What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WCOFF (1 Viewer)

guy with mcnabb stole huard this week in the early run...

and yes, i'm battling with him for the lcg...

Last edited:
Greek,

Xpert has had a decent reputation and I see them mentioned here alot all summer long. Almost never see TQ stats mentioned. I don't see how Lenny would have known.

I hear ya Reaper. Not sure what I could say to that.

Strategy Q, not really part of this thread, off topic-

Curious why in a pretty well known QB hording league, you wait til last minute to get a bye week cover. (You said no, but if) If you were to play next year, would you manage QBs any different? Draft another? Or they go too early, you'd still roll this way?
I'd believe it is because some names are popping up like Seneca and Garrard that are viable options, OR there are QBs that were released in Week 8 from other teams that are suddenly available.
While it sucks for some people and I think they should have re-ran the waivers, I think it's a little odd that people would wait for the last few hours to put in bids if they were that desperate.
I disagree entirerly. I am not in the WCOFF this year, but have done it in the past. I have always tried to wait until the last minute to submit bids. Injury status often plays a big role on who I bid for. I want to get the last possible injury updates I can before I bid.

FF is suppossed to be a form of enjoyment and entertainment. Bring on the lawyers, and you'll get just what?
When you put up that much money, entertainment can get pushed to the side a bit. This mistake will probably cost somebody $6000 and a shot at $200,000. That kind of money is not typically involved in your local league.

Bad year for major fantasy sites like WCOFF and Sportsline.
wcoff isn't a fantasy site itself...it uses xpertsports.it seems the sites that have the most problems are the ones that try to get overly slick in their interface.i'd rather have something a little more straightforward and know it works every week.
I've been complaining about this at xpertsports for a while.

WCOFF should have given everyone an additional amount of blind bid money...say whatever the highest bid was...if someone bid $600 on a single player then give everyone that amount and run the bids when they are supposed to be run...basically by giving everyone additional money you allow a team that had its bids shown to change what their bid will be and the teams that didnt bid have the extra money too but no clue what the bid will be

Bri said:
bagger said:
this is really where we have an issue.
yep, shark pool
and actually we make it a huge priority to diversify bye weeks. as a result this issue doesn't effect us that much really.
You're quite excited about it, you sure?
when you start 3 WR and have 3 WR out, you are going for either WR7 in the flex or RB3 in the flex. we looked ahead to this week and grabbed booker last week. however we were not expecting to start him until s moss got ruled out.
OH OK you got it coverred. I guess you don't have an issue then. Wait you said earlier you picked up a WR two weeks ago to cover it, not last week. Which is it? Whichever suits your argument?
however, when you have two WRs on a bye and another ruled out this week it doesn't take too much else to occur for you to be hitting the waiver wire for a decent warm body for a fill in, in case someone can't go on sunday.
But earlier you said(post 140) you had 2 out and 2 on a bye. Your team sure changes alot from post to post.Nonetheless going on what you said in the last quote above-but you said yourself you coverred it with Booker, why would you hit the WW? Just to bring up another topic to "bait me on"? I see so many replies to others, mr fisherman. You've brought up WRs over and over, it's really this big concern of yours you've been crying about. Let me ask you a question: Are there "decent warm body" WRs on the WW?oh no wait nevermind you already answerred that when you said
you aren't going to get any WR waiver pickup at all worth much
oh OK so they're not worth much? wait but you said
picking up a FA who scored 10 points versus 1 point could mean a season and some large cash.
keep spinning. Maybe this time your team can drop 6 WRs and hit the WW for 5 WRs and a TE ummm 4 weeks ago so that this doesn't matter and you "don't have an issue". Then go back to the ol "WRs aren't worth much routine" you used a couple pages back, that's a good one.
wtf are you talking about? :confused: the FAs we acquired this week were Owen Daniels, Vernand Mornecy, and Ruvell Martin, none of whom we are starting this week. that does not mean that there aren't people who are trying to pick up people who will start.my point to the fact that there are not big time WRs does not preclude the fact that the margin of error is small and someone who you think may not make a big difference may indeed.with every post you make you are looking dumber and dumber. your ignorance on the format, scoring rules, starting lineups, roster sizes, and overall strategy shows but keep on arguing like we somehow got screwed by this decision. we didn't, but i understand the reason why many are pissed off.stick to your $20 yahoo leagues and leave the big boy threads to those who know what they are talking about.

Bri said:
bagger said:
yep, shark pool
and actually we make it a huge priority to diversify bye weeks. as a result this issue doesn't effect us that much really.
when you start 3 WR and have 3 WR out, you are going for either WR7 in the flex or RB3 in the flex. we looked ahead to this week and grabbed booker last week. however we were not expecting to start him until s moss got ruled out.
OH OK you got it coverred. I guess you don't have an issue then. Wait you said earlier you picked up a WR two weeks ago to cover it, not last week. Which is it? Whichever suits your argument?
however, when you have two WRs on a bye and another ruled out this week it doesn't take too much else to occur for you to be hitting the waiver wire for a decent warm body for a fill in, in case someone can't go on sunday.
But earlier you said(post 140) you had 2 out and 2 on a bye. Your team sure changes alot from post to post.Nonetheless going on what you said in the last quote above-but you said yourself you coverred it with Booker, why would you hit the WW? Just to bring up another topic to "bait me on"? I see so many replies to others, mr fisherman. You've brought up WRs over and over, it's really this big concern of yours you've been crying about. Let me ask you a question: Are there "decent warm body" WRs on the WW?oh no wait nevermind you already answerred that when you said
picking up a FA who scored 10 points versus 1 point could mean a season and some large cash.
keep spinning. Maybe this time your team can drop 6 WRs and hit the WW for 5 WRs and a TE ummm 4 weeks ago so that this doesn't matter and you "don't have an issue". Then go back to the ol "WRs aren't worth much routine" you used a couple pages back, that's a good one.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: This guy isn't even in the WCOFF? :lmao: We could use you in the ACF forum, stud. Thanks for showing off the G.E.D.

Bri said:
bagger said:
yep, shark pool
wtf are you talking about? :confused: the FAs we acquired this week were Owen Daniels, Vernand Mornecy, and Ruvell Martin, none of whom we are starting this week. that does not mean that there aren't people who are trying to pick up people who will start.my point to the fact that there are not big time WRs does not preclude the fact that the margin of error is small and someone who you think may not make a big difference may indeed.with every post you make you are looking dumber and dumber. your ignorance on the format, scoring rules, starting lineups, roster sizes, and overall strategy shows but keep on arguing like we somehow got screwed by this decision. we didn't, but i understand the reason why many are pissed off.stick to your $20 yahoo leagues and leave the big boy threads to those who know what they are talking about.
:lmao: you just proved my point BTW love the yahoo comment

Users who are viewing this thread