What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Of course I remember your bro, GunZ...Again, I might have a place to stay in Palm Desert, but if not, how are the camping conditions? I'm not so sure the desert is "gorgeous" really, it's the desert, but it is a cool venue/vibe for show(s) like this. I just don't want to be crammed in with frat party USA, if you know what I mean. And especially not at 100 degrees, if that happens...
This ain't poor people desert.

Of course I remember your bro, GunZ...

Again, I might have a place to stay in Palm Desert, but if not, how are the camping conditions? I'm not so sure the desert is "gorgeous" really, it's the desert, but it is a cool venue/vibe for show(s) like this. I just don't want to be crammed in with frat party USA, if you know what I mean. And especially not at 100 degrees, if that happens...
you won't be sleeping on sand, Brady Smith. polo grounds pic
Brady Smith? You talkin' the former Saints/Falcons great who still holds the season record for sacks at Colorado State at 27? Wow, good memory, Jimmy.So who's wearing a costume? :confused:

Of course I remember your bro, GunZ...Again, I might have a place to stay in Palm Desert, but if not, how are the camping conditions? I'm not so sure the desert is "gorgeous" really, it's the desert, but it is a cool venue/vibe for show(s) like this. I just don't want to be crammed in with frat party USA, if you know what I mean. And especially not at 100 degrees, if that happens...
This ain't poor people desert.
The Polo Grounds are nice. I don't live too far away, and I might see my first Phish show. That's if it isn't sold out by the time I get a ticket.

Of course I remember your bro, GunZ...

Again, I might have a place to stay in Palm Desert, but if not, how are the camping conditions? I'm not so sure the desert is "gorgeous" really, it's the desert, but it is a cool venue/vibe for show(s) like this. I just don't want to be crammed in with frat party USA, if you know what I mean. And especially not at 100 degrees, if that happens...
you won't be sleeping on sand, Brady Smith. polo grounds pic
Brady Smith? You talkin' the former Saints/Falcons great who still holds the season record for sacks at Colorado State at 27? Wow, good memory, Jimmy.So who's wearing a costume? :yes:
My group wants too, I am tentative at best, but it is a party!

I think you have to, Giggy. I mean, if not at a Phish Festival on Halloween, then when? Love Halloween; best holiday ever. :link:
I know, me too. I am just thinking whatever the costume it better be something easy to move in and not too hot. I am about the show and getting down, I don't need to be trippin' with a costume. I guess we could the Rocky Horror gig, not much to wear then right? How about, I had a dog his name was Jim, run away, run away run away. Took all my old cloths with him . . .

Looking like a FBG phishole is a reality.IN: tgunz, paranoia, Gig, Workhorse, drummer, SLBD :goodposting:
I'm trying like hell to get the wifey on board with a trip there, it all sorta hangs on these friends of ours who have a place nearby. Hopefully I can make this happen.There's no chance this will sell out, is there?And is it feasible to not purchase a shuttle service, and just drive in and out each day? I've never been to Coachella or the area at all, so I have no idea.

Workhorse said:
Officially IN for Indio. Staying at the Marriott in Palm Springs. Can't wait.
Marriott in Palm Desert, not Palm Springs, I hope. Much closer. Great pool, and the club, "Costa's", is the home for SoCal bachelorette parties. It can get a little cheesy in there, but whatever.THIS is the one you want.

Did anyone go to Red Rocks? I'm curious to hear reports. Saw some vids this AM on youtube, looked pretty tight. What a great venue Red Rocks must be, am kicking myself for never having been.

Did anyone go to Red Rocks? I'm curious to hear reports. Saw some vids this AM on youtube, looked pretty tight. What a great venue Red Rocks must be, am kicking myself for never having been.
I caught a couple of Phish shows there in '94. Great venue, ####ty camping. You have to drive no matter what, and on curvy mountain roads nonetheless. As to the upcoming Halloween show; as I understand it the place can hold like 100,000 people and that they will not turn away any walk-ins. And yes, there is day/venue only parking though I don't know how easy/much it costs??But you can totally come hang with us at the RV till the show!! :goodposting:

You guys are going to have a good time out in the desert. I am sure it is going to be insane. Would like to pull it off but it's going to be tough, just a bad month.

Anyone listen to the Red Rocks shows yet? I dl'd 7/31/09, nothing really stood out to me, a little flat even.

Looking forward to this run, will do Hartford and Saratoga.

You guys are going to have a good time out in the desert. I am sure it is going to be insane. Would like to pull it off but it's going to be tough, just a bad month. Anyone listen to the Red Rocks shows yet? I dl'd 7/31/09, nothing really stood out to me, a little flat even. Looking forward to this run, will do Hartford and Saratoga.
I haven't heard the shows yet, but a couple reviews I read suggested set 2 on the 31st was a gem. :goodposting:

setlist looks great again tonight, especially that 1st set. gotta love the first tube encore as well.

damn i wish i was there

I pulled over this weekend to help out some kids with an Iowa license plate. Two guys, two girls in a Ford Explorer. They had a flat and could not figure out how to get their spare down. They all had saucer sized pupils and where well into it. Nice kids, decent hacky sackers, but really with poor command of their frisbee, They where fascinated with a few throws I showed them. I fixed their tire and dropped them a $20 when they said they were out of money. They offered up some blotter in exchange. They told me they were on their way to Red Rocks. I said I already knew that which they found cool. They also found it fascinating that an old guy like me would have the Dead on his car stereo as I pulled up. I wonder who they thought supported the Dead back in the day and how old those folks are now. I din't say anything about it. I hope they found their way there safely.

Nice DW. You far from RR? They're playing the last show tonight; prolly quite a few of your old friends in attendance.

Ditkaless Wonders said:
I pulled over this weekend to help out some kids with an Iowa license plate. Two guys, two girls in a Ford Explorer. They had a flat and could not figure out how to get their spare down. They all had saucer sized pupils and where well into it. Nice kids, decent hacky sackers, but really with poor command of their frisbee, They where fascinated with a few throws I showed them. I fixed their tire and dropped them a $20 when they said they were out of money. They offered up some blotter in exchange. They told me they were on their way to Red Rocks. I said I already knew that which they found cool. They also found it fascinating that an old guy like me would have the Dead on his car stereo as I pulled up. I wonder who they thought supported the Dead back in the day and how old those folks are now. I din't say anything about it. I hope they found their way there safely.
:bow:This is what you get in Colorado, GunZ. :thumbup:

Gigantomachia said:
Sonny Lubick Blowup Doll said:
There isn't a better venue, imo.
Sorry, while I dig Red Rocks, the Gorge is by far the better venue.
No it isn't. And definitely not "by far". The Gorge is great, but the actual setting . . . give me Red Rocks.

i heard that you have to drink beer in beer gardens at the gorge, and not amongst the general show crowd. True? If so, that's a major, major bummer.

Gigantomachia said:
Sonny Lubick Blowup Doll said:
No it isn't. And definitely not "by far". The Gorge is great, but the actual setting . . . give me Red Rocks.
No way. Limited room to move, no on sight camping, and more cops than you can shake a stick at.Baby I love you but give me Park Avenue, I mean The Gorge!!

i heard that you have to drink beer in beer gardens at the gorge, and not amongst the general show crowd. True? If so, that's a major, major bummer.
More and more venues are moving in that direction, sign of the times. But after the show you can walk to your camp site and get as loaded as you want. I have seen Phish all over this country, nothing comes close to The Gorge IMO.By the way, who the hell is silly enough to drink something that will have you running to the "public-pissers" during the show in the first place?? Flask with gin or rum + doses--always optional--and bowls is the shark play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night at RR seemed a bit anticlimactic, but wow, that was one hell of an encore. Bouncing and then Slave, sweet.

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to Halloween!!!

Heading down to Shoreline in a few. Stop by and say hi if you're there, I'm the dark featured, bearded guy that will be pounding coors lights out of the trunk of my green 1998 honda crv :thumbdown:

Who needs beers when you can eat a handful of acid?

Curious, do you Phish Phans think they are better than The Dead?
I don't compare the two. Even if I'm more blown away by Phish's music, the fact that the Dead's music still stands up 30 years later is something Phish can't match at this point.Plus, I never saw the Dead. I was into hip hop and hair bands in the 80s. I was young and stoopid and missing all the real parties. :goodposting:

Oh come on, you can compare them, it's not sacrilege.

I thought when Jerry died that there would never be anything like them. I was wrong. Oh, I'm sure Phish and Dead fans equally hate this general question, but I'm not asking it on a Dead or Phish board, so I think we're safe.

It's okay to go over their weaknesses and strengths. Personally, I don't know enough about each. Seen Phish, though I can't remember where, but never saw The Dead. To his day, that is my biggest concert regret -- not seeing The Dead. And I could've -- just wasn't into them and didn't want to "pose". Silly child.

My guess is there is no way Phish can match the crowds of The Dead, so they're gonna win as far as concert experience goes. But who are the better musicians? My guess there is it might be Phish, as a whole.

Oh come on, you can compare them, it's not sacrilege.I thought when Jerry died that there would never be anything like them. I was wrong. Oh, I'm sure Phish and Dead fans equally hate this general question, but I'm not asking it on a Dead or Phish board, so I think we're safe.It's okay to go over their weaknesses and strengths. Personally, I don't know enough about each. Seen Phish, though I can't remember where, but never saw The Dead. To his day, that is my biggest concert regret -- not seeing The Dead. And I could've -- just wasn't into them and didn't want to "pose". Silly child.My guess is there is no way Phish can match the crowds of The Dead, so they're gonna win as far as concert experience goes. But who are the better musicians? My guess there is it might be Phish, as a whole.
i was just saying that i can't compare them b/c I can't be fair to the Dead. i definitely prefer Phish - the proof is in who gets your iPod time and space. But I still listen to a Dead show a couple times a month. Wonder if I'll do that in 2035 with Phish? i also regret not seeing the Dead. Had a ticket to an RFK show before Jerry died and passed b/c I was broke. :unsure:

It's like comparing Root Beer and Ginger Ale. They both do their thing. It's funny because I grew up around touring. I had lots of Phishhead tour pals. Somewhere along the line after Jerry died they all decided they were really deadheads. Like that was the family to be part of. They're still this way but I know the truth and they all know the truth. ####, a good portion of them never even saw Jerry live. Funny thing is Phil has played with Phish. Those guys just look at each other as artists. I still talk with some of these "kids" - dead family, whatever they think they are. I feel like saying, "Hey I remember dancing to Antelope in a hallway with you at Corestates when you were 17...What with the huge stealie back tattoo?"

The media created the comparison because of the following fans and drug culture. Take the lot scene away and a bit of noodling and that's where the comparisons should end.

I like both bands. Something in my wants to hate Phish but the truth is when they are firing live and I'm an hour into a clean white trip, there's nothing like it on the planet. The Dead is a little less frantic, a bit more organic and blues based where Phish is amped out and jazzy. Just different music....both enjoyable.

Why would you want to hate Phish fins? They're all about having a great party.

m()f()s in Shoreline in a Maze right now.....

Users who are viewing this thread