this with a simple change of situation is pretty misguided. You're basically saying he's a top 5 RB in the league, and that seems like a big stretch based on what he's shown so far.
Have you looked at Martin's stats minus the bottom third of the league in run defense? 773 of his rushing yards and 6 of his TDs came against the Panthers, Chiefs, Saints, Raiders, and Eagles. If I thought you could count on this production from Martin year in and year out, then I wouldn't say Ingram could match it. I don't think Martin is a top 5 talent at RB in the NFL, so no, I am not suggesting Ingram is. And I didn't mean to suggest Ingram would have as many long runs. But in TB, next year, with as many carries, I would project 4.5/1,200/10 from Ingram, which is about what I'll project for Martin next season. In other words, about what LeGarrette Blount did, per touch, over his first 2 seasons with the team.

There's both truth and hyperbole in this statement. I agree that Ingram lacks the home run hitting ability that some of the more dynamic running backs possess. However, I also don't watch Doug Martin and get the impression that he is a bona fide home run hitter either. You reference the Oakland game and what I saw was a player who was good enough and fast enough to take it to the house when he has WIDE OPEN running lanes. I did not see a player that possessed difference making speed. Let's not overrate what Martin can and can't do in this department. He's a great player who I think will be a well above average fantasy asset for awhile for owners, but I don't necessarily chalk "top end speed" up as one of his big strengths.Also, you keep referencing Benson and Greene as the most like comparisons for Ingram, but you just as easily could be using Marshawn Lynch, Shaun Alexander, Rashard Mendenhall, Curtis Martin, hell even Emmitt Smith (to throw a truly outlandish comparison out there). These are all much more skilled versions, to varying degrees, of the players Benson or Greene are (and yes I realize this is a random list, just trying to come up with players that felt like they fit this mold when I watched them play off the top of my head). None of these guys strike me as big play threats or players that provided tons of "+" plays, but all of them are consistently capable of beating defenses, churning out yards, are able to hit the big play when it was provided (but weren't really relied on to make the big play out of nothing, like Barry Sanders or Spiller or Charles) and providing great value to their team as their carry total increases (again to varying degrees. I'm well aware that Emmitt Smith and Rashard Mendenhall do not belong in the same conversation).The point you are trying to make is that Ingram is a volume runner and requires said volume to be capable of producing at a satisfactory level of performance. I don't disagree with that, but I think it is unfair to automatically assume that Ingram would perform as essentially the worst version of a volume runner if he is ever given the chance. I happen to think he is fairly skilled and there is a lot there to like yet and could easily see him carving out very nice value.I realize I just included a lot of hyperbole and outlandish comparisons in my post (speaking of Ingram and Curtis Martin or Emmitt Smith in the same sentence), but did so to point out that I think it is equally unfair to automatically call Ingram the next Shonn Greene. We simply don't know yet- Ingram literally has an incomplete at this point of his career. Not a fail because he hasn't consistently been able to see 20+ carries like Greene and not a pass for the very same reason. We literally do not know what he is capable of other than the eye test (which he is beginning to pass with increasing regularity over the 2nd half of this season) and his pedigree. If/when he does get 20+ carries, he could "face plant" and become Shonn Greene, but I also don't put it out of the realm of possibility that he could thrive and become something like Shaun Alexander-lite. Given Ingram's current price (late 1st?), it seems like a easy gamble to take. It just must be done with a great deal of patience, as things are unlikely to change a great deal next year (but I wouldn't rule out 2014, since A LOT can and does change in the NFL over a 2 year period).ETA: I don't want to make it sound like I am hopelessly in love with Ingram. I recognize his potential bust factor. I just think that at his current price, for a player that will likely settle in somewhere between Shonn Greene and something much better than Shonn Greene, it makes too much sense not to buy. I feel his current price is more a reflection of the general disappointment over his rookie season (even though expectations for his rookie season were WAY too high to begin with) than his actual skill level. These type of players make the absolute best buys in dynasty because you are getting a discount based on perception and not actual skill or performance.

There's both truth and hyperbole in this statement. I agree that Ingram lacks the home run hitting ability that some of the more dynamic running backs possess. However, I also don't watch Doug Martin and get the impression that he is a bona fide home run hitter either. You reference the Oakland game and what I saw was a player who was good enough and fast enough to take it to the house when he has WIDE OPEN running lanes. I did not see a player that possessed difference making speed. Let's not overrate what Martin can and can't do in this department. He's a great player who I think will be a well above average fantasy asset for awhile for owners, but I don't necessarily chalk "top end speed" up as one of his big strengths.Also, you keep referencing Benson and Greene as the most like comparisons for Ingram, but you just as easily could be using Marshawn Lynch, Shaun Alexander, Rashard Mendenhall, Curtis Martin, hell even Emmitt Smith (to throw a truly outlandish comparison out there). These are all much more skilled versions, to varying degrees, of the players Benson or Greene are (and yes I realize this is a random list, just trying to come up with players that felt like they fit this mold when I watched them play off the top of my head). None of these guys strike me as big play threats or players that provided tons of "+" plays, but all of them are consistently capable of beating defenses, churning out yards, are able to hit the big play when it was provided (but weren't really relied on to make the big play out of nothing, like Barry Sanders or Spiller or Charles) and providing great value to their team as their carry total increases (again to varying degrees. I'm well aware that Emmitt Smith and Rashard Mendenhall do not belong in the same conversation).The point you are trying to make is that Ingram is a volume runner and requires said volume to be capable of producing at a satisfactory level of performance. I don't disagree with that, but I think it is unfair to automatically assume that Ingram would perform as essentially the worst version of a volume runner if he is ever given the chance. I happen to think he is fairly skilled and there is a lot there to like yet and could easily see him carving out very nice value.I realize I just included a lot of hyperbole and outlandish comparisons in my post (speaking of Ingram and Curtis Martin or Emmitt Smith in the same sentence), but did so to point out that I think it is equally unfair to automatically call Ingram the next Shonn Greene. We simply don't know yet- Ingram literally has an incomplete at this point of his career. Not a fail because he hasn't consistently been able to see 20+ carries like Greene and not a pass for the very same reason. We literally do not know what he is capable of other than the eye test (which he is beginning to pass with increasing regularity over the 2nd half of this season) and his pedigree. If/when he does get 20+ carries, he could "face plant" and become Shonn Greene, but I also don't put it out of the realm of possibility that he could thrive and become something like Shaun Alexander-lite. Given Ingram's current price (late 1st?), it seems like a easy gamble to take. It just must be done with a great deal of patience, as things are unlikely to change a great deal next year (but I wouldn't rule out 2014, since A LOT can and does change in the NFL over a 2 year period).
The reason I keep mentioning Greene and Benson is because they have a lot of the same limitations as Ingram. Let's not forget that Ingram is a very, very pedestrian athlete by NFL RB standards. And that's actually being generous. His workout numbers as a draft prospect were downright pitiful. 4.62 in the 40. 31.5" vert. 9'5" broad jump. That's about as bad as you can perform and still get drafted. Now, there have been some great backs with bad workout profiles. LeSean McCoy is one. Frank Gore is another. Cedric Benson is too if you want to count him. But the difference with guys like McCoy and Gore is that they proved the numbers wrong with performance on the field. McCoy really isn't a home run hitter, but even with that being the case he had a 66 yard run as a rookie, a 45 yard reception, and a 39 yard reception. Gore had a 72 yard run, a 47 yard reception, and a 31 yard reception. And they both had pretty good YPC averages all along. After 233 carries, the longest run of Ingram's career is 35 yards. The longest reception is 16 yards. When you look at his poor workout numbers and you combine it with NFL performance that doesn't in any way contradict those numbers, I think you have to start to favor the conclusion that he's simply not a very dynamic player. And it's not like the Saints don't have a big play friendly offense. Chris Ivory has a 56 yard run this season on just 36 carries. Pierre Thomas has a 48 yard run and four 19+ yard catches on fewer touches than Ingram. Sproles has a bunch of big plays too. Ingram is playing with the same supporting cast against the same opposition and making less of an impact. Ingram's profile is very similar to Greene's. In fact, if you compare Shonn Greene's 2012 season to Mark Ingram's career, they're almost identical in every way. Greene - 233 carries, 883 yards, 3.8 YPC (long 36 yards) 13 catches, 105 yards (long 21 yards)Ingram - 230 carries, 894 yards, 3.8 YPC (long 35 yards) 16 catches, 68 yards (long 16 yards)The funny thing is that I've actually been a Greene sympathizer throughout his entire career. He's better than people realize and that's why he's on the cusp of notching his second straight 1000+ yard rushing season. I've said before that I think the ability to handle a high volume of touches is a talent in and of itself. That's Greene's primary virtue. He has decent feet and power on a rock of a frame. He's just like Rudi Johnson and Cedric Benson. He gives you what's there and he doesn't break down. Nothing more. Nothing less.And that is exactly the kind of player that Mark Ingram has been thus far in his NFL career. He's serviceable. He could probably step into a starting job and put up 280 carries for 1100 yards. But he really doesn't give you a lot of added value. He doesn't make impact plays. Even some of the other guys you mentioned like Mendenhall and Lynch give you more in that department. Mendenhall has a great height/weight/speed ratio. He ran a low 4.4 at the combine. He might not be the greatest RB in the NFL, but he is actually very fast and if he gets into the open he will run to daylight. Lynch is a lot like Doug Martin. A good all-around athlete who also has a knack for making quick cuts in space. Neither guy is a sprint champion, but both have enough speed to punish you. Anyways, Ingram's combine numbers don't reflect much athletic ability. His NFL production thus far screams "Benson/Greene". When I took the time out to watch him last year, he looked about as pedestrian as the stats would suggest. If all arrows are pointing towards a Benson/Greene type of career, then that's how I'm inclined to view him. I'd gladly take him on my FF team for the right price, but he might not even be a better long term prospect than guys like Daryl Richardson, Kendall Hunter (pre-injury), and Bernard Pierce.

Have you looked at Martin's stats minus the bottom third of the league in run defense?
No, I haven't. You don't get more or less points for what a player does based on the quality of his opposition. Skinning bad teams is exactly what good players are supposed to do. I'm not going to punish Martin for that. Maybe his numbers are down against good teams. Doesn't necessarily mean much. You would expect any player to be less effective against great opponents than bad ones. Overall, he's having an amazing year. 4.7 YPC. 2nd in the NFL in yards from scrimmage. Third in the NFL in 20+ yard rushes. Playing so well that teams are starting to gameplan specifically to stop him. And all of this as a rookie whose OL has been ravaged by injuries. If you think Ingram or Blount could do this then all I can say is LOL beccause they're a fraction of the overall back that Martin is. There aren't a whole lot of guys in the league who can match his overall skill set. He's elusive. He can run with power. He can make plays in space as a receiver. He has great vision and instincts. He's a great talent on par with guys like Ray Rice, Marshawn Lynch, and Steven Jackson as a complete three down back.

Does Peyton Hillis become fantasy relevant again? He was just released in my 12 team superflex and I am considering dropping Chris Ivory for him. Both are probably going to be in new uniforms next season. Hillis is two years older but has done so much more in his career.

Danario Alexander in dynasty: where does he rank at this point?
If he stays in one piece for 3 more weeks, probably a sell. Love the talent, the top 10 game he's showing now is legit, but cannot trust his knees. I'm guessing he will creep into top 30's and at that point I'm moving him, like him as a 4th or 5th WR, but can't rely on him as a starter.

Ok seriously though, here are the guys presently ranked above Alexander who I think arguably belong ahead of him...

1 WR Calvin Johnson, DET 1 1 1 1.0 1.0 1.0

2 WR A.J. Green, CIN 2 2 2 2.0 2.0 2.0

3 WR Brandon Marshall, CHI 3 3 5 3.7 3.0 3.0

4 WR Victor Cruz, NYG 4 8 9 7.0 8.0 8.0

5 WR Julio Jones, ATL 7 13 3 7.7 7.0 7.0

5 WR Dez Bryant, DAL 5 5 13 7.7 5.0 5.0

7 WR Roddy White, ATL 13 6 6 8.3 6.0 6.0

8 WR Percy Harvin, MIN 9 7 10 8.7 9.0 9.0

9 WR Hakeem Nicks, NYG 10 9 8 9.0 9.0 9.0

10 WR Demaryius Thomas, DEN 8 4 16 9.3 8.0 8.0

11 WR Larry Fitzgerald, ARI 15 15 4 11.3 15.0 15.0

12 WR Andre Johnson, HOU 14 11 11 12.0 11.0 11.0

13 WR Jordy Nelson, GB 11 19 7 12.3 11.0 11.0

14 WR Vincent Jackson, TB 12 12 15 13.0 12.0 12.0

15 WR Randall Cobb, GB 6 17 19 14.0 17.0 17.0

16 WR Wes Welker, NE 20 14 14 16.0 14.0 14.0

No way in hell are most of the 44 guys currently ranked ahead of him by FBG should be there. None.

Does Peyton Hillis become fantasy relevant again? He was just released in my 12 team superflex and I am considering dropping Chris Ivory for him. Both are probably going to be in new uniforms next season. Hillis is two years older but has done so much more in his career.
Keep Ivory, talent is legit but he's buried on that RB depth chart. Will need to wait for new contract to be anything unfortunately. Still, better dice roll than Hillis. Turned into a cancer in the Browns locker room and has continued lackluster play in KC.

Ok seriously though, here are the guys presently ranked above Alexander who I think arguably belong ahead of him...

No way in hell are most of the 44 guys currently ranked ahead of him by FBG should be there. None.
You are seriously saying you would take DX before Fitzgerald?I own DX, but I'd deal two DX's for Fitz.

People like you are why Danario is a sell if he is still in one piece come the day after week 17. You're not accounting for the injury risk that has kept him from doing this since he left school. People that followed Danario in school are not surprised by this, they're also not surprised by his first 2 1/2 years. Special talent, absolutely no knees unfortunately.

You are seriously saying you would take DX before Fitzgerald?I own DX, but I'd deal two DX's for Fitz.
DX on a per-game basis is near top 5 in WR scoring. And that includes the couple of games right after he was activated and just on the team, where he had 1 and 3 catches. He wasn't even playing football the first half of the season, let alone playing with this particular team and QB. That is absolutely amazing. And he's done it against all sorts of defenses and all sorts of coverages.Larry Fitzgerald turns 30 next season. He had one catch this week on ELEVEN targets. He won't even break a thousand yards this year (he's at 652 right now).

:shrug:

I like big, big upside. That's how you win.

DX on a per-game basis is near top 5 in WR scoring. And that includes the couple of games right after he was activated and just on the team, where he had 1 and 3 catches. He wasn't even playing football the first half of the season, let alone playing with this particular team and QB. That is absolutely amazing. And he's done it against all sorts of defenses and all sorts of coverages.Larry Fitzgerald turns 30 next season. He had one catch this week on ELEVEN targets. He won't even break a thousand yards this year (he's at 652 right now).

1. 30 is not old for a wide receiver. Hello to everyone who followed my THE FANTASY KING EPIPHANIES and grabbed Reggie Wayne this year.2. Unless the Cardinals come back next year with John Skelton, Kevin Kolb, and Ryan Lindley at QB, you can pretty much throw out the data on Fitzgerald this year. It's quite obvious to everyone on Earth that Fitzgerald is not the reason he is not going to break 1,000 yards.

3. Alexander has knees made of glass. It is a matter of time.

He's been a great pick up, but if I have anyone in my dynasty leagues like you, I'm cashing in. If you're going to rank guys like this over one of the most talented receivers in the league, you are going to have a roof time in dynasty leagues.

REGARDS,

THE FANTASY KING

Rodgers is still #1 imo. He's got 6-ish years of good/great production left, carries the greatest market value right now (in my leagues at least) and judging by Tom Brady's valuation in most leagues at the age of 35, Rodgers will hold his value for a long time as long as he keeps producing (which is the case for any great QB, young or old) so their will be ample opportunity to trade him for a younger model at a later date. Rodgers also has the least worrisome question marks for those that are risk averse.

RG3 is my #2 followed by Cam. Luck is a close 4th.
Very solid. I would be lying if I said I wouldn't have traded Cam for RG3 and Rodgers at one point this year, despite valuing him #1 going into the season. Now, however, in the leagues in which I do own Cam, I wouldn't make those moves now. The last month has been reinvigorating for me as a Cam owner; I've been reminded of the potential he offers every week. I know there are many theories out there, but a simple change in the running game philosophy seems to have sparked a major improvement in this offense. I have to think that positive factor will remain through the rest of this season, and into next, with potential for the situation around him to further improve, as he improves as a player.

I valued RG3 as #1 until recently, and I still love the kid. I don't know how certain I am in this claim - it's easy to feel great about Cam right now - but, again, I wouldn't make that swap. Not only his Cam better built to take the hits, he has been much better at avoiding them.
How quickly you forget that half-season of terrible play. And the mediocre numbers over the second half of last season.Cam has the upside, but he's not the top dynasty QB. He's probably not a top-3 dynasty QB. You're biased because he's on your team.

I'd take Rodgers, RG3, Ryan and probably Luck over him. I think you'd do the same if you didn't own Cam.
I really wish people would quit with this "Cam got figured out last season!" garbage. From weeks 11-17 (aka after the byes), Newton was the #4 fantasy QB (#5 in PPG, since Rodgers sat out week 17). His per-game average over that span (26.2) pro-rated over 13 games would rank him FIRST IN ALL OF FANTASY FOOTBALL this year. Those are some pretty spectacular mediocre numbers! His actual production this season ranks him 3rd. Somebody far, far, far smarter than I will have to explain to me just what, exactly, qualifies as mediocre about Newton's resume. The fact that people think Newton was somehow average down the stretch last year is proof positive that if you say something authoritatively enough and often enough, people will eventually believe it.

Keep Ivory, talent is legit but he's buried on that RB depth chart. Will need to wait for new contract to be anything unfortunately. Still, better dice roll than Hillis. Turned into a cancer in the Browns locker room and has continued lackluster play in KC.
I kept Ivory, dropped Jarret Boykin instead. I have zero picks in the first four rounds next year. A guy like Hillis might be better than what is going to be there for me. He's still only going to be 27 next season.

I'd give you the late 1st you desire along with Ingram to get Wilson.
We'd have a deal there. I think Wilson and Ingram are very close in upside and current situation. Wilson's upside is sexier (Spiller), but Ingram's is equally productive (Martin).
:goodposting:Agree with this comparison. I'm looking to add Ingram in all my dynasty leagues. The guy's looked much much better in recent weeks. Looks a lot smoother running the ball, finding lanes. Could be due to improved health but he definitely looks more decisive and confident out there.I'd deal Wilson for Ingram and a late 1st as well.

I kept Ivory, dropped Jarret Boykin instead. I have zero picks in the first four rounds next year. A guy like Hillis might be better than what is going to be there for me. He's still only going to be 27 next season.
Highly unlikely, but if the best available out there is a guy like Boykin then it's not like anyone can fault you for stashing him. 2010 clearly was a mirage.

Rodgers is still #1 imo. He's got 6-ish years of good/great production left, carries the greatest market value right now (in my leagues at least) and judging by Tom Brady's valuation in most leagues at the age of 35, Rodgers will hold his value for a long time as long as he keeps producing (which is the case for any great QB, young or old) so their will be ample opportunity to trade him for a younger model at a later date. Rodgers also has the least worrisome question marks for those that are risk averse.

RG3 is my #2 followed by Cam. Luck is a close 4th.
Very solid. I would be lying if I said I wouldn't have traded Cam for RG3 and Rodgers at one point this year, despite valuing him #1 going into the season. Now, however, in the leagues in which I do own Cam, I wouldn't make those moves now. The last month has been reinvigorating for me as a Cam owner; I've been reminded of the potential he offers every week. I know there are many theories out there, but a simple change in the running game philosophy seems to have sparked a major improvement in this offense. I have to think that positive factor will remain through the rest of this season, and into next, with potential for the situation around him to further improve, as he improves as a player.

I valued RG3 as #1 until recently, and I still love the kid. I don't know how certain I am in this claim - it's easy to feel great about Cam right now - but, again, I wouldn't make that swap. Not only his Cam better built to take the hits, he has been much better at avoiding them.
How quickly you forget that half-season of terrible play. And the mediocre numbers over the second half of last season.Cam has the upside, but he's not the top dynasty QB. He's probably not a top-3 dynasty QB. You're biased because he's on your team.

I'd take Rodgers, RG3, Ryan and probably Luck over him. I think you'd do the same if you didn't own Cam.
I really wish people would quit with this "Cam got figured out last season!" garbage. From weeks 11-17 (aka after the byes), Newton was the #4 fantasy QB (#5 in PPG, since Rodgers sat out week 17). His per-game average over that span (26.2) pro-rated over 13 games would rank him FIRST IN ALL OF FANTASY FOOTBALL this year. Those are some pretty spectacular mediocre numbers! His actual production this season ranks him 3rd. Somebody far, far, far smarter than I will have to explain to me just what, exactly, qualifies as mediocre about Newton's resume. The fact that people think Newton was somehow average down the stretch last year is proof positive that if you say something authoritatively enough and often enough, people will eventually believe it.
Im calculating from Week 10, which is Carolina's game after their bye (exactly the beginning of the second half of the season), Cam averaged 25 points per game during his last 8 games (400 points over 16 games). Cam's second half is misperceived by many as being mediocre only because of what he did in the first half (28 point average - 448 points over 16 games).

Exactly, that's why you should hold onto Danario and enjoy the ride. Guy's just about as good as any WR in the league, no way am I trading him for some WR2/3 like Steve Johnson; 5 games of Danario is worth more than 16 of Steve Johnson.

'MAC_32 said:
'Sabertooth said:
Highly unlikely, but if the best available out there is a guy like Boykin then it's not like anyone can fault you for stashing him. 2010 clearly was a mirage.
What about what he did during the five games he started in Denver as a rookie?

'Time Kibitzer said:
'Otis said:

Exactly, that's why you should hold onto Danario and enjoy the ride. Guy's just about as good as any WR in the league, no way am I trading him for some WR2/3 like Steve Johnson; 5 games of Danario is worth more than 16 of Steve Johnson.
I traded a late 2013 second round pick for him and a 2014 4th about three or four weeks ago and this is how I feel as well. I understand the injury risk - and so does everyone else which makes him a "hold" not a "sell" unless some one sends you some outrageous offer.The guy showed tremendous talent in the NCAAs, produced whenever he was healthy in St. Louis and has been outstanding this season. If his knees blow out again, that would be unfortunate, but selling him for a second round pick and watching him repeat his 2012 numbers in 2013 would be disasterous.

'MAC_32 said:
'Sabertooth said:
He's not a talented runner, so he must make up for it with sheer determination and will. That ship sailed when his contract squabble contaminated the Browns locker room early last year and it hasn't recovered since.

'Otis said:

If you truly like "big, big upside", why would you possibly cross off two guys that put up top-6 seasons in 2011?

'MAC_32 said:
'Sabertooth said:
He's not a talented runner, so he must make up for it with sheer determination and will. That ship sailed when his contract squabble contaminated the Browns locker room early last year and it hasn't recovered since.
I agree to some extent - he isn't an elite talent, but he does have pretty nice speed for a back his size. The last two seasons he's been beat up by injuries so it's hard to say he's completely finished or that 2010 was "clearly was a mirage" - which can be discounted by the fact that he produced very well in Dnever also during a five game stretch where he was the starter.I own him in one league and admit I have no illusions that he's likely to be given a starting role next season or that he holds much value at all in dynasty leagues - but there are about 10 potential job openings for RBs next season so it is possible I guess. I actually think he'd fit in well with Rex Ryan if Ryan is able to keep his job with the Jets.

I spent a couple hours watching every Hillis touch during his big season, a couple years ago and was convinced he could repeat. He was able to get to the corner and turn his shoulders very quickly for a guy his size. He was clearly a burden to tackle, and he displayed some ability to break intermediate gains. Couple that with his pass protection, receiving ability, again, I thought he could repeat.

All of that is gone. He looks awful this season. He is not a very good short yardage option, fumbles too much, lacks burst, and is really just an oversized third down back. Only in very RB heavy leagues is he on my radar.

'Time Kibitzer said:
'Otis said:
You win by making the best decisions to help your team. I was burned by investing in Beanie Wells at the wrong time last year and won't make the same mistake investing in the WR version of him. This Sunday was actually the first time I really watched him this year, and he looked great. He is very clearly a talent and I don't blame those high on him. But the dynasty WR1/2 talk is crazy to me. The injury baggage on this guy is a lot more than it is, even, with guys like McFadden whose injuries are not the chronic variety.

If he was on my roster, I would be trying to turn him into Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon, Jeremy Maclin, Torrey Smith, etcetera.

Have you looked at Martin's stats minus the bottom third of the league in run defense?
No, I haven't. You don't get more or less points for what a player does based on the quality of his opposition. Skinning bad teams is exactly what good players are supposed to do. I'm not going to punish Martin for that. Maybe his numbers are down against good teams. Doesn't necessarily mean much. You would expect any player to be less effective against great opponents than bad ones. Overall, he's having an amazing year. 4.7 YPC. 2nd in the NFL in yards from scrimmage. Third in the NFL in 20+ yard rushes. Playing so well that teams are starting to gameplan specifically to stop him. And all of this as a rookie whose OL has been ravaged by injuries. If you think Ingram or Blount could do this then all I can say is LOL beccause they're a fraction of the overall back that Martin is. There aren't a whole lot of guys in the league who can match his overall skill set. He's elusive. He can run with power. He can make plays in space as a receiver. He has great vision and instincts. He's a great talent on par with guys like Ray Rice, Marshawn Lynch, and Steven Jackson as a complete three down back.
I don't say it to discredit Martin, just provide some context. He's had the luxury of playing the Panthers twice, who made Andre and Bryce Brown look like Rice, Lynch, Jackson level talents. Felix Jones would have scored 4 times against the Raiders; hell, anyone with a 4.5/40 would have. I like his talent and value him very highly (top 5ish). But it's a bit early to call him Lynch, Rice, Jackson. And it's easy to undervalue Ingram based on his performance in a horrid situation. Over the first half of the year he was used as strictly a short-yardage back. If that doesn't give you reason not to use his blanket YPC, I don't know what will. Again, since starting, he has averaged 4.46 YPC; and that includes the game against the 49ers who shut the run down. I don't know how someone can have watched him over the last 6 weeks and call him Shonne Green. Hell, turn off the TV and listen to the announcers praise him - that should tell you he's not Shonne Greene. And you can LOL at the notion that Blount could potentially do what Martin is. But look at his stats over his first 2 seasons and compare for yourself. He was every bit as effective running the ball. If Blount could block and catch, he'd be the starting RB for the Bucs and be producing top 5 numbers.
If you think Ingram or Blount could...
Blount did. Blount's rookie year: 5.0/200/1007/6 In every game that he started, he at least had 1 run of 16+ yards. That is 11 games. Straight. He and Martin scored at nearly the exact same rate, too. What am I LOLing at, here?

Users who are viewing this thread