What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL Gears of War on XBOX 360 Thread *** (1 Viewer)

can't wait for this game.

just need to find time to play it SC and Tiger barely have been played.

Plus RB6 coming out :headspin:

I ordered a copy from Amazon looks like I should have just bought it at the store since it will be available Nov 7th right? Amazon shows it as shipping Nov 14th :(

I heard only people who preordered it will get it the 7th.
I will walk right into Target and buy it the day of release. I refuse to pre-order anything from EB/Game Stop.Usually my Target puts stuff out the day before it should be released. They don't know any better I guess.

This may be enough to get me to abandon my old XBox for a 360.

Will this render all my old games obsolete, or can I play them on the 360?

This may be enough to get me to abandon my old XBox for a 360.

Will this render all my old games obsolete, or can I play them on the 360?
You can play some games on your 360, but not all or probably even most. :thumbdown: to NFL 2K5 not being BC!
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, more than half my games are not listed there. :hot: Looks like I'd have to keep the old box if I want to play them. That blows.

I heard only people who preordered it will get it the 7th.
Not true. I've never preordered a thing and have always picked it up the day of release. It ships the 7th, and you might find it on SOME shleves oon the 7th. But most likely it will be on the 8th. ENJOY.

I have looked at some of the demos. Is this game a person on person game or is a person vs alien locust kind of game?

I mean I can understand that there will be multi-player arena pvp type but do you fight monsters or what????????

Walked in today and 'preordered' the game at the nearest EB Games. The guy told me that they have trucks coming straight from the distributor and should arrive in stores tomorrow, Nov 7th, at approximately 2-3 pm. Normally on most games I'd wait and look for cheaper prices, but that curb stomp feature just ensured that I had to have that game in my hands ASAP.

I saw a commercial for this last night, looks awesome, Can anyone tell me what song is playing during the commercial? Thanks!

Nevermind I figured it out, It's Gary Jules - Mad World, originally by Tears for Fears. Fits perfect for that commercial.

Last edited by a moderator:
fake_15 said:
I saw a commercial for this last night, looks awesome, Can anyone tell me what song is playing during the commercial? Thanks!Nevermind I figured it out, It's Gary Jules - Mad World, originally by Tears for Fears. Fits perfect for that commercial.
Saw this commercial during football yesterday, it's a great ad! Actually made me think about going out and getting a 360 so I could play the game. (Then my good, cheap sense came back to me.)

i'm in but will stink.

I always do, not enough gaming time with the family

Let's get a list of Gamertags going: I'll edit this list as it grows.

Usual21

orcinus kc

JD PJ

reaper9

EAbell

Placed my pre-order this afternoon and had to drive all the way across town to find the one store that still had Tuesday deliveries available.

Tag ---> orcinus kc

:hot:

I have to friggin' wait till the 17th for my bday to play it, since it is gonna be a gift. :wall:

fake_15 said:
I saw a commercial for this last night, looks awesome, Can anyone tell me what song is playing during the commercial? Thanks!Nevermind I figured it out, It's Gary Jules - Mad World, originally by Tears for Fears. Fits perfect for that commercial.
Saw this commercial during football yesterday, it's a great ad! Actually made me think about going out and getting a 360 so I could play the game. (Then my good, cheap sense came back to me.)
Also thought it was an awesome ad, thought the game looked amazing, and am admittedly tempted to pick one up based on this alone.

I plan on being at circuit city on wednesday after 5 when they are supposed to have it, gamer tag is stone reaper9

fake_15 said:
Also thought it was an awesome ad, thought the game looked amazing, and am admittedly tempted to pick one up based on this alone.
:goodposting: Very good ad, and it may force me to snag one also.

I plan on being at circuit city on wednesday after 5 when they are supposed to have it, gamer tag is stone reaper9
Try a Gamestop or EB Games tomorrow afternoon or evening. They might have it. Also my Toys R' Us always puts there stuff out early.

I haven't played video games in quite a while, but I used to be a bad-### Counterstrike/TFC player back in my old :nerd: days. At age 30 I feel my time is better spent out on the town chasing the future Mrs. Otis but, in the meantime, I guess a night or two in per week being a :nerd: would be good for my health.

What's it gonna run me if I want the system and this stupid game?

Also, how obtainable is the system?

I haven't played video games in quite a while, but I used to be a bad-### Counterstrike/TFC player back in my old :nerd: days. At age 30 I feel my time is better spent out on the town chasing the future Mrs. Otis but, in the meantime, I guess a night or two in per week being a :nerd: would be good for my health.What's it gonna run me if I want the system and this stupid game?Also, how obtainable is the system?
System is obtainable anywhere. Game plus system is roughly 460 before taxes. You could always get the cheaper 360 that is only 300 but it doesn't come with the hard drive or a wireless controller. Premium is the only way to go.

Ordered it today, hopefully will be here by Wed.

Need to pick up the network adapter.

only recently an x-box owner.

No charge for basic online play, right (in other words, generic X-box live is used, right?)

Ordered it today, hopefully will be here by Wed.Need to pick up the network adapter.only recently an x-box owner.No charge for basic online play, right (in other words, generic X-box live is used, right?)
If you have XBOX Live Gold you will be able to play it online. If you only have the silver (a.k.a. free) you won't.

Ordered it today, hopefully will be here by Wed.Need to pick up the network adapter.only recently an x-box owner.No charge for basic online play, right (in other words, generic X-box live is used, right?)
If you have XBOX Live Gold you will be able to play it online. If you only have the silver (a.k.a. free) you won't.
boy, that's pretty lame. I guess the $60 sticker price isn't enough for them.I coming from the completely free PS2 world.

boy, that's pretty lame. I guess the $60 sticker price isn't enough for them.I coming from the completely free PS2 world.
You need xbox live to play any game online..it's not coming fromt he makers of GOW. Which Live do you have? Did you pay for the years subscription?

Welcome to the big leagues, buddy. ;)

You need xbox live to play any game online..it's not coming fromt he makers of GOW. Which Live do you have? Did you pay for the years subscription?
haven't paid for anything yet. Will likely buy linked package above.

Call of Duty and GOW tomorrow :thumbup:
I can't believe how LITTLE hype CoD3 has had.BTW - You can get an XBOX LIVE 12 month subscription for around $30 or so online via eBay or specials.In the interim, I bet GoW comes with a trial Live membership, as well.

Call of Duty and GOW tomorrow :thumbup:
I can't believe how LITTLE hype CoD3 has had.BTW - You can get an XBOX LIVE 12 month subscription for around $30 or so online via eBay or specials.In the interim, I bet GoW comes with a trial Live membership, as well.
The thing about COD3 is that people are getting a little burned out on WW2 shooters. Also, it changed developers. But what really is killing the hype for COD3 is the fact that GOW, R6:Vegas, & SC:DA are coming out with weeks of each other.

man I'm glad my birthday is this weekend so I can justify GOW and COD3 this week. I think COD3 is going to be sick now that they've expanded the number of players for multi play, plus I've never owned the other 2 so I'm pretty amped on it. That said if GOW is as good as it is hyped, then I probably will be playing non stop.

I haven't played video games in quite a while, but I used to be a bad-### Counterstrike/TFC player back in my old :nerd: days. At age 30 I feel my time is better spent out on the town chasing the future Mrs. Otis but, in the meantime, I guess a night or two in per week being a :nerd: would be good for my health.What's it gonna run me if I want the system and this stupid game?Also, how obtainable is the system?
Counterstrike is one of the backwards compatible titles for the 360. I still have my copy.

Just called Gamestop and they said it wouldn't be in until tomorrow. I already paid for mine.
I really hate how they advertise all over the place how games will come out on X date when in reality that is the shipping date and the game won't be availible until the next day.The new socom also comes out today (ha), but they won't have it until tomorrow. :angry:

Just called Gamestop and they said it wouldn't be in until tomorrow. I already paid for mine.
I really hate how they advertise all over the place how games will come out on X date when in reality that is the shipping date and the game won't be availible until the next day.The new socom also comes out today (ha), but they won't have it until tomorrow. :angry:
Yeah, this sucks. Really wanted to play tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread